• 1,905 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • TLE2023
    Default Avatar

Hi!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this box set please let me know. I have one I am looking to sell - never played. Going to post it on eBay but figured I would try here first.

• Lovemygirl

... I first mentioned this when the giants Boxset was released.
    **🙏❤️💀🌹
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/bob-dylan-the-grateful-dead-rehearsal-sess…

*Jack Whatley·
    **July 7, 2020
    *** “Listen back to Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead’s mammoth 74 track rehearsal session,
    1987!”
    *** https://archive.org/details/gd1987-06-01.sbd-rehearsals.fraser.97489.sh…

• comdata55
    Default Avatar

I missed out on this one, couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Anyone looking to sell their set? If so, please send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

• taylorvz
    Is anyone looking to…

Hi all,

Is anyone looking to sell or trade their box set? I would love this set and unfortunately was unable to order it at the time it came out. It was up on the website, which got me excited, as I was hoping to purchase it for my birthday. Alas, it is on there but is totally sold out. Let me know. Thanks!

T

• icecrmcnkd

CD’s have unique serial numbers that identify them.
    If someone types in the song names and uploads the info, it becomes available to everyone.
    For that reason, when I import CD’s to my hard drive I do it on a computer that isn’t connected to the internet. I then type in the info in the format I want it in.

• Dennis

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

• icecrmcnkd

I have not had a problem importing Rhino GD CD’s, other than Road Trips 10/77.
    I do it on a Mac but don’t use iTunes, I use Toast which I have for burning discs.

• deadgroveway
    Default Avatar
    Repeated problems with metadata on box sets.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

• headdead
    Default Avatar

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

• icecrmcnkd

Downloads are not included.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Some folks would be happy just to have one dream come true
But everything you gather is just more that you can lose.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

Just received my Giants stadium. I noticed on the Blu-ray it is not wide screen. Seems the video and sound are a bit off. Anything I can do to fix that?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

....'91 and '89 are down the hatch. (Making some hatch chile infused burgers as we speak btw). All grate shows for sure, but '87 has a West LA, Tons Of Steel and a Push and the BEST Take A Step Back I have ever heard in the first set. My Touchhead radar is pinging.
All the Drumz/Space in these shows are worthy.
Victim Or The Crime? Tricky song to judge. I would cringe when I saw it live, at first. By the second verse however, I was all in. If Foolish Heart followed, all bets were off. Lol.
Mrs. Vguy appreciates the nod. You can call her Cheryl though. She won't mind. Unless you spell it with an S. Then look out!

Not sure coming from me this is the greatest thing, but you hit the nail on the head with songs mentioned
I don't remember the show maybe msg, philly when first heard West L A. But I do remember the feeling.....explosive. I was do 30 shows a year at that time. I don't know where my deadbase is but it had to be one of the 1st times played. I have loved it ever since

....was the first song I actually paid attention to live. Anaheim '87. My group walked in late. Tons Of Steel was playing as our tickets were torn. As we were walking down the aisle to the floor, they played it. I was like, " How do they even know where I am?" In West LA youngun.
It was my second show. The first one was just a metal head in an unfamiliar environment taking it all in. Beautiful girls will do that to you.
So yeah. West LA Fadeaway. Los Lobos loves it.
Thanks again Bob Hunter.

I hope you're kidding. A no everyone I'm not going to start a rant. I'm not really a fan of Victim but we have enough censorship don't need anymore. As far as I know the only song taken out of the playlist by popular demand was Day Job. I think that was because they played it so often back when. Nowadays I've got my Chinese partner at work telling people that and he knows no US sayings other than the ones he's picked up from me

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by snafu

...and he didn't.
Hank Williams III
Probably 'cause Hank III didn't want to be a part of it. Just my guess.
Hank Sr.'s grandson. Jr.'s kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6B-X6EEiHE
If that somewhat trips your trigger then check out the album Straight To Hell. One of my favorites. Thrown Out Of The Bar, Things You Do To Me, Country Heroes, Low Down, Smoke & Wine just to name a few of the country-as-fuck gems on this one.
Like Zappa and Ween, ya gotta be a little selective when dipping your toes into the Hank III stuff. He does some punk shit too, but boy oh boy does he sound and act like his granddaddy when he really leans into it.
Get some...

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

jRf....thanks man, that’s some good shit that I’ve not heard before...Mississippi Mud cranked right now!!!

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

I'm not living there now, but Thrown Out Of The Bar was pretty much our theme song in Jackson all those years ago as skiers and snowboarding deadheads way-back in the day.
Now it's Aspen Hole...and it sucks.
;O)

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by CaseyJanes

Owes me money.
Do you have a valid number or address? PM me.

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Just let it go. Trust me. What's a few bucks man?
Just let it ride...

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

Ha.. I worry sometimes that people here will begin to take me seriously.

Thanks for the honest feedback. ..and for the PM with the addy, home and cell #. I'm on it.

Finally reading the spiral notebook and beginning to rip the CDs. It's been a week. Would have been a bit easier if Hank paid me what I was due.. topic for another day I guess. KCJanes.. tragic story, so sad to read.. hey.. are you going to Hampton? PM me bro.

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Cocksucker still owes me for a bunch'a busted windows down on town square.
Oh well...
;O)

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

A simple PIN would suffice.

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Jim reminded me that Dead & Co. are gonna be at spaceship Hampton so I just looked up tickets.
Fuck me. Nothing under $100.
are you fucking kidding me?

I guess I'll never see anyone from the Dead play live again...

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Ticket prices are an issue.. sucks man.

Still.. If something pops up for price.. and someone magically PMs me.. I would go. So long as it doesn't pop up on one of those automated campaign finance reports, we should all be good. :D

Love Hampton.. only a seven hour drive from where I live now.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Anyone else have/hear the glitch in Loose Lucy from 6/17/91 at the 3:30 mark on the CD? The dynamic level changes, and they're off the beat one was tapping to. There is a slight time leap. Sounds like it's on the master; the clock on the player does not skip a beat.

The Victim petition person was kidding; but Victim is the one song I've started skipping.

Best to you, LMG . . .

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

DAVEROCK

In the UK the available DVD has only 4 discs compared to 10 in the US version, because that is how the BBC edited it, so I have always refused to buy it. I don’t have a Region 1 player so can’t watch the US version. I notice it is possible to watch the full version on PBS America which can be accessed via Amazon Prime in the UK for a subscription. A 7 day free trial is available so if I have that much free time over a week I might watch it like that.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

Thanks for the information about the above dvd box set, Colin. I don't have a region 1. player either, and the British version must have been edited to death to reduce the content from 10 discs to only 4.

Its actually quite confusing looking on Amazon UK for available versions. The first one that pops ups has a picture of Louis Armstrong on the cover, and is described as a "special edition." Looking further on , it seems it has only 4 discs, was released on 2013 and is 728 minutes long.

The next one that crops up has a navy blue cover, has 7 discs in it, and was released in 2015. But its only 555 minutes long! So the one with 7 discs is actually shorter than the one with 4 discs. Maybe its safer to pass on this one.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by daverock

Get a region free DVD player.
I have a Philips, it plays NTSC and PAL DVDs no problem.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

turntablenow-dot-com is a fake website.

Posts on Reddit confirm that, but I didn’t read those until after the fact.

I ordered some vinyl from there (never received the vinyl) and within 2 days my credit card was being used in Luxembourg to pay Skype bills.
Fortunately I got the bank to reverse all charges.

Unfortunately the real damage is that I will no longer trust less well known websites and will now only buy from Amazon and local brick and mortars. Good for the local shops, not so good for a small business that may be trying to establish a website.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Totally out of hand. I don't even understand the system anymore. If I go to Ticketmaster they advertise some concerts but then I get redirected to Stubhub or whatever. Why all the sudden it seems is scalping legal? Where is Pearl Jam when we need them?

I guess I should just consider myself lucky that I saw all of the great bands when tickets were still cheap. Or I guess I should say still reasonable. In the seventies you could see all of the big bands for under ten bucks right? I even splurged to see some of them from up close in the late 80s / 90s, before I figured out the Ticketmaster bulletproof method of getting within the first 10 rows. But those were the good old Glory Days, long gone.

I am very much looking forward to the Madison Square Garden Show on November 1st. My cousin and I are going, and he's the person I saw the Dead with when Jerry was alive both times. We tried New Jersey two summers ago and got rained out of the second set. Not going to happen at this venue...

The timing couldn't be better so I bought a couple of Halloween t-shirts off of the site here. There really a nice selection. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter that Halloween is the night before, but couldn't very well skip on trick-or-treating and go see Dead & Co.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 9 months

People, People, People—CALM DOWN! I thought we were all supposed to be a lot less tightly-wound than many of our fellow citizens. I only suggested a petition to digitally excise VotC from future releases as a JOKE! Is my writing really so poor that no one picked-up on its satirical nature? C’mon—Lighten Up! Especially YOU, “Mr. Ones”—SHEESH! Admittedly, I do despise that Tune myself—Live, Studio, whatever--and I heard Jerry say he didn’t like it either on _many_ occasions—but that’s just my opinion. For those who really dig the Song, more power to ya! Carry On!

I took it that way.

I really do like Victim ... and Day Job for that matter - "God bless the child that's got his own stash, a 9 to 5 and a place to crash" indeed!

Hmmmm .... Victim>Day Job - now there is a combo that could have been a great first set closer. The bathroom lines wouldnt have been nearly as bad at set break too! :0

Oh and yes Stoltzie - once again you and I are right on the same page. Wave to the Wind was possibly the very bottom of the barrel for both Lesh and Hunter!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

The 10000 copies of the box did not comprise 5000 with DVDs and 5000 with BluRays. There were 4000 copies with DVDs and 6000 copies with BluRays. That was stated on here when the box was initially announced but I cannot find it anymore. It was also stated in the Rolling Stone article that announced this box. As to how the boxes are numbered and if it has anything to do with the format of the video content is possibly something that would make a good subject for a doctoral thesis.

My order status still shows "Not shipped" but who knows? It wouldn't have reached Europe by now anyway, I suspect. Damn.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

"I" think what happens is.... pure assembly line process. You have a pile of disc, boxes and books. Maybe a two sided line, one doing the dvd, one doing the Blu-ray. Grab a box, sent to next person who puts the cd's in, then the book which already had the cardboard thing around it, next sticks it in a box and a label gets automatically stuck on. So book numbers are truly random in the box they go with. Once again, what "I" think.

Jim - I spoke to Hank 3 about the money, it was polite until he told me to "piss off". I was like "What, Mofo?" Let's just say he won't be playing guitar with finger nails for a while! (the only part that wasn't bloody was the souls of the big man's feet)

Vguy - so your wife's name is Cheryls? ( I always like my "S's at the end)

Has anyone received all of the shows via download? I received an email last Friday (9/20) from Dead.net stating that the Giants Stadium 1987, 1989, 1991 digital downloads had arrived. The email only included a link to the 7/9/1989 show. Nothing for 1987 and 1991 or the 7/10/89 show, and I haven't received an email with additional links today.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I always listen to suggestions people make on here, because the Grateful Dead is the kind of band where you can miss some real golden moments within a song. So I immediately jumped to DP 23, and the Tennessee Jed is indeed awesome. So I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation, and as I reread your post, I noticed that you said DaP 23, as in Dave's Picks, not Dick's Picks!

Well now of course I'm immersed in the 1972 Dick's Picks 23, where Little Friskies and China Rider came on next, and that's one of the best China Cats of 72. Even the Rider has some outstanding guitar playing from Senor Garcia. And now it's Playing in the Band. I'd be an utter fool to turn this off. But I will get to the King Arthur's Court DaP 23 Jed spon.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

After getting home last night from Incubus, I found myself with enough fuel still in the tank to play disc 1 with headphones, and I have to say the sound quality is excellent and exceeded my expectations.....but I skipped "Push". There, I said it!

Of course the bathroom break songs - Way To Go Home, Samba, Wave To The Wind, Shoe Fits.

I was generally somewhat disappointed to hear the tuning notes of Victim or Corinna, but at least they usually jammed it out at the end which made the songs tolerable.

This might get me tarred and feathered, but I never liked The Weight as an encore. It’s a mid-1st set song at best.

SCBoss - I had the same problem only I received the 2nd night 1991 only. Several others have had the same problem. I had an email saying I’d get a new link but nothing has been sent yet.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

On the subject of skipping songs I would like to nominate Lovelight, from mid 1969, not including 1972 , on to whenever they last played it. The Pigpen sung versions are alright when they can sort it out in about 15 minutes - any longer than that and it can be a bit of a chore.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

I’ve just had an email telling me the boxset is now available and I should hurry to order it before it sells out. Since I ordered it on 1st August I won’t panic and buy it again. I checked and mine is still marked as ‘not shipped’. I don’t really expect to see it for a couple of weeks yet.
Perhaps the staff in the new warehouse are being sent on a training course in how to send items to Europe and they won’t ship until they have all passed the exam :)

Edit
I had another look at the email and clicked the embedded link. It opened a YouTube video showing the set being unboxed. It looks good and I eagerly await its arrival.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Ice cream, when paying with credit card did it have a padlock in the https// box? That's scary. How did they get past encryption? ----- Snafu, I have box #07938 in dvd so it's all random.

user picture

Member for

7 years

I would call or e-mail to check and see if they in fact do have your order in their system. This (not shipped) may be a clue for you to see. Also check weather your bank acct. has been charged. Even so I would check. No harm in being safe

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by carlo13

I placed the order with an iPad.
Yes, the padlock at the top of the screen was locked. It’s in the screenshot I took.

Also, the site was the first listing in a google search.

According to what I saw posted on Reddit, the fake site used all the text and images from another site.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Don’t worry about your Box quite yet. The email received today said:

“We've come upon release day and no doubt, some of you have already got this one in your hands and your heads.”

So, apparently 9/27 was ‘release day’, even though mine and other’s order confirmations said 9/20.

Hopefully your Boxes are in Switzerland ready to ship to you with no outrageous additional charges.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

.... jealous guy over here chiming in. Reddit > everything else.
The numbers game. It's random. I have mine and you have yours - Throwing Stones.
Fifteen plus Lovelights.....Jerry went through half a pack of Camels to the end.
Billy Strings released a new record today...https://open.spotify.com/album/6Wpawdx7fSuBAKY0t793fx?si=Wd0KS6ugSpioxM…
Good cooking music....somehow I think it will make it taste better.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Just picked up my box from work after returning from vacation. Just in time for the weekend!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

This box is awesome.

So far ventured through 7/12/87 and 7/9/89.

The '87 show is perfect. Perfect performances, perfect execution. Jerry is giving 110%. Everything one could want from any show from any era. The best "Take a step back" ever in the first set. They set up a funk groove. Hip-hop Dead. If only they could have integrated more of that. The Second set "Take a step back" references Walk Like an Egyptian in 80s pop culture. Great stuff. Glad this year is getting duly noticed finally. 87 is to the 80s what 77 was to the 70s.

The 7/9/89 show is another winner. The NFA is worth the price of admission alone. When they dug into NFA in this era, they mean't it. Jerry's playing is so elevated here. If that solo doesn't do it for you, I don't know what would.

So sad about Robert Hunter. That's been eating at me all week. Got to see him a couple of times. RIP

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by SPACEBROTHER

....my eyes have been opened.
Love the Bangles.
Even my wife, Cheryls, said "that was.... different."
But seriously. Who is this Billy Strings guy. Holee shit.

user picture

Member for

7 years

Holy shit is right. Nice to see this kinda music w/o the stupid cowboy hat douce bag look. They look as cool as the music sounds. No offense to reg. Cowboy hat wearers.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

I came upon an emotional point last night watching the vidio. While I have all the released and a dozen trade videos I very rarely watch shows. The last time was at least a year or 2 ago.
Now like everyone here Jerry meant a lot to me. I was even lucky through a friend to experience the band up close and personal ( I helped set up and take down McNally's wedding setup at the Oasis in the city,Jerry was best man-) a little bit. So anyway I listen to a lot of Dead, but 5 minutes after the start of the video it hit me. I miss Jerry. It's been a long time since I've felt it like that. I haven't gotten that from an audio show in a long time. I miss Jerry

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/giants-stadium-1987-1989-1991-boxed-set.html