• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

ground is either a little FU or just a tone deaf miss. I'll assume the latter. Seriously, how hard was that to get right? And thanks for the little ticket or backstage pass or whatever. Aside from the fact that should have been part of the original box, who cares? A ticket for a show that I didnt go to? I don't like being negative but if we had ordered a TV or piece of stereo equipment from [fill in the blank] manufacturer, none of the handling we just got from the USB thing would have been ok. At $700/per, better across the board should have happened. Whatever, glad the fine tunes are heading to their rightful homes.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Has anyone that's ordered the USB get their Holiday Surprise gift yet?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

You list your top shows and have 67 to 75 EXCEPT 1971. Was that an oversight or did you not dig 1971? I am slowly going thru box and have 1971 up next. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback? Dave
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Official notification that mine has shipped and is on the way...........YAY!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

Takimoto - I think Prafter was demonstrating creative mathematics. I don't think anyone,myself included will tell you the 1971 show is as good as 1970, it's still a solid, vintage show with a good 2nd set. Enjoy! USBers - ABOUT TIME! And I agree, a faster method of shipping should have been used. Though shipping UPS ground you should still have it before Christmas (even shipping via the Three Wise Men would have been faster) and you'll be swamped in goodness. EBay - we all know how it works. Call it price gouging…call it scumbaggery…the bottom line is it's the sh*tty side of capitalism. As much as I don't like it, I still can't blame or fault anyone with the means and foresight to do it.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

KY Trips, i was just listening to that show this week. I dig the Dark Star, it has a different structure. I also enjoy the Wave that Flag which has some really cool lyrics compared to what they eventually settled on.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

1971 was an oversight...another awesome year....finishing 1983 as I type...1983 is strong...great Scarlet/Fire. My favorite Live Dead era is 67-77...before the coke changed things.and someone questioned why no love for 1976...only played it once, it's up next. As someone who's also waiting on the USB, I have not received any extra mailbox surprises from Dead.net. I am hoping the email was ahead of the shipping Dept.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

1971 usurped 1976's rightful place in the rotations...thanks Dave. also, 100% correct on my (lack of)arithmetic skills. Happy Trips to all in the community...this is an awesome treasure to behold as a Deadhead...and to share with friends for years to come. Plus, when I die, I can be cremated and buried in the box.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

from DeadNet:In the spirit of the 50th anniversary and giving back to the fans, we've also included a couple of surprises. Along with your USB, you will find an original Grateful Dead concert ticket and backstage pass. You may also find a "miracle" ticket. Miracle ticket holders will receive a personalized 30 Trips RIAA-certified Gold Record plaque in 2016. To claim your miracle, we'll need you to follow a few simple steps – outlined here – by January 15th, 2016. We'd also like to remind you to keep an eye out for some extra Grateful Dead holiday cheer if you haven't already received it.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

UPS dropped off just now. Nice purple box with artwork. Solid metal USB lightning bolt engraved with stealie and the number on back. Got a 93 backstage and 12/29/85 Oakland ticket. No miracle for me, bummer. Playing 91 show now. Sounds good through JRiver. Have to go to work as I'm already way late but I wanted to wait and not have the thing sit on stoop all day. All in all a solid product and the sound on short listen seems quite good but will need the months that others do to get through it. So it's actually TRUE that they are shipping!
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

I'm not happy that I paid through the nose to back-fill my Dead collection, but more total sales for Rhino = more releases for us. If Rhino didn't want, didn't RELY on re-sellers for a profit, they would limit the number of units per person to one, and there would be a significantly smaller number of units produced, per release, and they would take waaaaay longer than a day to sell out (or even three months, in the case of 30 Trips). Anyone on the management side of a business knows that the cycle runs in quarters, and to sit around with stock in the warehouse is the path to insolvency. It would have a cascading effect on the entire business, such that they would not be able to offer as many releases per year (and then we would be unhappy that all of these shows are sitting in the vault, unreleased). Complain all you want, but really, you're being short sighted. The system to bring four new releases a year + box sets + specialty releases like Wake Up To Find Out and November 18, 1972 is only possible because Rhino has set up a system to move their product in bulk for a quick turnaround. People say they don't understand the business plan - well it's simple - the Ebay re-seller market has provided Rhino with free distribution of their product, which ultimately leads to more releases for us. So buy your subscription and stay on top of things to get it first and get it cheap (that's what I'm doing now). And to bash people that have the initiative to capitalize on the system is ridiculous, because 1) the system is helping you get more shows per year, and 2) really? somebody demonstrates initiative to participate in the market economy selling a product for which there is obviously a demand, they do it legally, and that's a bad thing? Short sighted, I'm sorry. The bottom line is that the system as it is today is good for you and good for the economy - which is good for you. I understand it may not seem like the case when you look at a $300 price tag on a CD on Ebay, but it is - embrace it and say thank you (that's what I did - I stay on top of all the release dates, and I have not yet missed getting the "good" price from dead.net since I started paying attention). I'm not a re-seller, and I've spent thousands on Ebay to stock my shelves with all of the Dead releases. But I'll never complain about the system, because now that I'm on top of it, I'm getting at least double the number of shows per year than I would with a business model that does not allow for re-sellers.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Left NYC Gateway, given Customs clearance at UK East Midlands, so presumably mid-Atlantic now.Showing Friday Delivery.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I have no issue with people selling on EBAY it is a free country; that being said, the fact that some people will do morally and ethically reprehensible things is a result of that freedom. I was brought up to think that just because you CAN do something does that mean you should? Let's call it a deep-seated conscience that is my moral compass. Legal or not, I ask the question is this "right" and does it align with the golden rule. Most aspects of capitalism do not care to or want to ask the questions that deal with moral fortitude or ethical systems. That is because capitalism by nature is unethical and preys on consumer fears to drive sales/profit. Many of the current problems facing America are directly or indirectly related to the consumer driven capitalist culture that we have created since the end of WWII. Sorry I'm not trying to be political; I just think it is silly that so many people defend poor morality and ethics by claiming that the legal system and the legality of certain behaviors is the determinant factor as to whether or not they should do them. Politics Disclaimer for LoveJerry: This system is not good for the country, not good for me (I don't know about you), nor does it provide long-term national security beyond a generation of grotesquely wealthy white men and their consolidated fortunes passed onto heirs.
user picture

Member for

9 years

Holiday Cheer arrived by USPS today.USB scheduled delivery 12/18
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

It sounds like you have a problem with capitalism in general, but the immorality that stems from other economic systems is far more invasive on personal liberty tHan whatever injustices you perceive have been levied on you here. What other economic system allows for either the massive amounts of foreign aid our country exports around the world, or the opportunity for a person not born into money to develop a lot of money? Take Mark Zuckerberg for example. His fortune had nothing to do with WWII or being white. You tell me where you're going to move with a better chance of not only personal success, but the ability to generate charity, the utmost moral goal. Shit, you don't even know what all of the resellers of Grateful Dead CD do with their proceeds. For all you know, they could be feeding the hungry with that money - but you would argue those CDs should be reserved on a private market at $28.50 so some overpriveledged DeadHead can enjoy it? Talk about immoral. But honestly, I don't believe you have any concept of economic systems and morality; I think you're an egocentric common citizen who envies what others have - a cornerstone of immorality. Your freedom to chastise a system that you don't understand speaks volumes about the moral charity it offers to common folk.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

a naked blond walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two foot salami under the other....
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

GR8 Looking USB Miracle Box! received my Holiday cards to boot........... Hey Now!
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Maybe this is not the best time to reveal that I had the foresight to purchase 500 copies each of the Fillmore West ’69 box, the Europe ’72 box, the 30 Trips box, and Rockin’ the Rhein (with bonus disc). My plan is to sell these off on eBay, form an offshore multinational corporation and use the moneys that would normally go to paying U.S taxes to buy a small island in the South Pacific. Does that make me a bad Deadhead? Kidding, of course, it was only 300 copies each! Peace
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Hey PeaceSignGuy, can I crash on your island? I'm tired of working...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Hooray. First show I am loading into pono and iTunes is cobo. Tracks are not tagged by disk so I will have to manually tag (three track ones, then 3 track 2s etc). Must....resist....complaining...At least we know tagging the files was not the cause of the delay. The spousal approval ratings were not high with this purchase and the time involved if this is a problem throughout will send me down to share the * level in the polls with Jeb Bush
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

So happy you folks are starting to get your long overdue USBs.Welcome to the party at last. Better late than never as they say! :)
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Sure 71-73 are smokin'. 77-78 gets your foot tapping. The late 60's stuff is mind boggling. But...that 76 Cobo show starts revving up at Ramble on Rose and doesn't slow down. 76 and 79 are my secret favorites. That 91 show might be my top show of the box.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

New Sennheiser HD 280 pro's + COBO '76 = BLISS:) ...it was my birthday a few days ago...I deserved 'em! ;)
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Someone a few days ago kindly ripped on the dancing bear Rubik's cube.Well I've gotta say...1st-It's been a loooong time since I've fucked with a Rubik's cube,so it hasn't gone well since I scrambled the thing up. 2nd-Having a picture on it actually makes it waaaaaaaaay harder than I ever remembered it being. :)
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Well said. I thought I would feel compelled to respond to Direwulf's anti-capitalism post, but then I saw your post already covered the basic points. Thanks for saving me the trouble of pointing out the flaws in the anti-capitalist spew. I also agreed with the content of your initial post on the Rhino release model and the resale market on ebay. Seems to me this model has resulted in an abundance of material being available for purchase, thereby benefiting me and the other deadhead's still expanding their collections.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

I agree with direwulf and especially his last paragraph. I love this country and absolutely love living here and having grown up here and raising my kids here. But, I do believe greed, immorality and other factors are leading this country to a slow decline. I am glad I won't be here in 100 yrs to see what it looks like. Capitalism isn't bad. Greed and immorality are. I'm talking about things like Company's putting chemicals in foods that are harmful to people thst are cheaper and easier to make .... making kids toys with toxic materials that are cheaper but poisonous etc.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I won't hit anyone with my take on capitalism. Really, who cares? Listen to these guys from the FTW show. You've all heard it.... (NYT 7/6/15) The Grateful Dead Close Out Their Final Concert With Music and the Words 'Please, Be Kind' CHICAGO — There were tears among the tie-dyed and enough hugs to recall Haight-Ashbury at its most loving as the surviving members of the Grateful Dead played their fifth and final “Fare Thee Well” concert on Sunday night at Soldier Field, having vowed it would be their last as a group. The Dead’s “core four” — Phil Lesh on bass, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart handling percussion and Bob Weir on rhythm guitar — embraced and waved from center stage after taking their final bows just before midnight, capping more than three hours of the band’s famously improvisational jams spread across two sets and two encores. “The feeling we have here — remember it, take it home and do some good with it,” Mr. Hart said in closing. “I’ll leave you with this: Please, be kind.” ---Happy Holidays to You and Yours! Congrats to those patient Bolt recipients! All Dead all the time! Enjoy the music!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I praised this show from the first time I heard it. Where y'all been?.... ....I mean, it's the last show before Day on the Green, and that's hollowed ground. ...
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

If you work on a Mac, try "Increment Number Tags" at dougscripts.com. I think that's what you are talking about.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Received the USB package yesterday. A few observations - the directories that the FLAC files are in were created mid-October which leads me to believe the delay from then was related to the lightning bolt or packaging. The FLAC files are hi res versions of what is on the CDs - fade outs/in that appear on the discs also appear in the FLAC files. I am very disappointed by this as these fades are not relevant in this medium - should have been seamless. Finally the tagging of the files is poor - every file has a parenthetical notation of show name and location which is not necessary. And the files are sorted by disc which is confusing when you attempt to convert them or copy them to your library. I have used Doug Scripts, as I always do, to "fix" the tagging - names and numbering. All bitching aside, glad we finally have this and the music is superb. Happy holidays to all. BZ
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

What are everyone's favorite parts? I like the jamming on Playing and all throughout disc 3.
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

This is a really informative review, thank you for posting. Ever since the set was announced, I had wondered (assumed, really) if the disc fade ins/outs would be present on the USB because, obviously, they're not constrained by the same rules as a disc. I agree, it's a very bizarre choice. I was strongly considering getting a USB version for this reason alone, so I personally appreciate you relaying this update. Still- the music is so good and, if you listen in order, the story is even better. Happy Listening.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

To say this is infuriating is an understatement.The amount of work that is going into my actually getting this into my music library is ridiculous. Where is the human element on the other end of this $800 transaction? Anyone who actually plays music or owns a computer with a music library would know not to tag these songs on the USB by disc number with the name of the album INCORPORATED into the the track name. It's just lazy. You'd think given the price tag on this item that they'd spend a little less time creating a half assed flash animation to drive the experience and a little more time understanding how people are actually going to use this thing.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

the tagging issues are amazing. just a fundamental failure.
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

Hey, at least you didn't have to insert 80 cds into your computer and label everything (from scratch) yourself, like the rest of us had to do!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

that the hi def have the same tracking, fade in/out of the discs is also troubling. suggests that they are just upsampled versions of the cds and not from JN's mastering. i hope im wrong but that is also just not too cool.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

hahaha , a long good laugh , thumbs up
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

a club of - i presume - blessed gentlemen , wealthy enough to spend thousamds of bucks a year on music - so much better than on Rolex or cars or other capitalistic crap !I love reading this forum , there`s many thoughts i share though i cannot second every comment on a show or a song - that´s all to individual.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Got a text from my wife today informing me that it had arrived ..... everything seems good so far.Nice packaging ..... cool box, and the bolt is really heavy. Will be uploading later tonight.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

Maybe someone could post a list of which tracks they've found that have fades - I plan to eliminate the fades before listening. As far as the upsampling from CDs issue is concerned: I had correspondence from both David L. and GDM management. There was a 192 kHz master, the USB was separately mastered from the 192 kHz files, the HDCD also separately mastered. Although I disagree with the decision, apparently the powers-that-be decided to maintain the same track breaks (including the fades) in both sets. Otherwise they would have had to create two separate 192 kHz versions to work from (one with fades, one without).
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

@ziffle. thanks. that is both encouraging and mystifying but nothing we can do now. (except bitch about the poor tagging effort). I know, I know. These should all be our worst problems. I think its just that the cost of the product was very substantial (the most i ever spent on a single music collection) and so I think it was fair to expect the effort on their end to meet that. but, onward we travel...
user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

This should be a fairly comprehensive list of fade outs/ins due to disc limitations. In addition to these, 1973's tracklist was rearranged in order to fit on 3 discs, so it'd be interesting to see how the USB version compares to the actual setlist (i'm guessing it mirrors the physical set release) 1976 - Drums -> Wheel 1978 - Drums -> NFA 1980 - Drums -> Space 1982 - Drums -> Space 1983 - Drums -> Space 1984 - Drums -> Space 1985 - Drums -> Space 1987 - Man Smart -> Terrapin 1988 - Drums -> Space 1989 - Drums -> Space 1990 - Drums -> Space 1991 - Drums -> Space 1992 - Drums -> Space 1993 - Drums -> Space 1994 - Drums -> Space 1995 - Drums -> Space
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

I can be slow on these new fangled doohickeys and trying to get a mental picture of the device, as I still might grab one for capitalistic gambling pursuits. From the various descriptions I still can't figure out the Bolt it self. Is it really metal, which would be a potential shock hazard? How much does weigh? Is there a USB cable or does this heavy metal memory stick plug into a USB slot, which on my audio PC are all on the rear of the machine? The cut song fade aspect is weird and Rhino should go for a seamlees transition on both CDs and digital files, fade outs remind me of 8 tracks, old technology. What about the 1973 show song order? THANKS
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

"But honestly, I don't believe you have any concept of economic systems and morality; I think you're an egocentric common citizen who envies what others have - a cornerstone of immorality. Your freedom to chastise a system that you don't understand speaks volumes about the moral charity it offers to common folk." Wow ^^^^^^^ ! "common folk" I'm sure Jerry would love that! Honestly, I bought my own house with my wife after attaining two advanced degrees through federal loans. I did this without jeopardizing my conscience and with lots of hard work over many years, gaining as much knowledge about as many subjects as I can and being the best at what I do no matter where I work or what task I am assigned. Your assumptions about my character, comments on my social status (I went to school with the Lynch family (that's of Merrill Lynch) and labeling as "common folk" is only reinforcing my opinions on capitalism. I grew up and lived among some of the most powerful and wealthy people in the country, many of them close friends but alas I was not one of them. While personal attacks are usually the easiest way to feel like you have successfully dominated another individual it is what you say that matters. I do not care about about EBAY sellers nor do I care what one person chooses to pay for a product from another person. I specifically said that people could do whatever they wanted and that is fine with me. My comments were intended to chastise the thought that just because an immoral action is legal does that make the action an acceptable choice? Slavery was legal once too, so was the lack of voting rights for women. Isn't changing a legal but immoral law to illegal status called progress? I chastised an economic system because it unfairly consolidates large amounts of capital within a small group of people, whom do not reinvest that money back into their country, but pass on their political control and wealth to their heirs. There is a reason why many capitalists including Mr. Shkriel are now facing securities fraud charges and continually lobby to have economic laws changed in there favor. I have no immediate issues with a capitalist system and yes I do benefit from it. I guess the problem lies within the capitalists themselves. I'll post an article by Stanley Bergman precisely about the concept of ethical capitalism, while I do not entirely care for the Huffington Post here is the article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stanley-m-bergman/ethical-capitalism-its-… The problem with capitalism that I was trying to "spew" was more of an issue with something Mr. Bergman explains more clearly than I; "The problem is not with capitalism; the problem is with those capitalists who focus on the present without caring for the future." LoveJerry says, "What other economic system allows for either the massive amounts of foreign aid our country exports around the world." I would think that just because an economic system has not yet been found or created that allows for moral fortitude and foreign aid does not mean that we can not create one. I also do not believe that any one economic system is the be all - end all of perfection and refinement is needed to truly achieve lasting success. I am a former geologist and now a science teacher so the idea that stagnation and tradition is the epitome of a successful system does not align with my understanding of evolution and progression. Our capitalist system also generates wars in order to manufacture capital for defense contractors than it does export foreign aid. Lastly, Mark Zuckerberg is not the best example of the point you are trying to make. If you think that that a kid who had access to computer technology to practice on when it was still very expensive and then attended Harvard where he questionably started Facebook is not an example of white-male privilege or at the very least had access to opportunity due to his race and economic standing. You should read some more books on the idea of white privilege, it is real. If you would like a list of books or journal articles that discusses these topics further please PM me. Yours Truly, "Ego-centric Common Citizen with No Understanding"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Today, I got a package today of Grateful Dead Holiday cards I did not order. I am still waiting for the USB and the extra set of tickets/backstage passes, with the hope of a miracle ticket.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

there is a bolt on ebay if anyone wants to see what it looks like.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....totally dig this show. BIG time. Solid first set. Ramble On rambles like it should. Scarlet is exquisite. MSN is silky.... ....the second set? Don't get me started. Pretty much flawless. If I type out every highlight, it will be 2016 before I finish. Ergo, I decided to spin it again. See ya in 90 minutes....
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Jeeze this one is good.2nd go 'round now with the new headphones. Fantastic :)
product sku