• 1,805 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    "When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • RyXs

Phil went phunkytown in Philly!
    I only wanna hear this one on my big speaker with the wonder woofer!

• Oroborous

I thought I heard it was Bob with New Balance, flared Levi’s, and a Polo shirt with the collar turned up, circa 1983?

• JimInMD

I don't want to miss this once in a lifetime offering.

They would be wise to follow-up with a mini holiday box of all the Little Stars ever played. The Bob Star Christmas Box with a Bob Star holiday ornament for the top of the tree. A good follow-up to the garden gnome theme. The ornament would be a high quality painted porcelain miniature replica of the 80's bobby from the short shorts up. A must have for the holidays.

• icecrmcnkd

Early subscribers also get a copy of Brent’s studio album which was recorded by recording over the Fall 1980 reels.

Remember when early subscribers to the GD Movie DVD release got a piece of film from one of the film reels that went to theaters?

Early subscribers to the 2022 Brent studio outtakes Box will get a piece of the tape from the Fall 1980 reels that were forever ruined……

• JimInMD

It must be true, I heard about it from the internet.

• Oroborous

Don’t forget the bonus disc with:
    Gentleman Start your engines (@6/26/88)
    and Never Trust a Woman, along with 45 studio outtakes of Take You Home ; )

Speaking of bonus material, look forward to it with mixed feelings; certainly glad to have it, but guessing that means Rochester isn’t ever seeing the light of day : ( not that I expected it...

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

...you're a cruel cruel man and may the plagues of Moses befall your kingdom in Western MD.

• JimInMD

I heard from a reliable source next years box set will be a 22 disc compilation of every Maybe You Know performed.. including all the studio outtakes.

Looking very much forward to this.

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

Damn, I was hoping they'd just pack all available versions of Maybe You Know as filler. That tune is gold, Jerry! Gold!

• nappyrags

I always rip my discs to my HD for playing on my portable Sony HI Res Player...I re-tag the tracks so the show flows as one and then the filler follows...mas cool that way...for me that is :)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

"When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

I'm pretty laid back on new box set releases. Tend not to speculate too much as at least for me just a shot in the dark.
That said the past couple of days I have been getting this deep down feeling they are going to announce very soon. What ,I have no idea and as I said speculating for me is a pure guess.
I would like a humungous box as it's been a while for one. I understand lots of people want small ones, I get it but 30 shows would work for me.
Of course that could be the Greek but as has been said they're not for the most part in releasable shape or even any shape at all. Maybe a clean out the vault of all Europe shows. Personally I could go for an 80's and 90's what's quality how much there is in good shape.
The complaints about each Dave's I would guess gives them pause. Me I compare it to what we used to get trading rather than expecting a full blown professionally recorded with release in mind.
I get the ltd editions music from both a business decision and as a dedicated collector. But gardening stuff lol naw
Anyone looking forward to the new FZ release? Needless to say I am
And my new dentist ( after 40 years the old one called it quits) asked me what tv channel I wanted on. I said the off channel. So they said do you like music?!?!.:@? F yeah can you put some Paul Butterfield on. Uh let me see. 2 hours in the chair ( I'm fixing everything) listening to Butter. And he looks to be 35. Guess I good for life.
Thank God they fixed the site

user picture

Member for

7 years

I am also getting lots of dental work this month. Chicks dig nice teeth.

Fleury let in a really soft goal to end the first period, but he is saving their asses in the second. This could easily be 3 or 4 to zip.

The Avs are tough. And the Bruins suck.

Edit: 5 minutes later. Wow.

Edit: 15 minutes later. Some of the best hockey I’ve seen in quite some time. Total skill. Hard play. No nonsense. And that Alex Tuch goal was sick.

Congrats Vguy.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Snafu, I am RIGHT there with you when you proclaim "I would like a humungous box as it's been a while for one". But 30 shows? Really? They've done 30 shows - I say make it 30 + Bonus Disc :D Everyone knows my dream - unleash the Dark Stars. 30 shows with all Dark Stars...ahh, that's as nice to think about as 2 hours in the dentist chair with the nitrous going. Wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-Daaaaaark-Staaaaaar-Craaaaashes-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah.

Dreading - heh, no not quite, but sort of close. You mean Dave's Picks 7 incidentally (I was 6 when that show came out, 8/24/78). The files I sent were titled as such because I can't remember arbitrary Dave's Picks volume numbers (or Dick's Picks for that matter). So I make up album names for each release. DaP 7 was a show in the town "Normal" Illinois, so "Back to Normal" seemed appropriate, as I was referencing coming "home" from a trip :D

I found a nice article on the evolution of Bird Song:

http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2017/03/bird-song-guest-post.html

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I'm looking forward to the new Frank Zappa,,,, NOW. After you forced me to spend 100 bucks ( I got the vinyl and cd)

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered from Amazon,,, the FZ site showed the vinyl in purple,,,, saw no way to order it in purple?

Carlo - Chicks dig nice teeth,,,, but guys like no teeth.

followup - wormed thru the zappa site and found the purple vinyl. Big diff in price from black on amazon. Amazon 70 bucks free shipping,,, not limited. Frank site 100 bucks, plus 30 shipping,,,, limited. Don't know limited number . But I'm take the limited to not play on a turntable I don't have :-)

La Monte Young and The Forever Blues Band

Just Stompin: Live At The Kitchen

2 CD set. One song (one long uninterrupted jam). 120 minutes +.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by mhammond12

....I don't know what to do with my hands.
Go Knights Go!!
Need a Tuch sweater stat!
And the joint was jumping.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by Vguy72

VGuy - This Knights team of yours!?!? Holy cow.

AJS/Oro - Now you have unleashed the Habs…on the world!

Could be a Knights vs Habs Semi-Final. (And Boston still sucks, so TB vs Isles)

My Matthews Leaf jersey will join the Workingman’s tee as a car wash buffer

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by That Mike

....riding that train.
Edit. Just read Dennis's no teeth joke.
Lol.
Edit x 2. This GD/VGK tee is solid. I've noticed that shirts from Vietnam are better. Wonder what Laos has to offer.. But that's just me.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

In reply to by Dennis

Lp & cd only way to go
I am a bit proud of my Zappa vinyl- I have all but 2 of the verve & verve era vinyl from US, UK, Germany, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand. 11 different WOIIFTM from US alone

KeithFan, that Bird Song redux/history lesson is something to behold. Whoever writes those is a master listener with utmost patience. The writing is subtle but on-point, and in several descriptors of versions I am familiar with, it seems they are spot-on-point. I had always wondered why they dropped Bird Song after '71 and never touched it during E'72...it seems it's infancy hadn't been broached yet and the rework on the structure perhaps didn't gel or come to thought until they came back stateside. The evolution of the song is remarkable when you read it and also listen; the Good Ole GD have a fantastic way about their morphing abilities to alter a song's structure or tempo over time that is unparalleled.

Shifting gears...the immediate territory ahead, namely 6/9 - 6/15 encompass some of my all-time favorite shows from a favorite year, 1976; of course the June 76 Box from last year was pure elation and delight, it had all of the shows I had always loved in pristine primetime clarity. These shows still get a solid rotation on my end, most notably 6/11/76 - an all-time favorite second set.

BTW that Bird Song essay got me to go listen to 10/12/89 - I had watched this show on YouTube about 2 weeks ago, and I definitively remember being blown away by this one, I was a fairly under the influence by the time it came on but it still stuck with me that something special and truly weird took place. I'm now opening my ears in this visitation to find It again. Oh yeah and the weirdness of the top of the 2nd set is fairly interesting too, in terms of song placement (which is one of the reasons I've developed a soft spot for '89 shows)

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-10-12.sbd.walker-scotton.miller.8329…

Be Well People!
Sixtus

P.S. I'm not a hockey guy but congrats VGuy for your team, the excitement and enthusiasm garnered by All is quite palpable, which is cool to see

user picture

Member for

3 years 8 months

on treadmill last evening at health club
the bank of TVs has GKvswhomever
whomever scores a goal
I think "Vguy must be annoyed"
I wake up to find out the Knights won
"Vguy must be happy"
and he is

go Kniggits!

user picture

Member for

3 years 8 months

In reply to by proudfoot

you look like a decent enough guy (although that is probably not you)

but please

gtfooh

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I would be extremely surprised if anything about this year's box set gets announced before the release of the S&R expanded edition on 06/25. Such an announcement would potentially reduce sales of the S&R reissue. I guess we will have to wait at least until next month.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by proudfoot

When Seattle’s franchise drops the puck next season, you will go see a game or two with friends, and you’ll be hooked on Kraken. Actually, Seattle had a team about 100 years ago called the Metropolitans, that competed for the Stanley Cup, so this is kind of a comeback. It is a great sport to watch, great to play, and not just for Canucks anymore. By far, one of the best players I’ve seen in the last twenty years is a kid here in Toronto (Auston Matthews) who grew up in Arizona, which is hardly Hockey Central. It’s an international game now, and it’s a blast to go to the games, because the crowds can be really passionate (see T-Mobile in Las Vegas). I’ve seen games in Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, Buffalo (great fans), LA, and too many to count in Toronto, never disappointed. Not shilling for the NHL, but go to a game, you’ll have a great night out.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I'm always amazed at the depth and width of knowledge from this group. Jokingly ask about a 75 minute song and a million answers spring forth.

Question - I'm looking for a piece of software that will allow you to record audio tracks off youtube. I used to have a piece called OPDD (output direct to disk). This recorded ANYTHING that you heard coming out of your speakers. I used to record internet radio stations this way. Something change and that stopped working with new sound card. Then I had a piece that recorded the audio from utube,,, youtube seems to have shut that down.

Anybody out there got something? I like free, there are things for sale (kiss off), you search for software, they say free, they say yeah I can do that, then you download and yeah, free gets you 3 minutes of recording time. Unlimited cost money!!! So I'm too cheap. (this should be apparent, I buy vinyl but I'm too cheap to spring for a turntable :-) )

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years

I think that the contents of the next box set will be the focus of the next half of this season of the Deadcast, and that the announcement will come some time in the next three weeks.

The next episode in the bi-weekly schedule comes out tomorrow, and my guess is they will do a bonus episode on Europe '72 in order to hype up the RSD release. Then in two weeks they'll need something else to talk about, and given the sly but not-so-subtle product focus the show tends to take, it wouldn't surprise me if they pick up the season to discuss a recently announced box set.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Maybe Dave caught covid and couldn’t record a seaside chat for the Box announcement, so the release is delayed until Dave recovers.

Giants Stadium...wasn't that announced in July '19? or was that in 2018...

Then June 76 was Feb 20?

box will obviously be in summer...or fall...

I have enough GD to last me the rest of my days. I just want more.

Is that so wrong?

My current CD is skipping (7/21/72)

under the under the under the under the

lol

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

I've tried that one before,,,, I will try again,,,, thanks

further note - I redownloaded that software. I always seem to have a problem with my soundcard stuff. My bose speakers use usb and I believe shutdown the other sound output options,,, short word,,,, audcity not up and running yet,,,,, still working on it. May have to uninstall my bose and try again. will post further word when available,,,, thanks again

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Long Song-Mike Oldfield "Incantations", all 4 sides of a double album. Contains some real nice American Indian-like rhythms and chants(among LOTS of other things).

Sixtus-maybe you're not a hockey fan, but nice restraint from you regarding all of the anti-Boston Bruins stuff being posted. Personally, I'm a hockey fan, and from Medford Mass, but the name calling stuff just doesn't bother me in the least. (And Bobby Orr WAS GREAT!! Thanks Doc)

If anyone is looking for a fantastic lysergic-style listening experience, I highly recommend "The Third Mind" cd, with Dave Alvin and friends. Covers of Alice Coltrane, Fred Neil, Bonnie Dobson, Butterfield, and 13th Floor Elevators. Extremely psychedelic, extremely enjoyable. It's a 2020 release, easily gettable on Amazon. It's on solid repeat on my home stereo. Been a while since I've heard something "new" that's this fresh and exciting.

Music is the Best!!

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

Dave mentioned in one of his talks, that they already have the box sets picked out several years in advance. I think if this box set doesn't come out until Aug, and is tied to MUATM, it will be a 1989/1990 box set. It will have a DVD offered, like the Giants box. It seems like they have filmed a lot of those 89/90 shows. Maybe the 89 Alpine shows, I don't know much about them but people seem to really like them on here. I personally would like a 1969 box or the Complete Oct 1974 Winterland shows released. The Oct Winterland shows would probably be more likely, and would sell out very fast.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Dennis

Hey PF,

The Giants Stadium Box was announced on August 1, 2019, and was tied in to the MUATM with the 91 show that was in the box.

Wasn't there some word that there would by a MUATM this year?

One of the recent Owsley Stanley Foundation releases, “That Which Colors The Mind”, by Ali Akbar Khan, had only 2 “songs”, one clocking in at just under 74 minutes. Pretty mystic stuff, too.

Mr Ones - I’m intrigued by your report on “Third Mind” by Dave Alvin (you must be the individual “from Boston” raving about it on Amazon?), always open to trying a new sound. Thanks for the heads up. And yes, Bobby Orr is a great guy. Met him years ago at a GM function (I worked there, he was a spokesman), a very decent guy. The Bruins still suck, but Orr’s a good guy! ;)

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

SPRING '69 OR FALL '72

user picture

Member for

3 years 8 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

please...I hope it happens this year fo'sho'

user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

In reply to by Deadicated

Canned Heat - 1968 - Refried Boogie going 42 minutes - from Living the Blues

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by deadfeat1

....now Vegas needs to wrap this up tomorrow so we can get the 3rd round schedule already!!
Spinning Dave's 38 in celly.
Edit. Hey That Mike! If you ever find yourself in the sweltering heat that is Vegas during hockey season, look me up.

The Isles were fired up, and after that third Islander goal, all the wind went out of the B’s sails. Hey Bruins fans, you are great sports to take all the ribbing so well. Now the AVs & the Knights have a thing or two to settle!

VGuy - Absolutely I will look you up if down that way, thanks. I’d love to see a game with THAT crowd at T-Mobile! Amp is definitely turned to 11 there! One city I could not get tix when I was there was Detroit. I’d go for employee courses, but never could score tix. HockeyTown, right?

Quick Gordie Howe story. He is doing an autograph session at one of the large department stores in Toronto, maybe a book signing. I’m in the area, I see the sign outside the store. Yea, I’ll make time for Mr Hockey, the guy Gretzky idolized. Stand in line, Howe is mid to late 60s at this time, looks like he is wearing his kid’s suit, all seams are popping at his arms & shoulders. Now, put your right index finger in the palm of your left hand. That’s what it looked like when I shook this guy’s catcher’s mitt of a hand. My name is easy to spell, but when it came time for the autograph, I wanted no trouble with Howe, so I gave him my friend’s name, a really common name. My friend still has the autograph. Howe in his prime would have been a scary sight to come barreling down on you in that Red Wing jersey, but a heck of a good man, and a legend. I’ve met lots of famous people because I’m a whore for that stuff, but he is definitely in the Top 3.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

In reply to by That Mike

Similar story.

Almost 20 years ago, Bobby Hull was doing an autograph signing to raise money for the local hockey team. He had to be about the same age as when you met Gordie Howe. I took my one year old daughter to get a picture. I was surprised at how few people were there. We got to speak for about 5 minutes. I shook has hand and it felt like every bone was going to snap. A crushing grip. I don't think most people understand just how big and strong these guys are.

Vguy, as an incentive to you, if your GKs pull it off, I'll change my photo to a picture of my mom with Alex Tuch. It will give you a better idea of just how big he is.

Congrats to the Isles. I'm a huge fan of Barry Trotz as a coach. Well done boys.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by Deadicated

Vguy you got me mining this one up for a good guffaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnIKiNAupRs

6/10/76 Spinning this AM from the mighty June '76 Box; incidentally it's also my Nameday so it's a special show in my heart. I was 3 when they did this one. Still feel only slightly beyond that age to this day ha ha. Well maybe more than slightly but not much more.

Be Well People!
Seventy-Sixtus

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

I was on a flight from Pit to somewhere on the West Coast about 10 or more years ago. I had an aisle seat the second row in coach, behind the bulkhead and the first row where you could put luggage under your seat. The guy boarding with me looked remarkably like Franco Harris, hall of fame Pittsburgh Steeler and was seated on the aisle in same row across from me. Some woman in the bulkhead row, the next row up, put all her luggage (including her laptop bag) on the floor under her feet.. where you cannot put luggage. The plane filled up and during the checks.. they told her to stow it in the already crammed overheads or had to be checked. She had to check it all and threw a fit.. that her computer cannot be checked. Under-spoken and polite he told the flight attendant she could put her things under the seat in front of him. I'm 6'4" and he is almost as tall as me.. that tiny space to cram your legs and feet for a tall person on a cross country flight is treasured space. He gave it up and didn't complain a bit on a cross country flight.

Super stand-up guy. I couldn't believe how nice he was and sitting in coach with us mortals. Sat next to Dan Marino once too.. I was upgraded that day, he was quiet but also seemingly very nice. ..like you can ascertain such things in brief and chance encounters..

Anyway.. that's all I got. Back to your regularly scheduled Dark Star>China Cat>The Eleven.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by JimInMD

....Darren Waller, the tight end for the Raiders, came in to my work last week. Got a selfie with him. I asked him to go easy on my Dolphins when they meet this season. He said "I can't promise that. I have bills to pay you know."
Seemed like a down to earth dude.
edit....not a fan of the Raiders relocating here. Their fan base is toxic.

Proudfoot, so is my last name, very easy to spell - “Van Bermanelkoatzeven” - but I wanted no trouble with Big Gordie. I opted for my friend Dave Watson. I also got Watson a Dan Ackroyd autograph, but I spelled my name for him, so he could sign my wine bottle.

AJS - It would have been great to meet Hull! A childhood hero. A friend got me a gig at the Hall of Fame induction a few years, lots of rich women and hockey guys mixing around the trophies. Some of them are pretty decent guys. I agree on Trotz, great coach, and a doppelgänger for Edward G Robinson. “Why I outta…”

Jimi - Love the Franco Harris story. It’s neat when fluke brings you into the celebrity circle, and I know they say you shouldn’t meet your heroes, you’ll be disappointed, but most of the celebs I’ve met were pretty nice, no pretence.

VGuy - AJS has thrown the gauntlet out, and a pretty good bonus to boot. That goal of Tuch’s the other night was, as James Brown would agree, “dynamite!!!”

user picture

Member for

3 years 8 months

In reply to by That Mike

ah. that is a fun last name.

people have enough difficulty with my last name. They must have a stroke with yours.

Spongebob reference..."Smitty Werbenmanjensen"

.... you can stop twisting my arm now! I bought The Third Mind after the verbal beating you administered, I could take no more and had to buy cd & vinyl (first edition version,,,,, standard never good enough for me)

But really quite a lineup in that group, the sample sound was sounding great! I bought them from Bandcamp vs Amazon,,,, really a better deal going on there. I need to set up the account to get the digital version OR I can just wait until the cd arrives.

Another great heads up from the group,,,, thanks!!

PS - don't tell the wife!!! ............................................. Please!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Hey Mike - pumped for the Seattle Kraken. The Metropolitans were the first US team to win the Stanley cup. Also, ironically, they would have likely won a second straight had not the series been cancelled due to......the Spanish flu!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-38.html