• 1,510 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    An institution in American rock music, the Grateful Dead continue to surprise the ears with new arrangements and altered styles. If their playing continues with the force that was heard in San Bernardino, the spirit of the Dead will live on. - Sun Telegram

We are more than pleased to kick off this year's Dave's Picks series with the much requested and quite spirited complete performance from Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA 2/26/77. The Swing ’77 show was a unique beast, unlike any others from this era: as the band’s first concert of the year, it bridged the gap between the new and re-emerging sound of the returning 1976 Grateful Dead and the precision excellence of the spring ’77 Dead. Debuting two of their most intricately crafted songs of the 1970s, “Terrapin Station” (to open, no less!) and “Estimated Prophet,” the Dead demonstrated right from the start of this new touring year that they were not going to be a nostalgia act; they were going to be as adventurous and ambitious as they were at any time in their career.

Join the adventure as they soar through tried and true ("Playing In The Band," "Tennessee Jed"), well-loved covers ("Mama Tried," "Samson and Delilah," "Dancing In the Street"), and epic new jams.

Rounded out with three songs from Santa Barbara, CA 2/27/77, this one was recorded by Betty Cantor-Jackson and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Dave's Picks Volume 29 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Lovemygirl

...Road Trips ‘The Wall Of Sound’ minus the Bonus Disc...I play it quit often! Thank you again my friend, I hope your still enjoying those major Europe 72’ shows...love it!
    🙏❤️😎

• MDJim
    6/20/83 -The First and Most Memorable Merriweather Show

I apologize for the length of this post.. but man.. that storm.

I grew up perhaps an hour hike from Merriweather Post Pavilion.. and after getting harassed by Howard County's finest for hiding beer under my car instead of pouring it out on the curb as instructed at a Jethro Tull show a few months earlier culminating in a thorough and regretful search of my parents car and a loss of a nice pipe and some hash.. I just started walking to shows from that point forward (at least until I moved out of my parents house). I probably saw between a hundred and a hundred fifty shows there over the years.. probably about the same number of times I saw the Grateful Dead. I'm ashamed to admit now.. but I knew how to get in that place for free plus the ticket collectors were mostly people I went to high school with, so taping two stubs together and presenting an amicable grin was usually enough to gain entrance. I did buy tickets for many/most shows, certainly for all the Dead shows.. - never take unnecessary risks.

Some background.. I wouldn't compare this to one of the greatest or best shows, but it was memorable for lots of reasons. My first show was 4/19/82 at the Baltimore Civic Center (perhaps my biggest lysergic GD moment, save that for another day).. I believe I made the Capital Centre shows in the fall that same year but they weren't playing super close in the Spring so we headed South to Hampton and my first GD road trip in April for my one and only birthday show. I think I drove and I am confident we did not tell my folks we were taking the family car to partake in all kinds of shenanigans and see the Dead.. in hindsight, so dishonest. Then it was announced that they would be playing two nights in the summer for the first time at Merriweather Post, my local venue. I couldn't believe it.. That would make this run my fourth and fifth shows.. I was still quite green behind the ears.

I had friends that worked as busboys and room service at the Columbia Inn, where all the bands stayed back then that performed at Merriweather, they told stories of bands partying in the bar, tips they got (or not) and what floors they would put them in, etc.. so the night before, on whim.. we showed up and went to the bar. I could barely drive but with an older brother that looked similar, and the drinking age being 18 at the time, I had an ID and we headed past the lobby to find Phil sitting at a table by himself.. we closed the bar that night and had some passes for the next day... I have to say, he was super nice and not at all an icon or unapproachable. I do recall a few of the stories told, but the memory I left with was that I could not muster up the courage to offer anything intelligent to say and couldn't think of a decent question to ask until I was walking through the parking lot to the car at the end of the night. After a few beers, humor was flying and things seemed fine. Phil seemed happy to have a group to party with. I was so young I couldn't even order a beer correctly.. I asked for a tap beer and she brought me a tab (soda).. so she returned it and brought me a draft Budweiser.

So the next day.. a few of us walked from the neighborhood where we all lived to the show, a bit early.. I had my pass and went backstage and it was so weird.. plus early. I just couldn't handle it. I didn't know anyone except my buddy.. and it was like being in a foreign country. Nobody seemed to want anything to do with us and the band wasn't there yet.. So we decided to split before the show started, inhale a bit in safety and get to our seats, which were pretty close.. I am fairly sure we took some mushrooms too which only made it all the more weird. So the only time I ever had backstage passes, I totally wasted them. ..Perhaps for the best.

I don't think you can talk about the show without talking about the storm. Growing up there.. the only time I recall it raining harder was during Hurricane Agnes in 1972. This is the only time I recall the highway on the way in (Route 29) flooding and being shut down like it did that night. The storm was biblical and it wasn't just rain. It thundered and lightninged for hours that night and I believe lightning hit the lightning rod at the venue or perhaps the shed itself at least once (during He's Gone, Truckin' and perhaps one other time), but that's probably impossible to verify. You can hear it on the tapes though including the PA going in and out several times.

So the performance aside, there was other energy and stimulus going on that night.

The setlist was fairly standard for the day.. my second Peggy-O, second Truckin', second China>Rider. The first set was pretty standard, but things started to get weird by The Music Never Stopped.. I forget exactly when the started and ended and then started again, but I think t had had rained in the first set and the beginning of TMNS, then the sun came out for a bit during this song, then set break.. then big cumulonimbus clouds, then it started getting spooky dark as the setbreak came to an end. ..and then things really got weird. In hindsight, we should have starting building an ark.

The second set started with China>Rider>Sampson>He's Gone>Truckin'>Drums. By the transition in China>Rider, everyone was getting soaked and the rain entered the pavilion area as it was raining sideways. I had to pee as Sampson started and by then people were body sliding down the lawn and everyone was so soaked that it just didn't matter anymore. Soaked to the bone, you couldn't get more wet.. When I got back to our seats, the heavens opened up and the lightning started and it went from weird to downright scary. The people working at the venue sought shelter, anarchy ensued and there was a mad rush from the lawn to the pavilion area. Everyone got squashed and became bug eyed.. and safety became a big concern. We got pushed forward and what row you sat in mattered less than the need to create more room inside, under the shelter. By He's Gone, there became a general feeling of insecurity and helplessness, just as I began to peak. Lightning struck the shed and the power went out.. but the weirdest thing of all, the band was just as freaked as we were, but the they kept playing on. I swear Phil and Jerry were playing power chords in sync with the thunder and lightning. By the time Space ended, we got a rare Bob Star (one of three times played).. during Sugar Magnolia I think Bobby got shocked and put down his guitar and took his mike to a strange part of the stage and started wailing into the mike.

There was no encore and no soundboards exist.

So what to 20k tripping, soaked, disoriented hippies do when the show ends? The deluge had stopped but it continued to rain. There was a tiny creek between the venue and the parking lot, usually a trickle like you see on a water fountain.. it was flooded way over the banks and to make matters worse had washed away the foot bridges, so you really couldn't safely walk to the parking lot, but people managed.. the lawn was so eroded both from the rain but more from people doing mudslides down it that at dawn, they had to bring in heavy machinery and rebuild the lawn as there was another show that next night. After they Dead left.. they really went to town and had to do a total rebuild of the lawn area, changing the contour forever.. lots of heavy machinery. They spent the day off to rebuild it with different contours to the format we have to this day.

When we walked home, still tripping.. we could not go the way we came, it was not passable. So we went an alternate route. Getting over the highway, which was still flooded.. we held hands as the current was strong and waded in waste deep water eventually getting to other side and about an hour later to mom and dads house. Some quick showers, then post show activities until the sun came up then sleep.. only to do it again the next day on a reformatted lawn with straw and new sod. They played Looks Like Rain that next day and you can imagine the crowd reaction.

So back to the show.. Yea.. I sort of remember 6/20/83. It was the weirdest, highest energy GD show I ever saw. Not the best, but certainly one of the most memorable. I saw every GD/JGB show played there but this was perhaps the most fun. Thanks for jarring my memory.

• KeithFan2112

They say the oakwood interior of the cathedral was built in the year 1200, requiring trees that would have been 400 years old, thus sprouting out of the ground in the 8 or 9th centuries. Hard to believe.

Bob t - thanks for the heads up on One From The Vault release date. I could use a change from the E72 binge. I did manage to get in 6/14/76 and 12/26/69 today, both on the Rolling Stone top 20.

Lovemygirl - I don't recall which ones you sold me, I'm thinking Tivoli II, Lille France, and maybe one of the Lyceum shows? Lotta weed in between ;-) I don't remember what I sent you, refresh my memory. My memory is outstanding on everything until I was 25, and then past 3 weeks. But everything in between is shit.

• MDJim

Holy Smokes.. yes, I was there. It was biblical, as much or more from the storm then from the music.. but it all combined for a complete sensory overload.

I wrote something on this a couple times over the years.. but I think I was too shy to share details, or perhaps too lazy to try and remember it all and it put to paper.

Just getting home, if I have some time once I get settled I will try and put my arms around it..

• Angry Jack Straw

Such sad news.

Not just an architectural marvel, but one of the most important structures in the history of mankind.

My deepest sympathies to the people of France.

• nappyrags

I too just got my notice that the CD issue of the Warfield performances will be in my grubby paws in a few weeks...I tried at first on a couple of record shop websites that do online ordering of what is left of the merchandise on Sunday but no luck...I went to Amazon and Bingo! i feel like I won the jackpot considering how many copies are on Ebay for over a $100 a pop...can't wait...meant to say that the nearest record shop to me is over three hours away...at least it's all downhill but still...

• bob t
    One from the Vault Anniversary 8/13/75, released 28 years ago

Did anyone just see the post on facebook from the Dead about this. Released 4/15/91, 28 years ago..... This changed everything if you were trading tapes back then!!! Everyone had this show, either FM, or the bootleg called Make Believe BallRoom.. But now we had a legit release!! It really did change everything... It took away i have 1000 hours of tapes and only want to deal with someone who had the same amount and started to level the field..... Sorry to rant but I was in that era... bob t

Edit my first copy of this were two cassettes!!! Didn't get the CD's because wasn't a fan yet!!!

• daverock

Hopefully no lives were lost or people injured-doesn't seem to be much in the news about that. The only thing I could find was that one firefighter had been burned. Pretty remarkable.

• Exile On Main St.

like we have a false prophet among us.

• Lovemygirl

...first I’d like to make a statement about the horror in Paris today, a sad day in my soul, so much lost turning to dust & rubble, my prayers are with Paris’, May the songs of old play on in heart & soul. 🙏❤️😢
    ...Trainwreck, you asked me about my last post and by what I mean by “treasure trove” is a new batch of tapes have been recently found. 😉 I’ll share more info when I can. ‘Exciting News For Me’, I love new and unheard recordings of all bands, the Grateful Dead more so now in my life than my past with the likes of ‘Elvis’ & ‘Beatles’ Records lol ...Plus Some confirmed dates for new Dead releases/product...😌
    ...Keithfan, hope all is well as always. What three shows did I send you from the ‘Europe 72’ boxset, i can’t remember, but I do remember them being Primo Shows ! 😎 and the Primo Show you sent me, love it! 🙏❤️😎
    Off to dinner, have a grateful evening everyone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

An institution in American rock music, the Grateful Dead continue to surprise the ears with new arrangements and altered styles. If their playing continues with the force that was heard in San Bernardino, the spirit of the Dead will live on. - Sun Telegram

We are more than pleased to kick off this year's Dave's Picks series with the much requested and quite spirited complete performance from Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA 2/26/77. The Swing ’77 show was a unique beast, unlike any others from this era: as the band’s first concert of the year, it bridged the gap between the new and re-emerging sound of the returning 1976 Grateful Dead and the precision excellence of the spring ’77 Dead. Debuting two of their most intricately crafted songs of the 1970s, “Terrapin Station” (to open, no less!) and “Estimated Prophet,” the Dead demonstrated right from the start of this new touring year that they were not going to be a nostalgia act; they were going to be as adventurous and ambitious as they were at any time in their career.

Join the adventure as they soar through tried and true ("Playing In The Band," "Tennessee Jed"), well-loved covers ("Mama Tried," "Samson and Delilah," "Dancing In the Street"), and epic new jams.

Rounded out with three songs from Santa Barbara, CA 2/27/77, this one was recorded by Betty Cantor-Jackson and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Dave's Picks Volume 29 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Listening to the first estimated is like watching a child riding a bike for the first time. Classic no matter what happens. Beautiful! !

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

You are funny Icecrmcnkd! Actually, these releases are 20 bit since they are HDCD. Has anyone ever listened to any of these releases on an HDCD player?
I have been toying with the idea of buying one but don't know if it would be worth it for the additional 4 bits of sound?

The August of '81 Long Beach Arena shows are in my annual rotation (which means they are favorites) but along with 12/13-14/1980. Great Drums-Space with Airto Moreira and Flora Purim sitting in for added dimensions.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

My CD player has HDCD but as it is the only player I have, I have nothing for comparison. No two CD players sound the same anyway so any comparison would be fairly meaningless. Just get the best you can.

Dave's 29 should arrive in about a week's time if I'm lucky.

user picture

Member for

6 years

In reply to by simonrob

Rob , by digitally I presume you mean iTunes U ? If that’s right my original answer stands 😾
P.S. still waiting for my 29 😾 presumably the further the disk has to travel the earlier it’s sent and thus a lower @@@@@/20,000 might I get 🤞

I have an Onkyo 6-disc changer (not HDCD), Onkyo receiver, Onkyo sub-woofer, and Bose 301 speakers that are 5-6 feet in the air.
Sounds awesome, especially Phil right now at 11:00-11:30 of Eyes.
What would the extra 4 bits get me? Hopefully even more Phil, but I’ll never know......

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Check your PM.....

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Hey just curious, what music app do you use in your phone? I use Poweramp. It has some fantastic new audio features that improve the sound tremendously without making it sound different (EQ + stereo / separation enhancement). Great stuff. Only problem I have with it is the new version has a bug in the gapless playback, so China Riders, Scarlet Fires and the such have an ever so slight pause between tracks. Only occurs on mp3s; WAV files are fine.... but WAVs are way too big. I'm hoping they fix it quickly. Yeah, Poweramp.

So for all you WHO freaks out there and I know Icecrmcnkd mentioned Phil's Eyes solo... 2 parts Check out 10:40 to 10:49 and then 11:07 to 11:26...anyone hearing Go To the mirror or something else from TOMMY....In any case its pretty cool.

This Dave's Pick is Warm and Crispy sounding....and that's great in my book!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by RobbZ

I have an emotiva basx 100 that has hdcd encoding. They make an excellent product with a fair price tag. 299.00 usd. You can even split the payments into 12 months using their website. Comes out to be about 29 bucks a month. I did notice a sound improvement, especially on my dead discs, but shit they sound pretty damn good already. To my knowledge emotiva is the only company putting the decoder in there new products, when i started looking around i could only find older model players with hdcd capability.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I hear shades of Philo Stomp leading into the groovy bass line of Dancin'.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

#3696 has arrived! I have long owned the 1st set on cassette, mainly for it's two historic debuts, Estimated Prophet and the opening Terrapin Station. I somehow never sought out the 2nd set tapes nor did I bother to ever give it a listen online. After hearing this show all the way through, I realize now that I was sorely remiss. The two sets are mirror images of shimmering songcraft and exploratory jamming. I think it is the most well-rounded '77 show released to date. It also makes 1977 the most widely-documented year as far as official releases go. From the breathtaking start to the rocking finish, 2/26/77 has it all. It will make a beautiful bookend to the 12/29/77 Dick's Picks release which of course has the Terrapin encore. Thank you Mr. Lemieux and company :))

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

I lived in the LA area 1980-82 (finish high school after moving from Wisconsin, a place I do NOT miss), and visited from time to time through the 80s

my memory of SBer is a smog-infested "what the hell is this" place.

here come the GD in 1977 to help us ascend to heaven on Earth. In SBer, of all places.

many thanks to all who helped create this release.

I recommend seeing "They Shall Not Grow Old", Peter Jackson's film re WWI.

Not a happy film, but mind-blowing, none-the-less.

Amazing.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

I too use Poweramp. It works. I'm not much of a "equalizer" person. My buddy (who recommended Poweramp) LOVES EQ's. For good or ill, I was told YEARS ago about eq-ing. Man told me you may make sound 'a' sound better, but then you distort sound 'b'. My home system has no eq "box", nor does it have any "tone" control. I have found too that EQ people can spend a whole song "adjusting", only to redo on next song (certainly next album) :-)

Also I only use my phone, sometimes. I have a Cowon mp3 player that is suppose to have a far superior sound. I use memory sticks in a lot of places. In the end, I find everything sounds damn good, I can live with little gaps when they happen.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

In reply to by deadtony

This is how I was able to hear definitively the the benefits of hdcd. The original vault two was not released with it, but the 3 disc reissue was. The benefits were obvious immediately. Unfortunately my denon carousel died 6 months ago after 14 years of faithful service. They stopped making multi disc hdcd players so I tried used. Beware they're all so old both died in less than a month. My oppo has it but when I just want to listen to a show almost uninterrupted it just ain't the same

user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

I don't think the From the Vault series provides an accurate comparison of HDCD versus non, because they were remastered for the re-release, and sound better anyway. I don't have a HDCD player, but I can hear audio improvements when comparing the original to the re-release.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Trainwrecked

From The Vault Box was remastered?

Just ordered it.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

'Tis not so bad if you like beer, cheese, snowsports in the winter and don't mind a little hot, ticks and skeeters in the summer. I like it here (and I just spent an hour and a half moving snow).

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

Being I whined and wailed so much about what a sonic mess volume 27 was I felt I owed a thank you to Dave for pumping out two good ones in a row now, especially volume 29. Not only a great and historic show, but sonically it's very good. Well Done Dave and his team.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Arrived last weekend. Just finished second time through. Sounds like some noticeable bass enhancement on the filler material. The bass on the Dew is pretty thick and chunky. Love it.

Subscribing is always the way to go with these. Onboard every year since they started offering subscriptions back on that last year of Road Trips. 2020 will see the Dave's picks series reach the same milestone as Dicks picks with 36 releases. Hope this goes well beyond the 50s and even into the 100s. Might take another 17 years to get there and by then when I'm pushing my 70's, maybe they'll finally release more late 80's and 90's shows. Hopefully much sooner than that. A Spring '89 Dave's Pick would be awfully nice....say Ann Arbor or Milwaukee....or the whole tour....

edit - Vol 27 is awesome and sounds great. It's an excellent show. Haters still abound here I see.

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

In reply to by SPACEBROTHER

I didn't take what was said as being a hater, but you can't make someone like something they don't like.. So he said he didn't like the sound, doesn't make him or her a hater. Strong words.

I do think for 83, the sound on 27 is quite good. It's a cassette master to be sure, but a good release and no one should be surprised it came out when it did. We will see more 80's and 90's as time goes on. I wouldn't act surprised or aghast when this happens.

These things shouldn't cause such a ruckus but adding hyperbole isn't going to make things any better, just worse and more quickly. I like 27, it's high energy GD. I like 29 too, I have always held this show is very high regard.

Have a good night all.. play dead, be happy.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Why dice Eyes?

-editing here- There seem to be an awful lot of patches of both '80's releases so far. There are a heck of a lot more stand up performances in the 80's, so to choose ones with tape integrity problems is questionable as well. imo ymmv

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by wilfredtjones

I'll take the cheese, please.

I jokingly refer to my man-boobs as "Monterey Jack" (on the left) and "Cheddar" (on the right). Things happen when you are 257 lbs.

Nothing _wrong_ with Wisconsin...I just don't miss it.

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Got #29 today, but where the LIMITED EDITION: on the back is, mine has no number. Anyone else????

I wonder if Phil has been enhanced on this release, similar to 8-24-72.

On my second pass through, catching things I missed the first time.
H/S/F just started...

Some people previously posted about Keith’s perfectly timed contributions. I really noticed it on Samson.

Kicking back now to enjoy this H/S/F.....

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

I forgot about that.. you are correct. I overlooked it as the Help>Slip!>Franks shines fairly bright. Onward.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by MDJim

Seemed like there might be one somewhere between 4:00 - 4:30, or they just spaced it.
I caught it while listening but didn’t get off the couch to rewind. Nor did I catch the exact time. May go back later to check it out.

Don't ruin this release for me man... Don't even think about it.

No splices, pops, skips, blems, patches, etc.

After the last box.. I am living a fragile existence. Nervous ticks, twitches, my friends say I am not myself.. They are starting to call me tweak.

The Swing is one of my treasured shows.. don't frack this up for me man..

:D

Don’t know if that’s a splice.
Sounds more like when your car tape deck ate your cassette tape but didn’t break the tape. From then on that part of the tape was a mish mash.

Tape artifacts are a part of history, so don’t let it get you down.
CD skips are a modern phenomena that are totally avoidable with competent quality assurance practices.

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

I am always humbled by the good folks here.. such a dedicated group of listeners. No matter the topic, there is always someone that knows more than I, has a better ear or is simply more rounded. You guys seem to listen to more music than me.

That being said.. the Swing (among a few other two dozen shows or so) has always been sacred ground to me. This release reminds me why. Three discs, three separate jam sequences that do somehow seem to achieve liftoff.

Sacred ground.. and I am not the biggest '77 aficionado. ..but I like it all, and 1977 was the last thing I listened too.. so it must be the best.

Special shoutout to Stolie.. for keeping it real and providing some much needed entertainment and injection of what it takes to keep us all in check. They played a song from one of those 81 shows discussed earlier in this thread today on SiriusXM. Sometimes I think the world does at least keep us in mind when shit happens.. like, if there was a ruling body and there was a director of random and seemingly meaningless events.. that person is clearly a rabid deadhead with a wicked sense of humor.

Probably one of the top three releases to date! Wow! Love all of it. The Eyes and Around and Around remind me so much of their previous gem, the Cow Palace New Year's show. What a bummer, the rest of the San Bernardino tapes are missing. Are the March Winterland reels in the vault?
If so, let's get them out.
I certainly agree with Spacebrother on spring 89 shows Dave's or Box. We need more!

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

In reply to by DeadVikes

If it ain't got the swing.

Finally released.. a testament of patience.

Be kind, be patient.. sooner rather than later.. it will get released.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

It's funny that Dave totally ignores the Gainesville show in the liner notes to Lakeland on the 30 Trips box. It's like it never existed. I wonder if that was an oversight, or a slight joke based on what goes on here.

What I don't get is why no one ever mentions Sporto/Hollywood/Pembroke whenever the hubbub re: Gainesville comes around again as it is destined to do...

...good morning everyone in Grateful Dead Land!
...speaking of 80’s shows, I’ve recently listened & enjoyed the Grateful Dead concert in Alaska, on 6/20/80 at the West High Auditorium. I really love the whole second set & the audio I’ve heard is great/primo as well as a fine mix on CD I played. I think this show would make a sweet Daves Pick IMO...especially the version of ‘Estimated Prophet’ & ‘The Other One’ , love it!
Have a grateful day my brothers & sisters, ✌️

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

I see you're up to your old argumentative ways. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion about a show, he is a "hater". Or if someone points out a sloppy part in the performance, he has a tin ear, right? You would do better in your appeal for 80s era if you took words like "hate" off your vocab list, and didn't attack people with different opinions from you. Very intolerant - like someone else I know.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

roll away the dew
roll away the dew
roll away the dew
roll away the dew
roll away the dew

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

How are Monterey Jack and Cheddar doin' ? Another foot of snow here in Sconnie land.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

I’ve listened to this several times and i’m still not sure what the best part of the show is. A first set with playin>Wheel>playin? A HSF so good that when i was sick the other night, i swear Franklin’s Tower nursed me back to health. An Eyes>Dancin? A Dew filler? That’s not even mentioning the show opening Terrapin or the great Sugaree as well. My lord. That’s really all i can say. My lord.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by 80sfan

....what exactly did Spacebro say that was argumentative? I read "awesome", "nice" and "excellent". Never saw the word hate. I even read it three times.

I LOVE it all. Yup, every year.
I would also LOVE some late 80's or early 90's.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

MJ and C are just hanging around for now :)

Seattle doesn't get much snow. We got hit earlier this week (2 school-closed days), and there is a forecast of a bigger one on the way. 8 inches accumulation.

In Seattle, that's a whole lotta snow.

run me out in the cold rain and snow. or just snow. but I'd rather be indoors getting legally green and listening to the greatest band of all time.

God bless the Grateful Dead!!!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-vol-29-1.html