• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • protondecay123
    Default Avatar
    To Fully reconstruct the show from 3/24/1990 at the Knick, you would need to buy " Without A Net " for the One More Saturday Night that closed the 1st Set, Postcards of the Hanging to get the Desolation Row that followed Loser in the 1st set, Dozin' at the Knick for Walking Blues in the 1st set and all of the 2nd set, and Spring 1990 (The Other One) to get the other songs from the 1st set. That show got hacked to pieces.
  • eyes43
    Does anyone have any definitive information on what exactly this is? Heres a link to the ebay item, it has sold, so if you click on this link and you are on a computer or phone, you will need to click on the item to see the original listing. Then you can see the photos, and the numbered coin, which instead of havings its own number, it says, "miracle"? Im thinking this might be what they decided to do with promo copies, instead of leaving it blank, or stamping it "promo" like the FW69 boxset. The Dave's Picks series, all have blank promo copies. (Would be very interesting to know how many promos they make for each of these limited edition items!!) Ok, heres the link:http://m.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-Spring-1990-The-Other-One-Box-Set-M… If you have the ebay app, you can also just enter this number in the search box, and it will bring you to the same item. Again, it has already sold, so you will need to click on it, to open the original listing. That item number is: 162549487635 Id really like to know what the miracle means on the numbered coins...it makes sense that it would be a promo, that they sent out to reviewers and whomever else is lucky enough to get all this stuff, we all do everything we can to afford, for free! And instead of stamping promo, or leaving blank, they stamped miracle, as in here is your miracle (free) 1990 spring TOO boxset!!! Must be nice!!! Still, though, would like to know for sure! Thanks.
  • company
    Default Avatar
    I'd check for you but I didn't order this box. Hopefully someone who did will be kind enough to take 5 mins to get you some confirmation so you don't think you're going nuts! beet juice
  • antonjo
    purplekush, I know this is a year after your post, but just for the record, gotta call b/s on your song-length observations: "7 minute Halfstep" ~ yeah, that's short, but so is 12/19/73 (7:29) "8 minute playin's" ~ 8:56 (7/1/78), meanwhile 10:27 (3/14/90), 11:40 (4/3/90) "17 minutes for a Help On The Way>Slipknot>Franklins Tower TOTAL" ~ 14:50 (8/13/75) "8 or 9 minute China-Cat>Rider has no time to even find a groove" ~ 13:17 (3/15/90), 11:09 (3/26/90), 10:24 (4/01/90), 11:05 (9/19/90) No 8 or 9-minute versions I could find on any of my '90 releases. "a 19 minute Scarlet-fire it's over before it starts" ~ really? I guess these are, too? : 19:33 (10/16/77), 18:01 (11/2/77), 18:16 (5/11/78), 19:55 (7/3/78), 18:28 (7/7/78) 3/16/90's Scarlet > Estimated is 22:25. Incidentally, 11/4/77's Other One = 4:25, and 7/5/78's Truckin' = 7:29. They're both pretty hot, though. Morals of the story ~ some older years boast just as short or shorter lengths as '90; not all '90 lengths are as short as you claimed; and most importantly, song lengths alone do not tell the tale on performance heat. I do share your wish for one of the Fall '73 shows with horns!
  • simonrob
    The problem with posting when a release finally sells out is that it inevitably becomes available again a day or two later. Won't make that mistake again. Stranger than fiction.
  • Fogle
    Pulled the trigger just in time this afternoon... Mickey's damn Beam told me, turns out it was the right call. Feels all the more special that it came so close. I'll be returning home to this precious package after nearly 4 months across the pond in a week plus. Perhaps my first post on deadland? I've been reading each and every release comment that you crazies have drummed up for years now. Maybe I'll be back! Nice place to be. Dave, dead.net, all involved in this community, thanks a ton!
  • simonrob
    Finally gone. That will make the folks at Rhino happy. Took a long time for one reason or another. Too soon after the first one? Simultaneous downloads available? 9000 was too many?
  • chr1skol1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! On yesterday I have got my Spring Box (The Other One). Thanks a lot guys that you have bring to us this exciting and beautiful box!
  • fahrenheit451
    Default Avatar
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for this thing to sell out.
  • DaveandDeeds
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I too was frustrated with iTunes metadata, however I believe this is from lazy and inaccurate individuals who load their poorly labeled discs to Gracenote or whatever, and then the options are usually wrong for the rest of us. This all started for me when I decided to import the E72 box. Nightmare!! My advice is, pick the option that "looks" the most accurate, but DO NOT import it as such. Instead, choose NOT to import, fix the mistakes first, then import away. Sorry for a three moth old reply, but we are all in this together. (~}:-
user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 7 months

I think another factor affecting why it hasn't already sold out is the ability to separately buy 3/29/90, which I for one am glad is not exclusively part of a limited edition. If we had known when the Europe 72 treasure trove was announced that all the shows would be made available individually (of course they didn't know then so we couldn't know…but let's not get into all of that) even Europe 72 would have taken much longer to sell out. Due to it's place in Deadhead lore I think many people will be happy with just 3/29/90. I like most of you on here am pretty insatiable so I'm getting the box, but I could see a lot of people, particularly with only so much money to spend, feeling contented with 3/29/90. Also regarding Sunshine Daydream, I think that is a whole different kettle of fish. The "limited edition" is 25,000 copies of 3CD's and the film plus a nice slip case, liner notes, and the short follow up documentary we saw in the theater. On top of that, probably the most important factor regarding the lack of Sunshine Daydreams officially selling out, is that there is an unlimited version for sale sans slipcase, liner notes, and bonus features. The only reason I bought the movie from Dead.net and not the cheaper unlimited version from amazon was that dead.net was the only place you could get it in Blu-ray. That said, despite the beautiful restoration it still has some grainy film quality, because this was not filmed in the more high end professional way of say The Grateful Dead Movie, and I have honestly wondered if a DVD might be a better way to experience the film as the lower resolution smooths over some of the imperfections. As Space Brother pointed out the vinyl which was truly limited at just 5,000 copies did sell out.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

Thanks for the Terrapin info SPACEBROTHER. I'm 2/3 covered then. Missed the first '90 set but have the others.
user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

Please post/publish the album cover art for each of the individual shows. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
user picture

Member for

11 years 9 months

according to today's emailalso the video showing the box contents is posted $240 for all you are getting is a steal
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 3 months

All that packaging is why I don't want to buy it. With May 77 I bought the download. Let me do the same for this.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Does Jerry still feel like when he was done with the music, he didn't need it any more?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 9 months

I am so looking forward to receiving these 24 track recordings. The closest thing sonically is probably the superb Formerly the Warlocks box. After receiving the 1st Spring 90 box I actually had to get my woofers re-coned. I have a Carver C9 Sonic Hologram Generator which expands the soundstage and works wonders with 2 track recordings. I passed on the May 77 box and Instead scoured eBay for all of the commercially released Betty Boards (Dick's Picks) from 1977 into spring 1978, as well as the Road Trips and Pure Jerry releases from that period. Keith's signature sound is so sweet on all of those recordings. That being said, Brent brought another dimension to the Dead. When you watch Truckin Up To Buffalo it's apparent just how much Jerry enjoyed that whole dynamic. Those years also expanded the Dead's music catalog and produced more varied set lists night to night , compared to , say , May 77. Space & Drums also evolved with The Beam and the MIDI guitars (IMHO sadly missing from the Further shows). Thanks Dave & Rhino for releasing this. I can hardly wait for September to crank up the time machine and shake the house. This one will be hard to top (maybe by design) and the lease on the vault is nearing the end. Better to get it than regret it. Sleep in the stars. ; )
user picture

Member for

17 years

This really looks nice, can't wait to start jamming. They are going fast, I bet they sale out before they start shipping. I'm really glad to know the cool poster is included, I'll have the hands and roses framed. The new Bob Dylan Box set coming in November is $150.00 for 6 CD's. Spring 90 Too is a steal compared to that. Good vibes coming from this box set. As always I wonder what's next? We have a FB page called Grateful Dead Society, lots of really cool Deadheads there. Folks are talking everyday, we post pictures, videos, links etc. We also have helped each other fill a few holes in our collections. Please come join us. We are a peaceful group, no drama or rudeness. Just simple people pulled together by the love of music. Peace
user picture

Member for

13 years 10 months

Glad to see this is 75% sold out. The box looks very nicely thought out and packaged.
user picture

Member for

17 years

It appears that the artwork for the S'90 (TOO) box set version of 3/29/90 might be different than the "Wake Up To Find Out" version.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

There wasn't a whole lot extra with the May 77 box. Glad I bought the physical product, and was well worth the price.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Coconut Phil is right, I've seen box sets that offer a lot less and cost a lot more! 23 discs and all the extra goodies, its a great deal! I'm off on Monday and for all these spring/summer holidays I listen to a complete show, I think I'm going to go with 3/30/90 to get ready for this release to accompany the Octoberfest beer,ribs,steak,etc! Of course sometime during the day I'll have to dig into DaP 11 some more! Besides 3/29, the Atlanta shows look awesome also! Been listening to 4/2 lately so I'm stoked for the rest of the run! Love to check out your page Phil but sorry, I'm not a Facebook guy! I'm a history guy who studies the Civil War, too much reading to do,but I'm sure its a great site and I wish it well! Take care folks,gonna hit the bikepath before work probably with Dicks 12 in my ears! Later folks!!
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

If I hadn't already spent hundreds on concerts/festival and other discretionary stuff, I'd probably get this. From the listening party, the sound is phenomenal -- clearest and warmest digital sound I've ever heard. Like the best of digital and vinyl combined. That said, I don't necessarily agree that this was the last great tour. Certainly, the playing is first-rate. However, summer and fall 90 were pretty amazing as well (especially the September MSG run), the latter especially so considering they were breaking in two new keyboardists. There were many great shows throughout 1991 as well. Jerry was probably at his best, though in 1990 through September (right around then he reportedly started using again). The 3/29 Dark Star is arguably the best of the latter days, though I'm also a fan of 10/26/89, 7/12/90, 9/20/90, and 12/31/90.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I also made it only to those 3. Kinda the dregs of a great tour -- they were pretty tired out by then -- but still among the better shows I've been to (tells you something about my selection), and I was lucky to get to all 3. The first two were actually really good in my opinion, but not comparable to 7/12/90 or the Deer Creek show with the Dew. Brent seemed lost at times, maybe already checking out? I heard a rumor that the Dead were going to kick him out after that tour due to his heavy drinking, but I wonder how much validity there is to that. His playing on the spring tour was superb, and he contributed four songs to "Built to Last." We'll never know if his death was a suicide or an accidental overdose. Either way, the band never sounded the same afterwards.
user picture

Member for

17 years

I attended the three Atlanta Omni shows in the Spring, he first two nights at Tinley Park and Compton Terrace in Phoenix in December. I remember the band playing spectacularly at all of these shows. From Tinley Park, I remember where Brent made a vocal embellishment where something weird was muttered by him, but other than that, his playing and back-up vocals were almost always spot on on. Perhaps that was also his problem that led to his death. He was always on, at least musically. Whatever the case, for not being an original founding member, Brent's contributions to the band were perhaps the most important. Not only for rebuilding themselves after Keith and Donna, and for contributing in a way that made the band more palpable for mass exposure, but also as somebody who usually had a lead vocal feature at nearly every show, and fit with the Dead's vibe. There will be three big anniversaries in 2015. The 50th for the bands start, the 25th since Brent's passing and 20th for Jerry's. Incidentally, 2013 will also mark the 25th anniversary of Stevie Ray Vaughan's death and the 15th for original Gov't Mule and Blues Traveler bass players, Allen Woody and Bobby Sheehan respectively. It will be a year of celebration and reflection, and probably a butt load of new music releases capitalizing on it.
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

I was at the first and third nights at Tinley Park 1990 and thought Brent was in great form. In fact, my setlist notes from night one included a note regarding a sweet Brent keys solo during Friend of the Devil. We didn't have tickets to night two, so we heeded the band's advice and stayed away in our campground. That venue was lousy, though, and put off a bad vibe from the minute we got in the parking lot. High police presence-- and menacing at that. Not Ferguson, MO 2014 menacing, but 1990 menacing. The 24th anniversary of SRV's death was actually yesterday. I was at the show the night before his death, too. I walked out of that SRV/Clapton show with my mind blown. I went for Clapton and SRV was simply amazing. I have recordings of the last night and can rarely listen to it-- it truly makes me sad. He had hit his stride and was ready to conquer the music world.
user picture

Member for

13 years 10 months

My wife and I decided on that Saturday to head down to newly opened Tinley Park and try to get tix and see the show. In the latter years of the Dead, I frequently would be disillusioned with the band and the increasingly large venues and not buy tix in advance. Then I'd get excited to see them as the show date got closer and would try to scalp tix. Anyway, we put some food and drink together and started down from Park Ridge to Tinley Park, probably around 3 or 4 pm. It should have been a 45 minute ride. The venue was so unprepared for the influx of people that I80, the interstate that you take to get to TP, was a parking lot. Literally. I got out of the car on the interstate (my wife hopped into the driver's seat in case traffic moved) and I walked up and down the interstate trying to find someone selling tickets. No dice. After, I don't know, two hours stuck in traffic, we were able to get out of the exit lane and speed past the exit for TP. We turned around and headed back to Park Ridge. I swore I would never go back to World Music Center. I haven't. Oh well, I'm sure they were good shows, but what a clusterf...
user picture

Member for

17 years

Tinley Park wasn't a very inviting venue. I remember the traffic jam being horrendous. The design of the theater itself was ominous and the acoustics weren't all that great. I'm not surprised the Dead never returned there. We had tickets for all three shows. We ended up selling the third nights tickets, which in hindsight of being Brent's last show was a bummer, but the venue was definitely a turn off. The first two nights were well performed and inspired throughout. We ended up going to see a Jean-Luc Ponty concert on the day of Brent's last show instead, which itself was a pretty awesome jazz rock fusion concert. Brent's death did urge us to purchase tickets for the December Compton Terrace run from that year, which in themselves were also great shows. The second afternoon show (they were daytime concerts) on December 9th 1990 was particularly well performed (and would make a great Dave's Pick). The band, and Jerry in particular were still riding the momentum they were on from the last few previous years. They were even still riding high on that momentum through '91 on both, the Dead and JGB tours.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

I agree, Spacebro, 90-91 had some very sweet spots. I especially appreciate Hornsby's contributions during this period. The 91 Boston run is one of my favorites, and I would buy a Boston '91 box set in a heartbeat! I LOVED Allen Woody! He could walk the dog, and he played so fat and saturated; just a pleasure to listen to. I went to a Mule gig at Lynagh's Emporium in Lexington (fantastic tiny bar venue) in 1998. The stage at Lynagh's was about a foot tall, and the floor space in front of the stage was small, so very intimate venue. I stood in front of Allen Woody that night, basically face to face with about 4-5 feet of air between us and nothing else. It was a magic night, etched in my mind and soul. Watching him play that night made for one of those show moments, well, you know the ones that we can't put words to. The first Mule album got me through the Summer that Jerry died.
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

That traffic jam at Tinley Park was something else, though Alpine Valley in 1988 was also a mess. At Tinley Park, I remember looking out from the lawn after the show started and still seeing a traffic jam. It was a mess. I still have two souvenirs from those Tinley shows, though-- a SYF frisbee and my "Death Shirt," a tie-dye purchased in the lot on the third night also worn to the SRV/Clapton show and then to 7/8/95 Soldier Field.
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Bummer - was down at my parents for a couple of days and missed the unveiling video. Hope they show it again. Looking forward to it shipping in a couple of weeks...
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

I didn't realize it was so close to ship date. Anyone doing Phish in CO this weekend? I sprung for the HD couch tour. 3 nights for $53.97, it's all just a way to pass time until S90(2) ships! Can't wait!
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

...you know it! Always a great time @ this venue! Doing the couch tour myself, looking forward to Sunday's show because I'm off on Monday! Party on Wayne!! ;)
user picture

Member for

17 years

Saw him in the '70s in Oakland. Really great. Thanks for the reminder to go listen to his stuff...
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

First, dug him as an undergrad at UGA, @'77?......Imaginary Voyage!

Member for

10 years 1 month

I was thinking last night, I only have one wish with this set. And that is simply that YOU LOVE IT! I'm hoping it's like Christmas morning when that package gets to you, and I hope you enjoy it for years to come Bro!Looks like a fine box and from what folks are saying, the sound is superb. Enjoy!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Live at Donte's is a favorite of mine.
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

Like to see some more of these shows including Europe tour. Maybe the Zenith show as a pick.
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

***Digital downloads of the complete Spring 1990 (TOO) and the complete Spring 1990 titles will also be made available on release date.*** I guess I didn't read at first .... but the first spring 90 will also be available to download ? Very nice.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Why was the first 1990 box mastered differently than this one which appears to sound vastly superior? Was it ever stated?I also think the shows selected on Spring 1990 TOO are better than the first box.
user picture

Member for

13 years 10 months

I would guess the reason they used the 2-track recordings for the first box is because it takes a lot longer to master a recording when you have as many different tracks as are on a multi-track (16?). And time is money. I can't imagine that there are any advantages to starting with a two-track recording vs. multi-track unless the multi-track has been damaged. Anyone know for sure? Glad they are doing the Full Monty for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if one day they remaster the first box, assuming their original advertising doesn't prohibit it.
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

I suppose they could remaster the first box, but only for the download. The original press stated, "This box is limited to just 9,000 numbered copies - please note, this is the only time these shows will ever be officially available on CD."
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

One more week and this awesome set will be on its way! Listening to 3/30 getting ready for some more Spring 90! Listened to 3/26( I was there!) the other day....Great China/Rider and Stellar Dew!! Really one of the great versions! If we get it on the 9th that would be sweet but it will be here soon enough...Those prints look sweet and a couple will be going in the "Reading Room" for sure! Take care folks!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Actually, even better - these were recorded to 24 track rather than 16-track. They do sound sweet. Just that little clip of US Blues that played over the sneak peak video had me going back again and again. And yes, those prints look suitable for framing - I was finally ready to pull the trigger on this set when we got hit with some financial woes. Nothing too awful, just unexpected crap that comes with owning a home, and just like that, no Spring 90 TOO. Oh well, I'll get a lot of pleasure out of reading everyone's rapturous reviews!
user picture

Member for

17 years

Does anybody know how to change your credit card at this late date, without sending sensitive data in a regular e-mail?I asked Customer service couple of days ago, but they haven't answered yet. (my card was stolen in the crowd at St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome - godless bastards!!)
user picture

Member for

17 years

Dancingbear, send me the details and I'll ask the Dr. the best way to proceed. (Don't send me the credit card number, just the order number!)
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

I had the same problem. I had to cancel my original order and rebuy it with the new card. Didn't have any other option. Fine for when something isn't sold out...
user picture

Member for

13 years 10 months

Give up any hope of ever getting any copy of TOO delivered to your door with *any* credit card number. LOL Good luck.........I would take Mary up on her offer and begin praying to your favorite god. ;-)
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I just pre-ordered the Cow Palace '76 Vinyl on Amazon. Didn't see an announcement here. Anyone else see this?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

I love reading all of the experiences of the Tinley Park shows. The first and third nights were my very first Dead shows. I don't remember any of the hassles that others are talking about, probably because I didn't drive, I was blissfully ignorant of most things Dead, and I thought I had reached Nirvana. What I do remember: a parking lot scene that fit right in with how my 19 yr. old mind thought the world should be; dancing and tripping so hard that I couldn't distinguish rain from sweat (it rained on and off on, I think, the 1st night); the Dylan covers! My friends poked fun at me, because I was a long time Dylan fan but knew little of the Dead's repertoire, so Queen Jane, Mighty Quinn, and Watchtower were unexpected treats for me; and, finally, the first night Scarlet>Fire--Fire on the Mountain was one of the few originals with which I was familiar, and I remember dancing in ecstasy. Funny how perception works. To me, these shows were absolutely perfect and life altering. To seasoned Heads, they were probably average and tainted by the venue, the cops, the scene in general.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 7 months

Ballad in urgency / wiser time
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

before shipping date. now wouldn't it be a great Christmas present if all the original purchasers of the first box got a 24 track set of replacement discs sent to them from Santa.
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

double post: i received on notice...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Were any import taxes, duties, VAT and/or extra UPS fees imposed in the Netherlands? Thanks.
product sku