• 945 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    We're feelin' Philly 4/26/83 and its '80s highs. See what we're on about when you pick up DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83, the final show of a three-week tour, played at the venue that the Dead played more than Madison Square Garden (there's your daily dose of Dead trivia). This one fires on all cylinders, with extremely well-played, high-energy tight sets featuring newbies "West L.A. Fadeway," "My Brother Esau," rarities like Brent's tune "Maybe You Know," precise medleys "Help>Slip>Franklin's," an inspired new pairing "Throwing Stones>Not Fade Away," and the Dave's Picks debut of "Shakedown Street."  And before you come down, we've got a prime slice of bonus material from the previous Spectrum show 4/25/83 and an extra dollop of '83 from the War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, NY 4/15/83 (featuring the Bobby rarity "Little Star").

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Born Cross Eye…

After listening to this show yet again, about 20 times after release, I find it, especially the 1st set after Shakedown, to be underwhelming. It just doesn't "do it" for me. Shakedown Street is the exception.
    Others may get it, but this one burns out on me. 3 bolts (out of 6)

• Jason Wilder
    Default Avatar

By my unofficial count, not counting the Bonus discs, Dave's by lineup:

J, B, B, Ph, K & D, M = 12.
    J, B, B, Ph, K & D = 12.
    J, B, B, Ph, M, Br = 7.
    J, B, B, Ph, Pig, M, TC = 3.5
    J, B, B, Ph, K, Pig = 2.33
    J, B, B, Ph, K = 1.67
    J, B, B, Ph, Pig, M = 0.5

No core 5. No Vince or Bruce. No Keith/Donna + Pig unless Donna is on that Academy of Music (not credited). Though with Europe '72 already released there isn't much to aim at (Hollywood Bowl + other Academy shows). No Dana Morgan Warlocks nor '73 horns shows.

• Oroborous

I was right and wrong, lol.
    It’s technically a 90s, but really another 80s…
    Let the whining begin ; = )

• onthebussince77

See you over there when the comments open.

• Oroborous

I’d like to see a 91 show to be equatable to others who like more than just 5 years…it’s WAY past time Dave!
    9/26, 4/1 or perhaps 10/31 would be logical choices, 6/22 would work but you have to wonder about some kinda GIANTS deal with video. 6/9 might fit?
    81 would also be a great choice, since there’s so many hot shows there, but I don’t think he’ll go 2 80s in a row again.
    I hear the haters T.P.ed his house, put sugar in his car, and kicked his dog after last year.

80 and 69 are most overdue. I don’t think he’d go 68 unless he uses 3 short shows, which would be nice!

I’d say wild cards could be 70, or 82, but again, I don’t see 2 80s in a row this time.

Something from the 90s is really really overdue!

• Jason Wilder
    Default Avatar

So, this year we've had:
    Dave's: '78, '73, '83
    Skull & Roses 50th + some 7/2/71 bonus.
    LTtR: '71, '72, '73.

It screams for 60's or '90's. I'd be really surprised if we got more early 70's or Brent 80s. Though acoustic '70/'80/'81 would be welcome, though I fear the tapes may not be there.

On that front, we have gotten cassettes with the plangent treatment (Da39), so maybe more shows are now in consideration.

• Oroborous

Here’s a Breakdown of Dave’s Picks
    (First #) = Year:
    (2nd =)Total Releases from this year/
    (3rd = )How Many Releases since last pick from this year../
    (4th =)Release # of last pick from this year

80: 1 / 31 / #8
    69: 2 / 29 / #10
    81: 1 / 19 / #20
    72: 3 / 15 / #24
    71: 3 / 13 / #26
    76: 3 / 11 / #28
    70: 2 / 9 / #30
    79: 1 / 8 / #31
    77: 5 / 6 / #33
    74: 5 / 5 / #34
    84: 1 / 4 / #35
    87: 1 / 3 / #36
    78: 4 / 2 / #37
    73: 5 / 1 / #38
    83: 2 / - / #39

No Picks from:
    66-68, 75
    82, 85, 86,
    88-95

• hendrixfreak

Jim makes sense about a '69 release, in that -- as daverock states -- this box really hits the sweet spot. I've only listened to 1 and 1/2 of the two '71 shows and they rock flawlessly or the flaws are musical, which reflects the forward energy of the band in performance. But with a huge glow around GD-fandom created by the box, Dave would really cement a lot of excitement for more by topping the box with what (at least Jim and I believe) is a fairly good stash of '69 shows still in the Vault. I don't think '80s. If Soldier Field June '91 is a multi-track, that's probably out for a DaP.

In a sense, a Halloween show would be welcome to explain the merch madness. I say that because if they're going "full merch" and every freakin' major holiday brings forth holiday-related merch, I'd be kinda sad. Yeah, maximize revenue, but everyone involved at the TPTB is doing fine. This was supposed to be about the music.

So, Dave, how 'bout a crisp '69 show to strenthen the faith factor? We'll know soon enough.

• JimInMD

Wouldn't that be sweet. I would say unlikely, but as predictable as Dave is.. he is somewhat hard to predict. I look at Dave's #8 as a risky step out of his comfort zone that turned out spectacular. Perhaps my favorite 1980 show (sorry Radio City and Warfield).

I think this is a complete wildcard. If the past is any indication on what's to come, an off the beaten path decent 80's show. ...but I just don't see this coming in this slot this year. I'm sticking my neck out and predicting 1969. There's still a lot of good sounding tapes from this period that have yet to be released and it just fits. Second guess 1991. As much as we would like to hold out and hope both the audio and video from these shows come out.. I haven't seen much success marketing shows this way. Which yields space to think about the real crown jewel #41, the season opener which will be announced sooner rather than later.

So 1968, I give an enthusiastic hell yes.. what we will actually get is a crapshoot.

• daverock

Alvarhanso - me being a bit facetious. It's just that the box has hit such a peak that it seems impossible for the next release to sound anything more than an add on. I would imagine it will be a show from the later years, which will obviously please a lot of people. Which is good. I would prefer 1968, but as my friend often reminds me.."It's not all about you !"

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

We're feelin' Philly 4/26/83 and its '80s highs. See what we're on about when you pick up DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83, the final show of a three-week tour, played at the venue that the Dead played more than Madison Square Garden (there's your daily dose of Dead trivia). This one fires on all cylinders, with extremely well-played, high-energy tight sets featuring newbies "West L.A. Fadeway," "My Brother Esau," rarities like Brent's tune "Maybe You Know," precise medleys "Help>Slip>Franklin's," an inspired new pairing "Throwing Stones>Not Fade Away," and the Dave's Picks debut of "Shakedown Street."  And before you come down, we've got a prime slice of bonus material from the previous Spectrum show 4/25/83 and an extra dollop of '83 from the War Memorial Auditorium, Rochester, NY 4/15/83 (featuring the Bobby rarity "Little Star").

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 39: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 4/26/83 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

Well , well , well, 40 years ago today I was at the Greek Theatre to see the good ole Grateful Dead, this was my favorite show of all the Greek shows, this 1981 run was my favorite run of all the Dead Greek runs. Cousins, you're right these 3 shows would make an excellent box set. Time to get the steaks on the bbq and crack another beer. Muddy Waters is playing Louisiana Blues and another killer day here in the Bay Area.

user picture

Member for

3 years 6 months

You know how I know Ron Wood is fuxing great? Because he’s been in so many great bands. Ever listen to the Creation, his early, mod-era band? Fuxing great. And of course you’ve heard the Jeff Beck Group albums, with Rod on box? Fuxing great, too, right? And then there’s the Faces, no need to say more about their fuxing greatness. And then the Stones, who experienced a renaissance with the arrival of (huh huh) Wood and made their last great records with him.

Ronnie joined the Stones at a time when nobody in that band like anybody in that band. They weren’t speaking to each other, let alone jamming together, but Ronnie was a guy that everybody liked, everybody got along with, and he got them talking to each other, and jamming, again. He was a perfect match for Keef, and unlike some I could mention (**cough**Mick Taylor**cough cough) he didn’t care who got credit.

Also, the Man did Shred. For anyone seeking confirmation, I would like to refer you to his solo on ‘Gimme Shelter’ on the “L.A. Friday” release, which is on Youtube. I was at that show, and my face hasn’t unmelted yet.

I would also argue that, by jeebus, his solo albums are better than any other Stones’s.

I will say without apology that you can’t pretend to love rock and roll without loving the Stones. But I will also say that by all indications, Mick and Keef stopped giving a shit decades ago, as evidenced by their inability to produce anything resembling a great new Rolling Stones song since at least 1989 and “Mixed Emotions.” That’s over 30 years ago, kids. And their perpetual oldies tours have just gotten embarrassing. Swear to Bog, you could probably prop up a scarecrow, put a burning fag in the kisser, and tell people that was Keef Richards, and they’d give you $200 ticket.

OK, I’m pretty hard on the post-‘80s Stones. It’s only because they were so fuxing great back in the early ‘70s when I basically lived to Rock, and I loved ‘em so much back then, and now for almost 40 years they’ve been a Dad Rock punchline. They’ve kind of disgraced their legacy, IMO. But you can’t blame Ronnie. At least they let him in the band pictures, unlike the bass player who’s been with them for 30+ years now, longer than Brian Jones walked the Earth.

Wood. Huh huh. Huh huh huh huh huh. ````````` (SHUT UP AND PASS THE BOLE, DUDE.)

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Crow Told Me

Brian Jones was prince of cats in the 60s.
Ron Wood was also in a pretty cool band in the 60s called The Birds. Check out "I'm Leaving Here" later covered by Motorhead.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Yeah, HF I thought that title sounded a bit fawning. But if you want the real story, go to an authoritative source. And technically I was at 7-7-78 but was hanging out in the parking lot trying to avoid security without a ticket. Got there maybe halfway through the first set after working in Ft. Collins and tried to find my friends' cars so I could catch them after the show. After hanging (hiding) out in the upper lot and hearing a fair amount of the show I got chased back to the lower lots where I did find their cars. Turns out I was needed as a designated driver as some within the group were feuding about something or other after the show so I'm glad I went. Then had the real ticket for 7-8-78 and have never been the same since. Literally. Can't say it was a "bad" trip, as I've never really had one, but I did some weird things afterward. Sort of had the fugue state going for a couple of weeks after that one. I always blamed it on having tripped while still getting over being sick with the flu. But, as usually happens, a not so good thing can lead to better things and I got the wild idea to move over to the Western Slope. Best thing I ever did! And I got to see what for me is the Holy Grail of my limited eleven shows attended. It has been a real pleasure getting to compare what came before and after my first show here on this site with so many knowledgeable people. I should also credit David Gans show when I discovered it shortly after he started The Grateful Dead Hour. Helps me realize how special my user name is to me. Every time I listen to that show now I can appreciate what a ripper it was in the context of the day and what was to come later. (despite Bob learning slide on our time) So keep it coming HF!
Cheers and Latvala!

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by 1stshow70878

Liked "despite Bob learning slide on our time" The gift that keeps on giving...

Love the good vibe posts, keep em coming.

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

40 years ago today, another great show at the Greek Theatre, . The Dead kicked it off with a killer version of Shakedown Street. Hopefully, these tapes are in the vault and will be released one day.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

One of them shows where they played not only China>Rider, but Scarlet>Fire AND Estimated>Eyes. DaP 20 is another. Can anyone come up with YET another? Sorry, don't have my DeadBase handy...

So glad you made it, billy the kidd. You're right, it doesn't look like a board tape has seen the light of day. Here's hoping it will some fine day... :-)

Have a Grateful Week, everybody! :-)

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

If you'd had the purple dragon blotter, you'd have been fine. Hope you got the box with these two shows or the tapes, both nights were scorchers. I especially appreciated the Jack Straw opener and Jer's Candyman -- first night, I think.

That is all. Off to the Green River for a couple days of paddling. Irony: air quality, for once in weeks/months, looks good, though Moffat County has the highest covid infection rate in Colorado. I'll stop once for automated gas and hit the camp chair with a guitar and a beer ASAP tomorrow night, then 15 miles down the cool Green, which is running 1615 cfs -- low but good enough for this house-bound zombie Red Rocks evangelical.

Don't even get me started on the Allman Brothers, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan, Santana shows I caught there as well, starting 47 years ago..........

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Yes, someone did say, "Motorhead". It was this fire/knife juggler guy in the Danger Committee, whom I saw Labor Day at the MN Renaissance Festival! During their crazy-good (and just crazy) show, wherein they tossed all kinds of heavy/dangerous/flaming objects to/over/around each other, as part of their banter the main guy mentioned Motorhead, at which point another guy in the group made a joke about how obscure the main guy's references were. I DID imagine that you would have liked to have been there to hear that!

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

I just read a very timely article in something called the bold italic by a cat named Steve Kettman. He was a grad student at Cal and these were his first shows. He had contacted Rex Jackson at some point to recollect on the shows, and Rex said "One thing that is interesting about it is there are no soundboard tapes of it". Sorry, but I can't post the Lancelot Linc.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Glad you liked that memory. Woke up today thinking I had shared too much. You reminded me that I'm among kindred spirits here. I think it was the orange sunshine microdot, or maybe the purple dot. Everyone else who had it did not end up streaking the neighborhood for fun at midnight a few days later. The roommates had some 'splainin to do when the cops showed up after I was already asleep. Their loss I guess.
Ah yes, the '90 Allman Bros. at The Rocks was my first ABB since the 1974 Mile High Feyline Sun Day #1(6 bands? OK there was ABB, Marshall Tucker, Steve Miller, Elvin Bishop, and Wet Willie. Only 5 if I haven't forgotten anyone). Pretty sure the '90 RRocks ABB was my first time seeing Warren Haynes and he slayed it. I was sure they had reincarnated Duane. Maybe a Bonnie Raitt around then too. And Tom Waits. Bonnie brought her new hubby on stage for a bow and it turns out she married Noonan from Caddy Shack! Really! The other standouts are the mid-70's Eagles and CTI (record label) Jazz All-Stars shows. I don't have the quantity but loved every show, hence the never saw a RRocks show I didn't like disclosure.
Have fun on the Green R. HF! Sounds perfect. (not CCR's Green River I guess)
Cheers all!
Edit: Looked up the Feyline shows and they were all called Sun Day #something and by year. So I think that mine was June 23, 1974 but the list on a blog site was iffy and hampered by faded memories of both Barry Fey and his ticket buyers. If there was a 6th band it may have been the J. Giles Band. Warm Coors and not enough porta-potties. May explain why I still can't stand Coors!

user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

slobber and drool, the red dragons were also very good, along with the gold dolphins and the purple unicorns. Those were the days.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Box set coming soon to a doorstep near you.....

Was just listening to Road Trips Autumn '71 / Austin 11/15. Jerry nice and loud. Good PITB for not having the extended jam.

.. Any You knew you could trip then
You were young and liked girls, not men.
Mister we could use some acid like
Orange Sunshine again....

Next verse someone else....

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Didn't need subscription rate
everybody ordered late
Gee my burner's working great
These are the days!!

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

having a good belly laugh

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

People seemed to be getting bent
Five dollars a balloon was heaven scent
Freaks Were In the Shakedown Tent
Those were the days...

Good fun guys.. that came out of nowhere.

Edit: By balloon.. Nitrous, not H Balloon. Happy go lucky, not dark and gloomy...

I had a choice between a colonoscopy or seeing D & C tonight.........I went with the colonoscopy. But at the first sound of "What's Become of the Baby", "You Don't Have to Ask", "Cream Puff War", or any song that has not been in their rotation for the past 5 years, I will jump off the couch and head to Deer Creek, a/k/a Ruoff.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

Stoked to see D&C added two Red Rocks dates next month. SO glad I held back on going to Fiddler's (it blows in every way) and I'll bet there are mixed feelings among those who plunked down major coin for that debacle only to have Red Rocks appear at the last minute like the miracle it is.

To each his own about D&C, I shall not debate anyone here. It is what it is, and what it isn't, it isn't.

First 5 post-pandemic shows:

Guns N' Roses
Eagles
Van Morrison
Dead & Co.
Ween

Jerry Cantrell lined up for 2022.

\m/

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by LedDed

Ha.. great add Proudfoot. I had to edit my last post and replace Herbert Hoover with Owlsey Stanley. I could not let the old title stay..

Too funny, great add, I had to use it.

As for D&C, I think Led said it best. I will add.. it would be a lesser world if new GD music ceased after Jerry's passing. I am glad the torch gets passed. Believe it if you need it.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

In a way, archival releases, and records I never heard at the time of their release, feel like new music to me when I hear them now. I have no nostalgic feelings whatsoever about this new 1971-1973 box. I barely knew who The Dead were then. So to me, this will be as fresh and relevant when I first hear it as if it had been recorded yesterday. Not coming to England, D&C barely register with me. I don't feel tempted to buy one of their live cds though. If there are any.

I also noticed that there are moves to make possession of nitrous oxide illegal here in Blighty. Not that I have ever had any. I think the only way of accessing that in the 70s was if you had a tooth out.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Here in the Netherlands more and more cities are banning the use of nitrous oxide. It's use is totally out of control here. If you drive down a motorway, chances are you will see drivers with balloons hanging out of their mouths. After quite a few traffic accidents, the police have found balloons or tanks in the crashed cars. There are shops where you can buy as much as you want or need and tanks can be delivered to your door if that is what you want. It's use has been lynked to a number of spinal cord injuries in some heavy users, though how the injuries are related to nitrous use is not clear to me.
Personally I have no experience of the stuff. Way back when I was very young and the dentist administered an anaesthetic, I always chose the cocaine injection instead of the nitrous gas. That was back in the good old days before the real thing was replaced by Novocaine, it's synthetic equivalent which merely blocked the pain without delivering the pleasure.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by simonrob

Jeff Spicoli says "People on Nitrous should not drive..."

I think there's a few posters here that have first hand experience on why driving and nitrous should never mix.

I don't believe you can legally buy tanks here in the US.. but you can get those little whipped cream cartridges. Then again.. you can still find tanks at dead shows (I think) so someone is able to buy them. We used to call them the Nitrous Mafia back in the day.. it's not clear how some people were able to buy copious volumes of tanks and they didn't look too much like dentists. I always wondered if there was an organized crime element.. where you found tanks you found people with fists full of cash and they seemed to have more questionable business practices than the grilled cheese around the corner.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

rufkm

my minimal experience with N2O taught me to...not drive with N2O going on. and pretty much to avoid N2O.

YIKES.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

It seems to me to be the height of stupidity to drive under the influence of any mind altering substance, not just nitrous oxide.
I'm amazed it is so popular in the Netherlands - maybe it is here and I just don't know about it. I associate it with people in their mid teens for some reason - like solvents were in the 70s and 80s.

Typical reaction to ban a substance that's perceived as problematic, though. You would have thought history and current affairs would have demonstrated that this hardly ever works.

Also typical of the Brits to substitute cocaine with a substance that relieves pain but offers no pleasure. Good God, you can't have people enjoying themselves!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I was at a nitros party once and this couple I vaguely knew left with several balloons for their drive home. 10 minutes later they were back, huffing balloons. Turns out, they were doing those balloons on the drive, went off the road, wrecked the car, and decided to go back for more. That cracked me up, but a little sad as well.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Vguy72

Guilty as charged, no cure for young and dumb cept hopefully age...
Not to justify, but I was “experienced” at much of these things by then.
We were in FLA for the fall 88 shows. My buddy was there in his terrapin turtle van with his three tanks of medi-pure...
Can’t remeber the details, another serendipitous GD story, but once he acquired the tanks through automotive or mechanical means or such, he stumbled into access that some how having the proper HW and? Luck, BS? Can’t recall, probably didn’t want to know lol, but next thing ya know he’s way dialed in.
Same with Oxford and much of 88...
But in Miami, we’d had been given a HUGE Lincoln Town car by the rental agency since they didn’t have what we rented...long fun story there, hell that whole trip to Miami was interesting...
So big beautiful car,
It was a HUGE five lane highway with zero traffic...
Cousin Pumice was right there in case his assistance was needed...
Scorching Bucket blasting on the big stereo...
Ballon was intended for back at the pool, but it was a perfect FLA late afternoon and, well, it happened....
Not too much, Just a touch of the mojo hand...
Fortunately, only consequence was after a very brief moment I was over a lane and Pumice, not a man of many words or expressions, thus the name, just calmly said “don’t ever do that again” which from him meant something, and so, no, “that’ll never happen no more”....
My only defense is reading Fear and Loathing too much...buy the ticket...
at least that’s my excuse and I’m stickin’ to it!
And though it was interesting, and I cannot caution all, still might warn a few....

Edit: another thing that we got into some what briefly but beyond a superficial level, and another thing that I didn’t court long as I felt like “this is not good for my body”...same with x, and even acid among others...
Never felt that way about fungus or erb. Keep it organic kids!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Nitrous (non-medical grade) is used in drag race cars, so there are small portable tanks (fit in a duffle bag) that can be mounted in vehicles to give a rocket boost when needed.
Sulfur is supposed to be added to make the gas stinky so that people won’t inhale it.
But, some places didn’t have sulfur in their nitrous….

For an even smaller portable tank, think Blue Velvet (the movie).

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

all hell breaks loose over here!

Ah, the nitrous, we absorbed using whippets -- single cartridges.

And no, you shouldn't be doing anything but drooling in your lawn chair after a hit. Can we all agree on THAT??

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Impossible - my balloons were always spent by the time I got to the car.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Ha!!!...Driving home from the Hollywood Bowl on two hits of Sunshine was a blast....

user picture

Member for

3 years 6 months

and I was kind of scared of it, tell ya the truth. I think somebody told me that the way it "works" is that it cuts off the oxygen supply to brain. Which sounded maybe Not Good? So it wasn't my thing, and I never drove on it, which is kind of remarkable, considering how we all used to drive on Whatever.

I am reminded of a comment made to me by an ex girlfriends dad, back in the beginning of time. Words to the effect that if young men don't kill themselves or someone else by the time they are 21, they've got it made.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by daverock

And yes Crow I remember the term "hippie crack". Apt.

First time a friend and I were in Vancouver BC. Some guys liked our GD shirts. We hanged out and they produced little silver containers. I inhaled and went into a headcave. "Thats all for me, thanks."

Then Eugene in 94. Got into a tourbus and inhaled. Stella Blue sounded so beautiful...then I came back and stayed with other "goodies" from then on.

Driving? HOW?

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Never heard of Flashback World Productions who produced and published this 2-CD of 6-29-76 Chicago Aud. Theatre. Looks like an unauthorized publication (read bootleg). Found on FleaBay and they are asking an outrageous $77.77 + shipping. Haven't done my research. Hasn't this show been released elsewhere? Probably someone's poor attempt at stealing a show off the radio or the like. Any clues? Why would they think they can ask this much?
Cheers to the weekend!
Edit: Yes, a radio broadcast on WXRT. And it has the final Mission in the Rain according to Deadbase-X. Thank you Colin!
Edit 2: Saw that Euro (LUX.) copy on Fleabay for $129.95!!! Another through Discogs for 10 (British pounds) with the note that it could not be sold in USA. Makes me wonder if Mojo Filter and Flashback World Productions are one and the same. Come on folks, it is not that rare. I found an old traded tape copy in my own collection of this FM broadcast. Prices on older DiP's and DaP's vary widely out there.

The 29 June 1976 show was also put out, in Europe at least, by another grey area company Mojo Filter. In the UK this was (is?) available from Amazon for about $16. They describe it as taken from a radio broadcast. One track ‘The Wheel’ is on the ‘So Many Roads’ compilation.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Thanks to whomever posted about the Greek 81 Story. I googled Steve Kettmann and Greek Theater and found it. Great read, highly recommended! It quotes Blair Jackson saying the Greeks were the beginning of several California outdoor venues - Greek, Frost, Cal Expo, Ventura.

Thanks to every one here for such interesting and informative conversations.

user picture

Member for

2 years 8 months

This is a killer show, if you have it please put it out as a release. You can put it together with 9/20/70 another killer show, looks like soundboards exist for both shows. 9/19, 20/70 would make for a great Dave's Pick #40.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-vol-39.html