• 1,805 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    "When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • RyXs

Phil went phunkytown in Philly!
    I only wanna hear this one on my big speaker with the wonder woofer!

• Oroborous

I thought I heard it was Bob with New Balance, flared Levi’s, and a Polo shirt with the collar turned up, circa 1983?

• JimInMD

I don't want to miss this once in a lifetime offering.

They would be wise to follow-up with a mini holiday box of all the Little Stars ever played. The Bob Star Christmas Box with a Bob Star holiday ornament for the top of the tree. A good follow-up to the garden gnome theme. The ornament would be a high quality painted porcelain miniature replica of the 80's bobby from the short shorts up. A must have for the holidays.

• icecrmcnkd

Early subscribers also get a copy of Brent’s studio album which was recorded by recording over the Fall 1980 reels.

Remember when early subscribers to the GD Movie DVD release got a piece of film from one of the film reels that went to theaters?

Early subscribers to the 2022 Brent studio outtakes Box will get a piece of the tape from the Fall 1980 reels that were forever ruined……

• JimInMD

It must be true, I heard about it from the internet.

• Oroborous

Don’t forget the bonus disc with:
    Gentleman Start your engines (@6/26/88)
    and Never Trust a Woman, along with 45 studio outtakes of Take You Home ; )

Speaking of bonus material, look forward to it with mixed feelings; certainly glad to have it, but guessing that means Rochester isn’t ever seeing the light of day : ( not that I expected it...

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

...you're a cruel cruel man and may the plagues of Moses befall your kingdom in Western MD.

• JimInMD

I heard from a reliable source next years box set will be a 22 disc compilation of every Maybe You Know performed.. including all the studio outtakes.

Looking very much forward to this.

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

Damn, I was hoping they'd just pack all available versions of Maybe You Know as filler. That tune is gold, Jerry! Gold!

• nappyrags

I always rip my discs to my HD for playing on my portable Sony HI Res Player...I re-tag the tracks so the show flows as one and then the filler follows...mas cool that way...for me that is :)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

"When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Already posted

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

I wonder if it's going to be a stand alone release., or if they are going to release all the radio shows the Dead did on the Fall tour for a box. It looks really cool to me , we will probably hear tomorrow.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Finally, favorite show from my favorite year!
This is definitely legit, s or no s at the end of Production. No bootlegger will advertise a release 3 months in advance, the artwork looks familiar too.
The ones that sold recently on e bay are not the same release.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Amazon lists manufacturer for for June '76 as "Dead", and for July 78 "Grateful Dead Production"
So now...is this a '71 box or a Fox Box? Guessing DaP 39 will be 80s

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

they include the Harding Theatre show , always one of my favorites.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Boston Music Hall(2) + Felt Forum(4) + Fox Theatre(2) = 8 shows 23 discs
I'm obsessing now...

s or no s.

What I pasted below has an s.

Now that Rhino doesn’t get the privilege of announcing it’s own release they will probably shelve it for 18 months.

And on the same day that Real Gone announces 3 rereleases…

user picture

Member for

7 years

I wonder if this release will be limited edition? It must be coming out on this site after midnight, right?

I am hoping for a Fox Box.. I recall DL suggesting that some of the returned 71's represent the biggest bump in quality compared to what previously circulated. Not sure what they have or how good it sounds.. that comment was a while ago too.

Those shows in the early years at the Fox were sublime.. I think there's video or an interview of Garcia somewhere talking about how much he liked that theatre.. and they played some great shows there.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by direwulf

Remember Dave on the Skull and Roses seaside chat said there was at least three "other big things" for 2021 besides Skull and Roses and Dave's Picks. Maybe this is one of them. That leaves two.

Time for some news.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

He has taken the vault to an undisclosed location and wont be back.

He's laughing at us...

LEMIEUX!!!!

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

The absence of the closing numbers in that article at Musictap has already been mentioned. I also find it strange that a GD/Warner Bros announcement cites a Springsteen album on Sony/Columbia to tout Plangent Processes when a number of Dead releases have been Plagentized over the years. Or did Bruce jump ship and we don't know about it yet?

On the other hand, the nearly $35 list price at Amazon makes me think it is legit, as Dead cd prices have been rising steadily over the past few years.

We'll just have to wait for a seaside chat to find out.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

If anyone has missed this, Bob Dylan’s website has teased the release, in September, of his Bootleg #16. It covers 1980 - 1985. 2 LP, 2 CD or a 5 disc box.

Edit I looked at Amazon UK and it is listed as ‘currently unavailable’ as a CD but does give a series of track titles as MP3 listings

Edit 2 It has now become available to order on UK Amazon. Currently there’s a huge price difference between the 2 and 5 CD versions

Edit 3 Amazingly the 5 CD set has increased in price by £26 since this morning Glad I ordered it earlier. I expect it will go down again eventually

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

Looking on the American Amazon site, there doesn't seem to be an "s" in place on Grateful Dead Production for either of the anniversary releases for Skull and Roses or Aoxomoxoa, which would suggest that this 71 release is legitimate if that's the thing in question.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

A pleasant-faced man steps up to greet you
He smiles and says he's pleased to meet you
Beneath his hat the strangeness lies
Take it off, he's got three eyes
Truth is false and logic lost
Now the fourth dimension is crossed
Ni, ni, ni, ni, ni ni, ni ni
You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use the key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination......

Creepy little-known Rush song off 2112. Was walking with my cousin through NYC to catch a cab to a show, sporting our concert shirts; approaching us from the opposite side of the crosswalk a joyful homeless looking guy starts singing those lyrics and kept on going until the song faded out of earshot. Noone else seemed to notice him. Hmmm.

Man I hope DL doesn't have Covid. This IS the strangest bit of silent treatment I've seen in my years at dead.net - a release is announced somewhere other than dead.net first. No word of a box set. Man I hope not.

There's no doubt it's an official release; not only does the artwork feature the 13 point lighting bolt, but who else can afford Plangent. And besides, Warner Brothers music is Warner Brothers music.

I don't remember getting an email about this forthcoming release and no announcement here on dead dot net. I was thinking that there was going to be an email sent out on July 16, but that didn't happen, or at least I didn't get one yet.
Late, by my ideas.
As of now, the DaP 39 show in question will be on September 19, 1995, in Boston Gardens, Boston, MA.
Almost 3 hours of Boston Gardens commercial air conditioning noise, traffic sounds, train noise, dogs barking, indistinct very echoed human voices, and NO GRATEFUL DEAD music.

My guess is an early 1970's show anytime from 1970 thru 1972.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

12-10-71 has to be part of a December '71 box, yes? Lots of people seem to agree.

That cover on Amazon, if it is the cover and not a pirated boot, looks like a segment of a box, signifying Pig's return.....

Just to get ready, been listening to 12.1.71. Ramble on Rose through Cryptical Suite. Pristine stuff.

Regarding DaP 39: 1969 or 1970

They arrived, after a long hike, to a rolling estate of tombs, altars, dens, shops, and paved streets.

A gnome, further up the path, dressed in train-engineer overalls wiped his brow with his cap and continued to hoe a small plot of rich dark soil; half of the raised flowerbed was lined with daisies and purple lilies.

"What're you growing there?"

"Box sets. They'll be ready to harvest in, oh....'bout a month or so. Being Dead means you must remain calm."

"What's the vintage of the latest box? Hope it's a tasty one."

He offered a wobbly Jack-o'-lantern grin. "Not at liberty to say. Big reveal's comin', though. Count on it."

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

If it's a sign, I right now have 71 unread messages in my email inbox. That is, until HF sends me an email 'cause he wants Fall 72. :-P

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Hey rockers~~~

In the last few years three December 71 shows were released (12/6, 7, 14). There will NOT be a December 71 box set THIS year.

OK TPTB, prove me wrong!!!

Rock on!

Doc
I like boxes because of the secrets they hide.....

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

12-10-71 sure looks good to me.

That's a long preorder period (3 months?) for a single 3-CD set. Maybe they use the preorder volume to guide their production run. Or maybe this is the breakout show from a late '71 box and the box will take time to put together (supply chain issues).

I'll throw my hat in the ring that DP 39 will be '80s or '90s. And Dave will rave about it this Friday.

A leaked "announcement" appears to be more powerful than yet another Dave rave....

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

We were all on the edge of our seats yesterday thanks to some of you sleuths. Man, I'm telling you, you guys really make these threads ground zero for all things Grateful Dead. I appreciate everyone who frequents this site!

user picture

Member for

3 years 6 months

Seven complete shows from 71, 72, and 73? Sold! Done and done. 71-73 is prime time, AFAIC, and I placed my order right away. Currently fighting the urge to also order the 2-lp thing. That would be an awesome Thing to Have, but my collection is already pretty out of control, so I try to avoid duplicating CD/lps.

As long I’m posting, let me also mention the TTB’s recent release of “Layla Revisited”, which is (you guessed it) their recording of the Clapton classic. They did the whole album, live at LOCKN, with Tres sitting in on guitar/vox. I’m kind of ambivalent about concept: is this what rock bands are going to do now, just play the classics, like a string quartet giving us yet another recording of Mozart? And I’m guessing that, in normal times, this might not have been officially released, but Derek and Susan probably decided to put it out there to help make up for all the touring revenue they’ve lost during the pandemic, which I don’t begrudge them for at all. Like the Dead, they’ve got a big “family” of crew and band members to support. Anyway, it’s very well-recorded, everybody plays and sings great, and it’s interesting to hear these songs with a horn section. Derek’s solos alone are worth the price of admission, IMO. Anyway, heads up on this, all you TTB fans.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Got One. I can't afford it, but I can't afford to wait either. Wow, this is going to be fantastic!!

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Or will that now take place in the St. Louis thread?

I passed on the Giants Stadium box so I'd be very happy with a pick from the Vince/Bruce years. It has been some time since Dave gave us a show from '69 or '70, but I think he will hold on to shows from those years for subscriber bait in 2022 or 2023. We had two Brent picks last year. If we get one in 2021 I bet it will be from his early tenure with the band. What about Gainesville?

Will we get a seaside chat first, or find out when we get our shipping notice? Just a few more days to go.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Bar's dry here, but there's a 20 kegger at St. Louis, along with some top-shelf spirits from '71, '72, '73.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

But it's the King of Beers.

You probably all know this, because we are benevolent bunch of degenerates.. but there is a brewery in Czechoslovakia called Budweiser Budvar that has been making beer since the 13th century and has called it's beer the beer of kings since the 16th century. ..you can tell the difference because unlike the thin tasting American copycat, the real McCoy is flavorful...

So if they are serving Budweiser, let's hope they are serving Budweiser Budvar, or as it has to be called in America Czechvar, because of copyright infringement no less. What a ripoff, too weird...

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

German immigrant to St. Louis, co-founder of Anheuser-Busch.
Probably was fully aware of Czech Budweiser.

Scammed the name for his own beer, which should have been named Buttweiper.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

True and funny.

He definitely stole the name and then spent enormous amounts of money copyrighting it and policing the use of the name, etc.

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

August 1980

Uptown Baby

Comes A Time

Dave L.SD Alpine Valley Box Set

Shakedown Street

double dose 1988 Greek & Laguna Seca Raceway All 6 shows from July in California

user picture

Member for

11 years 1 month

Received shipping notice with tracking # for DaP 39 time stamped 5:14 AM eastern. No announcement? Officially a UMO, Unidentified Musical Object preparing to leave the mother ship, tracking shows no movement yet.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by dmcvt

I have also recieved a shipping notice, gimmick? Glitch? a super supper rise? Time will tell-
No announcement...

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by brewster boy

Me too.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Name of a great book on the Busch family and the cutthroat beer business. An unauthorized story of the A/B dynasty. The elder Busch was a real piece of work, even to his own family. I heard Augustus tried to stop the book from being published. I think Budweiser was only able to keep the Czech "Bud" from being sold over here. Back then it was a common name for a style of lager.
Small world story: I was born in St. Louis but grew up in Colorado. In the mid eighties I worked at a mountain shop in Gunnison that shared space with a t-shirt shop. For a while a girl named Busch was working for the t-shirt shop at minimum wage. I finally realized she was one of THE Busch's when she spoke of "Uncle Auggie". She was stunningly cute and all I could think of was why the heck are you working for $4.75/hr. here with all those looks and someday all that money! She said Uncle Augustus was a good guy but, as I remember, the book leads to other conclusions.
Cheers!

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I'm keen on Euro lagers, as the local American ales always are over-hopped, over-hyped and expensive. Why drink local, hoppy dishwater at 30% higher price when you can drink the Euro classic lagers for less? Something about shipping and climate change, you say? I have to admit, I had not thought that through before. But we can't halt all international trade and that stuff probably goes by ship, not plane. So having this conversation with myself now frees me to head to the liquor store for some Czechvar -- glad to hear of an endorsement for this brand that I've inexplicably avoided.

Oh yeah, and woo-hoo for the mystery DP 39. I say it's a Brent show from '79, courtesy of ABCD Enterprises. I'd love to see it be Red Rocks, Aug. 12, '79, a ripping show. There, I said it.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by hendrixfreak

$25 in the early 90’s when I was in college.
We thought it tasted better than Bud.

Shipping notice received for the mystery DaP39.
Tracking not yet available. Glad to see that someone is willing to work on a Saturday to generate shipping labels.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Not a New Belgium fan?
Me neither. That brewery is extremely overrated.
Of note, I was just at the grocery store and saw Voodoo Ranger sausages, or some type of meat product. It was by the bacon, I didn’t stop to see exactly what the package said.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I'm no snob, nor a lush, but I'll drink anything that's cold if the occasion demands. Or, put whiskey in my hot coffee on a winter morn.

And I do enjoy an occasional 9% nut brown ale, courtesy of the locals here in Colo.

It's just that everyone and their mother has opened a brewery, dreaming of greatness, but I fear that they've sunk mucho capital into their projects, hence the $12 six-pack and that's enough for this old school fool to turn up his nose.

I won't touch Busch, no matter the circumstances (oh gawd, karma unleashed!) but I can knock back a Bud Light at just above freezing temperature.

In short, I'm pretty much a total ho. But I have my preferences.

Okay, now, where's that 8-12-79?? We were doing Purple Dragon blotter that day and when the purple lights came on at dusk, all we could think was: how did they know??!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by hendrixfreak

or Friends don’t let friends do swill! And yaasssss, I’m am a proud semi beer snob!

New Belgium, NO BUENO! Sure there’s a few flavors that taste ok...but more often than not it’s f@#$&** draino, go’s right through. Ever since one of the first years I went to Rocky Grass—where NB has a monopoly, which is a crime as the original Oscar Blues is so close you can smell it, but you can’t get it inside—and I had to spend many quality hours in the nasty ass Porto’s, (my one festival goal besides having fun, no pooping in Porto’s!), yeah, thanks, but no thanks!

Of course I think my beer days may unfortunately be going by by-bye as health concerns may dictate such.....
the horror! But, as we learned in R&R, the situation is the boss!
GD old age, need to exercise and try to lose Bellyfat/weight, but my feet, knees, hips etc, etc are damn near shot...quite the conundrum. Speaking of, how’s old PF doing on his big weight loss goals?

Hopefully all the secretive behavior means a super spectacular Dave’s ; )

😄”we thought the purple lights were just for us”

EDIT: there are some great Colorado breweries, most of the good ones are small and/or relatively unknown, but I agree totally that there are way far more that are meh, or even No Bueno...
Plenty of quantity, not so much quality, imho
NoCal is king for this kid!

I used to drink beer several times a week for decades. I had to stop - well, I decided to, about 12 years ago when I noticed that it clashed gloriously with prescribed medication. Of which I am still the proud recipient. My last pint was in 2011 I think-after an Eric Clapton gig. You have to move with the times if you want to stay on it.
I also hardly ever drive now as a result of the above. More walking, less pollution - everyone's a winner!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by daverock

I think that Oscar Blues is garbage too.

In the 2000’s when I went skiing in CO every spring I usually would get O’Dell, Breckinridge, and New Belgium (never Flat Tire, that stuff is crap). They were all OK, but NB was always third place. O’Dell Easy Street Wheat (I call it Sleazy Street) is what I drank the most since wheat beer is my favorite style.

If I had to choose between Bud, Miller, Coors, I would probably go with Coors.
Although ice cold Bud does taste pretty good in the hot summer.
Never, never, never Light/Lite.

I’ve been to Germany twice, and they make some kick ass lager.

Bell’s Lager of the Lakes is really good.

When I was under age I drank Goebel, Pfeiffer, and Weidemann.
But avoided PBR and Milwaukee’s Best (Worst). I did have some standards.
I think that the honor of worst beer ever goes to Falstaff.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Beer VERSUS drugs???

That's like pitting Jerry against Pigpen, God against Hercules, the North Pole against the South Pole, Mt. Everest against the Marianas Trench!!!

In other words, it just can't be, it should never happen.......... my world upended!!!

Oh, wait. Did I just post that publicly?? Ha ha, just kidding. I'm livin' on yoga, Vitamin C and propane. Clean as a whislte. As you were..............

On New Year’s Day in 1999 the wife and I set off in the early morning to get our birding year list off to a good start. We were flagged down by the police and, as the driver, I was asked when I’d last had a drink. I thought for a moment and said ‘I’m not sure but I think it was 1983’. The policeman looked at me as though he thought I was taking the piss, then he said ‘Is everyone in this town tee-total?’ and let us go on our way. Still haven’t had an alcoholic drink since then. Perhaps it’s an English thing. I don’t even have the excuse of prescription drugs

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

What say you?
Me, if it came down to it, no brainer!
Who’s got a light ; )

At this point it’s really all kinda foolish. I have such a high tolerance that before I really get buzzed, I’ll fall asleep!
Hell, pretty much anything makes me fall asleep lol.
I’m more about the taste and enjoyment of beer then getting loaded. Those days and “most ounces for the dollar” are long gone. But I don’t want to end up diabetic, look how that all worked out for Jer...so desperate times call for desperate measures..if I get a grip I shouldn’t have to quit completely, but at least for now, well, after this WE anyway ; ),
I feel the need for deep cuts : (

user picture

Member for

3 years 6 months

There wasn't really anything wrong with Anheuser and Busch calling their beer "Budweiser." That's just a word Germans used to describe anything from the Czech town they called Budweis, a place then known for fine lagers. So this was just kind of like calling your pizza "New York style." No harm, no foul.

But what is unforgivable about Budweiser is that they brew it with rice in place of (most of) the malted barley that all good German and Czech lagers are made with. Initially, this was done because brewers in America had a hard time getting quality pilsner malt, and thus was born the beer style that brewers (Deadhead and non Deadhead alike) know as "American adjunct lager," with "adjunct" being a polite way of saying "cheap crap that doesn't belong in beer." When you brew with rice like A-B does (or corn, or cane sugar as some companies do) you get a less flavorful beer. Some would say, in the case of Bud-Coors-Miller, a flavor-free beer.

We're lucky now that we have so many alternatives. You want fizzy yellow watery industrial lager produced in a factory two states away, you can get that. You want beer brewed by your neighbors using malted barley instead of rice and fresh hops that you can actually taste, you can get that. There is, as you would expect, a difference in price. I don't want to be too much of a snob, knowing that I drank a LOT of Bud-Coors-Miller back in the day, but I know what I like.

Of course, when you say Bud, you might also mean bud. And like Hendrix freak hilariously pointed out, you don't really have to choose between Bud and bud. Although it sounds like a lot of us are at that phase in life where we have to cut back on EVERYTHING. Which sucks, but what can one do? Like Keith Richards, "the weird thing about getting older is that the older you get, the older you want to get."

What might 39 be? Perhaps we can rule out early 70s with the St. Louis box being released? So 60s, 80s, 90s or late 70s? Whatever it is, I am always happy to get a new show. A little Mid-Summer joy courtesy of Dave/Dead.net!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-38.html