• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Philips makes a region-free DVD player (or at least they used to) that is pretty inexpensive. I bought one because I have a lot of PAL concert videos.

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

If I had that great tape of 6/17 75, I would give it to Rhino Records for free , under the condition that they make it an official release , so that everybody could enjoy it. Then they could release the Decade box set, one show from every year , 1970 to 1979.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

One of my favorite actors. The speech about the Indianapolis was intense.

. . . lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. . .

He was also tremendous in The Sting.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

Right on.

Missed Bucket List opporunity - Grab a case of ice cold, domestic beer and a bottle, and spend the night singing sea shanties with Quint until the sun comes up or we get eaten by a shark, whichever comes first.

…..Farewell and adieu unto you Spanish ladies
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain.....

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by One Man

Thanks for the explanation of The E72 Complete not as good as could be mixes. As I thought,but, could not remember the budget got in the way of allowing it. I remember the early warnings and delays. At that time I posted that I would pay GD.Net more despite having prepaid if that meant that they would get it right. Oh well. The Holy Grail of box sets was a; Coulda, woulda, shoulda (spelling??).

GD.net it's not to late to remix and produce new E72 discs. How Much? Show Keith some respect and get him back in the mix(said jockingly, mostly, anyway).

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Spent a bunch of time tripping to Easter Everywhere in the 80's, probably still my favorite Elevators album. I had it on cassette from an acquaintance and when CD's first started taking over I spent a bunch of time tracking it down on CD. A few years ago I picked up a small box set The 13th Floor Elevators - The Complete Albums and the album Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators has some cool stuff, including Roller Coaster, a cool tune for sure. At least from my point of view, your enjoyment may vary.
Still mostly listening to this box for my Dead fix, really getting a lot of enjoyment from the whole thing, but 6/10/76 and 6/14/76 are just about perfect shows for me. I did spin the first couple of shows from E'72, but when trying to listen to shows on their anniversary it starts to feel like more of a chore to me, I generally just like to go with a choice based on my current mood. Lately been listening to some Beach Boys, digging those harmonies. The tunes Good Vibrations, Don't Worry Baby, Let Him Run Wild and Girl Don't Tell Me just kind of earwormed into my consciousness a bit lately. Never really know where things are going, but there is assuredly an appropriate soundtrack to whatever it is that's going on in life.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Icecrmcnkd…...thanks for the heads up about the Phillips region free dvd player. If it wasn't for this accursed lockdown ( commendable though it is) I would be out tomorrow to see if they had one in town.

Jim...although I haven't seen that Roky documentary, I had read about what happened to him over the years. That was partly why it was so remarkable to see him up and rocking in 2007 in London. A truly touching occasion - what a recovery ! And what a great night.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Bold probably wasn't the right word. I really just meant enthusiastic about the guy's talent, enough to get me on YouTube looking up songs and discovering they weren't just the Elevators but the 13th floor Elevators lol.

I mentioned Zeppelin because their singer reminded me of Plant so that's where my train of thought went. It's just difficult to really hear him the way he's mixed in the YouTube videos I found.

I'm a casual Doors fan. I haven't heard any of their live stuff, and with the exception of that Greatest Hits double CD, I only really know Peace Frog, Blue Sunday, Soft Parade, Changeling and Hyacinth House. I think he's an exceptional baritone singer, and he seems to stay in that range most of the time. The final "try to set the night on fire" and the final "for you and I" on "Touch Me" stretched his vocal abilities, but I never thought of those moments as crooning, just rockin' out. Perhaps it's not those moments you're speaking of.

Just finished up with the 4/17 Dark Star. I'm starting to feel this one's on par with the first Tivoli Dark Star (although not that one note slow-lo that Jerry plays on the transition into Sugar Magnolia on the 14th; that's one of a kind!)

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

In reply to by daverock

Unless times have changed, shops in the UK always claim that they don’t have region free players. I don't have one myself but I did get one for my neighbour. As always, I got it from amazon.co.uk. Search for region free DVD players and a huge choice appears, or at least it did a few years ago.

I’ve heard the first four concerts from the 1976 box and have enjoyed them all, the repetition doesn’t annoy me and I like cowboy songs. Hopefully I’ll get to the last show tomorrow. The ‘Playing in the band’ from the first show was particularly good and I think the ‘Lazy Lightning/Supplication’ improvisations are really good.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

In reply to by billy the kid

Agreed on getting original reel to the vault. For all we know, it's already there. Or lost forever. That was 45 years ago.

Help on the Way before Hunter had finalized the lyrics. The best Crazy Fingers ever. Etc. Plus some good old GD rockin'. I still have the cassette from 1975. I dubbed it to 2 CDs probably 20 years ago. Still sounds good to me.

Is this available in taping circles?

I have a good board (Jamie Waddell, Kevin Tobin, GEMS) of this show. There are other versions that circulate, but mine sounds pretty good.. let me know anyone wants it. I love those old, slow tempo Peggy-O's (I like the faster ones too!).

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

It's my favorite version of Crazy Fingers also. The show was fun. Sat outside with a six pack of Falstaff beer and when the doors opened, ran inside and sat in the first row of the balcony. It was cool because Kingfish and Keith and Donna also played. I'd seen Kingfish and Jerry Garcia play the week before at El Camino Park in Palo Alto. I'm so happy that you mentioned the great quality reel to reel tape of this show, that gives me hope that this show will come out someday.

Got mine on Amazon several years ago.
Stores here generally only sell NTSC players.
The Philips I bought plays NTSC and PAL, and I think video-CD too.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

I first heard of them in an article in Relix magazine a loooooong time ago.

Finally got Easter Everywhere about 10-15 years ago, and then Psychedelic Sounds and Bull of the Woods and a compilation.

Phenomenal music and lyrics.

I saw the documentary sometime in the past in a little theater on Capitol Hill.

Roky came to Seattle for Bumbershoot about 8-10 years ago. That was a cool performance. I had the family with me and not a whole lotta cash, so I didn't wait in line to buy his CD and get his autograph and meet him.

One of my sons appreciates having had the opportunity to see a living legend.

If I made a favorite bands list...first of all, the GD are a given, in a league by themselves, they are life.

Then comes other bands:

Motorhead
Melvins
Swans
13th Floor Elevators
Pink Floyd
MOI/Zappa
Joy Division
X
Husker Du

My list of what’s on a HD shows that I have the following copies:

96125.sbd.gems
87560.bertrando.pitch-fixed
a copy with no ID number

Haven’t listened to any of them before. Will work on getting one of the shows onto my music player some time this week.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Someday, I'd love to hear that. I was under the impression there was no board made, I thought Lemieux confirmed that. The original reel in my chain sure sounded like a board with lots of ambience; we know now it's an aud.

But don't mail anything, I don't want to send you to the Post Office right now.....

For everyone else, this is the Holy Grail of '75 to my ears. Billy the Kid is one lucky mo' fo'! And the Falstaff story reminds me not to be ashamed that I love Hamms, in, er, moderation.

It says Soundboard on the lineage and certainly sounds like one.. There are Matrix tapes too. My guess is Lemieux's comment meant the reels were not in the vault not that they did not exist, and we all know what that means..

If you are curious, go Archive.org and check it out for yourself, all these recordings that float around are the same digital files that were transferred to the archive all those years ago.

I've got the GEMS one in lossless .wav and have created metadata, but can make it flac or alac or whatever. I would bet money I have others.. just haven't gone through the trouble to convert/tag/create the metadata, etc.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

From my anti virus shelter in Spain.

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart...

I don't know where it is my June boxset, maybe in switzerland, I don't know.

Thinking about it: it's been like 2 years since I last wrote something here?

I hope you all be well, stay in your houses, be careful.

We will get by.

Jesús.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Here we are, the Spanish people fighting this "thing". It's tough, the quarantine, what will happen next, it's very difficult.

But, I want to send a message of hope. There are in the world a lot of struggles, I know. But we really can sort out this situation, and learn a lot.

I mean, hundreds of our best, eldest, people are dying,not only in Spain, around the world, too.

But on the other side, we, the people, we're soldiering on, specially the young people.

Be well, stay healthy, social distancing is the best way to fight this...

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I'd be grateful if you could add me to the list - my copy seems to alternate between about 4 different AUD sources. Almost impossible to listen to. Soundboard would be great.

Anyone need cover art for this show? I compiled this from 2 online sources:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15FM1P8c5s9JEU25tqWKT_MhfA_W3lApT/view?…

Vguy - good to see you mixing up your profile pic. Man you had those red dice forever. Much easier since they updated the website last year. Before the website overhaul it could take days for a new picture to appear.

Stoltzfus - 12/26/69 is also an excellent Dark Star show. I find the recording to be better than any of the BTP shows. But assuming they have the masters in the Vault, BTP would be a great little box set.

Happy Holidays :D

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I'll throw my hat in on this one also. I have a decent copy. I went to archive and found there were a chunk of them. Started going thru, downloaded a Charlie miller one, that sound nice, maybe nice than what I had. After downloading and checking,,, it was very echoey. Ended up deleting and keeping one I had. Maybe I need to go back and check some more. But I do have a nice copy,,, Peggy-O is sounding nice.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Dennis

Willie Nelson is throwing an online 4/20 celebration on YouTube at 4:20 central time and will last for 4 hours and 20 minutes.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

In reply to by Dennis

That Peggy-O is my all time favorite, by far! Jerry at his most melodic, playing sparingly and each solo kinda' mirroring the lyrics.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I listened again last night. It's a really good audience tape but far from a board, but me thinks a matrix would be best.

Also, put Crazy Fingers back to back between 6-17-75 and the August show/One from the Vault. The June version simply blows away the August version.

I'm surprised there's no highly recommended single source or matrix for this show. It's a rarity as a performance and shows the Blues for Allah material largely intact but Help without lyrics. Hunter, bless him, must have been scribbling away backstage!

Edit: Happy 4/20 folks, may there be a large nasty bud in every pot. Oh wait....

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

With all this social distancing, I taken up baking more,,, especially first thing in the morning.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by luis

Hi Luis. . .. I did not believe the rumors, like Paul McCartney is dead, but, we are glad to hear that you are still with us. Let us hope your box set arrives soon. Take care and yes We Will Surrive.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Nice Mark Twain quote.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

disc three of DiP7 September 1974
Blues for Allah CD

I also encourage you to listen to 6/7/80. I have been listening to it gradually while in my car. I am in Space currently. :)))

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Just got New riders field trip album. Suppose to be the opening act for Veneta, probably same tape quality,,, etc, etc.

Why does the dead say "Old Renaissance Faire Grounds", but the Riders call it "Temple Meadow"?

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Sometimes you can be pleasantly shocked. Bought it used for 50 bucks, I think new was 100. But the 'used' section listing on amazon said "like new". Damn thing came today in a nice heavy mylar/comic book type sleeve and WAS new! Like someone like me bought it, ripped it in and stored. I don't think the book has even been opened!

So that was my nice surprise in truth in advertising!

For those in the know, this and the aforementioned new riders will be on gdrive soon.

https://archive.org/details/gd1975-06-17.sbd.GEMS.96125.flac16/gd1975-0…

I went through all these today, I still think this is the best sounding, most complete of the bunch. I see Charlie Miller put up a more recent board, but it's partial.

If you read the notes, this is a board with audience patches and sounds like that to me, i.e. I believe the notes.
I have the Miller too.. One could combine the sources perhaps.. Actually, I have them all.. I haven't given it a deep dive with headphones in years, but this is not an Audience recording except where noted in the notes below. It might not be the best soundboard out there, but... it is what it is and I am not seeing anything head and antlers above the rest that circulates.

Anyway.. I am not partial to any one recording or another. Let me know if you want this or any of the others that appear in the Archive. I appear to have them all.

EAC> SHN

Recorded by Rob Bertrando
Sony ECM-280 mics > Sony TC-152 SD cassette > playback on Nak Dragon > DAT;
audience from Winterland floor, about 30-35' back,
just to the left of dead center.

---------------------------------------------------------
- FLAC conversion 30-NOV-2008
---------------------------------------------------------
Audio Patches:

1) At the beginning of the show, 2 minutes and 42.282 seconds were missing the right channel of the SBD which was filled in using the left channel from the SBD making this portion of tuning\intro a mono recording.

2) 2 minutes and 3 seconds into Crazy Fingers, 20.163 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

3) 2 minutes and 51 seconds into Crazy Fingers, 47.758 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

4) 4 minutes and 57 seconds into Crazy Fingers, 3 minutes and 13.540 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

5) 8 minutes and 46 seconds into Crazy Fingers, 5.891 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

6) 9 minutes and 36 seconds into Crazy Fingers, 47.131 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source. This includes the last notes of Crazy Fingers into the tuning between songs.

7) 1 minutes and 41 seconds into Beat It On Down The Line, 2 minutes and 16.225 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source. This includes the last half of BIODTL into the tuning between songs.

8) Between Deal and Big River, 1 minute and 30.313 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

9) Between Big River and Peggy-O, 43.077 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source. This includes the start of Peggy-O.

10) Between Peggy-O and Me And My Uncle, 51.994 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source.

11) Between Me And My Uncle and Help On The Way, 35.025 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source. This includes the first notes of Help on the Way.

12) Between Sugar Magnolia and US Blues, 07.435 seconds were missing from the SBD source and was filled in with audio from the AUD source. This includes the first notes of US Blues.

13) Timing of this show used the soundboard as the master to which the audience was sync'd to - for the most part the audience ran slightly fast at about .5% which agrees with Rob Bertrando comments about this show. Thank you Rob for a wonderful audience recording.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I re-listened to all of them also and agree. That one is the best of the lot and it was the one I had.

You can check the archive forever, sometimes you just live with what you got. Though, I have (via this forum) been clued in when something better comes along. I think I've re-downed about 6-10 shows.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Thanks for the reminder Hendrixfreak! Not to smoke...don’t need a reminder for that, but for the reminder that it is indeed 420.

I find it interesting that 420 naturally follows after 419 Bicycle Day. Stop drop, roll and toke...Seems exactly just perfect!!!

Oh...and here’s a good article on the origins of 420:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_543854

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Wow............. Here is a fact about myself. Since 1997 I have traveled a lot for work... (3000 plus nights at a Marriott in 24 years) I have not stayed at a hotel for work since February 2..... I have lost weight, and have a 7 day beard going, first one since 1992!!! Just wanted to share something positive... bob t

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

High energy show

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by Vguy72

With all the beer talk.. I had to chime on the excellent bottle of red I opened with dinner. A nice, relatively affordable CA Bordeaux blend.. heavy on the cab franc. There's nothing more disappointing than opening a relatively expensive, mediocre bottle and nothing more gratifying than opening up a mid $20's bottle of excellent wine. It's been sitting in the corner of my fruit cellar in the basement lost for a decade.., trying to both clean out the freezer and clean out the cellar eating (and drinking) all the old stuff that's been lying around.

Beats dressing up in protective garb and venturing to the stores.. now where was I, what to listen to.. decisions. I did hit Dave's #8 and the first 89 Giants Stadium shows over the last couple days.. got in my 80's fix. Heading to the what are you listening to page.. been to busy to participate, but all that is changing.

We need a new release!

Keithfan, thanks for keeping us honest on the E72 front, and thanks to all you peeps for making it weird and keeping it interesting.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

....this site is still clunky. Bookmarks people.
Put two and two together and came up with three. 6.7.80. I knew it sounded familiar. The Folsom Field 15th anniversary shows. Dammit!
The "unofficial" halfway point of the bus ride.

user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

Still waiting for June 76 in France. It is a good oportunity to listen to E72 and all these beautiful Dark stars, wembley, Hamburgh rotterddam, Paris (betty board), Lyceum.
Ripple is the song of the day with the so well named Playing for Change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo1fNnXFVU
you can also check Keb Mo Walking Blues on the same channel.
Stay safe my dear friends

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In France too, I am still waiting for the June 76 box.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html