• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

yes , that`s right , the band was on fire but Jerry was....weak.....it`s quite sad to hear him in this condition though the pure emotion of "Johanna" and " Roads" is tear-moving. Don`t think i will listen to this show in the near future , made me sad.So yes : THE DEAD TRIP ON 51 TIMES AROUND THE ICE-BLUE SUN I`M CIRCLING AROUND
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

the Phil Lesh quote included is also stated on the Fallout From the Phil Zone interview disc. The referenced Billy words sums it up for me, even if its only a few minutes, that is what brings me in also
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

was the ticket for each night (July 3-5) same length and width ? I saw a ticket from 4th of July (Section: Press Pass) that is about a quarter inch shorter in length compared to the sweet final night pass from TheeAmazingAce333. I know the ticket Ace gave me is legit cause it was right before he predicted Unbroken Chain out of space ! Wow good call on that, still cant believe you had that one "Listening for the secret, searching for the sound"
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Good article. I've posted here how much Mickey's return in '76 degraded the quality of their music, so it's nice to see this point of view validated by someone close to the band. I am not a fan of what Mickey's return did to the sound, especially in the context of what it did to Keith's ability to contribute. "ROB KORITZ (Musician): The musical quality declined over time, and I think part of that was having two drummers." One Man - I'm on board about DP 25. I revisit once in awhile, trying to get it to grow on me, most recently last week. Also agree about 1978 in general - I like it a lot, although I do have trouble finding anything satisfying in Road Trips '78. I love about half of Rocking The Cradle; the other half (including the bonus disc) suffers from the same thing that DP 25 and RT '78 suffer from. I'm not jazzed about the 30 Trips release from May '78 either - suffers from the same (I admit I've only listened to it 5 or 6 times before "giving up" on it - I would be happy to hear something great about it that reels me back in, as I would be happy to be wrong about what I thought was only a mediocre Dead show). I think Lemieux hit the nail on the head in his liner notes for DaP 15 (which is now one of my all time favorite DaP releases, and really, one of my favorite post-hiatus shows altogether), when he basically said that something big went kaflooey when they came back from a 2-3 week break after 4/24. I think the Closing of Winterland is a redeemer, much more akin to how well they played up through 4/24.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Yeah, forgot about Rocking the Cradle (Egypt '78). Ouch. Not so good to my ears. I can hear Billy's broken arm all over that thing. I do love the RT From Egypt With Love. It's spotty, with some really good spots.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

Keithfan I'm in agreement with you as well as others that Mickey's return "dumbed down" the band's overall sound. I think Billy K was no longer the powerhouse he was before Mickey's return. I also think Keith's role in the band was diminished by his return. As for 1978 the Dead have always been known to "circle the wagons" when a problem arose. While JG may have been having relationship/personal problems the biggest threat to the band was the big white powered elephant in the room: HEROIN. No ONE, musician or housepainter was ever their most prolific nor productive while using 'junk'. While camping for tickets in March 1977 their was talk as well as concern (even then) that he was using. As anyone who has used even narcotic painkillers will tell you the more you use, the more your tolerance builds, the more you need for the desired effect. A 2-3 week break that March could have provided for one hell of a junk bender that could have affected the band's performances as well as his tolerance/need. I've always felt the back half of 1978 2nd sets always seemed to fall off/apart which I think was JG anticipating hitting the smack pipe. Had the band intervened at that point would it have made a difference? The band always had a "live and let live" attitude so would they have even done anything back then is the million dollar question. There's no way of knowing if he would have even responded to outside interference since JG seemed to be a VERY strong-willed man so it may have made no difference at all. What I do know is the world lost one of it's greatest musicians to that sh*t. The thought that terrifies me is how many more will we lose? I'm signing off on this rant now and wish you all the best.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reference to the forum topic, the elusive 30 Trips thumb drive just might finally show up in my mailbox! Hope it holds up when I plug it into the pc.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I disagree that the bands sound degraded with Mickey's return. It was a necessary transition for what the Dead were aiming for. A refined approach with tighter vocal harmonies and overall more polish. Blues For Allah is a testament for the bands blend of refinement and still experimental side. Help>Slip>Franklin's, Music Never Stopped, Crazy Fingers and Stronger Than Dirt should never be considered "dumbed down". Ultimately, it's all good to me, but like everybody else, I have my favorite eras. I might listen to the rockier '80's and early '90s more than the earlier stuff, but get back to the older stuff when I'm in the mood. It's all subjective to personal taste.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....the eight-limbed monster lifts me up more often than not....it is was it was. The Grateful Dead....welcome to it. ...and yes, Mr. Strang, you are spot on in regards to Jerry's habit I believe.... ...listening to the 11.15.72 OKC Playin right now....excuse me.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I think it was Phil that described the concept of the album art for Anthem as a multi-headed Buddha of the same being. I feel the same way about the different line-ups. Different heads of the same Buddha. You wouldn't have (quite) the thundering crescendo of Terrapin or the driving polyrhythmic beat of Sampson with one drummer, but you don't (quite) get the same turn on a dime jive swing in the Eyes>China doll, DS>MLB, etc. with two drummers. And it wouldn't be the same Grateful Dead without all the incarnations. Great discussion, there's truth in all of it. I love it all and it all appeals to me at different times and places.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

I'm with Spacebrother on Mickey. Kreutzman is a great drummer, but bringing MIckey back, for me, restored the band musically. As far as 1978 is concerned, my recollection from concerts at the Hartford and Providence Civic Center in particular is that the Dead were incredible, with a huge sound. The problem, I believe, is that none of the recordings (at least that I've heard), capture the sound of the band. What we get from these soundboards (and the scattered audience recordings) is a bare shadow of what was going on musically. The same holds true for the Wall of Sound period. I have never heard a recording that did justice to 1973-1974 and 1978-1979. I am barely able to listen to recordings from those periods. The band played around a lot with the sound of the various arenas and outdoor venues. Particularly Garcia, Lesh, Hart. These sports stadiums (Providence, Hartford) and in 73-74 Roosevelt Stadium (out doors), had extraordinarily long reverb and the band used the sound reflected off the back and sides (in the case of the indoor arenas) as a musical element. I remember during one "drums" segment, Hart riffing off the reverb with his giant hanging drum. I clearly remember Garcia effectively doing double solos by playing off the reflected sound in the area. What we are getting with these little stereo recordings in one half of the music, not what the audience heard. I don't have any of the Dave's series, so I have not idea if those recordings are good or not, but I suspect that the only way to recreate the sound (at least to an extent) would be to play back a perfect soundboard at concert volume in the venue where it was recorded. Maybe someone else who attended those shows can comment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I agree with you 100% with Mickey's role for 'Allah'. He's there, he can be heard, and he helped round out their sound even more. But that's precisely what I'm talking about. 'Allah' is my personal favorite GD album, it has it all: concise song writing, incredible even jazz-like playing, the experimental side of the band is still very evident, and Keith is still very prominent in the mix. Unfortunately it's the last time all these attributes converge on one album. 'Allah' in my opinion (and remember it's just my opinion) is the last GREAT GD album. 'Terrapin' needed 1-2 more originals not a disco-fried version of 'Dancin' In The Streets' (save that for the shows) and Keith Olsen's orchestrations and vocal chorales almost sink the title cut (or as JG himself said "it's the GD in a dress). I consider it to be good-very good but great? sorry it's not. No other GD album comes close to the albums they released from 'Workingman's' to 'Allah'. Even 'Wake' though rushed is still a great album (again my opinion). There are other albums that have great songs but no album as a whole can be called great. Even 'In The Dark' which I consider very good needed more material (7 songs does not an album make, that's called an EP). And one of those songs, Brent's 'Tons Of Steel" should have been relegated as a B-side (I still cringe when I hear the lyric "she's more bitch than a machine"). Enough of my pontificating, I wish you all a great day!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I know the USB'ers haven't gotten theirs yet but does anyone care to post their top 5 go-to/favorites of the box? Mine are below: 1967 (they sound like caged animals!) 1970 1977 1981 1985 So far...
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Today's top 5: 1973 1967 1970 1975 1969 Nobody asked, but I will add my bottom 5: 1988 1989 1985 1986 1987 Ouch!
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

well91 for sure 90 yes 69 of course 68 oh yeah 72 helluva subject to change.....
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I was able to pinpoint the exact moment the Dead came unraveled in 1978. It was the moment Bob started using that F#$king whistle to start off Truckin'. Damn thing lasted until '82 before (I think) someone in the band pulled the whistle off his neck, breaking the string and tossing it in the trash.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

I just phoned dead.net - customer service SAID all will ship by Friday December 11th. I'll believe it when I see it but the most hope I've had in a long strange time.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

Ahh the disco whistle, it very well might be or seeing how we are blaming Bob for it, how about when he started learning slide and only practicing while he was on stage for 16 years and never showing any signs of improvement.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Shrine Auditorium 11.10.67 Triple LP Should be mid to late January 2016 release from GDP
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

Thanks for posting the video Dr Shakedown. I saw them last May in New Orleans, it was a great show. I think I prefer it to DSO. More energy.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

a lot of nice recordings on the archive of these guys. Strangely enough they do a nice cover of Springstein's Atlantic City.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

Wow, you really did not like 'mid to late 89's . That is funny. Even over 91 - 95. Well, I happened to be listening to 89 today. It's the only mid to late 80's show i have heard. I thought the playing was good (except bobby's screaming not singing). What I didn't like was the song selection. First set especially. Other than stagger, dark star and some others .... Just not my fav tunes on this disk. Don't think I'll go back much. I generally like 89 (buffalo and Cwi) and assume jerry had cleaned up for most of 89 leading into the monster yr 19990.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

Wow, you really did not like 'mid to late 89's . That is funny. Even over 91 - 95. Well, I happened to be listening to 89 today. It's the only mid to late 80's show i have heard. I thought the playing was good (except bobby's screaming not singing). What I didn't like was the song selection. First set especially. Other than stagger, dark star and some others .... Just not my fav tunes on this disk. Don't think I'll go back much. I generally like 89 (buffalo and Cwi) and assume jerry had cleaned up for most of 89 leading into the monster yr 19990.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Does anyone else have discoloration on the backs of some of the discs. More than some. Many. Like someone spilled a syrup or something on the back of the disc as it was being pressed? Or is it just me?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Maybe it is just my taste, but I found '89 to be a better year than '90 overall. Not in the 30 Trips (as I haven't listened to those shows yet), but as someone who saw a fair amount of shows in those years (14 in '89 and 15 in '90). Certainly Spring '90 was a monster, but some of the summer shows, while good, weren't that great, as Brent wasn't himself. Good, but not great, and then it took a while for the boys to find themselves with Vince on the keys in the fall. Meanwhile, '89 fall was nearly as good as Spring '90. The Warlocks shows, Nightfall of Diamonds. The fall Spectrum shows were incredible that year. Dark Star, Attics, Death Don't, Help >Slip all making returns in the fall. Summer '89 was also excellent (7/17/89 in particular with Bid You Goodnight coming back and, I believe the last GDTRFB>NFA. CWi and Buffalo are also excellent. Spring tour is also excellent. A more consistent year, less Midi (not a huge fan of that). And you'd still get some shows with all rock and roll after space, which was almost a thing of the past once '90 rolled around. Just my $0.02.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

19671970 1976 1983 1991 In no order....btw, I don't want anything for Christmas Santa. I already got what I want.... ....dates burned in my brain now includes 10.13.15. The day this box of spoils arrived in my hands....all the worries of delays are now a distant memory, am I right? Now, go get 'em boltheads. Godspeed....
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

from Dylan & The Dead is great.I don't care what anybody says. :)
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I always looked at the disco whistle as the official announcement for the slide guitar screeches that were to follow. I will have to go back and check.. but I think they both started about the same time (within a week or two of each other).. So which came first, the chicken (whistle) or the (amateur slide guitar) egg. Its safe to say neither of us is wrong. I think it was Phil that ripped the whistle off Bobs neck.. but I could be mistaken. In any case.. both started about the time the playing is perceived to have become 'uneven' in May of '78. __________________ Edit: It looks like the whistle returned on 1/31/78 and stayed through April 11, 82. I am placing the start of slide guitar hour somewhere around the first werewolves of London, so 4/19/78 give or take?? I am not hearing the truckin' whistle in E72.. but I could be wrong, I checked out the beginning of a few and didn't hear it. So the whistle slightly pre-dates the slide.
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

...it is syrup; Maple, in fact! Known colloquially among company insiders as "Jerrycakes", your seemingly soiled CDs represent the up-to-now uncirculated yield of Rhino's covert Lick-O-Disc program conducted at the fabled Area 710 deep in The Haight. According to Unkle Pinkus, per Order #30-T, the objective was to "make the medium taste as sweet as the music sounds". Sadly, the endeavor failed when Aunt Jemima withdrew from negotiations over licensing the ingredient list. Anyway, let us know how breakfast with the Dead really tastes!/p,K P.S.: To all you late season gophers (intone Carl Spackler): last evening I shattered a clubhouse window and if you understood the immediate and acute nature of trajectorial deviation required to do so, I promise you'd be impressed; so, please check out the GOFUNDmyslice page! (incidentally, my first thought was, 'that'll cost a couple single disc GD releases or even a small box set (yikes)!'...kinda like the way I think "Cornell" when the bank temp/clock reads 77 or, as this morning when leaving the pool for work, "Red Rocks 78" at 7:07...oh that ubiquitous Dead numerology...) P.P.S.: B2B, clever boy bridging disparate posts with your inimitable humour...this place is now officially in danger of resembling the old Eleven thread! WOOT!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Europe 72 shows have Bring on more 1981, one of the best years pound for pound. Each month has a show that should be released. The cover art for 11.10.67 vinyl looks really cool, Alligator and Mushrooms :) send out some cool promo gear with this one Rhino's.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

was a solid homerun in my book, could've been longer (always can be that), but still nice. Always liked "gotta serve somebody" off that album.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

For the box set "Caboose / Alligator / Caution' are listed for the 11th (the rest of the show is from the 10th). Funny thing is 'Alligator / Caution' from the 10th were part of the 2011 30 Days of Dead. Do you know if the vinyl show is the complete show from the 10th?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

3 of your choices happen to be mine as well (hell if we lived closer we'd be drinking buddies!). 'That's It For The Other One' from '67 is transcendental. JG hits EVERY note exactly where it should be, and I can't think of another song by them that's so "in your face". Let's face it, they were young, brash, snotty and had something to prove. If I had never heard the band before that song alone would have converted me.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Dylan and The Dead
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

"Grateful Dead's 30 Trips Around The Sun release. It includes ten tracks from their show at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on November 10, 1967" I am not sure if they are using or have used any material from the 11th of November, 1967. All indications on the 30 trips box set and this upcoming vinyl are tracks that were recorded on November 10th, 1967. I am sure setlist for both nights would look very similar, so there may have been a mix up at some point.
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

I have a hard time with the unmelodic cacophony of certain sections. Anyone have a review of fav versions from E72?
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

major retailers should carry, B&N plus others The Other One from E72, a couple I like are 4.11.72 - :) 4.16.72 -insane jam that follows Truckin' 4.26.72 - Hundred Year Hall show,, Other One -> Comes A Time, so sweet 5.3.72 - :) and 5.26.72 - intro to Morning Dew !!
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Bullmoose has the 3LP Shrine vinyl for 66.97 with free shipping. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21506268/grateful-dead-shrine-auditorium-los… And jerrygarcia.com is offering the bonus disc Garcia Plays Dylan Again for free if ordered with the 2-disc Garcia Plays Dylan!!!!!!! http://jerrygarcia.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=640_62123_62124&…
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

I was looking for a starting point to ease into it, and you gave me just what I need, thank you.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

If E72 is your reference point 5/3/72 is the highlight of the tour for me, they start up and never let up for a second - 4 songs from the original E72 were drawn from this show - hope this helps.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I like the Other One from 5/10 a lot too.. Jazzy and exploratory without getting too dissonant. 5/10 and 5/11 make a nice companion listen.. they're like siblings or kissing cousins to me.
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

Jim thanks, "not too dissonant" is exactly what I need. It's funny, I enjoy the Dark Stars that get discordant, but I lose attention on TOOs. Dave thanks as well, I appreciate the suggestion. I do love the Jack Straw from 5/3; Jerry's little notes he plays right up to the opening verse is my favorite on this performance (he plays it differently every time). I also like Greatest Story from this show, and the waaaoooooo! on Me and My Uncle :)
user picture

Member for

10 years

Hold on to yer balls boys. Bonus Jerry CD's for the HolidaysKate might still break another Window. There are Two Jerry bonus cd's included with the regular cd order of course... Swing easy, keep your head down, follow thru. Chasing Daylight Again
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

Wow, i've been spinning this '74 Dijon the past few nights. Great sound, this one recorded by Kid Candelario, great remastering too. I picked up on the Caution Jam title when i pulled the show so I started with the 3rd CD and worked backward, the Caution Jam has so many elements going on. Jazzy. Then to disc 2 last night i just remember the Playin' is great cause i fell asleep to the other tunes, although that's a nice listening situation. Tonight is disc 1 with the sweet UJB on through the whole first set, all have been superb. The separation between players in the mix is great. grinning, happy to be home from work and listening to the Dead circa 1974!
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

The discussions on the three threads I visit (30 Trips, Dave's Subscription, and Dave's 16) have all been great lately. Exactly the kind of stuff I come here to read. Nice.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I know this is rather late in the evening but it sounds to me like you have the perfect scenario lined up. Hope you sleep well to that 1st set!
product sku