• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
    Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
    Producer's Note by David Lemieux
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
    Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cheryleula

Thank You!

• Slow Dog Noodle

just noticed this says sold out. Its about time. I don't know what took so long. This is a fantastic box set.

• eyes43

The first two listening days players are mixed up, on the main page for the July 78 box set. Just thought admin might want to fix that! Peace!

• perithecat

marye , could you have a look at my order number if you can 137400000224478
    ordered on nov 27th and still nothing . any help would be appreciated .

• ecce homo
    Default Avatar
    July 1978: The Complete Recordings delivered today

Hi just an bit of info for people who were in a similar position to me: I ordered the Box Set (as part of a larger order) on 9-21-19, and it arrived today, so a little over 3 months later. I had written CS once (on November 26) and received a reply on December 3 from Warner Music Group Customer Service which read, in part:

Due to a complex warehouse move we now have a significant backlog of both customer inquiries and shipments, and as a result we haven’t been able to deliver at the level that we pride ourselves on.
    For those waiting on their orders, while we wish we could give you an exact estimate as to when your order will ship, we are still awaiting the exact order status details that we urgently want to get to you.
    We are putting 100% of our focus and dedication into a solution to this shipping delay, and are currently working with our warehouse partner to send out outstanding orders.
    We wish we had been able to have communicated this to you sooner, but we had relied on assurances from our warehouse partner that they would be able to quickly resolve the backlog of orders, and they haven’t been able to honor this commitment. We must again apologize for this delay in reaching out to you.
    While it is not our place to be making requests of you, we do hope that you will continue to be patient with us, as we work through these issues and work with our current partner to ship out your order as soon as possible.
    We are genuinely sorry for the delay and inconvenience associated with your order, and we thank you for your patience and understanding to date.

HANG IN THERE FELLOW DEADHEADS!!!!!! AS ALWAYS IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT.
    However, I don't see the Box Set currently listed for sale on the Dead's site right now either? My S/N was 091xx of 15000.
    Peace and Happy Hanukkah!

• carlo13

Merry x-mas to you too. Now the july 78 box completely disappeared from the site which makes me nervous. There were still a bunch left too.

• RobbZ

I feel for you, man. I made the mistake of ordering a simple CD (Terrapin Limited--3/15/90) for a Christmas gift some three weeks ago. Alas, it still sits in a "processing" status. Email requests have been answered with the same "robo-response" bullshit. And what makes it even more frustrating is dead.net had absolutely zero problems charging my credit card the day I ordered it...that portion of their logistical process seems to run flawlessly! And by comparison, I ordered other Christmas gifts from the Foo Fighters, Rush, and Pearl Jam websites the same day as my Dead order, and holy shit, like magic, all their merchandise arrived, as ordered, in less than a week.
    This "we're moving our warehouse" excuse has grown pathetic and old...any logistical issues dead.net is having should be transparent to the customer! But allow me to end my complaints with a few suggestions, as I'm the kind of person who won't complain without bringing some solutions to the table....: (1) SHUT DOWN ALL SALES UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO COMPLETE AN ORDER! (2) DO NOT CHARGE THE CUSTOMER UNTIL AFTER A PRODUCT SHIPS!

Merry Christmas All---and Carlo, if you're really Jonesin for those 78 shows, PM me (if it works) I'm sure I have a copy's I could share

• fourwindsblow

It may take a little time be patient.

"Due to a high-volume of email traffic, there will be a delay in response time".

• Kengoesto11

Wish I knew. I was hoping to confirm that the order will be recognized instead of forgotten. So I tried Dr. Rhino and got the same robo-response/apology as regular customer service email. These responses include a reminder that multiple inquiries may further delay an order...so handcuffed, LOL! But I can still play the shamisen and there are far worse things. It's all good.

• carlo13

I also ordered this box 7 weeks ago and still nada. I am waiting patiently because it will eventually ship. I will say it will ship on Dec. 22. What date do you think.

user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

July 1978: The Complete Recordings

What's Inside:

• Five Complete Shows on 12 discs
• 7/1/78 Arrowhead Stadium: Kansas City, MO
• 7/3/78 St. Paul Civic Center Arena: St. Paul, MN
• 7/5/78 Omaha Civic Auditorium: Omaha, NE
• 7/7/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
Producer's Note by David Lemieux
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Appreciate your response. I really go for instrumentals, which is why I have quite a collection of GD Dark Stars, Jams, etc. (Of course Dark Star has a wee bit of lyrics, but I'm used to them & like them.) So when I discover that Hendrix's "Hear My Music" is all instrumental, naturally I'm interested. Seems that it's sold out at Dagger records, and is solely available at inflated prices from third-party Amazons. I went ahead and ordered it today...a single CD for 30 bucks! No problem, I'll just skip buying junk food for awhile till I make up the financial difference. I like to listen to CDs in pairs...so maybe (if the volume levels are compatible) I'll match this Hendrix CD with a certain Ali Akbar Khan CD...
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Probably the most overlooked , but essential member to the Band. Ironic that I just starting watching the Last Waltz. God Bless. Marye. Yes decorum should prevail. However, I must invoke the "Bill Clinton" in that I did not inhale with that cocaine thing.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I love the Band.. Great call to shout-out Manual's birthday, great talent and multi-instrumentalist and an integral member of the Band. His passing was so sad and unnecessary If you have a few days spare time, I highly recommend reading Levon's This Wheel's on Fire. Rick Denko was another amazing talent with a similar ending tale. Tragic and sad, but they left us with life changing music. Garth Hudson, the other keyboardist, deserves kudo's too. As the oldest member in the Band, and a strong influence as well, he helped shape their sound. I could go on.. but lets focus on fallen angels and keyboard players. As for decorum, agreed. Tomorrow I plan to wear my fancy clothes if I decide to write. I might even shave. Hope that makes for this weekends bad behavior... If I get a haircut can I please have some extra credit? I am in a self imposed period of indefinite time-out for bad behavior. Loved the Spring tour listening comments this weekend. I took some deep diversions.. Perhaps a spring tour story is in order...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....I believe I started that dark thread. Forgive me. Never meant to offend anyone. Just reminiscing about a topic I really don't remember anyway....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

Along with Richard Manuel (my favorite Band member not named Levon), today I always think fondly of the birth of my tinnitus. April 3rd, 29 years ago, just short of 9pm, I was slammed third row from the stage at the Centrum in Woooooooster, when the finest blues slide player since Elmore James stepped up and delivered such an authentically greasy cover of CC Rider that this 80's white-bread suburbanite pissed his pants. I could have lived with that. But when Ace hit the solo, my left ear burst into flames. Yes, I'm hear to report that my own version of the hell that is tinnitus was fathered by none other than Bobby "Ace" Weir. (While I don't exactly have DNA evidence, I do have the audience tape to prove it. I'd suggest you check it out, if not for the CC Rider, then the wicked Let it Grow/Don't Ease set I closer.) Some people would say I'm bragging, but can I confess something? While I like Bobby as much as the next guy, I have a dream. A recurring dream of laying in a nursing home bed thirty years out, spinning this yarn for my grand kids, and I'll tell them it was Duane Allman who wounded me, not Weir, cause really, they won't know the fn difference. Right? But I'll certainly feel much better about the whole affair.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Sorry to hear man.. Would it make you feel better if most of us feel tinnitus when bobby plays slide on CC Rider, but it goes away when he picks up his Gibson wide body 335. Sorry to hear of your tinnitus, that's no laughing matter.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I recently purchased it on bluray and was disappointed that the Jam was not included.I thought that the DVD I watched years ago had a long Jam at the end that ended when the last remaining camera stopped working. Apparently all the cameras overheated after running all day. Can anyone confirm this?
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

There's a jam at the end of my DVD version. I would have to believe its on the Blue Ray too. As for cameras overheating, that sounds odd.. It starts w/ I can be released and keeps going.. then the last waltz theme. man.. it looks like I have shell out and get the Blue Ray. On my DVD version, Dylan cant sing so well. I bet on the DVD all that's cleaned up and he sounds angelic. ______________________ Edit: I stand corrected. It took me a half hour to find my buried copy of The Last Waltz, the jam is buried under special features and varies from the jam 1 and jam 2 that I found on YouTube. Why do they taunt us so.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Was it 420Bandito or Bach who first brought up The Outlaws? Either way, thanks, I picked up the Hurry Sundown album from the library after reading the posts. Daaaaaamn!!! That's some good guitar southern rock and roll! Not typically my thing but I'm loving this album. Deadicated, you're probably right about the Milestones:Kind of Blue=AOM:E72. But I don't have Milestones. Are you going to make me spend all my money on Miles Davis discs? Kidding, of course. Really happy with that ESP purchase that you recommended.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Thanks Jim.I thought I had thoroughly searched the Bluray bonus features. Will have to check again.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I have always been a big fan of what my friends & I referred to as "Southern Rock". (Gregg Allman & Dickey Betts have always said they don't understand that term and don't agree with it) But ABB was the King of of it. Yes, The Outlaws were awesome! The Florida Guitar Army could really bring it. It's a shame that several of them have died young.(Where IS Floridabobaloo? Miss him for sure) If you like this genre, or are curious, check out The Marshall Tucker Band. Toy Caldwell, who played lead guitar and wrote most of the songs was an unbelievable talent. His brother Tommy on bass was definitely a frustrated lead guitar player who played the hell out of his bass also. Whenever I saw them, I always said that they way they jammed, if the whole stage had just exploded I would not have been the least surprised. Give "Where We All Belong" a listen and tell me it is not great. I always loved Charlie Daniels. (He is also on Where We All Belong) He is still going strong at 79 years old! Check out his albums Fire On The Mountain or Saddle Tramp and tell me what you think. Great stuff. Other awesome "Southern Rock" bands would include Wet Willie, Grinderswitch, Elvin Bishop, and of course Lynyrd Skynyrd, but only up to the time of the passing of Ronnie Van Zandt. I don't care what Gregg's opinion is. I love "Southern Rock"! Rock on
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

that Gregg Allman said "southern rock" is like saying "rock rock" saw that in an interview somewhere along the way
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 9 months

It's my personal tradition to take a vacation day every year. As I tell my boss, it's my religious holiday.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

I would do the same, but the two teams I want to win are forever cursed. cough cough "Mariners", cough cough "Cubs". 2001...2003...we'll win the whole thingohwaitnowewon't
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

bazeball been bery bery good to me. Not a huge pro sports fan, but I loved when Bob Weir broke out the song Kansas City after the Royals won the World Series in '85 The did a decent job on it too!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

I used to be a huge NY Yankees fan. Until they tore down their stadium. Now I can't stand them. Rat bastards.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

redevil - it's as satisfying as Kind of Blue in its way. Milestones > Kind of Blue = Workingman's > American Beauty. Jim - does the name Don Denkinger ring a bell? Kansas City loves him. Dearly.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 5 months

New stadium is fine. Looks so much like the old Stadium, and with so many less obstructed viewing seats. Much easier to get in and out of also. Bathrooms are so updated, so much nicer all around. It doesn't rock as hard though when fans start stomping their feet.
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I used to love baseball. Played center field on my varsity high school baseball team; grew up on the Philadelphia Phillies, was 8 years old when Mike Schmidt led them to World Series victory; was 21 when Mitch Williams gave up the infamous long ball to Joe Carter; went to Spring training 2x after college; enjoyed the 2008 World Series victory...but not nearly as much as 1980, and I didn't enjoy watching them play in 2008 nearly as much as the ill fated '93 season. I don't watch them at all anymore. I don't know why the thrill is gone, but I admire all your enthusiasm - enjoy!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Opening Day in Cleveland (vs. Boston) postponed due to Cold Wind & Rain...actually snow...game postponed till tomorrow at 1:00.Go Tribe!
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Never understood why they didn't get more respect. Prior to the GD, Skynyrd was the defacto band with Free Bird. I always preferred Green Grass and High Tides. Throw in a little Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain or Snowblind Friend by Steppenwolf and I am good. Was a huge baseball fan as a kid. Once the Sox won in 2004, I lost interest. Will watch the Cubs should they make the World Series, but that is about it. Playoff hockey is the way to go for me. Seems like the only sport left where they actually play for the trophy rather than the money.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

Phillies LOSE 6-2 to Cincinnati Just ordered tickets to the April 29th game Phillies vs. Cleveland at CBP this is the very first time the wife is going to the ballpark. Not 20 seconds after I "clicked" complete order the wife asked me "what should I wear"? Wives, gotta love em!!!! GO NOVA!!!!!!!!! I hope Wright coached the boys right!!!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Being the Nephew of Baseball Hall of Famer Chuck Klein, Opening day is always a thrill. Baseball is one of my Three Loves Music Baseball Cars
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 8 months

Kind of off topic, but it looks like the Spring 1990 box is finally about to sell out in the next week or so. Down to 12 copies left. I couldn't resist and picked up one to keep sealed in my archive.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 8 months

Is a soulless dump. when I was a kid my dad could take me to the game beforehand and we could walk down to the field, check out batting practice..now with that awful wall to keep the non 500 a ticket crowd at bay have ruined it. It's a soulless corporate monolith with absolutely zero character. I was a die hard Yankee fan and a season ticket holder for many years, now I would never go unless I get free tickets on business. I hate the new Yankee Stadium. Hate.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Hate the new stadium even more. Fenway is old, small, dirty and smells bad. But it has character. Those steinbrenner simpletons ruined the franchise. Can't help but laugh every time I see all those empty $1,500 seats behind home plate.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Not just the greatest baseball movie of all time, one of the greatest movies of all time. Walter Mathau. Classic performance. It would be rated R today. Swearing by kids. Motorcycles with no helmets. Kids drinking beer. Way ahead of its time. Anyone who has kids that play sports today knows that. Well, I guess unless you are one of those delusional parents that thinks your kid is getting a division 1 scholarship and going pro. And that is almost all parents these days. One of the best scenes is when the dad slaps his kid who was pitching. In the next play, the kid teaches dad a lesson. Great stuff.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

I saw it in the theater.7 years old and my folks dropped me off to see it.Hard to imagine parents today doing that.Or letting a 7 year old kid see a movie like that at all. I miss the 70's....... ...and I never saw the new one.Don't want to either.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....great movie. Cut my teeth on that one. Came out in '76. Matthau chews up every scene he's in. The Sandlot, Field of Dreams and The Natural also come to mind. If you're a Padre's fan, you have my condolences. My Marlin's take the field tomorrow against the Tigers. Verlander is pitching for them. Pray for us....
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Yup. Got dropped off as well. Parents unsure if it was a good idea. It wasn't, but you know what, neither was dropping me off at Animal House. My god. Tatum was hot. Really hot. And how about Villanova. Good for those boys. Sorry southerners, but Roy Williams is slimy. Yeah. Real slimy.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

NOVA!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is how an NCAA Championship game is supposed to end, a 3 point buzzer beater!!!!! NovaStrong!!!!!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....watching baseball. Terrible timing. MLB & NCAA should have gotten together.... ....regarding Tatum. Yeah, one of my first crushes. Her sharp tongue in BNB was eye-opening.
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Given all this baseball talk, and of course acknowledging the Sox's opener is pushed to today due to awesome weather everywhere in the Northeast...I will hopefully make it to the Grateful Dead night at Fenway on 4/28. I have a few tickets but it is also a mere six days after baby#2 is supposed to arrive; this will require some Sixtus-bartering with the wifey... For those interested in some details (sadly the tix are sold out at this point): http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/grateful_dead.jsp Play Dead! And Ball! Sixtus
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

Very funny underrated movie. Walter Matthau is excellent and plays the part of Buttermaker to perfection. I've always loved the Yankee coach's pregame speech to a bunch of 12-year-olds in a little league game: "I'm not gonna talk about winning, I'm gonna talk about losing, 'Cause if you guys lose this game...each and every one of you...you're going to have to live with it." .
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

"It Happens Every Spring," black & white classic where a scientist/pitcher develops a substance that repels wood, and rubs it on the baseball (through a hole in his mitt!) so that the pitched ball literally "jumps" over any swinging bat. Interesting in that: even though the pitcher (Ray Milland) is clearly cheating...we, the audience, are rooting for him all the way.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

all this baseball talk DiP33 is at Oakland Coliseum (some of you say "duh") do the A's still play there, or are they at Google-on-my-Facebook Field or something? heard 10/9/76 over the past few days, finished the last three tracks whilst commuting today 10/10 is next
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

TG4theGD "keeps me on this earth" - JG
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Hey Wissinoming.. I was thinking of you when I watched that game last night. Surely will go down as one of the great ones. Tying basketball into the GD isn't that hard.. A few stories come to mind, but my favorite is when Bill Walton talked a bunch of his teammates into heading over the Worcester to see the Good Old Grateful Dead. Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and others were treated to a fine, relaxing night off. I believe they went to the Worcester show in Nov '84. Decent show, standard setlist. Word is they had a great time, Larry Bird on Jerry: "Jerry Garcia was the Michael Jordan of musicians." http://www.celticslife.com/2015/09/the-time-bill-walton-got-celtics-to…
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Maybe not in that order:-) Glad Villanova won, now Larry Wilmore will have to do his show as "Soul Daddy" :-) Saw Bad News Bears with girlfriend in the drive-in back in the day,,, funny movie that still is funny today. Baseball,,,,, 1500 dollars seats!!!!! I really couldn't care less what they cost because I don't go. But I always hear people complain about the price of tickets. The only way the prices will ever come down is if people stop going, leave the park empty for a season and prices will come down. (It's better on TV anyway, IMHO) My two times I've gone stories - first time a buddy said lets go to Yankee stadium for a game, he'd drive cause he knew how to go. So off we go with our girlfriends. Get to the George Washington Bridge and sit on the bridge for two hours! Finally get across the bridge and he's wandering around trying to figure out how to get there. I have no idea, but I'm like Jim it has to be over by those large amounts of lights. We get there and it's the bottom of the 7th. Up, up and up we climb to our seats. I can not believe how small the players look on the field! I see guys hitting these high pop flies and they are not even coming up as high as we are! I was not impressed. After we moved to Dallas my wife suddenly develops a hankerin' (that's texas talk) to go see the Rangers, I'm like oooooooooook if you really want to go. We get there in plenty of time but I can not believe how far away we have to park. In we go, turns out our seats are on the east side of the stadium and the setting sun is baking us. It's like a 95 degree day and even after the sun goes down it's still like 95 and not a hint of a breeze. I sat thru that game with sweat just pouring off me. That was it, NEVER AGAIN I say. And it's been never again since then. I don't watch sports on TV, so I don't need to go see what I don't watch for free. Just my take on sporting events,,, but 1500 dollar tickets?!?!?!?! As my father would have said,,, "they'd hold their hands on their ass a long time before I give them 1500 bucks!"
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I saw the "Bad News Bears" movie when I was a kid, at the drive-in no less. Probably the best baseball movie that I've seen is "Pride of the Yankee's" from 1942, about the life and career of Lou Gehrig. A very sad yet inspirational film classic. Very heavy especially considering the timing in which it was made. Highly recommended.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 2 months

Pretty random post here...The great stoltzfus post that said TG4theGD made me think of great GD license plates. Bolo's profile picture used to be SUGREE on a California license plate. Always thought STGR LEE would be cool. Maybe a Maine plate 4EVA DEAD. CBY NEAL...PITB 72...MROR SHTRZ...Guess that's too many letters. Still kind of a fun game.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

Plenty of good baseball movies, but my favorite baseball in pop culture moment was the Simpsons episode where Burns gets a bunch of 80s-90s era players to be ringers on his team. Officer Eddie: (reading Steve Sax's license) Well well, Steve Sax, from New York City. Officer Lou: I heard some guy got killed in New York City and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Steve? (Lou and Eddie laugh) Steve Sax: But there are hundreds of unsolved murders in New York City. Officer Lou: You don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you, Saxxy Boy?
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/july-1978-the-complete-recordings.html