• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
    Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
    Producer's Note by David Lemieux
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
    Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cheryleula

Thank You!

• Slow Dog Noodle

just noticed this says sold out. Its about time. I don't know what took so long. This is a fantastic box set.

• eyes43

The first two listening days players are mixed up, on the main page for the July 78 box set. Just thought admin might want to fix that! Peace!

• perithecat

marye , could you have a look at my order number if you can 137400000224478
    ordered on nov 27th and still nothing . any help would be appreciated .

• ecce homo
    Default Avatar
    July 1978: The Complete Recordings delivered today

Hi just an bit of info for people who were in a similar position to me: I ordered the Box Set (as part of a larger order) on 9-21-19, and it arrived today, so a little over 3 months later. I had written CS once (on November 26) and received a reply on December 3 from Warner Music Group Customer Service which read, in part:

Due to a complex warehouse move we now have a significant backlog of both customer inquiries and shipments, and as a result we haven’t been able to deliver at the level that we pride ourselves on.
    For those waiting on their orders, while we wish we could give you an exact estimate as to when your order will ship, we are still awaiting the exact order status details that we urgently want to get to you.
    We are putting 100% of our focus and dedication into a solution to this shipping delay, and are currently working with our warehouse partner to send out outstanding orders.
    We wish we had been able to have communicated this to you sooner, but we had relied on assurances from our warehouse partner that they would be able to quickly resolve the backlog of orders, and they haven’t been able to honor this commitment. We must again apologize for this delay in reaching out to you.
    While it is not our place to be making requests of you, we do hope that you will continue to be patient with us, as we work through these issues and work with our current partner to ship out your order as soon as possible.
    We are genuinely sorry for the delay and inconvenience associated with your order, and we thank you for your patience and understanding to date.

HANG IN THERE FELLOW DEADHEADS!!!!!! AS ALWAYS IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT.
    However, I don't see the Box Set currently listed for sale on the Dead's site right now either? My S/N was 091xx of 15000.
    Peace and Happy Hanukkah!

• carlo13

Merry x-mas to you too. Now the july 78 box completely disappeared from the site which makes me nervous. There were still a bunch left too.

• RobbZ

I feel for you, man. I made the mistake of ordering a simple CD (Terrapin Limited--3/15/90) for a Christmas gift some three weeks ago. Alas, it still sits in a "processing" status. Email requests have been answered with the same "robo-response" bullshit. And what makes it even more frustrating is dead.net had absolutely zero problems charging my credit card the day I ordered it...that portion of their logistical process seems to run flawlessly! And by comparison, I ordered other Christmas gifts from the Foo Fighters, Rush, and Pearl Jam websites the same day as my Dead order, and holy shit, like magic, all their merchandise arrived, as ordered, in less than a week.
    This "we're moving our warehouse" excuse has grown pathetic and old...any logistical issues dead.net is having should be transparent to the customer! But allow me to end my complaints with a few suggestions, as I'm the kind of person who won't complain without bringing some solutions to the table....: (1) SHUT DOWN ALL SALES UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO COMPLETE AN ORDER! (2) DO NOT CHARGE THE CUSTOMER UNTIL AFTER A PRODUCT SHIPS!

Merry Christmas All---and Carlo, if you're really Jonesin for those 78 shows, PM me (if it works) I'm sure I have a copy's I could share

• fourwindsblow

It may take a little time be patient.

"Due to a high-volume of email traffic, there will be a delay in response time".

• Kengoesto11

Wish I knew. I was hoping to confirm that the order will be recognized instead of forgotten. So I tried Dr. Rhino and got the same robo-response/apology as regular customer service email. These responses include a reminder that multiple inquiries may further delay an order...so handcuffed, LOL! But I can still play the shamisen and there are far worse things. It's all good.

• carlo13

I also ordered this box 7 weeks ago and still nada. I am waiting patiently because it will eventually ship. I will say it will ship on Dec. 22. What date do you think.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

July 1978: The Complete Recordings

What's Inside:

• Five Complete Shows on 12 discs
• 7/1/78 Arrowhead Stadium: Kansas City, MO
• 7/3/78 St. Paul Civic Center Arena: St. Paul, MN
• 7/5/78 Omaha Civic Auditorium: Omaha, NE
• 7/7/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
Producer's Note by David Lemieux
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

How about The Pretenders? English/American Band with Chrissie Hynde at the helm. Also, The North Mississippi Allstars deserve a nod. Little Feat will be doing a short full band tour this summer after a hiatus of several years due to Paul Barrere's health. Feat Tour as of now... 9/8/16 Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre 9/9/16 Port Chester, NY - The Capitol Theatre 9/10/16 Huntington, NY - The Paramount 9/12/16 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

http://www.deadlistening.com/2008/05/1978-july-5-omaha-civic-auditorium. But for one of my favorite Grateful Dead videos: sample the 11/24/1978 show. Jerry purportedly had a cold, but what a great night. Tremendous Capitol Theatre venue with Hamza el-Din guesting (post Egypt shows) ;o} Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

OneMan - It's in there! 7/7/78 @5:31 Seems like a long one depending on the dead air after the song.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

I saw then at The Allman Brothers "Another One For Woody" benefit at Roseland Ballroom and they were great. That Allmans benefit was a really great night.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Jim, I've never had the pleasure. I think that really cool dude I mentioned earlier forgot to include this one in my set of soundboards. One Man, you made me re-read my entire post to see if I was the culprit, but to my delight, I used both forms correctly several times. It's a pet peeve of mine as well (along with non-specific posts), and I feared the auto-correct screwed me. Then I found the guilty party. Couldn't agree more, 12/6/73 is my favorite Bonus disc, with RTR AOM close behind. I need to check out Passenger.... Mr. Jack Straw, I'm also a fan of that DP 16 ODW. Others? The 5/25/72 Disc 3 is unreal: Uncle John's Band => Wharf Rat => Dark Star => Sugar Magnolia. I play Disc 2 from Veneta '72 a lot: Playing in the Band, He's Gone, Jack Straw, Bird Song, Greatest Story Ever Told. Also FW Complete'69 Disc 2: Dupree's Diamond Blues, Mountain of the Moon, Dark Star => St. Stephen => The Eleven, Lovelight, Cosmic Charlie And one of my first Dead CDs, Ladies and Gentlemen Disc 4: Morning Dew, New Minglewood Blues, Wharf Rat, Aligator => Drums => Jam => Going Down The Road => Cold Rain and Snow, In the Midnight Hour. Really all 4 discs are perfect, but it's a multi-track compilation, of course it's great. novembereleven, I will check out that 7/1/78 Wharf Rat, thanks! Thin - yeah, comparing '72 to '78 is not even like comparing the same song. I guess I mentioned so the '72 gods wouldn't get upset with me for paying attention to '78. Not Fade Away. I have a weird relationship with Not Fade Away. I first heard it on Rockin' The Rhein and it's incredible. I went on to enjoy it on the other E72 shows, but dont enjoy other years much, I suppose because it only feels right with Pigpen in there. The 20 min monster from Closing of Winterland is the only other version of NFA I listen to much. I don't have anything against it if you have recommendations. The Ray Bans are the shit.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....speaking of vibes, the Alabama -> GSET from 12.28.79 is full of it. Not too plinky either. Trying hard to steer clear of Orpheum '76 and July '78. I've got loads to sate my ears anyway. Spoiled like a single child.... ....if there are any beer fans out there, Anchor Steam collaborated with The Chris Robinson Brotherhood and released a tasty IPA. Worth checking out. Awesome packaging. I would post a pic, but damn this site!!.... ....speaking of Greatest Story, for the longest time when I had more hair, I mis-interpreted the "cool clear water, you can never tell" line as "nuclear water, you can never tell." Doh!!....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....keithfan mentioned not being excited about non-'72 NFA's. I have yet to hear a shitty '78 version. Look it up.... .... (I love '72 too. I mean, it's in my name!....)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....band name! Called it!! Now I just need a band....and learn an instrument.
user picture

Member for

14 years 11 months

Thanks for posting this youtube link. I a am a huge 70s Dead fan. This show is just incredible, Jerry and Bobby are playing guitar at a very high level. Jerry is super creative, I was just going to check it out, but ended up listening to it for an hour. Never heard much from 78 except "From Egypt ,with love" Last show that I was at was Englishtown, Sept,77. Thank you, for a real good time.
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

How blessed are we? Sources available for this show SBD, AUD, MTX, DTS 5.1 surround. DVD Video with SBD audio and Bluray with choice of the four audio sources.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Count me in as a fan. I love it especially when it gets really weird after Bobby is done exorcising his demons. The line "Fire wheel- Burning in the air" always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up for some reason.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

What was the plan with doing some shows in England before trip to Egypt ? Did they really want to play at Stonehenge ? 7.7.78 - some killer stuff in these final 4 from the 1st set Tennessee Jed Passenger Peggy-O The Music Never Stopped Sirius played this show a few months ago and it absolutely smokes
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Watching Bill Walton on ESPN - he is invoking Jerry Garcia multiple times, and throwing out Dead lyrics left and right: "Bill, What do you think you think of Steph Curry and the Warriors?" Bill: "I love the team spirit, the way it's uplifting the west coast in excitement - California! the prophet on the burnin' shore....". He has a new book he is promoting - "Back from the Dead" - about his recovery from back issues that had him on the verge of suicide. He is such a positive and inspirational guy. His heart is huge, and his heart belongs to and was somewhat formed by the Dead - not a coincidence.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Wish I could say I have met him. Well, not yet. I'd vote for him though. Think we could convince him to run? At the very least, I, too, find him entertaining on TV. The GD, in the strangest places still doing good after all these years if you look at it right.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

The 1978 show from the box was recorded by Betty. So is this recording not a Betty board or would it be the first official release of a Betty board. If it is not a Betty board than what is it. Thanks. I just reread it. First from "Long Lost Betty Boards." Ah alright. The 77 from the box was recorded by Betty also.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Fourwinds, where can I get 4/12/78 on Blu Ray? I don't see anything Google-wise
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Not all Betty Boards were lost in the storage locker/auction fiasco some I believe where in the vault. The ones that were in the vault had not been mastered and released therefore they are not "long-lost" just never released. The Betty Boards for Dave's picks are part of the "long-lost" newly returned sets, the ones that had been cared for and worked on by Rob Eaton saved from languishing in some guys barn (if my memory serves me right from past readings). While the Cornell show and a few others are still being held hostage by unscrupulous audio terrorists in search of quick payday... as Bubbles would say "greee-easy."
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Since it's the anniversary of the Kezar Stadium performance, immortalized on the Beyond Description Bonus CD, I think I'll listen to that version with a small (refillable) glass of Jameson. I much prefer this version to the One From The Vault version. No DeadHead should journey forth w/out it. Keith has some cool keyboards in there, almost Wakeman-like, and Stronger Than Dirt is mixed in there. I don't listen to it often, just to keep the face-melting properties intact. And it always goes with some tasty smooth Jameson, as it's in the title and all. Thanks for the reminder Kayak Guy. I'm firing it up now. Mmmm...Jameson.... Edit - okay, my listening mission is complete. Great as ever. Funny thing though - evidently it's "Blues" for Allah. "Blues"....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

Was having a tough time deciding- Would I rather have a new JGB release or a Golden State Warriors Jerry t-shirt? Luckily, that turned out well- T-shirt it is.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

They were booked to play at London's Rainbow Theatre on the way back from Egypt, as they were passing through London and could cover some costs there. In the end they cancelled, preferring apparently to head for home and finish off Shakedown Street. Would have been my first shows. They had cancelled too in 76. There were rumours over several years that they would play at Glastonbury Festival, but it never happened. In the end we had to wait until 81 (when they visited twice).
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 7 months

29 and counting on the Spring 90 TOO box. Get them while there hot
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

Great link kayak. I forgot that kool Dark Star from rocking the rein bonus was on 3/23. What a great version. I like the 1969 ones a little better, but 1972, 73, and 74 is beginning to make more sense as I listen to those Dark Stars more times. Pigpen's maracas are a nice touch. Really puts me in hippie land, where I wish we live forever.
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Last night my cousin (who first introduced me to this music) came for a visit and we stayed up until all hours getting mightily buzzed and listening to this wonderful music. The highlight was 4-15-70 (he prefers the Pigpen era). I've gone on at length about this show but, damn, it's absolutely fantastic. Brief as it is, the NFA that is sandwiched by Lovelight is just killer. Kick ass show from start to finish. The Jam sounds like a cover of Santana's Soul Sacrifice and the transition from Cryptical to Dire Wolf is absolutely perfect. An all time great Dancin' precedes the Lovelight>NFA>Lovelight. It's always fun to find a favorite show out of my favorite era (pre-hiatus Keith).
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Nuclear Water, cool name for a band, Vguy, just don't ask "W" to introduce you as he'll mispronounce it. For years, during Ramble On Rose, I thought Jerry was singing, "The Logan County line..."
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

a show I am very familiar with, 8/31/78, sounds really beautiful this evening. 1/2step>elpaso :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Time to stop taking our talking points and attitudes from the spoon-fed brainwashing we currently take as gospel, and start researching the facts and making up our own minds. It's very easy to take the cues on what the "cool kids" all believe in (Hollywood, I'm looking at you) and simply take up that position as our own, without really looking into what the fk is really going on. Question for you: Do you believe in free speech? I mean, truly believe in it. I know I do. Then why is it OK to suppress free speech by shutting down (with violence and threats of violence) the political opposition's rallies and conferences, as happened in Chicago? Isn't that what "fascists" do? Stifle any speech that they don't agree with? And if so, then why aren't those conservative "fascists" we've been warned about not trying to shut down our rallies and conferences in the same way we do to theirs? Could it be that they actually believe in free speech? llogical...Does not compute. I must reexamine what I've been told... Shouldn't we instead be combatting views we disagree with by offering our own coherent arguments, rather than using intimidation, throwing punches and blocking highways like thugs? And how is it OK for colleges to suppress any speech that goes against the mainstream because student groups who are too scared to actually debate different ideas disrupt any speech with which they disagree, and instead demand "safe spaces" where their beliefs are never questioned? Are we raising a generation of free thinkers, or non-questioning sheep who simply parrot what their radical professors have indoctrinated them to believe the "truth" to be? It is rather ironic that those who are so stuck in the past, and who still fancy themselves as being the "anti-establishment" and the height of "cool," have yet to realize that they have now become the very establishment who they always railed against, and are now enforcing complete conformity to their views, and that those who bravely challenge their iron grip on the public discourse are the true anti-establishment warriors of today. It is also sadly ironic that those who once purported to champion free speech, are now so comfortable in denying (by any means, including violence) the free speech of others. But hey, the means justify the ends, right? But maybe I'm a "racist" for even daring to question the status quo. After all, isn't anyone who disagrees with political correctness automatically a "racist." Aren't all "conservatives" also automatically "racists?" That's what we're taught by every sitcom, every program, every talking head, and every college professor, isn't it? I don't know, have I said anything even remotely racist, ever? Ah never mind, I must be an evil racist since I'm espousing certain views (or you just sense I am not completely "on board" with the herd mentality, since I'm not using the proper buzzwords to indicate my "coolness" and conformity with the allowed belief system), so you can just disregard my opinion altogether, maybe even get a group to shout me down, you know, in the name of "peace" or "justice" or something. It doesn't really matter, as long as you use the correct terminology, people will believe you. That's what this world has come to. The movie "Idiocracy" comes to mind. I suppose this will be my last post, since so many will object to my speaking out, so I wish you all well and many years of enjoyment of this great music we all love. I'll be on the Catskill mountains with a rifle on my shoulder, a six-shooter (actually, a 16-shooter) in my hand, I've been all around this world... I'll be wishing for peace, but preparing for the dangerous reality that your politically correct blindness and stupidity will likely bring...
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

What triggered the political rant? Something I missed that was later removed? Take it easy up there in the mountains, dantian. Things won't be the same around here without you. I for one enjoy the dissenting views, even if I find value in what some call political correctness. But I don't wanna talk about that here!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Right, as long as the quips are from your perceived side, they're just fine and not conisidered "political," even though that's exactly what they are. You see, when the cool kids do it, it's fine, that's how it works. Sadly, in time you'll know I was right in what we spoke about couple months past, though it wasn't cool for me to say. That's my problem though, always have to be true, even if it ain't cool ;) Take care, bro.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

If so dantian you can still get archive.org. 26 years ago today the Knickerbocker Arena opened in Albany NY. It was the first show I bought from a ticketbroker (legal scalper) at the outrageous fee of $100 a ticket. I just had to be there and wanted to make sure I had tix for the entire run. This show while officially released, the 1st set is spread out over 4 different releases to make for a frankenshow. What's up with that Rhino??? You can hear the whole show in lesser, but complete versions as part of todays LMA choices. https://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3AGratefulDead+AND+titl…
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

This is some disturbing stuff to wake up to, not sure what provoked this vitriolic venting. Here is something about the Republican party, the real intentions of the "war on drugs" and is straight from a primary source, John Ehrlichman, enjoy! https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/ If you would like more information about why following the Republican party as it stands today often gets people labeled (incorrectly or not) as a racist, ignorant sheep of oligarchial wanna-be tyrants let me know. I've done lot of my own research! And to try and say that the only violence and suppression of free speech is coming from the protesters, you need to do more research about what is going on at Republican rallies.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Flush the self-righteous political diatribes elsewhere, please. We don't want them here. Thanks!
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

No more political rants on here, please. Don't know what "little quip" got you riled up, don't care. Quite frankly, a quip can be easily ignored or brushed off, your rant, however..... Don't need that crap here from either side-- we get it enough in our daily lives. Take your 16-shooter up to the mountains to protect yourself from the liberal masses, don't care. To make this music related, got myself a sweet 5th row ticket to see Tedeschi Trucks in a beautiful theater in June on Derek Trucks' side. I have never seen him play, really looking forward to it.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

This is supposed to be a site for talk about the Dead and their music. Please keep it on topic, regardless of how right / wrong your other ideas might be. This is not the place. We have lost enough good posters already. Please don't drive more away with your inappropriate, off-topic diatribes. Rock on
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I discovered Peter Gabriel Era Genesis in the Spring of '93. I've rarely listened to anything other than the Dead for the past two years, but it's a beautiful Spring day, and Supper's Ready.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

So jealous - dying to see them. Spent the entire day listening to them at work the other day. Amazing band....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 6 months

I think that I will get out my copies of Foxtrot and Selling England By The Pound! I love Gabriel-era Genesis. Only the best 70s-aged vintage prog!
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

How'd you do that 80s fan? I don't see any directions or options to do so, and copy / paste sure ain't working. droidmec - yes, those two albums go together nicely, both sonically and stylistically, like a double album.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Praise the dawningIt's just a restless feeling by my side Early dawning, Thursday morning It's just the wasted years so close behind Watch out, the world's behind you watch out indeed. politics lurk everywhere. Now go listen to 8/31/78.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Thanks for the head's up, I haven't listened yet but have downloaded.
user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

I agree with One Man,,, where did that come from? And Hbob,,, take it elsewhere. I can be just as big of a nut job with politics as the next guy, but not here. Also agree with Keithfan,,,,, How'd you post that picture willis? :-) Phil stuff.... anybody been listening to the Phil and friends shows that celebrate a given show from a given year,, they are up to 1985 tomorrow night (3/25), most seem posted on youtube. They start off with a talk about the given year (price of bread, songs on the top 40, prices of homes, what the dead were doing), then they play "a show". They've been good and I've been downloading them. Google search "youtube 19?? phil and friends", you should get hits. You can find the setlist in the "phil zone". Lockn - if Lockn on your mind, they just announced another round of artist playing there, some more good stuff. 80's fan - like Tedeschi trucks band, check out this cover, blows me away, her vocals and dereks slide work at the end,,,, wow!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtG5bT13m8U
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

What's the trick to find out how many of these are left? With 30 trips people kept posting how many were left, was wondering how many of these are still available. Really just want to wait until the credit card rolls over, but will buy sooner if I have too. To the question about missing Betty Boards from earlier, a lot of the reels were left in the vault. Sometimes even 2 of the 3 show reels would be there and one was in the storage locker. It seems Betty took the reels out of some sort of spite, but could not take them all.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/july-1978-the-complete-recordings.html