• 1,034 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Welcome to the 10th year of the Dave's Picks series! We're amazed and humbled that this community of Dave's Picks fans keeps growing, and we just wanted to let you know how much we sincerely appreciate your support of and interest in the series. We started in 2012 with 12,000 of each release, and now we've more doubled that, with 25,000 in 2021. Wow! We keep working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best, most exciting Grateful Dead shows in the vault. Our 2020 releases included music from 1977, 1974, 1984, and the latest, biggest release yet in the series, the two complete Hartford shows from 1987. Looking ahead, we've selected two exceptional, A+ Dead shows for Vol. 37 (more on that in the video below) and 38, as well as the Bonus Disc that will come with Vol. 38. Big year ahead! As we head into the 10th year of the series, there's no end in sight. We love what we do, and have loads of plans and ideas for the next few years. Onward to more great music!"

David Lemieux
    October 2020

Times may be trying but the music has never and will never stop! Keep the momentum going by doing the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2021 subscription. We're taking the production run up one final time - to 25,000 - for each of the four Dave's Picks 2021 releases. We'll also be doing things a wee bit differently this year - subscribers will be the first to receive their Dave's Picks. A la carte sales will go up on street date (no more pre-orders) and if you don't subscribe - we highly encourage you to - you'll want to be ready and waiting because these releases sell out within hours. Hours - no hyperbole.

In addition to the four releases in 2021, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • digitalseva

Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People. You Can also visit our blog ZIP Code, lets check this site:

S.Gupta

• icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye.

• iainm
    Default Avatar

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I note that some subscribers have not received Dave's Picks 36. I did manage to get that one. However my copies of Dave's Picks 33 and Dave's Picks 35 went missing in action and I've not heard anything back from the store despite me sending them the details of the shipping notification / invoices that they were looking for. I appreciate that international shipping was a problem at the height of the pandemic but I am stuck having paid for 4 release but I've only received 2.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the attention of someone to help with this ?

• icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye.

• Funcrushed
    Default Avatar

I really can't believe I have to make this comment. This is the fourth time I have been given the Dave's Picks subscription as a gift, and the first time I have to say something. For some reason, after purchasing the subscription in early November, for some unknown reason it was refunded months later with no indication or explanation given. It wasn't even noticed by us for another month, and by this point, and even if it was noticed immediately, the subscription was already sold out. How is this a good way to do business? After all this, we were given a boilerplate excuse and 15% percent off our next purchase, like that would make up for missing out on four previously unreleased live dead shows. It has pretty much ensured that I will never purchase another single thing from dead.net. It wouldn't be so bad if they had even attempted to explain WHY this had happened in the first place, but they'd rather lose someone who has been loyally purchasing merch from for a decade. We are very disappointed, with no explanation, or email given; we were not even sure what the refund was, until it was finally figured out that this was a refund for our dave's picks subscription. It took active sleuthing to even figure out this was what the refund was for. This is unacceptable, when we purchased this subscription in good faith, a print out was given as a present to someone, and then it was refunded with zero communication.

• 1stshow70878

Steaming Bean brand! The lots I get from City Market are smoke roasted locally in Telluride. Absolutely dusts anything from the Star. So many good roasts. Their Organic Mountain Harvest my favorite blend. They make a mean French Roast and their signature Black Canyon Roast (med.-dark) kept me alive at 3:30 AM baking the bagels at Backstreet Bagel & Deli years ago here in Montrose. Cheers!

• wilfredtjones

I am innocently wondering if the shipping snafus are attributable to the messed up state of USPS, Dead.net or a some combination of both.

I am truly feeling for those that are still waiting. I hope you eventually come to get the sets which are rightfully yours.

• blackdog68
    Default Avatar

"when the music's over, turn off the lights" as a subscriber

• blackdog68
    Default Avatar

Hey Dave! I'm still waiting on 36. I know it's weird out there, but my music shop fights through and honors it's debts

Ex- long time subscriber

• Colin Gould

It depends which Dennis the Menace you are talking about. The US version has, according to Wikipedia, a dog called Ruff (and a cat called Hot Dog). The UK version from ‘The Beano’ comic has a dog called Gnasher. Amazingly, the two characters were created at the same time separated by the Atlantic.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

"Welcome to the 10th year of the Dave's Picks series! We're amazed and humbled that this community of Dave's Picks fans keeps growing, and we just wanted to let you know how much we sincerely appreciate your support of and interest in the series. We started in 2012 with 12,000 of each release, and now we've more doubled that, with 25,000 in 2021. Wow! We keep working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best, most exciting Grateful Dead shows in the vault. Our 2020 releases included music from 1977, 1974, 1984, and the latest, biggest release yet in the series, the two complete Hartford shows from 1987. Looking ahead, we've selected two exceptional, A+ Dead shows for Vol. 37 (more on that in the video below) and 38, as well as the Bonus Disc that will come with Vol. 38. Big year ahead! As we head into the 10th year of the series, there's no end in sight. We love what we do, and have loads of plans and ideas for the next few years. Onward to more great music!"

David Lemieux
October 2020

Times may be trying but the music has never and will never stop! Keep the momentum going by doing the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2021 subscription. We're taking the production run up one final time - to 25,000 - for each of the four Dave's Picks 2021 releases. We'll also be doing things a wee bit differently this year - subscribers will be the first to receive their Dave's Picks. A la carte sales will go up on street date (no more pre-orders) and if you don't subscribe - we highly encourage you to - you'll want to be ready and waiting because these releases sell out within hours. Hours - no hyperbole.

In addition to the four releases in 2021, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

The 29th January date is shown as the DaP #37 release date on my subscription order. All other dates for the dispatch are unknown but they’re coming soon :)

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

Larry King was the GOAT when it came to talk radio, on any subject and any manner. Just an outstanding and upstanding guy. May the four winds blow him safely home.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I too enjoyed Larry King's sardonic wit and warmth over the years... just wondering when the long-rumored "Larry King's Secrets To A Happy Marriage" book will be coming out?

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by LedDed

Ha. It would have been a best seller, a lost opportunity of sorts. RIP LK.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Right-o. I have definitely noticed a beer gut forming due to limited access to shopping and hiking. A keg party is definitely overdue.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

50 years ago today……………….

January 24, 1971
Seattle Center Arena, Seattle, Washington

Truckin'-China Cat Sunflower >I Know You Rider-It Hurts Me Too-Cumberland Blues-Casey Jones-Sugar Magnolia-Hard To Handle-Turn On Your Lovelight >Not Fade Away >Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad >Turn On Your Lovelight >Drums >Good Lovin'-Uncle John’s Band

It is unclear if this is two separate sets or one long set. There are no audible set breaks or announcements on the circulating soundboard tape. On the commonly circulating Lai soundboard remaster there is approximately 45 seconds of Good Lovin’ after the drums segment. The conclusion of the Good Lovin’ (estimated length 20 minutes) and the show-closing Uncle John’s Band appeared on the deadnet Tapers Section in either December 2012 or January 2013.

The last show before the first seismic change of 1971...........

Clearly, sonically the best of the three January 1971 shows. Hard rocking, with a generous helping of greasy Pigpen material. A fine early 1971 example of the “sledgehammer approach”. Recommended!!

Rock on,

Doc
In 1905 Albert discovered Relativity, in 1906 he invented Rock and Roll

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Based on the last 3 months of ordering and (not) receiving items in anything close to a reasonable time frame, I am DONE tracking, worrying, thinking, waiting, etc. IF my order ships/arrives, I’ll be ever so grateful. I have driven myself NUTS following my cds around and around these 50 great states. I have enough crap to drive me nuts already. This is EXTREMELY difficult, as I am sure most of you are just like me. I want it, and I want it now. Patience is not my game, but I’m going to try and learn it. In the end, I have no fu@@ing choice!! Peace to all.

I WANT MY MUSIC!!😖😫😭😩☹️

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Possibly a name not known to the majority but John Russell who has recently died was a prolific guitarist on the, mainly London, free improv circuit. I am currently playing the Emanem reissue of the ‘Teatime’ album from 1975 that includes his playing in memory of his passing. Coincidently, I am currently reading the new Trevor Barre book “The London Musicians’ Collective”. John Russell was one of the founding members.

Miller torrent on Lossless Legs.
gd1971-01-24.150274.sbd.miller.flac16

https://www.shnflac.net/download.php?id=48b75340a888c18ca8ddf952f08602d…

Recording Info:
SBD > Master Reel > Cassette > DAT (44.1k)

Transfer Info:
DAT (Tascam DA-40) > Tascam DA-3000 > Samplitide Pro X5 Suite > FLAC
(2 Discs Audio / 1 Disc FLAC)

Patch Info:
SBD > Master Reel (dead.net taper's section stream)
Good Lovin (0:40 - end of track)
Uncle John's Band (complete track)

All Transfers and Mastering by Charlie Miller
June 24, 2020

Notes:
-- Thanks to Joe B. Jones for confirming the pitch

Setlist:
01 - Truckin'
02 - China Cat Sunflower >
03 - I Know You Rider
04 - It Hurts Me Too
05 - Cumberland Blues
06 - Casey Jones
07 - Sugar Magnolia
08 - Hard To Handle
09 - Turn On Your Lovelight >
10 - Not Fade Away >
11 - Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad >
12 - Turn On Your Lovelight >
13 - Drums >
14 - Good Lovin'
15 - Uncle John's Band

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by fourwindsblow

That’s the infamous ‘2020 2nd Box’ that was inferred from Dave’s chat regarding something that needed to be able to breath in the fall.
It was delayed due to Covid.
Thus, there should still be another 2021 Box.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

2021 Box
Doc’s Picks 71 Box

2022 Box
HF’s Picks Fall 72 Box

2023 Box
All ABB/GD 73 shows

2024 Box
All remaining unreleased 74 shows.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

....Sept '70 Fillmore East soundboards. Because time travel by then.
Firing up the John Deere.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

IceCreamed, you unilaterally decide to delay MY '72 box to next year, while Vguy is talkin' 2025???

Hold on just one doggone minute, pleeeez! Let's look at the "facts" through the lens of my personal hallucinations.

First off, look at 2020 -- DL combined the band's two most iconic LPs' 50th anniversary with '71 shows. Couple points here. The synching of releases to present year is purely a thing with the 50th anniversary projects themselves, not the boxes. That said, DL has hinted that the Wake of the Flood 50th is coming this year, as DL noted they would speed the anniversary process, so the next one, Blues for Allah, will come in 2022, not 2025. But the accompanying shows may or may not synch up, as we saw with last year's two 50th releases. There's a dearth of '70 shows in the Vault, so DL couldn't spare two '70 shows in 2020. Thus, he used two '71 shows because they were already mixed in the can. So bets are off that the 2021 box means '71 or that 2022 means '72. (Besides, we just got two '71 shows last year.)

With 'Wake' coming out with a '73 show attached (watch it be a two-disc Watkins Glen soundcheck, woo-hoo!) and with 73-74 having been covered by the 2018 box, you have to look at what key year hasn't been covered recently. The last '72 show released was 8-25-72 and that was in 2017. (Three and a half years later, I still remember how much I enjoyed the first set...)

I mean, I've never been wrong before. Except on every single box prediction.

All roads lead to '72 this year. You've heard it here constantly since.... gawd, how long have I been prattling on about a '72 box???

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

It could have been Oakland December '80? Looks like they were all recorded MSR.

I think I would rather have this box.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

There's some blather on 'another forum' that DL teased that the box might be acoustic '80, as in the leftovers from Warfield/Radio City/New Orleans shows.

Of course, I read that immediately following my latest '72 rant.

At least I was right about being consistently wrong................

user picture

Member for

4 years

Dave has mentioned a few times on Twitter that the tapes of much of the Warfield and RCMH run were erased (recorded over, actually) in the early 1980s. Unless there is an update, it seems unlikely they can do a box.

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

Box set talk, one of my favorite subjects. A December 1980 box would be cool, I went to all those shows. I heard someone on here talking about an April 1969 Avalon Box set, now that would be right up my alley. I like those April Avalon shows better then the Ark shows from April. But what the heck, they could release them both as an Avalon/Ark box set, and everybody would be stoked. Of course there is always the complete Oct 1974 Winterland audio and video box set, that would sell out in minutes . I'm sure it will be cool whatever it is that they release.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by pkb

Hendrixfreak, what was the other forum you were looking at with Dave L. talking about the 2021 box set? That would interesting to check out.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

All this Box Talk.
Many thoughts brewing.

As I sonically embraced 10/14/89 the other night, I was like, Man, they need to release this whole run. We already have Nightfall of Diamonds, but the others surrounding that show are really really good, too. I keep going back to the orphan Scarlet Begonias in this second set, it's a good one at almost 13 minutes and indicative of the corners they were turning. I may also assume the entire run is on 24-track, eh? Similar to Nightfall. Here's 10/14 for that Scarlet:

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-10-14.147664.UltraMatrix.sbd.cm.mill…

Rock on. And Bring on the BOX(es). Not to be greedy....but, yeah Boxes.
Sixtus

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Check PM

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Tried to PM you, but the message thingy doesn't recognize your tag.

Steve Hoffman Music forums. Plug in Dave's Picks 2021. See page 39 of discussion.

I thought it rude to mention another forum here. But DL was playing Reckoning on some platform and a commenter suggested it sounded like DL had acoustic '80 in mind for a box. It appears as if DL assented. I think the info is solid, just a matter of whether DL was being honest and blowing the surprise factor or whether he was being coy and keeping us guessing.

If we make it to spring, I guess we'll know.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by hendrixfreak

Fall 1972 would be good, but1969 is the one that would make my pupils dilate. Or 1968.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by hendrixfreak

Thanks HF, I will do my best to try and hunt that info down. Who knows when they will release their 2021 boxset. It could be in the fall.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Yo! Rockers!!!

I don't think TPTB like anniversaries, so I think a 71 box is out for this year.

Y'know, there have been a few 1980 A/E shows leaking out lately, maybe a preview of coming box attractions?

TPTB probably get tired of me advocating for a Fall 1972 Texas box. How about this:
February 1973 box:
2/9
2/15
2/17
2/19

Just a thought...……………

Rock on,

Doc
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Yes, I too have read that some reels from the '80 acoustic shows were recorded over. But somewhere in the discussion it became apparent that there's still plenty of material there. The sheer number of shows means that leftovers could be generous. In light of that, or in spite of that, DL did put out those two full acoustic shows, what, two years ago, for RSD. Wonder if that led him to take inventory and he liked what he saw. On the other hand, I should think he'd have to have enough material for at least four one-hour discs to call it a box. And one would hope his standards would demand a few songs that haven't appeared yet on any release. So, 15 Warfield shows, 2 in NO, and 8 at RCMH. That's 25 shows. At least four acoustic shows' worth has been released: Reckoning and the RSD release. If half the shows were 'wiped,' that leaves ~12, of which ~4 have been released. So it's possible to do a box, if I'm anywhere near correct. (A phrase I'll have to remember to use in the future...)

If not, '68, '69 or .................. '72 will still get my money!

P.S. Hey Doc, genuinely glad to see you here and posting about '71. And '73. Thanks for everything, for real.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

This isolation has given me motor-mouth!

Not to suggest that an acoustic '80 box is likely, but I did check and these shows were recorded by Betty and the RSD two-show release from Oct. 9 & 10 was 'courtesy of ABCD Enterprises, which means they were among the returned Betty Boards. SO... that kinda ups the ante, no?

Okay, I'll stop.

Dave did comment on them during one of the Shakedown Streams. Some were recorded over, but not all of them.

No idea if the list of returned reels is accurate, but it only lists acoustic as being on reels. There were cassettes returned too.
If those cassettes could be matrixed to sound like 11-30-80 that could work as a supplement to what exists on the remaining reels.

http://jgmf.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-new-alphabet-abcd-gd.html

I have a little spreadhseet where I'm tracking taper info and ABCD stuff, and I think I missed that. (Indeed, apparently last updated it with Giants Stadium Box and missed the Warfield release, and last opened it exactly a year ago oddly enough.) And I would assume those are 2 track Bettys, not the 16 track masters that she also taped, which would be the ones that got erased or taped over, because enough tidbits got out over the years about what was in there that you would think 16 track recordings of that many shows would have stood out, and wouldn't think even Betty would have gear at home to run those in her spare time, and they wouldn't want tapes for a live album being auctioned off. But, the Port Chester tapes were in there, so I guess best not to assume for fear of becoming an ass. If they do indeed have some returned 16 tracks from that run and are planning a box from it, I would rather they spend the time Plangent Processing them, while releasing both of Doc's suggestions: Fall '72 in Tejas plus those early Feb '73 shows to demonstrate the remarkable change 3 months made. It would be an even starker contrast than PacNW '73-'74. Plus, it would be some amazing shows.

Finally starting to listen to DaP 36 (still haven't gotten my order, but this one I bought on ebay), and I like the Matrix. The crowd does get a little annoying, but it's realistic, and SBDs have spoilt me. The best part of the matrix is Phil being audible, and you can feel him, too. Still in 1st set, but already better than same place on DaP 35.

I, for one, will bow to our Early '73 Overlords any day of the week.
Doc's delicious 'First Four of Seventy Three' ring true.
What a tasty celebratory quad-fecta.
If ever there was a delight....Powers-that-Be, kindly take notice.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

In reply to by JimInMD

To say I just finished a nice little documentary from PBS called Tuxedo Park about a rich science enthusiast who helped develop radar that won WWII, and was looking for something new, and lo and behold, Amazon has added Festival Express, and just before I hit play, in the suggestions beneath that was Grateful Dawg. For those that know neither of these, Festival Express documents the raucous train festival musical carnival of the Dead, Janis Joplin, The Band, Buddy Guy, and others as they traverse Canada emptying liquor stores, literally, along the way. Haven't seen it since it came out 15 years ago. Grateful Dawg is a documentary about Jerry's relationships with David Grisman and bluegrass. Haven't seen that in years, either. If you've got Prime, you can watch them free. The Tuxedo Park thing you may need a PBS add on subscription, but you get a ton of PBS documentaries with it... continue on wayward sons and daughters...

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

So where are the shipping notices already??!???! It’s the end of January

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by adedhed68

ADEDHED68 - No, not that I am aware. Soon I suspect. Or as Robert Hunter once wrote, 'gonna get there, I don't know.'

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Thanks JiminMD, I guess they’re doing things differently now that they’re not putting a la carte up for sale until the release date (1/29). I just would’ve thought that the subscribers Daves 37 would have shipped by now

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I too have just received a shipping notice. Maybe from now on its not going to be America first!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

From my own European experience I have not had any problems with mail innovations. Other Europeans certainly have had shipping problems but whether that is down to mail innovations is not obvious. Punters in the United States are the ones who seem to get the runaround from mail innovations with packages following bizarre routes around the country or simply disappearing into a black hole somewhere. It is both sad and absurd that some folks are still waiting for their copies of Dave's Picks 36.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

This would be a good Seinfeld bit. What is the deal with mail innovations? There's no need for innovations to the mail. I ordered something, just send it over. As fast as possible. Thats it. Save your innovations for space travel.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

OK, I'll put in my 2 pence for a box. I nominate Doc to consult with Dave, and to choose a "Best Of '71" box.

I DON"T want a shipping notice. Gonna pretend I didn't order sub. and be surprised when they show.

To Colin, SimonRob, DAVEROCK and all of our European friends, I appreciate that you make little comments that let us know you all understand that most(all??) of us are ashamed of the crap that has been happening here lately. Just proof that politicians F**K it up for all of us.

Music is the Best!!

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Here's food for thought from our long-lost friend "Kate," who used the runner symbol as her avatar. She posted this list from some (unknown to me) version of the returned Bettys on the SH Forum. My notes are in brackets, based on a Wikipedia listing of the expanded Reckoning set issued in 2004. (Original reckoning issued 1981.)

1980 - 11 REELS
09-27-80 SF CA, 2 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [nothing used from this date on Reckoning]
10-04-80 SF CA, 2 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [nothing used from this date on Reckoning]
10-06-80 SF CA, 2 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [nothing used from this date on Reckoning]
10-09-80 SF CA, 2 x 7” REELS Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [released last year]
10-10-80 SF CA, 1 x 7” REEL Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [released last year]
10-11-80 SF CA, 1 x 7” REEL Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [two trx released on Reckoning]
10-13-80 SF CA, 1 x 7” REEL Nagra 1/2trk 7.5ips Acoustic [two trx released on Reckoning]

That's five soundboard shows (minus 4 trx) that haven't seen release.

Cassettes
9/25/80 Warfield = 1 [nothing used from this date on Reckoning]
10/9/80 Warfield = 3 (labeled as 10/7) [soundboard released last year]
10/13/80 Warfield = 3 [two tracks released on Reckoning]
10/14/80 Warfield = 4 [four tracks released on Reckoning]

That's eight cassettes of three shows, minus 6 tracks already issued.

So, if this is accurate, DL actually as a shit-ton of acoustic '80 material on hand. The Compendium only lists audience tapes for the intervening NO shows. But if there are soundboards, that adds to the trove.

2019's RSD release reflects the fact that the acoustic Warfield sets were about 9-10 songs each. So the soundboards listed above would hold ~45 songs, of which four have been released. That leaves ~40 songs in the can. I do notice that one reel held the entire 10-9-80 set, whereas the 10-10-80 set is captured on two reels. So my math may be off.

On the cassette front, how much music is on 8 cassettes is anyone's guess. If I suppose those are 90 minute tapes, they'd get an entire set per cassette, with possible cuts due to the tape flip. But if 8 cassettes hold three entire shows or 27 songs minus six already released, that's ~20 more songs in the can.

So, this speculative post would suppose possibly 60 unreleased songs. (~80, if the NO shows were taped.) Now, to the curating... imagine that there's a few clunkers in there. Shave it down to 50 songs. Then there's the question of the wisdom of song repeats. If the curation is done chronologically, akin to the Owsley Stanley Foundation archival approach, then song repeats are no obstacle. (In fact, then you add in the 10 tracks that have been released, which would appear in context in their respective shows.) Still, if you go with 10 songs/tracks per disc, that's 5 discs. 7 discs if the NO shows exist in good form.

Would DL go with a 4-5-7 disc 'box'? Seems possible, even if it's not this year's premier ('72) box. In my obviously overheated imagination -- gawd, a year of house arrest has me in its maw -- here's my wish list for 2021:

April '78 coming soon.
9-7 & 9-8-73 w/bonus due in April. (I caught 9-8-73 in person, so yea!)
(4) disc mini-box of Warfield acoustic performances; RSD release?
(4) show/(12) disc med-sized box from fall '72
Two more DP's to finish the subscription year.

Coffee very strong today, I'd hazard to guess.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Interesting to get it before the product announcement. I guess they did say they changed shipping formats so subscribers would receive them first.

For box sets, Alpine '89, Red Rocks (any and all years), Greek Box (any and all years), RFK '73 Allman/Dead box.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Speaking of Fall 1972, I notice that Real Gone are releasing Dicks Picks 36 on vinyl in March.

And speaking of Allmans/Dead, I have been dipping into the February 1970 Fillmore East run today. That would make a good box, too.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-2021-subscription.html