• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Listened to 4/22/69 from 30 Trips yesterday, and I would say it earns its reputation. I love its low key, meditative start with Dupree's Diamond Blues, and how this segues into Mountains of the Moon and on into Dark Star. The music seems to cast a beautiful unearthly glow. It occurred to me that, whereas the 1972 Playing's have the effect of containing infinity within finite boundaries-the songs intro and triumphant return - Dark Star was more framed by the songs on either side of it than by the verses of the actual Dark Star song. And my favourite entry point to Dark Star, from any point in their career, is Mountains of the Moon.

This morning I went through the great Lovelight from Frankfurt 4/26/72, and its superb journey to Goin' Down the Road.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

On my Black Lab waking me up at 5am to take a leak. He usually makes some dog noises at the door, but last night I fell asleep with the noise cancellation headphones on. I was having a Spicoli dream with a babe on each arm, except instead of being a surfer I was Mick Taylor right before he joined the Stones. It was all I could do to get away from an interviewer and back to my room with these women, one who is actually my neighbor's wife (wtf???) and the other was one of the Playboy centerfold's who adorned my room when I was 10 years old (wall2wall). Weird situation in hindsight - my dad had long since flown the coup and the lady next door used to bring over her husband's last month's Playboy magazines (story for another day). So lol, I'm chuckling just writing this - I'm in this dream trying to get away from this interviewer so I can get these ladies back to my room, and the logic in my mind about the neighbor's wife was if we got caught, we would just tell him she was with the centerfold woman and I was showing them how to read a map to get back home. But the interviewer wouldn't stop asking questions. I felt myself getting impatient in the dream and my manners ran out. I finally said, "listen man, they're licking my face for fuck's sake - we're ready to head out man - come to my room in the morning; we'll have coffee and room service and I'll answer all your questions". The guy told me it was cool and we headed off to a limo. I said ladies, you can stop licking my face now, he's gone. And then all of the sudden they were gone - poof - and my wife was standing there in my dream telling me the dog reaally has to go out. I woke up to this Black Lab licking my face, trying desperately to wake me and let him out.

Jimbo - I read your notes on 6/17/75 and it's definitely the one I have. Just all of the patchwork in Crazy Fingers and the patch at the beginning of U.S. Blues is enough to prove it out. Sounds like I have the best available.

I didn't actually start the morning with the requisite E72 show, which is the one disc "Dead Beat Club" show. This has a fantastic Othe One; at 21 minutes it's short and sweet. I went with Dave's Picks Berkeley, specially modified to kick off with the great Promised Land => Bird Song that DP 36 graced us with. I continue to screw with the set list, going so far as to move Sugar Magnolia up in the order and replace Sunshine Daydream with Bertha, which comes in perfectly on queue (I love Jerry's soloing at the end of Bertha). Heck I even included the soundboard Dark Star => Morning Dew from the night before, simply because "why not?" Audio's almost as good.....

Daverock - I can't wait to get to that 4/26 show Other One you mentioned. If I had to try to come up with some original words to describe its quality.....hmmm.....I guess I would say "it's everything". I mean really, it almost plays out like a '72 Dark Star during the improv bits. I think Jerry was REALLY inspired by Dark Star, Part II on the 24th, and just wanted to continue that unplanned 15 minute bit of genius after Me and My Uncle. Just maybe . Come to think of it, "it's everything" doesn't really describe that 4/26 version of The Other One with the blend of quality and originality I was aiming for- I'd say it's more like "everything AND a bag of chips".

I also recently learned to appreciate 30 Trips 1969 show as so much more than a two-track inferior spin-off of the Fillmore West Complete box set. Set lists are obviously very similar, but this show has some bite to it. I may revist today. Thanks for the reminder.

Stage Banter (Jerry) "This ain't Kentucky man!"

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by daverock

Curiously, considering I mentioned them on here last week, and then got a recommendation for their album by Simon, on the inner sleeve of the 30 Trips cd 4/22/69, their is a reproduction of a concert poster featuring the Dead...and topping the list...Country Weather. Never noticed it before.

Still haven't ordered their album, although I am clearly being led to do so. I'm gradually getting over my worries about ordering things through the post being contaminated. Although, not to make light of things-and apologies for any offence caused - it would be a curiously apposite way for a bloke like me to meet his maker. Being offed by a rare psychedelic album. "It was that Country Weather album", they will say, "he didn't stand a chance."

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Authorities in Bavaria have cancelled this year's Oktoberfest in München. Bad news for Gerd, Gerhard and others. Where will it all end?

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

KF, your 'dream sequence' had me guffawing-out-loud by the end; don't you just LOVE how things in ones dream never truly seem to translate into reality? The dog licking translation from your dream was too funny. Adds some levity to my morning.

Now, what to jump into. Was looking for inspiration going through the most recent comments and I realized I hadn't listened to the Giants box/pre-91 shows in a while (thx Jimmy) so that just might hit the spot.

Otherwise, dive into a great Dark Star or Other One today and take a ride.

Be Well People
Sixtus

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In your cellar or in your garden, a solo bierfest doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Would you have to wear a dirndl to fetch the beer then change into lederhosen to drink it? Whatever, strange times call for strange measures.

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

... I’m listening to Dicks Picks #26 ;recoded on
4/26/69 & 4/27/69! What a Primo Pick of the dicks Pick series! Man, this is where it’s at! 🙏❤️🤠💀🌹

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by simonrob

Simonrob - top part 'hosen, bottom part St. Pauli Girl dress - amirite? Or is it the other way around?
I know I've got a litre glass mug around here somewhere.

Solo Beer Fest = pretty much every day at Clan Sixtus these days.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by simonrob

Simonrob,
well, good thing is I have a garden and I have a cellar.
Another good thing is, I have lederhosen and I have liter steins, -mugs, -glasses and a large variety of fantastic, unique brew around to buy. And I have the choice to get it in bottles or small kegs.
And, there are brothers around in the same miserable position.
So we could get together and listen to e. g. the '76 box and have some fun.
But, box hasn't arrived yet!
A bummer is, no Dirndl serving. Gotta figure something out.
Take care

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Stepping Out w The Dead and Keith's missing piano. Finally got a copy of this (through the magnificent benevolence of a board member)

And wow keith, quite glaring. More like they just forgot to put his track on.

The other day we mention about cd labeling when ripping, how some there, some not, some wrong. While ripping in "stepping out", and I've had this with other albums, but always get a laugh. Songs that have [Live] after the title, ok, on a studio album with a couple of live cuts thrown on, but when I see a live show with chuckle.

TV shows went by the other day. I just caught "first man" (about Neil Armstrong) and the moon stuff. Brought back a memory (which I have every 10 years or so), but who remembers Andy Griffith in a show called "savage 1"?

Andy was a junkyard/scrap dealer who decides he's gonna build a rocket and savage all the stuff left behind on the Moon. I liked as a kid. They only made 20 and only showed 16 before being cancelled. I ended up looking for the show up to see if it was available on disc and like most net lookups you go far too deep and read too much. We all know (or should know) one of the big lines from the moon landing was "the eagle has landed". Well in the Andy show when he makes it to the moon to savage all the shit he says, "the vulture has landed". I certainly didn't remember this from back in the day but had a good laugh.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Dennis

Pre-order is open

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

ICECRMCKD
Have just received message, too. 28 Minutes later. The Pond!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by gratefulgerd

You have got to have a German Beauty wearing a Dirndl serving the beer. Anything else is unacceptable!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by deadegad

@ deadegad
right! Preferably with a lot of Holz vor der Hütt'n.
Less will do, too.
Ha, ha.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Slow Dog Noodle, deadegad, Dennis and all, thank you.

I see I'm not the only one waiting for the boxset to be delivered. Nevermind, I got many releases to listen to. I'll wait for it.

I've just read the track listing of the Dave's Picks 34, it seems spectacular, and the bonus disc could be one of the best.

Meanwhile, I think I will listen again to Dave's Picks 24, I like this show.

Be well.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by luis

Jesus,

It's great to see you back man - one cool Galacean cat. Stay safe my friend.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by daverock

Couldn't agree more DaveRock.

Mountains and Duprees.. I love those subtle soft, flexible songs into the calm waters of Dark Star in the Constantan years . Dicks Picks 26 has some similar moments but this one hasn't grabbed me quite as hard yet.. but give it some time. I really think we are due for another 1969.. and they are in the vault.

As for the transition into GDTRFB from 4/26, it's an all-timer. A couple years ago, I found myself with some free time in the middle of winter on a work day and ended up doing something crazy and fun stuff alone in the backcountry in an enhanced state.. my playlist that fateful day contained the same passage (Lovelight>GDTR) but from Bickershaw. I might just like this a little better. The transition is not quite as good, but just by a hair and I think the Lovelight is stronger, perhaps the strongest of the tour. ..but that segment of music, really Jack Straw though GDTRFB/NFA is amazing. A creative, tight, succinct fluid piece of music. SimonRob was there that day, the longest show of the tour. I think it was a post from VGuy that prodded me to put that show on my device that fateful day. But Bickershaw, wow.. a historic performance, as was Jahrhundert Halle. Well they all were historic performances, weren't they.

Jim...I have just dusted off 4/22/69 for an anniversary listen, and noticed there's one on here too. This is a run, the Ark, Boston April 1969, that is often suggested for a box, and it would be a great choice. If what you say about more 1969 shows possibly being released soon, this would be a perfect run to centre on.

Although Bickershaw was in my general area of growing up-the North West of England, and I had started going to gigs that year, it was before my festival going years started-with Pink Floyd, Knebworth 1975. But the photographs of Bickershaw, with all the cold looking, bedraggled, long haired people reminds me of the mood of the times. Its no wonder Black Sabbath and Hawkwind were so popular. They reflected the stoned North Western British experience to perfection.
But, I digress... Bickershaw was a great show.

user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

No, there's still no sign of the '76 Box in France. How long will it take for the Dave's Pick to get here?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

51 years ago, unbelievable. Just listened to it.
Turn On Your Lovelight got me.
Pigpen wound up, full of energy, awesome.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by gratefulgerd

A great run.. a very popular box suggestion. I do think we are do and I also think there is a good bit of quality 69 in the vault.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Box No. 9146 arrived safely to my home today, south of Germany close to the austrian border, what a good timing......yiiiiipiiiih!!!
Still waiting for the DaP33, had contact to CustomerService, they are doing home office they said, once they are
back the will send a replacement to me - well, I got time, hope......and a BOX!
Grateful Greetings to all of you out there,
Stay home
Stay healthy
Keep calm
Play Dead

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

But my tracking has been updated for the first time since 28 march(!)
Repeating the exact same message yesterday as 28 march: parcel has left the international distribution center.
(Which it had already done on march 28!)
So still the wrong side of the pond.....

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

As of yesterday this is the tracking message:

Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on April 24, 2020 at 9:39 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

By the end of March the package was in New York. I made a phone call to USPS Sweden a week ago or so and they said the box set was being shipped by boat to Europe. So I guess I still have to expect a long wait?

Micke Östlund,
Växjö, Sweden

I was waiting too.
What I found out, the transatlantic shipping to Germany was made by UPS/air on behalf of USPS.
Domestic shipping was done by regular postal Service, here DHL.
Funny thing is, tracking says arrival Germany on March 28, same day as yours, but on this side of the Atlantic.
I guess, box was probably held up at the customs office because of staff shortage in these strange days. But who knows?
Dogon I'd sent you a pm. Gerd

Great to hear the boxes are beginning to arrive in Europe (and hopefully elsewhere).. Fill us in on what you think, to me it exceeded expectations, always a bonus. I think I liked the first two shows the best.. Lucky Boston.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

My Box arrived in Germany on 3/23 via UPS. Yesterday I received a note from DHL that my box finally arrived on my island. Will pick it up tomorrow. Taxes EUR 20.85 and addtitional costs of EUR 6.00. About EUR 12. 00 less as expected. Stay safe
JJ

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

In reply to by JJ Fehmarn

Great news for you!!! Are you on Ost Friesenland?? Enjoy the music JJ!

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by deadegad

I'm living on the Isle Of Fehmarn, famous for Jimi Hendrix last official concert at the "Love & Peace Festival" 1970.
The Isle Of Fehmarn in the northern part in Germany is situated on the east coast of Mecklenburg Bay, your mentioned Friesland is on the west coast - where the water is running away in regulary terms.
By the way, my last five:
Derek & The Dominoes - Live Fillmore (Vinyl)
David Crosby - Here If You Listen (Vinyl)
Eddie Vedder - Berlin 2019 (CDR)
GD - Dominguez Hills 5/5/90 (CDR)
Tamikrest - Tamotait

Let there be songs to fill the air

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

way up in the North, only a short step to Sweden.
I'll bet, boxes will arrive in Sweden next week.
Gerd

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

I just took the Google Earth trip to Fehmarn and it looks wonderful!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I hope I will get my box soon. And I do hope it hasn't already been here and gone back to Rhino and that's why it was last seen in Los Angeles. I have been in contact as well with the Swedish postal service and due to them it hadn't arrived yet 1-2 weeks ago. They could find one of the tracking numbers but so could I and we had the same information about the package. But my feeling is that I will eventually get it ... :-)

Micke Östlund,
Växjö, Sweden

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 1 month

Well Micke, Skåne is closer to Fehmarn than Växjö...
The race is on!
(And not for the first time)

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Dogon

will continue when DaP 34 is shipped
G.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

Not only in Sweden folks are waiting. Also here in Franconia, Southern Germany not the bloodiest wee clue where this box might be and when it eventually may arrive. Congratulations to all of you who got already. Enjoy it and stay healthy and do not use bad chemicals. May be not funny.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 3 months

In reply to by gerhard

No sign of the box in Norway either - and no further information on either ups or usps pages. I wonder why they can't just admit that the whole corona-situation causes huge delays. As I have understood the situation, this time Dead.net store chose to send the european packages via UPS mail innovation (what a misleading name...). There'is probably a big container somewhere with all our boxes in it - and hopefully they arrive before the release of the next box this year. My box was for many weeks in LA, then prosessed through a facility in New York and is now in transit from april 22nd.
For the good of all our nerves, please keep posting updates on shipment here, there is allways better to share the anxiety of not getting boxes and cds than sit alon and press refresh on tracking several times a day.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by gerhard

box is on it's way. I'm positive, you'll get your box this week.
Bavarian authorities, if customs, police, etc., are always more strictly than the ones in the rest of Germany.
Well, that's the only bad thing about Bavaria.
Today, my wife and I did some hiking in the Rhön-Mountains.
For some reason I didn't lock the car. After we returned I had a ticket on my driver's seat, 15 Euros punishment, issued by Bavarian police, for not locking the car.
Nevertheless I can be lucky, they didn't take the CD's I had with me, out of the box, June 14, '76.
I wonder if you could get a ticket in the US, Sweden, Netherlands or elsewhere, for not locking your car.
Gerhard, alles wird gut
G.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Especially for the germanheads who are still waiting here comes the delivery itinerary of #5928:

3/17/20 Fantana, CA -> UPS
3/23/20 landing in Germany (probably Frankfurt)
From this date on no further informations available till 04/25/20. As far as I can sort it out today:
04/18/20 costums check
04/23/20 box -> DHL
04/25/20 box arrived, got a notice on my front door
04/27/20 box could picked up at post Office

Glad dead.net put on a value of USD 120 on the declaration so it saved about EUR 12 on taxes.

Hope all others who are still waiting will receive their box within the next days and maybe DP34 more faster.

Greetings to all from the sunny Isle of Fehmarn, stay safe

JJ

you're right. Good luck, CD's were still there.
Cops probably got high on issueing a ticket for that crimnal act of not locking the car and failed to see the gems.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html