• 945 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    We're feelin' Philly 4/26/83 and its '80s highs. See what we're on about when you pick up DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83, the final show of a three-week tour, played at the venue that the Dead played more than Madison Square Garden (there's your daily dose of Dead trivia). This one fires on all cylinders, with extremely well-played, high-energy tight sets featuring newbies "West L.A. Fadeway," "My Brother Esau," rarities like Brent's tune "Maybe You Know," precise medleys "Help>Slip>Franklin's," an inspired new pairing "Throwing Stones>Not Fade Away," and the Dave's Picks debut of "Shakedown Street."  And before you come down, we've got a prime slice of bonus material from the previous Spectrum show 4/25/83 and an extra dollop of '83 from the War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, NY 4/15/83 (featuring the Bobby rarity "Little Star").

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Born Cross Eye…

After listening to this show yet again, about 20 times after release, I find it, especially the 1st set after Shakedown, to be underwhelming. It just doesn't "do it" for me. Shakedown Street is the exception.
    Others may get it, but this one burns out on me. 3 bolts (out of 6)

• Jason Wilder
    Default Avatar

By my unofficial count, not counting the Bonus discs, Dave's by lineup:

J, B, B, Ph, K & D, M = 12.
    J, B, B, Ph, K & D = 12.
    J, B, B, Ph, M, Br = 7.
    J, B, B, Ph, Pig, M, TC = 3.5
    J, B, B, Ph, K, Pig = 2.33
    J, B, B, Ph, K = 1.67
    J, B, B, Ph, Pig, M = 0.5

No core 5. No Vince or Bruce. No Keith/Donna + Pig unless Donna is on that Academy of Music (not credited). Though with Europe '72 already released there isn't much to aim at (Hollywood Bowl + other Academy shows). No Dana Morgan Warlocks nor '73 horns shows.

• Oroborous

I was right and wrong, lol.
    It’s technically a 90s, but really another 80s…
    Let the whining begin ; = )

• onthebussince77

See you over there when the comments open.

• Oroborous

I’d like to see a 91 show to be equatable to others who like more than just 5 years…it’s WAY past time Dave!
    9/26, 4/1 or perhaps 10/31 would be logical choices, 6/22 would work but you have to wonder about some kinda GIANTS deal with video. 6/9 might fit?
    81 would also be a great choice, since there’s so many hot shows there, but I don’t think he’ll go 2 80s in a row again.
    I hear the haters T.P.ed his house, put sugar in his car, and kicked his dog after last year.

80 and 69 are most overdue. I don’t think he’d go 68 unless he uses 3 short shows, which would be nice!

I’d say wild cards could be 70, or 82, but again, I don’t see 2 80s in a row this time.

Something from the 90s is really really overdue!

• Jason Wilder
    Default Avatar

So, this year we've had:
    Dave's: '78, '73, '83
    Skull & Roses 50th + some 7/2/71 bonus.
    LTtR: '71, '72, '73.

It screams for 60's or '90's. I'd be really surprised if we got more early 70's or Brent 80s. Though acoustic '70/'80/'81 would be welcome, though I fear the tapes may not be there.

On that front, we have gotten cassettes with the plangent treatment (Da39), so maybe more shows are now in consideration.

• Oroborous

Here’s a Breakdown of Dave’s Picks
    (First #) = Year:
    (2nd =)Total Releases from this year/
    (3rd = )How Many Releases since last pick from this year../
    (4th =)Release # of last pick from this year

80: 1 / 31 / #8
    69: 2 / 29 / #10
    81: 1 / 19 / #20
    72: 3 / 15 / #24
    71: 3 / 13 / #26
    76: 3 / 11 / #28
    70: 2 / 9 / #30
    79: 1 / 8 / #31
    77: 5 / 6 / #33
    74: 5 / 5 / #34
    84: 1 / 4 / #35
    87: 1 / 3 / #36
    78: 4 / 2 / #37
    73: 5 / 1 / #38
    83: 2 / - / #39

No Picks from:
    66-68, 75
    82, 85, 86,
    88-95

• hendrixfreak

Jim makes sense about a '69 release, in that -- as daverock states -- this box really hits the sweet spot. I've only listened to 1 and 1/2 of the two '71 shows and they rock flawlessly or the flaws are musical, which reflects the forward energy of the band in performance. But with a huge glow around GD-fandom created by the box, Dave would really cement a lot of excitement for more by topping the box with what (at least Jim and I believe) is a fairly good stash of '69 shows still in the Vault. I don't think '80s. If Soldier Field June '91 is a multi-track, that's probably out for a DaP.

In a sense, a Halloween show would be welcome to explain the merch madness. I say that because if they're going "full merch" and every freakin' major holiday brings forth holiday-related merch, I'd be kinda sad. Yeah, maximize revenue, but everyone involved at the TPTB is doing fine. This was supposed to be about the music.

So, Dave, how 'bout a crisp '69 show to strenthen the faith factor? We'll know soon enough.

• JimInMD

Wouldn't that be sweet. I would say unlikely, but as predictable as Dave is.. he is somewhat hard to predict. I look at Dave's #8 as a risky step out of his comfort zone that turned out spectacular. Perhaps my favorite 1980 show (sorry Radio City and Warfield).

I think this is a complete wildcard. If the past is any indication on what's to come, an off the beaten path decent 80's show. ...but I just don't see this coming in this slot this year. I'm sticking my neck out and predicting 1969. There's still a lot of good sounding tapes from this period that have yet to be released and it just fits. Second guess 1991. As much as we would like to hold out and hope both the audio and video from these shows come out.. I haven't seen much success marketing shows this way. Which yields space to think about the real crown jewel #41, the season opener which will be announced sooner rather than later.

So 1968, I give an enthusiastic hell yes.. what we will actually get is a crapshoot.

• daverock

Alvarhanso - me being a bit facetious. It's just that the box has hit such a peak that it seems impossible for the next release to sound anything more than an add on. I would imagine it will be a show from the later years, which will obviously please a lot of people. Which is good. I would prefer 1968, but as my friend often reminds me.."It's not all about you !"

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

We're feelin' Philly 4/26/83 and its '80s highs. See what we're on about when you pick up DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83, the final show of a three-week tour, played at the venue that the Dead played more than Madison Square Garden (there's your daily dose of Dead trivia). This one fires on all cylinders, with extremely well-played, high-energy tight sets featuring newbies "West L.A. Fadeway," "My Brother Esau," rarities like Brent's tune "Maybe You Know," precise medleys "Help>Slip>Franklin's," an inspired new pairing "Throwing Stones>Not Fade Away," and the Dave's Picks debut of "Shakedown Street."  And before you come down, we've got a prime slice of bonus material from the previous Spectrum show 4/25/83 and an extra dollop of '83 from the War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, NY 4/15/83 (featuring the Bobby rarity "Little Star").

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

A truly great Phish show complete with 30 min Lawn Boy and 34 min Crosseyed...wonderful stuff

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

I think I'll skip straight to the scheduled Dark Star-St Stephen whatever, if that's alright. With a bit of King Crimson thrown in on the side.

user picture

Member for

3 years 2 months

In reply to by proudfoot

My wife called me a nerd, although I knew it would be appreciated elsewhere. Day off, second run through, finding a lot of things to love on this release. What will DaP40 bring? This is my first subscription, money well spent. It's fun to look forward to mail.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

I see the NYA have announced the release of December 4th 1970 Carnegie Hall double CD on October 1st. So 2 good releases that day.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I too will skip right ahead to the darkstar, thanks Daverock, you said what we all wanted to say. Was just listening to Satisfaction and Charlie Watts is going to be greatly missed on this US tour. It's like Led Zeppelin with out Bonzo. Get well soon Charlie

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

The Lee Morgan box set is in, cannot wait to give this a listen during the weekend.

DaP 39, #58/25000, sits and sits, waiting to be played. Not sure what to make of that. Dead fatigue?

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

So, I'm a little high and am watching various dead videos late last night and came across 3-3-87. An energetic, well played show, even with the typical 87 cautiousness. Especially the 1/2 step and the Quinn opener. The second set brings a St. of Circumstance. Again, well played until the closing section where they repeatedly sing:

Sure don't know what I'm going for
But I'm gonna go for it for sure.

The first run through goes fine, then Jerry gets out of sync and starts singing the opposite line as Weir. They do this 3 or 4 times, with Jerry glancing over at Bob with bemusement. I'm thinking there are three possibilities:

1) Jerry's genuinely lost about where they are in the song.
2) Jerry thinks he's right and it's Bob who went off track.
3) Jerry knows he's wrong but keeps going just to fuck with Bob.

Granted, like I said, I was high so I went with number 3. Couldn't stop cracking up about it.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

What a waste of ... everything. No Charlie, no Stones. It's that simple. And if you read about their early history, that's actually, factually true.

That's the final straw for me! Fake Rolling Stones! Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually serious. No Brian Jones? No problem. No Ian Stewart? Regrettable, but you can't raise the dead. No Charlie Watts?? Inconceivable!!!!!!!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 8 months

wilfredtjones - thank you for answering my question regarding the 4/25 bonus material on Disc2 in place of the balance of the 4/26 show. I thought that might be the case but figured the reason had be something far more mysterious.

Fortunately Dave was able to replace the 'Space' segment with ... 'Space'! Go figure! Although I must admit that I'm not a fan of starting a disc with 'Space' as the first track on the disc. More often then not I only have time to listen to one disc per night and sometimes 'Space' is difficult to embrace cold, with no prior songs to get myself into the flow of the show.

And Vguy, I totally agree! Philly DOES deliver!

I particularly like this version of 'The Wheel'. Meaty, big and bold sounding.

I'm only through my second listen but I can see myself playing this release more often than other releases.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Just rambling til they send me the upcoming 1971-73 GD box set...

BUT next year the Stones release their first album of original material in 17 years. What a waste! Jagger-Richards haven't written a decent song in 45 years, and I say that as a fan of the band. Why not stick with recording ancient blues staples and killing it, as they did a few years back?

(And how the hell is Steve Jordan going to channel Charlie Watts' inimitable small kit style??)

Okay, rant over.

45 years ago yesterday ( 1976-yes, 45 years ago ! ) I saw The Stones at Knebworth Festival. Hot Tuna were on earlier in the day, too. Unfortunately I was too wrecked and too far away to make sense of anything. There is a great recording of Lyrnrd Skynyrd's set from the afternoon now available on cd/blu ray. Its the only recording I have ever had by them - but its pretty good Southern style rock a boogie, with a spine tingling Freebird, dedicated to Duane Allman, to end the set.
Very strange watching a crystal clear film of an event you attended so long ago, in such a different state of mind.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

Daverock, I was at the First show of the 1978 tour in June and this was my first look at the Stones live. not a big fan of Ronnie Wood but went anyway and glad I did. The tickets had The Great Stoned Out Wrestling Champions as the headlining act which was a bit weird, but learned later that they had used pseudonyms in the past. Had great seats and they did a lot of debuts of songs from Some Girls, which was their new lp at the time. Don't remember much, except it was their 16th year together and they were pulling out a lot of Chuck Berry tunes, including Sweet little Sixteen. Doubt you will ever hear that song done by them again.
A band called The Henry Paul Band opened the show. A member of the Outlaws if I recall. 19th Nervous Breakdown was the first song I danced with a girl to, can't remember but I think it was the swim, or the boogaloo or maybe the twist, it was 1966 I think.
They have weathered a lot, First Brian, then Mick then Bill all left and they still just kept on truckin, but without Charlie, the actual backbone of the band, I just don't see how one person will be able to replace him..

I never saw them in 1978, Sam, but I have heard a few live recordings, and they were a lot sharper then than in 1976, when I saw them at Knebworth. Keith had dropped smack from his 5 a day, and punk had reared its ugly head between 1976 and 1978. The Stones seemed spurred into action, dropping their wasted glam rock appearance - they looked like drag queens at Knebworth - and going at it like tigers. Much leaner and more energetic. The studio albums of the time reflect this too - "Black and Blue" sounds very tired compared to "Some Girls" . They were still hyped up when I saw them in 1981. Too much at times - slow down that man !

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Has anyone considered or discussed the possibility of a 50th of Bobby's "Ace" LP, rec'd in Jan-March '72 and released in May? We know this is basically the GD on Bob's project, so Lemieux could certainly decide (with Bob's permission) to consider it a GD 50th project, or not.

Dave could couple it with the short 3-5-72 show (if they have both reels in the vault) or a late '71 or fall '72.

I know I'd enjoy it, but whether that's a real possibility must have crossed Dave's mind by now.

Anyone?

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

You and Phil really put out some great music.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 5 months

Sorry, I'm a set list geek, but another 5 is 2/8/86- 2/14/86. Funny enough, no Shakedown or Cumberland here either.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

50 years ago today………..

August 23, 1971
Auditorium Theater, Chicago, Illinois

Set 1: Big Railroad Blues-Playing In The Band-Mr. Charlie-Sugaree-El Paso-Next Time You See Me-Bertha-Me and Bobby McGee-Cumberland Blues-Big Boss Man-Loser-Promised Land -China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider-Casey Jones

Set 2: Truckin'-Bird Song-Cryptical Envelopment>drums>The Other One>Me and My Uncle>The Other One>Cryptical Envelopment reprise>Wharf Rat-Deal-Brokedown Palace-Sugar Magnolia-Not Fade Away>Goin’ Down The Road Feelin’ Bad>Not Fade Away>Johnny B. Goode

Deadicated to bkinva, ochs27, Born Cross Eyed in 1956, Gonzopolis, frosted, ummmmm..., PearlyBaker'sMan, Ziffle, jaydoublu, pc245, d-rock, rrussell8, nestamon, dan0,Kjohnduff1, and seabird17, because music, when soft voices die vibrates in the memory……

The second show in a row that opened with Big Railroad Blues, and the third show in a row with an Other One. Was there something in the water???

No windy city blues here. The Dead work it well. A nice, long, substantial show, absolutely worth a listen……

Rock on!!!

Doc
And then when I went to Chicago, that's when I had these outer space experiences and went to the other planets…..

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 2 months

Has anybody got this pick in germany yet? mine's stucking since 8/5 somewhere in san bernadino or so. really frustrating. sorry. looking forward to the "fox-box" nevertheless.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

what a song, RIP Don Everly, the songs of my early youth, knew every word to this one, the first members of the RARHOF.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

How long did it take you to find that, or was it top of mind? Check in to see the MSG runs from the 90's. I wonder how much redundancy there was in their respective set lists.

BTW, I was just thinking about starting a disc 3 with filler and what kind of options that could open...

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

a superbly reasoned response to my question on "Ace." ("Prolly not???" But why not, proudfoot??)

I guess cuz the artist is Bob Weir, not "Grateful Dead."

Well, if that's the case (proudfoot cannot be wrong), the HEY BOBBY, ANY OUTTAKES FROM THAT MONSTER STUDIO "PLAYING IN THE BAND"?

I'll say this: I refuse -- REFUSE! -- to wait til 2023 for a 50th Wake of the Flood. Load that one up with outtakes, please, and top it off with Watkins Glen soundcheck, thank you very much. Don't wait too long or I'll stomp my feet and hold my breath!!

It would be well worth marking with a 50th Anniversary release in my opinion. Not just for the fact that the band all played on it, but also for the fact that most of the songs on it became cornerstones in the Dead's repertoire ever after. Similarly, Jerry's first - an amazing album.
I am not the first to point out the Dead had enough great songs to have made several superb studio albums filling the gap between American Beauty and Wake of the Flood. That's including all the music on these two solo albums plus the new songs on Skull and Roses and Europe 72.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by daverock

They are cornerstones of their repertoire. Hopefully they have some unreleased stuff in their quivers.

Besides.. it's not like them to look the other way and commemorate anniversaries by not releasing something...

Not usually thought of as a classic GD album

I would welcome a redo....

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Agree.. except for PITB.

Honorable mention for Cassady, LLR and BTW. But PITB is a GD classic.

My two cents, I could be wrong. Garcia has Deal, Bird Song, Loser, To Lay Me Down, Sugaree.. well, perhaps it surpasses Ace, but Ace has PITB which counts for sometihng.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Is there anyone who has red hair or beard? I bought some black beard wax and received red instead. This is a small can of red beardgains pro-hold pristine moustache wax which is unopened. I will send it to you for nothing. My facial hair is getting gray, so I want to use anything to make me look younger. Ha.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by carlo13

....and I treat it with beard oil, not wax. I would post a linq to the ones I like, however....
Mountaineer Brand Lime & Sage is my current go to.
Because I love limes. And sage. And spirit.
Gotcha!!

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by Vguy72

Go to U-tube. Punch in Roland Kirk '63 and '67...I dare ya.
Hang for a while.
It's f'n fantastic.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 5 months

2/14/86 was my tenth show, so I've been aware of this run ( 2/8-2/14/86). The wonderful fanzine Golden Road created by Blair Jackson and Regan McMahon is one way I've learned about this run of shows and all things dead. First subscribed in 85' and still have all editions. Magazine started in '83, bought all the back issues.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

50 years ago today…..

August 24, 1971
Auditorium Theater, Chicago, Illinois

Set 1: Uncle John's Band-Sugaree-Playing In The Band-Mr. Charlie-Loser-El Paso-It Hurts Me Too-Cumberland Blues-Empty Pages-Beat It On Down The Line-Brown-Eyed Women-Me And My Uncle-Casey Jones

Set 2: St. Stephen>Not Fade Away>Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad>Not Fade Away-Sing Me Back Home-Truckin'-Big Railroad Blues-Me And Bobby McGee-Brokedown Palace-Big Boss Man-Sugar Magnolia-Good Lovin’

Deadicated to peakshead, prafter, The Winner, joegs, guit30, rich-raysmarinemoorhead, Lil Brian, SpanishJam, willis550, BigDeadFan, Duece, MiracleMan1982, Morning Sun, TheeAmazingAce333, stopbath, Willysin4wd, and Amy from New York, because memory that yearns to join the centre, a limb remembering the body from which it has been severed, like those bamboo thighs of the god…..

On their only (OK, two show) Midwest stop in the summer of 71, the Dead mix things up nicely. Unusual Uncle John’s show opener, the first versions of Empty Pages and Brown Eyed Women, and the weirdly inverted set two opening sequence of St Stephan/NFA suite followed by several individual songs to close out the set.

In the windy city, the wind blew strange……………..

Rock on!!!

Doc
One comfort we have - Cincinnati sounds worse……..

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

What a great tune, it was great to see the Dead pull it back through the keyhole for the acoustic shows in 1980. I also liked when Garcia & Grisman played it durring their acoustic sets, having Grismans mandolin on there was great. I think the greatest version of Ripple ever, was the version recorded on American Beauty, it has no equal.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

DL mentions in the skull & roses seaside chat that in ADDITION to the 4-Dave Picks this year & the Skull & Roses 40th release, there would 3 ADDITIONAL releases. Well, so far we've had the St Louis 1971-1973 Box Set. So what might the other two releases be in addition to Dave Pick #40?????????????

Let's first cover what shows have been released in 2021 & the year of those shows:
3 full shows from 1971 = (Skull & Roses including bonus disc, two full shows from St Louis box)
2 full shows from 1972 = (St Louis box)
3 full shows from 1973 = (Dave Pick #38, St Louis box)
1 full show from 1978 = (Dave Pick #37)
1 full show with filler from 1983 = (Dave Pick #39)

With that said, we can see that 2021 has been VERY heavy on the early 1970s period(certainly not surprising). TPTB have also covered 1978, we all know that the first two picks of each year are typically 1977 & 1974 (facts don't lie). TPTB also did that giant 1976 box last year......so my guess is we are done with the 1970s for 2021(seems logical & fair), except for possibly 1979 as Dave Pick #40. What would the other two releases in addition to Dave Pick #40 possibly be?????? My guesses:

1) Dave Pick #40 = 10/14/80
2) two show multi-track release from 1989 - POSSIBLY the long awaited Alpine Valley '89 shows
3) possibly some sort of release from the Warfield/RCMH 1980 shows (this was allegedly rumored earlier this year in some sort of fashion)
BRING SOME NEWS ALREADY!!! IT's SEPTEMBER ALREADY....where's the hint guy, BoZo????

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 2 months

I have been enjoying this release. Glad that we got a Shakedown in the Dave's Picks! Highlights for me on this one are all the bigger jams. As others have mentioned, the sound quality is great for the time period. I imagine that was a big factor in choosing this show.

I realized the other day that I had not heard any of the three picks for this year before getting them here. Its been a few years since that happened. Familiar with all the time periods but all new shows to me. I've enjoyed all three!

So far, the release of the year for me is the Paris 72 vinyl. Another show I had not heard before. Completely blown away by that one. Exceptionally good show and recording. Every song could be a definitive version type of show. Nice to digest it one LP at a time. Since I sprung for that one, I'm gonna hang back on the box set and get the two LP release there. Hard to keep up with all the good music here.

Grateful for all the great tunes. Turn it up ;-)

I am still laughing as I type this, it is Bolo, the hint guy.

But good luck with his hints. Haven't figured out one of his hints yet.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by docmarty

Yes, one of the true greats. The foundation Stone for so many great records and concerts. Another anniversary for me today-having seen them this day 18 years ago at Twickenham. It cost a small fortune, as I bought my ticket off a scalper, but it was worth every penny. Any future concerts Mick and Keith play can only really be considered a tribute to The Rolling Stones. The greatest rhythm and blues band England ever produced.

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

When I saw the Stones in 1994 Charlie started the show on stage alone , and the Stones came out and launched into Not Fade Away.. May the four winds blow you safely home.

in upstate NY this past week
Party outside
Live bluegrassy-type band
I heard Big River
A little later I Know You Rider
Then a little later BERTHA
Then RIPPLE

Totally unexpected

I liked that

Also talked with a gent who was at Woodstock. He didnt hear the GD because they played at 3 am or something.

NY is _humid_, by the way.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I'm pretty sure I have a copy of a friend's box set in which all Garcia solo studio got the outtake/alt take treatment. That leaves Bobby, as usual, out in the cold. With PitB, Cassidy, Greatest Story and Looks Like Rain, I'd say it's worthy.

RV3 is back and agitating for DaP 40. Okay, based on the data, it's clearly going to be two (2) 1969 shows. Can't wait.

Daverock, Robert Hunter deservedly lamented the lack of a studio record for those E72 gems. One of these days I'll make myself a road disc with the best versions from the E72 tour. Consolation is that each of those songs does have a definitive and magnificant live version to savor.

And, yes, the Stones are finished. Our beloved (the only Stone worthy of love) Charlie has moved on. So like the Stones to end as a band PRIOR to a tour. At least I'll never see 'em again. Caught 'em once in 1981 in Boulder and they killed it for more than two hours. I probably shouldn't have stayed up most of the night snorting blow and boinking my girlfriend before the show, but, hey, we were not lovable back then, just feral and full of it.

Coming up on 30 days til the new box lands. Gonna really take my time to savor these incoming shows.

A couple years ago I bought several Stones concert releases on BluRay.

Only saw them once, 1989 Pontiac Silverdome. 2000 Light Years From Home was trippy and the best part of the show to me, because I like it psychedelic. Fortunately, they play pretty much the same setlist every night and I have a pro shot video from a few nights before in Montreal. The last 1/3 of the show is smokin’ hot (comes after 2 or 3 Keith solo songs, he had a new album out, that are a little boring).

But for tonight, I want hi def video and good sound, so going with a bluray,
1972 “Ladies and Gentlemen”.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Does anyone have rockin the rhein to burn to cd? I will pay you for it and shipping too. I will pay pal it. Thanks guys.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-vol-39.html