• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

You are an ebay gouger if you put something on sale (initially) for twice what you paid for it (or more). Particularly in situations where it has nowhere near that value or you are just turning it for a profit. Some of my favorites are View From the Vault II for $250 and the Dave's Picks for $75 the day after they sell out. Same thing as ticket scalping. Same guideposts. I don't mind turning a bit of a profit, but that site is rampant with gougers. And again, I'm talking about the price being SET. Now, where it goes, that can't be on the seller, that's on the buyer. But I will say, there are certainly other sites where you can go where the seller sets the price (no bidding), and I'd encourage those. I've had far less bad experiences on them in terms of the product not matching the description than with e-bay. Too many people on there have no real interest in the music, just turning the product over for a profit. Not all, certainly. But too many.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....OK, it's not '77, but 10.10.76 serves up a stellar second set version. Man, how I love those Day on the Green shows. Just exactly perfect....if I had a time machine, that weekend would be logged in.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

1970 1969 1975 1967 1968 1973 1972 1974 1977 1982 let's see 1,2 5 looks about right
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

#2-Black Napkins#3-The Torture Never Stops Get some weirdness folks,it's good for ya... :) Oh yeah....Over-Nite Sensation #1-Camarillo Brillo
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

It's not a second series of downloads, I didn't have download series Volume 1 (4/30/77 - Palladium, New York, NY). Don't know why I didn't, but I will once they resolve the downloading issue.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Recently went thru all my Zappa, reorganized and filled in. Found the library had quite a bit available. Can't mention Overnite Sensation without bringing up "I am the slime", I always thought Rage Against the Machine updated this tune with "Bullet in the Head". "Just victims of the in house drive-by...." Can one live without "Cosmik Debris"? Or "Billy was a Mountain"? Funny Frank song story,,,, I come from Jersey where Diners are king. Diners generally speaking always have "jukeboxes" on the tables. Me and the wife always ate breakfast at the "River Road Diner" in Piscataway (no longer there), but in the jukebox they had a copy of "Dinah-Moe Humm". Which I could never believe A) they allowed in the box and B) There was a single of this song! For those not up on their Frank, it's about Frank hooking up with two sister and one of them betting he couldn't make her cum. "I poked and stroked until my wrist went numb and I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm. Usual Frank PC. I have a life long friend whose cousin played with frank, he is the "Warren" from Joe's Garage. For your viewing pleasure, here is a list of the Frank I have. ABSOLUTELY FREE APOSTROPHE (') BONGO FURY CRUISING WITH RUBEN & THE JETS DOES HUMOR BELONG IN MUSIC FREAK OUT GUITAR HAVE I OFFENDED SOMEONE HOT RATS JAZZ FROM HELL JOE'S GARAGE (PART 1) JOE'S GARAGE - ACTS I, II & III JUST ANOTHER BAND FROM LA ONE SIZE FITS ALL OVER-NITE SENSATION SHEIK YERBOUTI SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR SON OF CHEAP THRILL STRICTLY COMMERCIAL THE BEST BAND YOU NEVER HEARD IN YOUR LIFE THE GRAND WAZOO UNSORTED WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY - LUMPY GRAVY WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH YOU ARE WHAT YOU IS ZOOT ALLURES LIVE SHOWS ========== 1978-10-31 PALLADIUM, NYC BOSTON 1968 FILLMORE - SUMMER 71 HARTFORD - 2-16-88 ODD & END SHOW SIDNEY 1973 SNL - 1976 WINTERLAND - 12-27-75 ================================== YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE - VOLUME 1 YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE - VOLUME 4 YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE - VOLUME 6
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

Ahhh…I got it now. That's a good one…not to be missed. If you're interested in more Spring '77 I actually found good 'aud' recordings for 4/23/77 Springfield, MA and the much coveted 5/8/77 Barton Hall on Archive.org. I've listened to both a few times as my "Daily Dose of Dead" which, as stated is a daily occurrence that happens around 5:00 PM. There's audience noise etc. but the music is what counts. Here's to the resolution of your download issue and thanks again for telling me about the 'Free Music' option on Amazon.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

Many of those titles are personal favorites as well. I'd have to add 'Chunga's Revenge' to the list. I also have a soft spot for 'Weasels…' since a portion was recorded at the old Phila. Arena at 43rd & Market Sts. in Philly. This is the same building that birthed and broadcast 'American Bandstand' weekly (I believe the show had moved to L.A. by the time of Mr. Zappa's appearance) and also features a very young Lowell George. Zappa…'American Bandstand'…irony anyone?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Didn't see "Sleep Dirt" on your list...a favorite FZ of mine, and, I believe, FZ's first all-instrumental record (in the '79 vinyl version). Just remember..."The Ocean is the Ultimate Solution".
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

My favorite live Zappa release is YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE - VOLUME 2 - The Helsinki Show. If you have not heard it before, check it out! It's the complete show, so it's not a compilation like the rest of that series, but the show rips from the very beginning and the band it tight. I have the first six releases (was there anymore?). I would say that release is towards the top of my top ten "played" live CDs of all time. Probably if I were to put together my top ten live albums "played" (in no particular order): Frank Zappa -YCDTOSA Vol 2 Grateful Dead - Reckoning Grateful Dead - Dead Set Grateful Dead - Live Dead Grateful Dead - Without a Net Yes - Yessongs Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus Bob Marley - Babylon By Bus Peter Gabriel - Plays Live Genesis - Seconds Out This is based on probably a biased recollection and really tough limiting it to a top ten... For live albums before college, I played Kiss Alive and Kiss Alive II a lot in Jr High, The Doors' Alive She Cried and Neil Young's Live Rust in High School... It's not a "favorite" or "best" live album list, since I now have 100+ live dead releases and my music library expanded exponentially as I had more disposable income as an adult. The few live albums and tapes I had in Jr High, High School and College were well played. I did not get a CD player until my last semester in college (Christmas present). Sorry for the tangent / diversion - this started as a recommendation for the FZ Vol2 Helsinki show - check it out...
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I remember once hearing a Brown-Eye in the early 80's, I thought the Meadowlands, certainly East Coast. Where they didn't come out of the "Jam" where they usually do, but when they did it was an incredible long rolling of drums and bass into a crashing "tumble down shack in bigfoot county". I checked every show I was at and can not find it, I thought maybe it was me and the shape I was in. But I called my buddy and he remembers as well. Says whenever he hears a Brown-Eye he looks for that huge drum roll and never gets it. Sound familiar to anyone else?
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Will look to snag a copy of Vol 2. I believe there are only 6 and as you can see I have half. On your live album selection.... The dead stuff all great picks, I recommend "Dead Set" and "Without a Net" to non-heads to start them off. Waiting for Columbus, for years I thought greatest live recording ever done, period. Hard to beat Spanish Moon. Peter Gabreil Plays Live - Wow. Saw that show when he played the Garden State Art Center (small amphitheater in Jersey), was maybe 15 rows back, me and my wife were hot and heavy on the album, so it was more than great. Guy can put on a show. The song "I have the Touch", when it gets to the end... Try drink, food, cigarette, tension will not ease I tap my fingers, fold my arms, breathe in deep, cross my legs Shrug my shoulders, stretch my back - but nothing seems to please - I need contact The tension and resolution in that song is incredible, one of those musical moments when all elements come together. Also one of the few artist/shows I ever saw that the sound system was up to Dead quality! The Marley and Genesis albums, I have both, but sad to say not intimately familiar with them, will have to give serious listens. Yes.... for me anyway, Yes did not age well, it can sound too pretenious, like Emerson, Lake and Palmer,,,even Renaissance (less known than the first two). They were BIG in their day, who didn't have Roundabout in 8 track! You had to have it! But doesn't do me anymore. Taste is like that.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

How about if I bought 6 extra box sets of 30 Trips Around the Sun in September (after it had not sold out for 3 months on dead.net); and then sold off my extra shows for $30 - $60 each, a deed for which most buyers thanked me for making it possible to get the shows individually, where they otherwise would have had to have paid $750 for a bunch of shows they didn't want, just to get the few that they did want. Does that make me an Ebay gouger?
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

Yes, that does make you an ebay gouger.What if one of those boxes contained a "Miracle Ticket" scroll, that when cashed in, would get you a special RIAA gold disc? Would you cash in that scroll and get the disc and then sell that as well? I do not completely understand Rhino's marketing strategy with a product like this boxset. PLEASE read the www.dead.net Terms Of Service AND the Terms Of Use.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I'm probably in the minority, I may be scorned, I may find a dancing bear burning on my lawn, but, you can't gouge a non essential item. NO ONE is forcing anyone to buy anything. Like sports tickets, concert tickets if the price is to high DON'T buy. Some things suck, like if scalpers buy up all the tickets to a show and triples the price. Sucks, but you don't have to go. Scalpers and gougers only scalpe and gouge because the market will bear it. The sports ones I don't understand at all since it's on tv for free, but the "list" price for sporting events apparently have gotten beyond an average mans means. I don't go to sporting events, but I guess you could take your family for a fair price 20-30 years ago. I heard scalpers got scalped at Santa Clara, where they couldn't give them away. But for things like 30 trips,,, hunt around and someone will give you a copy of it. Do you want the music or the "collectible box", if it's the box, pony up, if it's the music someone, somewhere will hook you up. I've looked at some of the Pure Jerry stuff online and if you want the bonus disc, you need that "doh-ray-me" as Woody Guthie said. I looked at the pure jerry "78 bay area", some guy wanted 400 bucks, fuck you. In the end someone came thru for me. Thank you someone! But in the end, no company is going to keep copies of things forever so you can buy stuff, Europe 72 box will not be available from the dead 20 years from now and if you want you will have to pay like Cyrano, thru the nose! Oh, and please don't burn a dancing bear on my lawn or at least wait until after Christmas :-)
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I don't read the terms of service for anything, cut to the chase, what point do they make in their statement? Briefly please. Oh, and in print size legiable to humans with old eyes :-)
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

...I stuck spoons into MM's sockets, scraped out his eyes, and sold them on the black market with full disclosure that recipient may experience vision distorted by spots of sarcasm, antagonistic floaters, and Fuch's Corneal Smartassery? Would that make me a gouger or just a bad person? P.S.: As president of the Morgul Vale Glee Club and an unmitigated fan of MM himself, I'm vested with irreproachable license to say these things. P.P.S.: Incidentally, everyone is fully dressed behind their keyboards when sitting at the dead.net table, right? I'm pretty sure that's a basic TOC tenet, but I'm getting a bad feeling about some of y'all...is it really JUST Monday?/p,K Wait...what thread is this?
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

oh come on! Not only am I hearing it's a crime to resell CDs, but now I have to put my pants on too?!?
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Its casual Monday... Will check back in tomorrow.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 3 months

Jeez, how much great stuff can you put into just one post! And, is casual Monday a euphemism for bare-assed Monday? (isn't Monday derived from Moon Day after all?)
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

I'll take the "gouger" label back.You are a crafty CAPITALIST. I know and understand capitalism very well. It was Warner Music Group's loss. It was Rhino's loss. And I still don't understand Rhino's marketing strategy. Was this actual or hypothetical, the buying of six boxes? or did you buy just 1 and sold the individual components?
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

no 1976 in that list? I think the Ramble on Rose from that Cobo show is hot!!!
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Nothing wrong with being a middleman out to make some money. I agree, Rhino is to blame for this with their "limited issue" and "bonus discs" business model. It's to be expected. I'd much rather purchase music for download without the bells and whistles and Rubik's cubes. Of course...I'm speaking as one who spent way too much cash on Ebay this weekend. There's a lot of product there. It's not my style, but why wouldn't someone burn their copy and then repackage for resale? I suppose Rhino wants guaranteed cash up front and doesn't care how many times shows are resold for profit. It is what it is. Don't like it, but it's the only game in town (for Daves Picks/30 Trips shows). If you don't want to play, there's lots of other Dead music out there available much more cheaply. But we all want the latest and greatest...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Sorry for the misleading subject, there is no update. It's now Monday evening, the USBs were going to be shipped last Friday. Do we really think we will see it this week? Before Christmas? Before 2016? Will we still give a shit when we get it? BZ
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....and I'm not, but if I was, that Scarlet -> Fire from Worcester '83 would send me through the roof. Just sayin'
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Just got a UPS overnight delivery notice for tomorrow that contains my USB order number - could this finally be the USB??????
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

you are right and wrong too - it`sd that moment Dennis W. talks about as the definite version. What i meant is : there`s a certain magic in some versions that we all ( or at least those of us who are addicted enough ) the same about : and so what is this magic ? Is it the power or the intensitiy alone or a " vibe " and if yes what is that vibe - Jerry hitting more or fewer notes than usually , Bobby singing with more pitch than usually , Phil going deeper into the roots of his bass ? Or just an illusion ? So what the heck where does this absolute easy flowing version of BEW come from...
user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

I finally got around to listening to DaP 16 last night, and all I can say is... "Wow!!!" First of all... the sound quality is amazing. It's a fantastic show, but the Dark Star is top-shelf. I was in line grabbing some fast food last night, and the speakers in my car were vibrating the whole damn car and it was wonderful. I think it's Live/Dead good. It amazes me that I can still be amazed by this band on a consistent basis. In fact, the whole 3rd disc is on fire. Almost every song is a good rendition, save for maybe Wave That Flag which was clearly very much a work in progress. I'm glad they changed the lyrics and gave us U.S. Blues. But overall, my opinion is that show alone was worth the entire price of the 2015 DaP Subscription.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Over the weekend, I had a couple visitors. Special visitors they were, my niece (Anna) and nephew (Jack) AKA "Deadheads in Training" I was wearing the Spring 90 Tiger t-shirt when they arrived. Jack almost 2 years old, let out a big growl when he saw the graphic and motioned me to come his way. I wasn't sure what all his fuss was about, only to discover Shere Khan from Disney's "The Jungle Book" is his favorite. I had no idea his fanaticism for tigers and for sure he thought it was Shere Khan on the shirt. The response I got from the older and wiser "Deadhead in Training" (Anna almost 5 years old) is "cool jammies" !!! Lol They have a lot to learn
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

"and the speakers in my car were vibrating the whole damn car and it was wonderful" A couple months ago I passed by a few pedestrians while driving. I was listening very loud to the Dark Star sequence from 10.25.73. I noticed the pedestrians were also vibrating profusely, must have sent a shock wave of skull splitters to them when I was approaching. I hope they are ok ?
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

You said: "It was Warner Music Group's loss. It was Rhino's loss. And I still don't understand Rhino's marketing strategy." They sold 6500 units at $700 a piece for over 4.5 million in three months. What would you have done differently to make more money in the same time frame?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 6 months

I am not a big fan of Ebay pricing, but I understand the motivation, especially when something is rare or out-of-print. I would dearly love to get a copy of Road Trips, vol. 3, no. 3, as it was my first Dead show. However, the current pricing on Ebay and Amazon makes it out of reach for me.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

But Road Trips 3 #3 is a available as a download here, and it is even less expensive than the original CD version. Burn to CD and you have the same HDCD recording as if buying the physical product, or play back through an HDCD capable DAC, or just play it back without decoding, probably makes little difference. If you do, I suggest the FLAC version, then convert to whatever format you prefer. In my experience, better file integrity (from this website). No reason to pay an eBay seller mark up when the same music is available here.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

1 - You have to have your music cranked in order to hear all of the subtleties & nuances2 - If it is too loud, you are too old 3 - All of my equipment has only two volume settings: loud & louder Rock on
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm in the UK. Got my email from Dead Shop telling me the USB's would be shipping. Received a text from DHL, which I thought was a scam ! Received another one on Sunday, asking me to pay Customs Duty/VAT of £102 ($150), which, after speaking to DHL CS, I duly paid. Even got a tracking number, however, when I try to track it, there is nothing happening apart from raising the shipping notice. It's not yet been received by DHL !My hopes of getting this before Xmas are fading fast. I've ran out of words to describe how much of a debacle this has been, so I won't even try. Edit: For info, my shipping info originates from Van Nuys, CA .... Wonder if that's where it's shipping from ?
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

That's a cool first Dead show.
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Anyone notice how fast they play Mexicali Blues on the '74 show from 30 trips? It's at a breakneck speed that they really couldn't keep up with.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I'll say its a cool first Dead show, its a heck of a Road Trips too, one of my personal favorites. The acoustic stuff, to my ears, is some of the best sounding '70 acoustic stuff they have released.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

ever listened to Greyfolded , i mean the whole DS " suite " through - i sometimes do when driving and i laugh that floating streams of notes , yes pedestrians stop and look confused, hehe
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

1 - no2 - maybe 3 - why ?
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

reminds me of my family , the baby grandsoon in his first SFtpddler , the 8 year old in her black 50 shirt - makes me proud....
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

My tracking now says 'Shipment picked up in Harrisburg, PA' Finally some action.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Couldn't agree more on the loudness factor. In fact, if you're between 40 and 50 yrs old and have not experienced hearing loss, you might not be a rock fan....
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

If you're in the NorthWest US, make sure to check out Nick Lowe's Quality Holiday Revue!Caught him at the Great American Music Hall in SF, this was best show I've seen all year.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I said BULL SHIT! (that man must be from Amer-i-ca)....hey well it's we wanna get high between songs, isn't that alright? Thank ya! Or was it hey Elvis?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 3 months

After this long wait, i was hoping with the "pain" that we supposedly felt, according to them they felt too…….and they ship UPS Ground from the East coast, really. What a Kick in the Face. PA to CA five business days after it being over three months late. Yeah they feel our pain. Glad its finally shipping but the method at this point is disrespectful. Any normal company would overnight it with a big apology. Sad.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 5 months

Agreed. I received my notice that they are packaging my USB finally, and will ship UPS Ground. Last month Dave's Picks took 8 days from notice to arrival that way. Which was fine, since that was what I paid for when I subscribed - and did so again for 2016 and the wait for each will be fine. Assuming they aren't already 3 months late!!!!!!!!! Oh, and the "Holiday Cheer" I have been advised to keep an eye out for the last several weeks - nothing. Don't tell me to keep an eye out for a nice gesture to try to make amends unless you actually plan to follow through. In some kind of timely fashion. Next week sometime, hopefully I will receive the USB and start enjoying the 30 Trips. The music rules (the process has been unfortunately a disgrace). Still looking forward with anticipation to some really good listening.
product sku