• 1,905 replies
    Anusha
    Default Avatar
    Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • TLE2023
    Default Avatar

Hi!

If anyone is interested in purchasing this box set please let me know. I have one I am looking to sell - never played. Going to post it on eBay but figured I would try here first.

• Lovemygirl

... I first mentioned this when the giants Boxset was released.
    **🙏❤️💀🌹
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/bob-dylan-the-grateful-dead-rehearsal-sess…

*Jack Whatley·
    **July 7, 2020
    *** “Listen back to Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead’s mammoth 74 track rehearsal session,
    1987!”
    *** https://archive.org/details/gd1987-06-01.sbd-rehearsals.fraser.97489.sh…

• comdata55
    Default Avatar

I missed out on this one, couldn't pull the trigger at the time. Anyone looking to sell their set? If so, please send me a message and we can figure it out.

Thanks!

• taylorvz
    Is anyone looking to…

Hi all,

Is anyone looking to sell or trade their box set? I would love this set and unfortunately was unable to order it at the time it came out. It was up on the website, which got me excited, as I was hoping to purchase it for my birthday. Alas, it is on there but is totally sold out. Let me know. Thanks!

T

• icecrmcnkd

CD’s have unique serial numbers that identify them.
    If someone types in the song names and uploads the info, it becomes available to everyone.
    For that reason, when I import CD’s to my hard drive I do it on a computer that isn’t connected to the internet. I then type in the info in the format I want it in.

• Dennis

If I understand what you mean by metadata. I use cd-ex for all my ripping. There seems to be a "place" where all the cd info is kept. Sometimes I have to enter it all in and I always believe "no one" has sent it in yet. I believe cd-ex has an option to upload it once you type it in, but I never do. Sometimes you can have a choice of which data you want to use because it can give you several label options to choose from. I assume I-tunes has the same sort of data base and until SOMEONE sends the data in, it ain't there. I'm never quite sure what method they use to identify which cd you want to rip. Do cd's have an identifying code sequence in them? Purely based on track number and time of? Unsure. I sure about one thing, the less the cd is known, the greater the chance to track info will not be there. I just sucked in 7 albums of Igor & the Red Elvises,,,, only one had the info available, the rest I typed in. Generally with the Dead stuff at least, you don't have much to type since they can't fit that many songs on one cd. Unlike that bluegrass stuff, where there are 35, 2 minute songs,,,,,, all with titles that contain 37 words and special characters!

• icecrmcnkd

I have not had a problem importing Rhino GD CD’s, other than Road Trips 10/77.
    I do it on a Mac but don’t use iTunes, I use Toast which I have for burning discs.

• deadgroveway
    Default Avatar
    Repeated problems with metadata on box sets.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Grateful Dead box sets. Every time I try and rip them to my non-iTunes system the data results in an unholy mess. Dave Pick's 33 doesn't make any sense, the Rutherford Box likewise. I am sure others are having similar problems and I have written to Dave to report. He's reporting this up the line as he's not responsible with pressings. I'd love to know what others are doing and whether there is a solution out there?

• headdead
    Default Avatar

I pre-ordered this and got the email that my order was on its way back in the fall. It never showed up and I waited a long time before contacting customer support. We went back and forth for months with me contacting them periodically for an update. They mentioned the warehouse issue and then finally created a new order. I then got the email stating that due to issues I would see a refund in 5-7 business days. The next week the box set was sitting on my driveway. Hopefully those out there who didn't get this get the same surprise. This is the only order I have ever had an issue with.

• icecrmcnkd

Downloads are not included.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

Buckle up as we take a deep dive into Giants Stadium!

What's Inside:

5 Previously Unreleased Complete Giants Stadium Shows On 14 Discs

7/12/87 (24-track masters)

7/9/89  (24-track masters)

7/10/89 (24-track masters)

6/16/91 (48-track masters)

6/17/91 (48-track masters)

Blu-ray/DVD video of the complete 6/17/91 show, mixed in surround sound  Mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering with Plangent Processes restoration Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 10,000

By 1987, the Grateful Dead had lived many of their nine lives but were about to embark on one not a soul had seen coming. In The Dark, their first studio album in seven years, had spawned a hit (A TOP 10 SINGLE FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!) and "Touch Of Grey" begat a new generation with their fanny packs and their MTV and their undeniable quest to join the party already in progress. And boy, did the Dead let them in! But not without fine-tuning their sonic vibes to meet the new demand.

"The Swamp," as Giants Stadium was affectionately known, along with the grandstands the Dead had been frequenting, would seemingly equate with BIGGER and LOUDER, but the band "remained determined to give equal weight to the more subtle, oblique elements; to the exploratory improvisation and rhythmic complexities; to the fine details of the most heart-rending ballads as well as the weirdest dissonances in the jams."

With GIANTS STADIUM 1987/1989/1991, we retrace this journey from their 1987 breakthrough to their 1989 revelation ("the closest they ever came to sounding like a really polished stadium-level rock act, but the band’s penchant for breaking out of the constraints of song structure and into freewheeling improvisation will remind you just who you’re listening to here") to their transformative return in 1991, aided by elegance of Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby.

GIANTS STADIUM: 1987, 1989, 1991 features five previously unreleased shows that were recorded at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ on: July 12, 1987; July 9 and 10, 1989; and June 16 and 17, 1991. Originally recorded by John Cutler, each show has been mixed from the multitrack master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA, and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser at Airshow Mastering. The first three shows are mixed from 24-track masters. The final two from 1991 are the only Grateful Dead shows ever recorded to 48-track masters. We’re rounding things out with a little visual stimuli -  the entire multi-camera 6/17/91 concert recording on either two DVDs or a single Blu-ray, both with a surround mix by Norman.

Due September 27th, this release is limited to 10,000 individually numbered copies and available exclusively from Dead.net. We highly suggest you grab a copy while you can so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out.

Prefer your boxed set byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day. You can pre-order it now too.

Jerry clearly sings “to heal my soul” on 10/1/94. So much emotion and it felt like Garcia was providing a little foreshadowing for us all in that version. Always loved that song.

Vguy - I am on board with the NHL. Watching the Caps/Blues now. How classy are the Blues and specifically, Colton Parayko? First they fly Laila Anderson to Boston and bring her on the ice after winning the Cup so she can hold it. Then they just gave her a Stanley Cup ring. Great stuff.

Box set ranking. That’s an easy one. What would I do if I woke up to find the house on fire. With one hand I grab E72 while the other grabs FW69.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

....I don't have E72. Came out when $ was tight. Piecing it together though. Don't have FW69 either. I do have the comp. Dodged my radar. Other than those, I'm in.
Question. Do all the other boxes equate to those two? I'm talking formulas here.
I 💜 the skating sport
Spotify took me to Poi Dog Pondering yesterday. Pretty cool. Thoughts?

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

Did you see that they gave Laila the ring too?
Total class.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

....and I wholeheartedly agree.
VGK up 3-1.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Vguy72

Okay, Angry Jack Straw, house on fire, I grab both Spring 1990 box sets and Winterland 77 in my pants! I lived the mid eighties to 90 with this unbelievable band. 77 because of course it so damn good. All three still in regular rotation for me.
Dave's 32 should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

talked about merging mind left body with dark star. you talked about this about other songs. sometimes the surprise into can be WOW. I assume though you keep the originals intact and clearly mark your mock up as not to pollute the music stream, right? :-)

I've seen you, others, myself, talk about the terrible, life changing affliction of being a completists. I was riding to work the other and day and thought about my long standing and long costly completist act. We used to call them alimony payments because they never go away. Yes,,,, it's the Snap-On Man,,, the Matco Man,,, the Mac Man. They roll in weekly and sell you the tool you need. 20 years in the fuckin business, 75 screw drivers in the draw, but, this is the NEW one, the one a 1/4" short so it fits between part a and b and car c. Oh yes, this is the one! Just 5 bucks a week and you can own that 1/2" air gun. Sure you've been buying a while I'll trust you for 10 a week. Next thing you know you spending 5G's a year and you're able to push around 60k worth of tools! Talk about completist talk,,, simple thing like a 10mm,,,,, 1/4 and 38 drive deep and shallow, 10mm combination wrench, short, regular, long. Box wrench, short,regular, long in both regular and deep offset. Ratchet box. See what I mean. And, oh god, they leave a toy catalog with you. You sit at night with the tv running showing the wife the newest tool made, though, she doesn't seem thrill with the idea. In fact the first year at the accountant when I produced 5,000 bucks worth of tool receipts she seem to surprised! Go figure.

user picture

Member for

7 years

It is funny how you mentioned grabbing boxes of dead in a fire. I have a fire plan in play myself. First the dog then Daps on top of dog then giants box on top of Daps then dead dvds on top of that then criterion movies on top of that, then go outside to sidewalk, then back in to ask girlfriend if I left anything behind then back out the door to watch my prize possesions. It so simple.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by carlo13

I have talked about this in my house. E72 and FW69 including the Bonus D.

Too funny..

I now have this visual of Deadvikes rescuing all the box sets mentioned, tossing the last one out the door to safety just as full scale combustion envelops him ala the burning guy on the cover of Wish You Were Here.

"...Deadvikes will be dearly missed. He is survived by his loving wife, his six children all named Charlie Miller, IKO his dog, Ripple his cat and all 16 of his Grateful Dead Box Sets. May he rest in peace."

user picture

Member for

7 years

Right! We are now ready and waiting for disaster.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I keep all my dead sets in a wood armoire next to two large windows in the dining room. That way if a fire happens I can use my adrenaline (a la mom whose baby is trapped under a car) to lift the entire thing and pitch it through a choice of one of the windows (I like options). The damage to inside contents though present would hopefully be minimal...it is on the first floor after all. Dog passed away from lymphatic cancer last May so luckily my only concern is gone...the wife has long legs and is nimble, she'll be fine on her own.

Although the vintage 1970s Mutron and other Jerry pedals I have in my rig would need to be collected as well. Damn, maybe my fire plan isn't all there!?

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Labrador retrievers are strong as hell. They're easy to train, they're fearless and they are loyal to a fault.

Yes Dennis I keep the originals intact. The album in its original form gets put into a digital folder with the file names of the songs numbered in the order of the concert (the audio tags don't actually have the numbers on them, so the song name looks normal when it pops up on my digital player). Have even gone so far as to rearrange the order of the songs if they were placed out of order just to sit on the CDs. I like my song orders to go exactly the way the concert flowed. 30 Trips 1973 had some stuff out of order that I fixed by renumbering them. Then I simply put any special edits in the same folder with no number in front of them at all. This puts them at the end of the list because the list goes in alpha-numerical order and numbers come first. So that's a long answer because I'm a babler. The short answer is I keep the shit intact as it should be. I even take it a step further and I separate each show into its own folder. So something like Dick's Picks 33 is in two different folders one for each show and I've manipulated the artwork so that they read part 1 and part 2, so that if you're scrolling through my list of shows, it looks like they are two separate releases.

Deadvikes can I assume you don't have Europe 72? Or you're leaving that one to burn?

Europe 72 obviously is the first one I'm grabbing followed closely behind by Winterland 1973. The rest are stored in a suitcase with a strong rope toy attached to the handle. My black lab Dexter is trained to pull the suitcase by the rope toy on command. No show left behind.

Good thinking with the Dog.
I don't have the E72 box. Couldn't do it in 2011, diapers and daycare ate up a lot money. I have picked up 5 individual shows. Hope to pick up the box some day, but the prices keep going up on eBay. Hard to find one less than $1200.

user picture

Member for

8 years

....I’m not selling anything. This Art Boxsets forsale are being sold by a friend of mine in San Fran! ;) this are Official Stanley Mouse ArtWork. Just friends helping friends, have a grateful day everyone. Peace be with you all ! 🙏❤️💀🌹

user picture

Member for

8 years

All my music is in a storage facility, temperature controlled & fire proof except for a few CDs I keep at home for some music therapy time. I rotate from my collection every month or two ...keeps me mapped & grateful ! 🙏❤️😎💀🌹

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Lovemygirl

.....first thing I grad is my backup hard drive with all the boxes I have on it!
Now if only I had a dexter for all the hard copies 😃

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Hurry, hurry, hurry. Available for a limited time the Rock-it Vault will solve all of your fire and disaster music preservation needs! The Rock-it Vault (patent pending) is a secure vault constructed of space age alloys and Space-X technology. In the event of fire or other natural disaster your custom made Rock-it Vault will self seal and convert to a multi-stage rocket, launching your precious musical cargo into geosynchronous orbit, where it will remain for the duration of the disaster. Once the disaster is over, simply send the signal to your Rock-it Vault and it will return from orbit to preset coordinates for retrieval of your precious music. Act now, only a limited number will be available and once they're gone, they are gone for good. Isn't your music worth it?

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Charlie3

This could come in handy during divorce proceedings providing it can orbit until settlement without interference. The last divorce in my circle ended with the E72 box being split, she got all the Dark Star shows and he got all The Other One shows. Bickershaw had to be ripped in half.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I know DL said there were issues with the other shows in the vault, but what do you all think about the 92-95 shows? How were they? Any of them worth revisiting? (For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of spring and summer '93. I've also listened to some great shows from summer '92 and '94, though recognize these are more hit or miss.)

6/14/92
6/15/92
6/5/93
6/6/93
8/3/94
8/4/94
6/18/95
6/19/95

as someone who was there, trust me they are not worth it. Great memories...but not really worth the effort to re-listen

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years

In reply to by 80sfan

Well, I caved. After saying I wasn't going to get it, I got it.

My lord was I mistaken. These are amazing shows - well played, great sound, etc. The band sounds like they are truly having fun. Can't believe I was ever on the fence about these.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

In reply to by 80sfan

Will Power, why is he never there when you need him? My Boxset is still processing Yawn!

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

Just started with Cleveland Convention Center 12/6/73... Bonus disc from Denver Coliseum Road Trips show........ So good, listening to China>Rider, must remember to protect speakers at end of I know you Rider!!! Always look forward to the 46 minute Dark Star..... After I think i am going to listen to the 12/12/73 Omni show, I think would be a great Dave's picks or the other Curtis Hixon show 12/18/73 (was on Sirius the other day at noon).....Fall is here in Rhode Island today 54 degrees right now!!! Bob t........... P.S. never thought about a fire plan for my collection but now worried!!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by bob t

...that's a really, really good one. And for whatever reason, that China > Rider ranks up there with my all-time favorites. I think it's the way that Jerry hits some lovely bendy notes during the transition, then the Feeling Groovy portion is just expertly executed all the way through. A true gem. That Dark Star is nothing to scoff at either, clocking in at almost 45 mins. The Eyes & HCS are sweet too.

https://archive.org/details/gd1973-12-06.147505.sbd.pc.miller.flac1644

Sixtus

P.S. sign me up for Rock-It Vault Please. And why not go a step furthur, and do like Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and just have personal escape pods that do the same thing during such catastrophic events. Space Party? I actually read an article a week or two ago about some scientists purporting to actually propose such a thing; nano-wires that could serve as elevators to space and geosynchronous orbit. RAD.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

Ha.. was just messing around with this last night. Spectacular little ditty. I didn't make it past Rider, it was late..

This show came up recently on an side discussion with a regular poster here.. you know who you are!! What a small world.

I was also thinking of the all the fall 73 shows when AJS brought up 11/17 Pauley Pavilion. ..thinking what a good tour it was, specifically 10/19/73 and 12/18/73. Similar minds I guess.

Edit/Add:
While we are side-tripping on the Willy Wonka theme.. I want Wanka Vision that turns any CD / LP into a three dimension five senses overload. Hey.. who dosed the chocolate river? Bad Umpah Lumpah, Bad!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I've just found out that Larry Wallis died on 19th September. He was the first guitarist with Motorhead, and appeared on their first album, No Parole. But to me, his greatest contribution to British culture was as one of the almighty Pink Fairies, writing, singing and playing lead guitar on their third album Kings of Oblivion. Opening track, City Kids, was later covered by Motorhead.

Pink Fairies were one of the seminal underground bands of the early 70s in Britain. In fact, they used two drummers, partly as a result of seeing The Dead in 1969. But they sound nothing like The Dead, I have to say.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

I would say "ththththththaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkksssssssss, mmmmmmaaaaannnn"!!!!!

60s band the Seeds have a song called Chocolate River

"your mouth is a chocolate river..."

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by daverock

I hadn't hear of Larry Wallis before

a raise of the proverbial glass to you, Larry

This as I listen to Motorhead's "Bastards"

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

My two Europe 72 and 30 Trips Around the Sun.

Top 5 China Riders

Road Trips 2011 Bonus Disc
DaP 13
DP 12
Road Trips WoS
Sunshine Daydream

I think Dave's Picks 28 was lost in the shuffle. This is a fine show with great sound. Anyone listen to this Slipknot? Holy smokes. Unexplainable that this recording sounds so good and the show that they picked for 1976 on the 30 Trips box set sounds so bad. Was their real tape recorder in the shop or something?

I checked out that Stanley Mouse artwork link LMG. Looks kind of cool. I don't understand the part about you making a phone call to get whoever to sell them. Can you retell that story.

The Warlocks Box set is now available in Alac on this site for $19.99!
Great deal if you don't have this.
I wonder what else might show up in digital on this site, could be pretty cool if they put up some other older box sets.
I have a couple of the download series releases and love the music, but the pauses between songs are awful.

I agree with your take on Hendrix and as I said I'm getting it. I just wish they had gone complete and released the soundcheck and aborted concert in late January.
Btw have you seen the ad for the 1 time showing of Experience @RAH in the theaters. Leads me to suspect they might finally release the movie. I got a VHS back in the day but it was pulled from the market in maybe 4 weeks.
Even if they can clean it up don't expect much in the way of video quality. Not real good but of course worth having
Now back to my 2nd love FZ

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

Just noticed they put up the Warlocks shows on digital for $20 and of course I just bought this boxset off Ebay a few weeks ago for $200 after wanting it forever. Just my luck, lol.

Having said the above, I hope this is a new trend and they will put up other limited edition long gone boxsets that never saw a digital option. I still need the Filmore 69 box and Winterland 77 as well. Would be thrilled to see those released on digital!

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

I'm Space Ace, of course I'll take a rockit vault. Does the labrador retriever get lauched with it? Haha, I have a lab, you can train them to do some things I will testify.

Those Stanley Mouse art kits are way overpriced. Probably fake too.

I would take GSTL and Fillmore West 1969. I don't have any of the big sets, too much cash.

Funny you mentioned Bickershaw Jim I have it playing at the moment. I don't get all the noise they make on some of these Other Ones. I could have sworn I heard Weir say Garcia's guitar sounds like an elephant.

user picture

Member for

7 years

I can not get enough of this peggy-o version. It's just sweet as honey.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by carlo13

....I attended the Sat and Sun Shoreline shows in Oct '89. Missed Friday, where they busted out Death Don't. Rumors were swirling about Dark Star in the lot. So close, yet So Far.
Fast forward a week....yeah.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 7 months

I’ve put in a paypal claim considering it’s 10 days since I was told 3 business days to get my downloads. Disgraceful service

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 3 months

Has anyone got his Giants Box in Europe/Germany yet?
Mine is just processing and processing and ...

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

back at you. check pm

Hi Gerhad - I went overboard and bought the digital and two copies of the box (1 for me and 1 for a friend). The digital came after a false start with just one show. One of the boxes is supposedly with UPS (gasp) but is awaiting a label! The other is still processing.

Fingers crossed.

For what it's worth, the reviews on this box are pretty consistent. For me, it far exceeds expectations. The sound quality is top shelf and the performances memorable and powerful. It's on par with Spring 90 TOO, but offers a bit more diversity.

Good luck.. hope it all comes through quickly and without incident.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by gerhard

I'm in California, my order has been stuck in "Processing" status for 2 weeks; hoping to get it before the next DaP announcement; actually, I'm just hoping to get it at some point, period. That's some distribution they have,,,

user picture

Member for

5 years 10 months

Hi, Gerhard.
Same problem here in Switzerland. A neverending, unnerving processing...
Two days ago I contacted the customer service by e-mail, but still no answer (though they confirmed to have received my request).
Please let me know in the comments when it will be shipped for you. I'll do the same.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

I've been listening to this box set way more than I thought I would when it was first announced.

Not sure if it's the mix or the sound quality or the overall energy of the performances (or all of the above), but even the usual late era skip-overs breeze by without me wincing and fumbling to jump ahead.

Goes to show you don't ever know...

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

This morning I gave a second listen to a new album I picked up recently, the De Lorians self-titled album. Kind of some cool stuff, hard to categorize, but I would go with a combination of prog-rock and jazz fusion instrumentals. Pretty cool if you like that kind of thing. Started the morning with Yes 90125, haven't listened in a while, but it brought me right back to the time frame in which it was released.

Skulltrip, good post, pretty consistent with my feelings on this box and the manner in which it exceeded expectations. I still haven't had a chance to listen to the last show, but all others have been excellent. I think at this point the first '89 show in the box is the highlight for me. I knew the sound would be fantastic, but the shows exceeded my hopes. Even though I like later era dead, it can be inconsistent, but the shows in this box are all consistently stellar.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by Vguy72

this one doesn't count, although it actually does:

1988. Tacoma 8/26 (eh, better than nothing) and Eugene 8/28 (blech, so bad that last time I tried to listen to it I just got angry).

then
9/2/88 on the other side of the continent (did not attend)
9/3/88 RIPPLE ENCORE. (did not attend)

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/giants-stadium/giants-stadium-1987-1989-1991-boxed-set.html