• 1,823 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • schumertour

Hey noww i placed my order for the RFK 89 set on Saturday Nov 21 and received confirmation that it will ship with Ups (tracking # provided) today Wednesday Nov 25 2020. I was reluctant to order considering the comments about delays in receiving the goods, glad it seems they’re on it now. Nothin left to do but smile smile smile!!!!! Can’t wait to fire up and crack that baby open to relive the moments missed.

• InfiniteJest

Is this 100% still in stock?

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

Try contacting Marye at the 'Got Issues With Your Store Order' forum; it's further down on the topics page. She might be able to help as she has in the past. I can understand your frustration. Also, remember the mail has been slooowed down. Good luck.

• Thetentman

This service is the worst. So slow and unhelpful.

• Thetentman

I ordered this in Feb 2020. It is now the last day of August 2020 and I am still waiting. Last week they notified me it was in stock. 2 days later they said it shipped. Except the Tracking number they provided does not work. They have not replied to 2 requests for info. My Dave's Picks subscription takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. So I guess I will start looking at the end of September. BTW when I ordered it never mentioned that it was not in stock. It is too bad that the DEAD trust this Mickey Mouse operation. We deserve better. FYI there are many choices and bootlegs on Amazon with MUCH better service. Caveat Emptor.

• That Mike

Sorry to say, but the problem is Dead.net itself. They take your money, and you are your own. No response to e-mail requests to Customer Nonservice, and phone calls promise to “escalate” your very important message to the Warehouse, which is double talk for “We will pitch your request in the garbage”. Too bad - a musical legend, that produces the sonic masterpieces it does, and it leaves Shipping and Customer Service in the hands of the Keystone Kops.

I wish you well, but welcome to the Matrix.

• StevePaulos
    Default Avatar

Ordered on 6/4/2020. What’s the hold up?

• Thetentman

I ordered in May. It is on backorder. No one can tell me when it is due back in stock. Love the Dead But they leave a lot to be desired with their merchandising arm. How hard is it to put a banner across the web page with the product status?

• truckineric

My order for RFK 89 is still in pending mode. I ordered on 12-22. Is it sold out? I hope not because I need more 1989 in my life :)

• truckineric

Is this sold out? I purchased on 12-22. My order is still pending. Please help.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

I feel like I should take a bow.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Ive been listening to the Springfield, MA 9.03.80 show released as part of the download series. Truly enjoyable show and very interesting interplay between Jerry and Brent. Brent using way more colorful synth tones and textures than he did in later years. I wonder why it stopped wish it hadnt, it sounded friggin' amazing. Blame it on the excess of drugs i guess...seems like most of us have a hard time livin' the good life, don't be that way. Yes there is plinky toy piano but the Feel Like a Stranger jam alone is worth the listen. Its available on Spotify too if you dont have the series...
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Brent sucks and anyone that likes Brent shows is an idiot. (just kidding).. Every now and again, I get into the mood for 79/81, the early Brent years. I do have that download series show, it's been forever since I listened to it. They played the post space part of 11/26/1980 Pembroke Pines show today on TIGDH. Rockin. Seriously folks.. doesn't anyone have any manners these days.. don't like Brent, say something at least halfway interesting on the 8/24/72 page or find something worth writing about on one of the other 2,318 shows. Good grief.. I am beginning to think Putin hated Brent and set up this lab of Brent hating bots to troll us. Now back to my regularly scheduled 1968 mayhem, there's a great link on the non-brent hating 1972 page, also... :D
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

But not too old to rock n roll Happy Bday.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

Probably not a surprise, but I'm a big Brent fan (I'm also a Donna fan so maybe I just like polarizing figures). On most nights he gave his all on stage. He helped revitalize a band about to enter a new decade and by all accounts was someone Jerry enjoyed playing with. Not everyone's cup of tea, and he for sure had his demons (who doesn't?), but he worked his ass off, was a member of the band for over ten years, and certainly doesn't deserve to be disparaged.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I'm eating oatmeal right now. Everyone who hates oatmeal, please write about how much you hate oatmeal. But seriously, if you don't like oatmeal, it's really really easy to not eat it.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Congratulations to your 75th.Sorry but missed to post it yesterday. I've made a walk to the Hendrix momument we've built in the late '90s. It's situated at the original 1970 festival site here at the Isle of Fehmarn. Keep on rockin' in a free world
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Maybe I didn't make it clear. I share the same birthday as Jimi, but not the same birth year. I am now a mere 64 years young (cue Beatles song). I certainly have outlived Hendrix, but who knows if I will see 75!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

.... personally, I'm more of a cream of wheat guy. Release the hounds!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

We will miss ya One Man. 11/29/79, funkkky Shakedown, at a beautiful venue (Cleveland Public Auditorium).
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

I started eating Oatmeal in the 60's. It was really good back then, although a bit more work to prepare than now. It was sure a nice change from boring Corn Flakes or Wheaties. The Oatmeal ingredients changed a bit through the 70's but it was still good. Many say it was the best Oatmeal ever and I wouldn't argue. But the new-fangled flavors they added in the 80's made me cringe. It just wasn't the same anymore. I hated it and anybody who said they liked it was gonna hear from me about how good it used to be because I'm old and really smart about Oatmeal. Oh, and 90's Oatmeal ? Never gave it a chance... 'Cause I love what I love and I want it that way.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....and Coco Wheats have been equally as awesome in the '60's, '70's '80's and '90's. I think Oat Meal supporters need to broaden their horizons, because they're missing out on the best stuff. If somebody offers me a choice between bland oatmeal and chocalate infused Coco Wheats, I'll choose chocalate everytime, thank you.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

I couldn't decide what kind of cereal I wanted this morning so I just had a beer and went back to bed.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

With a well balanced breakfast, you get eggs, potatoes, toast, orange juice and a side fruit cup. If you want to get extra fancy, you might choose the eggs to be loaded omelets with fresh veggies, bacon and cheese topped with hollandaise sauce. You might even throw in the steak and prime rib for good measure, or lobster if your really into it. If your going to dine at the fully stocked continental breakfast buffet on an empty stomach, why shortchange oneself, and settle for just old plain oatmeal? In some places, it's customary to have some wine (or beer if you prefer) with your breakfast. Count me in for the chard. I'd even be down for a "second breakfast" and "elevenses" with all of that goodness. You only live once.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Donna, Brent, Vince all attract some bad words at times. I may not enjoy some of their specific contributions, but they were members of the Grateful Dead so they are alright by me. Simples.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Funny post Drifter's Escape, I love satire. Good way to poke fun at the never-ending, never-fruitful war of the decades that erupts around these threads on a regular and recurring basis.
user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

As Dick used to say it's all so personal. I find the K&D years to be the sweet spot but if the 80's are your thing check out these three: 8-29-80, 4-12-82 and 3-30-88. I was just talking about the shop on 8th Street in the village the name of which was Psychedelic Solution with a friend of mine. Out of business years ago. Bought the book Soma from them. Really miss that place. Be well all.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Hitting D&C tomorrow, have a GA Pit 2 ticket. Not sure if Pit 2 is next to or behind Pit 1. Will find out tomorrow.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

OatmealAdd milk, not water Add brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and some Nestle Quik. Heat until gently boiling, stirring frequently, until liquid is gone. Enjoy along with chocolate milk. Mmmmmmmm..........
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Add a few drops of cannabis tincture and it's a perfect warmer upper on a cold winter day.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....cosmicbadger is 100% correct. Someone once sang "ain't no time to hate." Remember that line? I try to live by it. Although, I do hate yams.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Yams, Vguy, just call them sweet potatoes and they’ll taste pretty good.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Stuffing waffles.Yup.Add a little milk & an egg or two so it's easier to pat/shove/plop on the waffle iron and let 'er rip.Crispity crunchity stuffing goodness. Pile up the turkey,gravey & whatever your little heart desires and enjoy!
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I'm getting indigestion just reading some of these links. I have a round of toast, a couple of cups of coffee and a few pills when I wake up. Boom.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Good thinking David.. I scored a beautiful Yam shaped pipe for the Senator, just in time for Christmas.
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

I could actually use one of those. I very stupidly took my glass piece out of my sock holding it my hand with my keys above my head entering The Garden on the first night two weeks ago as I went through the security gates; they essentially did the honor system as you went through and i could have easily just left it in my sock but alas...the good honest person that I am, i figured I'd be transparent with them since technically its legal here. Well, the security dude was like "what's this?" and I was like "It's my apparatus man!" and he then says "those aren't allowed in here"....and *poof* it was gone. That's just a funny statement cause, well, we ALL know that pretty much everyone has got somethin on them going in. Thankfully the 4 phatties I had rolled up in my pocket went unnoticed so in the end All was Well. But yeah...produce glass would be neat-o. Sixtus
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Are there any shows in this Europe '72 box set, where Bobby actually remembers all the words to Truckin' ???? If you know 'em shout 'em out.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

My concert experience always had Bobby forgetting the words to Truckin. I always thought it was intentional, an inside joke, and a comment on how often they had to play it. We would wait for it and cheer his "lapse" of memory.
user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

I read a lot of hoopla about this show. I'm not hearing what sets it apart from the rest of the 1970 shows I have. The electric sets are great but so are all of these: Dave's Picks Vol. 19 (1/23-24/70) Dave's Pick's Vol. 6 (2/2/70) 30 Trips Around the Sun (4/15/70) Road Trips Vol. 3 No. 3 (5/14-15/70) These all have a great deal of energy and are virtually flawless. Is it possible it's so popular because it was one of the first to be released, and features acoustic music? I keep seeing it pop up in polls and articles, so I wanted to check in and see if this is a case where its uniqueness at the time of its release made a legend out of it. I got this version of Dave's 19 from one of y'all that starts with the bonus material from disc 3, and it's a masterpiece of a show. The 30 Trips show from Winterland also has some majorly awesome material.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

The recording has known flaws, the electric sets are mono (nobody knows why) and being Dicks Picks 8, it was restored and re-mastered pretty early on. It still sounds pretty good.. It's famous for the performance. It's unique and it's a classic. But you left off 2/13 and 2/14/1970 Fillmore East. "The Grateful Goddamn Dead!"
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

bummer - last piece of glassware I lost was back during that The Other Ones tour at Tweeter - shared among the bretheren, but someone liked it more than me. got the Crafty thru the garden stashing it behind my iphone when I held my hands up walking thru the metal detectors. Still liking this release and DaP24!
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

The sequence of Cryptical > Drums > Other One > Cryptical > Cosmic Charlie is my favorite piece of music by the Grateful Dead or anyone else for that matter. It is grungy, fast and perfectly executed. In addition the acoustic set is great, as is the third set. The Man's World > Dancin' is also special. This show amazed me from the first time I got it on cassette, long before Dick's Picks was available.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Yes, I got this show on a cassette originally-around 1987. My copy had an acoustic set by The New Riders included, too, which was also great. But the electric set by The Dead completely blew me away. For many years it was far and away my favourite show-the versions of The Other One and Dancing In The Street are breath taking. Viola Lee Blues is very powerful, too. Maybe because it was the first Dead show I heard from 1970 (apart from the mediocre "Bears Choice) but it still seems to stand out as the best show from this era. Not the most subtle, perhaps, but, the sheer power and energy could topple kingdoms.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

DP8 is hallowed ground, man! College Town, Best Banter Ever, Acid Drenched, NRPS, Pedal Steel, &&&. B: "Ya gotta start actin' like a mature, responsible audience." J: "Don't listen to 'em, man!" Thick air? This one's got it!
user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Yeah I love 5/2/70, just saying to this newcomer's ear, 1/23/70, 2/2/70, 4/15/70 and 5/15/70 are just as good. I omitted 2/13-14/70 because it's already been widely acknowledged as being "as good as" 5/2. Your comments say it all though, which is what I figured. It came first and is hallowed ground. My favorite part so far is (like someone said) The Cosmic / Cryptical / Other One medley. The Man's World from 4/15 may be a little better. I also like the Dancing from 4/15 (awesome Tighten Up section). Well maybe 4/15 or 1/23-24 will also be hallowed ground in 20 years :-)
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Thick air indeed. I too enjoy 1/23/70 and 4/15/70 and 5/15/70 - great stuff, but not sure those rival DP4 or DP8 (2/13/70 and 5/2/70). The banter, music, acoustic set, and the general vibe on 5/2/70 are unsurpassed to my ears. But I haven't listened to it in a while. I recently DID put on 2/13/70's Dark Star (or 2/14? DP4) and thought it was mesmerizing. Everything falls right into place - so locked in, like Bach or Mozart with BALLZ! But 4/15/70 is also great! A little more chill and laid back than DP4 or 8 (east-coast vs west coast, yada yada) - Man's World is amazing! Had 1/23/70 forever and always enjoyed it. 5/15/70 seems to have it all but doesn't come close to the magic of 5/2/70, as I recall. A few stumbles here and there - not quite as energetic in parts. But still a great show - I recall trading DAT's for 5/15/70 18 years ago and it instantly became my best sounding 1970 bootleg - crystal clear, like Jerry's standing RIGHT in front of you. If only there was more 1970 in the hopper.... (And again, why are the oldest recordings sometimes the best??? 1970's recordings: stunning crispness! 1980's recordings: sounds like the parents in Peanuts. WTF? Technology is supposed to advance, not regress)
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Thanks to all the prompting I took this gem out and am listening to it now. Thank you.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I lied. Never trust a Prankster. Taking another listen to this one as well. Always fun to listen to a show at my Alma Mater. DP8 was one of the first Aha! moments, for me.
user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

I copied these disks 10 years ago for a dear old friend. The occasion was a reunion of chums I'm sure will, sadly, never be repeated. When I stated that the band came out with "the subtlety of a sledgehammer" I got a roaring laugh. I'm certain that I stole that phase from somewhere else but, I thought this was the appropriate format to repeat this assessment.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

No one mentioned adding half of a nice ripe banana to oatmeal. Just slice it up, drop it in while the oats are cooking and mash it a bit. Add a dash of vanilla extract and maple syrup to taste. Now we are getting somewhere. Don't forget a pinch of salt in the mix. Banana is on deck for tomorrow morning. Extra Friday treat -- a few dried cherries in there too.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

.... alright! OK! I'll listen. Twist my joint. There was rubber air that night.
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Mornin’, rockers!! On the menu this fine day: https://archive.org/details/gd1971-12-01.sbd-set2.miller.32304.sbeok.fl… See also: http://deadsources.blogspot.com/2012/07/december-1-1971-boston-music-ha… After an absence of 18 shows, the grease is back. But it’s down a quart. Long gone were the days of Hard To Handle, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, and Midnight Hour. But at least we had a few more months of Big Boss Man, Next Time You See Me, It Hurts Me Too, Lovelight, and Good Lovin’. And even Caution……………….. Virtually all of December 1971 circulates EXCEPT the first set of this show. Is it in the vault, in the super secure area? Was it even recorded? Perhaps lost to the ravages of time and temperature? Does anybody out there have any insight into this mysterious phenomenon? Seeing this IS December 1, I shall repeat my Aprilish offer. Anybody who would like recordings from the fine December 1971 tour, pm me on the anniversary of the show and I shall email it to you……… If you’ve read down this far-----major credit to you----but please note that I will be going on a year-long voluntary sabbatical in 2018. So next year, no Port Chester, April, December, or single show offerings. If there’s something 71 you need/want, now is the time to ask. For everybody I’ve helped in the past, and my “regular customers”, I’ll still be around----just not on deadnet-----so you know where to find me. My friends, rock on!!! Play it loud, and proud! Doc There is a Reaper, whose name is Death, And, with his sickle keen, He reaps the bearded grain at a breath, And the flowers that grow between.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

anyone have an address for this site this year. I like the 31 days, he seems to use larger chunks of shows.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Saw the reference to the Tighten Up jam from Dancin on 4/15/70 and couldn't help commenting. Check something out - listen to the song Tighten Up by Archie Bell and the Drells from 1967 and then listen to the song Soulful Strut by Young-Holt Unlimited from 1968. Both tracks can be found on Disc 3 of the Soul Spectacular collection from Rhino. When you finish that listen to that jam on the 4/15/70 Dancing (from about 5 min. 50 sec through about 8 min 50 sec.) - to my ears the jam is working the melody from Soulful Strut pretty clearly, a melody entirely lacking from Tighten Up. For another version of what I've seen called the tighten up jam check out the version on Darkstar from 10/31/71 DP 2 that starts about 13 minutes and 25 sec. or so in. This version sounds a lot like the melody from Soulful Strut. I never seem to tire of hearing that Darkstar-Jam from 10/31/71. Oh well, just can't help commenting when this comes up.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/rfk-stadium-1989.html