• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

user picture

Member for

7 years 9 months

In reply to by Dennis

Wireless file sharing !? Thats next level. Much respect.

Theoretically I could use my MS cloud account, but I would need to pay extra for all the storage I would need. It would save the trouble of having to copy everything twice tho.

I'm starting to wonder if Mrs Deadguy actually writes the scripts for Mrs Cartoon Deadhead. "Gargle with Drano" and "drive into a bridge abutment at 100 mph" sounds just like her colorful phrasing.

I would NEVER forget her birthday tho. Its on the same day as Dave' Picks 3.

🤷‍♂️

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Hi all - it's been a long time since I posted. Just the way life has been... Given that June 9, 1976 is my favorite of the Road Trips series, and June 18, 1976 is my favorite of the Download Series, I guess I really had no choice but to order this June '76 box. Since it's my birthday, I could say to my wife: I don't want anything for my birthday except this box set. So everyone is happy :)

Good to see you all!

Oh, recent listening? I've been on a '70s Genesis kick lately: Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, Trick of the Tail, Wind & Wuthering, And Then There Were Three (underrated)...Long live Steve Hackett! Also early Morrissey solo albums. It took me until was 50 years old to realize that "Viva Hate" and "Vauxhall and I" are as good as the Smiths stuff.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I wonder if they with do anything to patch the soundboard cut at the beginning of 6-15-76 set II. For 6-9-76 (RT 4.5) they just did a fade in.

The beginning of St. Stephen on 6-15-76 sounds weird because Jerry transposes the beginning of the melody before deftly landing in the right key. 6-9-76 I wish they would have patched it with an AUD because it's the first post-retirement version of the tune.

Time will tell. Happy hump day dead land! :-)

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

In reply to by Dennis

Hopefully this compilation will include everybody's favorite romantic ditty "Cock in My Pocket".

Dennis....this Funhouse box has been tugging at my sleeve now since it was announced. It looks fantastic. I don't know!
Also, I have just sent you a PM re Wishbone Ash.

Big Brownie....alas "Cock In My Pocket" isn't included in this box. That was recorded by the next incarnation of the Stooges, with James Williamson on guitar. Definitely one of the peak moments of 1970s rock.

As for, "Funhouse" itself - one of the most incendiary albums ever made.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by Roguedeadguy

>>>>> I would NEVER forget her birthday tho. Its on the same day as Dave' Picks 3.

That really made me laugh out loud.

user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

In reply to by Dennis

Me too.. but makes me feel for all those out there who's (husband) wife's birthday is not the same as their favorite show. Us mere mortals don't stand a chance.

I laughed out loud too..

user picture

Member for

6 years 11 months

34th anniversary of cosmic Charlie. Ha. Being a bachelor I can buy whatever I want and play it loud as I want. As for you know what's missing? I've got a room full of friends with benefits. I know. Way to much info.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

That’s my wife’s birthday, and being that it’s today I can’t fuck this one up! She’s on the way home now and I am 128 tracks into Sky Dog and a couple 3 IPAs down the hatch....did well on the gifts front, and have some flowers so I think I’m OK....report back later!

user picture

Member for

7 years 9 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

Go forth, and Godspeed my good man. Might wanna slam another IPA real quick just to be 110% sure. :)

Just got tickets for Dead & Co this summer in "Detroit" (+/- 40 miles but who's counting) Any of you gonna be there?

Mrs Deadguy sends her regrets but she's gonna spend the day listening to every China/Rider in reverse chronological order while she goes on a tour of local bridges.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Roguedeadguy

Probably should listen to those China->Riders backwards while on the tour.

What about a tunnel tour?

Here’s my Windsor Tunnel story:
While under the legal drinking age in MI, my friend and I were of legal drinking age in Ontario. Thus, a binge-drinking tour of Windsor, Canada was planned. We drank beer for the 3-hour drive to the Detroit side of the Windsor Tunnel, then removed empty beer cans from the car, poured about a 1/2 pint worth of OJ out of a half gallon container, then poured in a 1/2 pint of vodka. Shook the container well, entered the tunnel, pounded the Screwdriver, and emerged from the tunnel in Windsor with an empty OJ container. Proceeded to visit several bars and 2 strip clubs, mostly drinking Molson Brador Malt Liquor, and then returned to Detroit where we somehow made it through Customs. Got on a highway, pulled into the first rest area, and slept in the car.
I wasn’t driving and I don’t know how my driver pulled it off, although I was alert and warning him if he strayed from the lane.

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

In an un-scientific poll, the CD that i find myself listening to the most out of all the official releases, is........ Disc 3 from 11/11/73 Winterland 73 box.... Dark Star>Eyes>China Doll>Sugar Magnolia>Uncle John's... We Bid You Goodnight. Johnny B Goode... The Dark Star pulls me in every time.... Second place is Disc One from One from the Vault...... Disc one ... the intro into Help>Slipknot>Franklin's is just so good.. Music Eyes... if I had to choose a show that made me a Deadhead back in the 80's it's 8/13/75... bob t p.s. after I listened to 2/26/73 i put on 11/11/73 Disc 3 Dark Star!!!

First.. great place to spend some time, BobT. My cassette old, slightly hissy cassette was labeled the Make Believe Ballroom. I still remember the Bill Graham introduction like he is in the living room yelling it out right now.

Given this a lot of thought. I can't say what I have listened to most. If you count in the cassette (and I guess 8 track) years.. it's Louisville, Cornell & Buffalo, The Merriweathers and E72.

user picture

Member for

7 years 9 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

😂😂😂😂😂Ahhh Windsor tunnel shenanigans. Such a classic coming of age in MI experience.

Somewhere, there might still be a picture of me taken shortly before me and my buddy crossed back over after a CRAY-ZEE night in Windsor. I had the seat fully reclined, my hand over my eyes, and you can kinda see the puke on my shirt. The border guard was a little skeptical that we had just gone to "tour the campus".

We got back into Detroit, eventually, and we had to stop and pull over so I could puke on the street. Not the last time I christened the streets of Detroit.

.....me? May 21st. Nada. Although i did catch one in person in Vegas '95. Wife? Jan 7th. Nope. Slow day in Deadland. Although 1.7.78 was one of the Jerry laryngitis shows (there's an inside joke there some where). My son? July 23rd. No. But that was Brents last show and the day Keith died. So there's that. Sister? March 14th. She got one. Landover '90. Spring '90 Box. Dad? September 27th. Stanley Theatre, Dick's 11. My mom though, hit the trifecta. August 27th. If you don't know that date, why are you here??

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

79 Buffalo, and second night of Rochester 85 turned into my Bday...GOOD TIMES!

Though I did not usually partake in “going to the Canadian Ballet” =(bunch of dudes renting a limo, going over the border into Fort Erie- “where by law we show it all”, drink many Molson Bradors, or XXX,= too much $ for my blood)...we did often zip up there to hit the Beer Store!
CANADIAN BORDER GUARD: “what’s your business in Canada”? our reply “Beer Store eh!”
AMERICAN BORDER GUARD: what was your business in Canada”? our reply “Beer Store eh!” AMERICAN BORDER GUARD: “Pop the trunk”....SLAM! “ok, have a good night!”
Man the world used to be a much kinder place....

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

I saw the Dead on 12/15/86, it was on my biirthday. It was Garcia's first show back after his coma. The Dead opened up with Touch of Grey, and when Garcia sang I Will Survive, that place felt like it was gonna blow! It was a good show all the way around. The Winterland 11/73 box set is absolutely fantastic. I enjoy it just as much as The Fillmore West or Europe 72 box sets. If someone doesn't have it they should really pick it up. My brother went to the first show of that run.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

6/10/73

STILL WAITING, MAN

Will this one EVER see the light of Day? Ask the Allmans, please.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Wife’s birthday went well except for the 3 hour board game with the in-laws after dinner...no music...we’re talking serious gamers these people. I can’t handle it!!! 3 more IPAs then I was ready to BIODTL.

My favorite birthday show is a classic 11/18/72, although I was born in 76. There’s also 11/18/78 from The Uptown.

Today’s listening is Sixtus Picks Volume 1...stumbled across this collection yesterday. Looks to be six volumes...makes sense!!!

Make it a good one Dead Peoples!!!

KCJ

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Hey now CJ. Thanks for reminding me/us of the cool playlists Sixtus put together. The last one he did that I'm aware of was "Volume XI". Seems like he was threatening a Vol. XII for a while, but I missed it if it ever saw the light of day. What say Sixtus? VI x II = XII. The time is ripe. Onward.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

What!!! 12 volumes you say? Well then I appear to be six volumes short!

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by JeffSmith

...how does one stumble across Sixtus' Picks anyway?? That's cool. I need to see if I can go find them now...I've lost the links to the ravages of time.

I'd need to look & compare what's up there vs. in my stack - the legendary series may have indeed gone beyond that which is currently offered...

BTW - where the heck is Chastason these days?
God speed my man, last I recall you were somewhere in Cambodia making a cool sounding documentary after setting up a forever host for some very Dead-esque collections.

Speaking of Seventy-Sixtus, just heard on Sirius that today's show at noon is 6/10/76. Niiiiiice. That's, like another BDay show....and on the brink of our collective lap.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Hey Sixtus, I do have v. XII after all. I just dug out a Track List of all twelve volumes, but not your links. The playlists I have on iTunes are all frankensteined together from tracks I already had plus the ones I didn't have and/or ones that you'd tweaked to "flow" into/out from the rest (different times/lengths). Great listening! Thanks again brother! Onward.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

IMHO this is one of the best releases from 1973. It has everything I think need except Here Comes Sunshine. And of course weather report Suite came along later.
Even the audio is about as perfect as a two-track gets. Thanks for the reminder (I forget who it was, maybe Dennis or Alvarhanzo).

I don't know why I thought I feel compelled to listen on the anniversary date of shows. as if if the arbitrary calendar number is going to magically channel the Dead through my speakersAstrology - pah! Is it real?

I used to wonder about that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo jumbo. A magical power holding together good and evil, the dark side and the light. Crazy thing is... it's true. Astrology. The Force, the Jedi. All of it. It's all true.

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

It is amazing what one can stumble upon! By the way, happy to share the volumes I do have with anyone who wants them. Thanks to you Sixtus for putting them together! Towards the end of volume 1 now. Some really incredible jams mostly from early 70s era, also a 69 and a 90.

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Due on April 3rd, but no info yet at jerrygarcia.com. This is the blurb from the amazon listing:
"GarciaLive Volume 13 features the Jerry Garcia Band at the Poplar Creek Music Theatre outside Chicago on 9/16/89. Alongside the band (J. Kahn, D. Kemper, M. Seals, G. Jones and J. LaBranch) Clarence Clemons (Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band) sits in on sax. On the final night of their longest and arguably finest tour, the band played repertoire favorites - such as the Garcia/Hunter composition "Cats Under the Stars" - and infrequent jams like "Let's Spend the Night Together" and "Someday Baby.""

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Last 5:
Cannonball Adderley-Philly, 7/6/70
Nat Adderley Sextet-Soul Zodiac-Mike Deasy pulling an Eddie Hazel here and there.
Led Zeppelin-LA Forum-9/4/70
Grand Funk Railroad-Survival & E Pluribus Funk-C'mon, that counts as one!!
Grateful Dead-Dave's Picks 13-2/24/74-Why had it been SO LONG since I last played this?? Thanks to all who brought it up.

Music Is the best!! Marty Stuart tonight in VA-should be a great show.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

JGB 9-16-89

I was in the lot picking up party supplies. I don’t think the show was sold out. My friend and I got our supplies and drove home.
Foolish kids.
I’ve regretted it for years....

If that show is Vol. 13, at least I get to finally hear it.

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

What a show, what a run of shows!

My recent last five listens:
Grateful Dead - 10/03/76 Cobo Hall, Detroit (50 Trips CD box)
Annie Haslam - Annie In Wonderland CD
Blood, Sweat & Tears - 08/17/69 Woodstock (big 38 CD Archive box)
Glenn Miller - In The Mood and Other Hits CD
Grateful Dead - Warfield (10/09-10/80) CD

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

Hey Jeff if you find Sixtus 7-12 let me know. I can store it in The Collection with the first 6.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by Born Cross Eye…

I just sent some Renaissance to somebody I know. Made me listen to Live at Carnegie Hall. Carpet of the Sun and Mother Russia. Hadn't listen to them in quite a while.

There used to be a place in Jersey called Club Bene. My buddy Bob once quipped Club Bene had two types of acts. Ones on their way up and ones on their way down. We saw Renaissance there, place held maybe 1,000. She did Carpet! I had a period where I saw stock plays there. They had a dinner/theater deal. You signed up for 12 shows. For less than 20 bucks, you got two "wedding' type dinners and the show. Couldn't beat that with a stick, even in 75.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I finally made it here, I usually go to the recent posts part on the home page and click on one of the recent posts links to get here. Today, there wasn't any, too many escort service chicks trying to get laid and advertising as such. :) I tried to go thru the store and the header at top, but they both took me to a page that stated that my ip address was restricted and I was not authorized to access the site. Went through the backdoor to get here.
Lots of good talk about hard drives, I have 3 that are full of dead music, downloaded from etree or burned from my own cd collection, also some from lp's that I used audacity to extract, cool little program that lets you download music from lp's.
Last 5:
Randy California and Ed Cassidy, Adventures of Kapt. Kopter and Commander Cassidy in Potatoland, new 4 disc release some good live material on this one from back in 73.
Lucifer's Friend self titled
Alice Cooper Love it to Death
Leviathan self titled
Ten Years After Cricklewood Green
Next up Peter Gabriel OVO

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

for your kind suggestions regarding my dumping of iTunes and file storage...I regularly do back ups of back ups so that's all good...now to try and figure out my new Sony Discman that I purchased...

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Saw an interesting article on cnn today summarizing a Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs article on 3 cases of "LSD Overdoses". Turns out that 55 mg (that's not a typo, 55 miligrams) in a dose had a positive outcome for the individual in question, resulting in a reduction of chronic foot pain associated with Lyme disease. The other cases involved far lower doses, in one case a dose of 1 mg taken by a 15 year old diagnosed with bipolar disorder resulting in an apparent cessation of symptoms of bipolar disorder after the trip, and another individual at the same event who consumed about 500 mcg and subsequently discovered she was pregnant. The child born of that pregnancy did not suffer any ill effects through tracking to the age of 18 years. Interesting article, wouldn't mind reading the whole journal article.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Hey Dennis and anybody else that's interested: It may be a few days, but I'll upload Sixtus' Picks Volumes 1-12 (roman number notation confuses iTunes, etc.) along with a pdf of Sixtus' track listings. I'll post a link here once I get 'er done. Onward.

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

In reply to by JeffSmith

Well done man.

Sixtus

P.S. Charlie3, interestingly, I picked up this book yesterday called: 'How to Change Your Mind, What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence'. Not that my own mind needs changing, but its an interesting perspective from the author who didn't even try psychedelics until his 60's, but based on the ongoing/current related research and potential benefits, how all of this information changed his perspective to finally take the proverbial plunge. It's an interesting read so far, and ties in with a lot of the other stuff going on contemporaneously. I also did see that story about the lady who accidentally ingested 500 times more LSD than she should have, thinking it was cocaine (not sure how that mistake happened, but...oops?)..it may have even been one and the same of the ones you had referenced...

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

....crazy stuff.
Came home for lunch today with a package at my door. Sending address was from Kansas City. Opened it up, and lo and behold, KCJanes sent me some beers I've never heard of. Amazing. Thought he was joking when he said he was going to mail me beer. Thanks man. Never trust a prankster. Some Vegas beer heading your way with the bottle opener keychain when it arrives.

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

I wonder if the other reels were damaged beyond repair or just not there in the returned reels!! Can anyone remember what Dave said when Swing was released? Good audience tape is available.. Time to break out the Fillmore West 1969 box and play a show or two. Always love the Mountains of the Moon>Dark Star transitions. bob t

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html