• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
    Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
    Producer's Note by David Lemieux
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
    Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cheryleula

Thank You!

• Slow Dog Noodle

just noticed this says sold out. Its about time. I don't know what took so long. This is a fantastic box set.

• eyes43

The first two listening days players are mixed up, on the main page for the July 78 box set. Just thought admin might want to fix that! Peace!

• perithecat

marye , could you have a look at my order number if you can 137400000224478
    ordered on nov 27th and still nothing . any help would be appreciated .

• ecce homo
    Default Avatar
    July 1978: The Complete Recordings delivered today

Hi just an bit of info for people who were in a similar position to me: I ordered the Box Set (as part of a larger order) on 9-21-19, and it arrived today, so a little over 3 months later. I had written CS once (on November 26) and received a reply on December 3 from Warner Music Group Customer Service which read, in part:

Due to a complex warehouse move we now have a significant backlog of both customer inquiries and shipments, and as a result we haven’t been able to deliver at the level that we pride ourselves on.
    For those waiting on their orders, while we wish we could give you an exact estimate as to when your order will ship, we are still awaiting the exact order status details that we urgently want to get to you.
    We are putting 100% of our focus and dedication into a solution to this shipping delay, and are currently working with our warehouse partner to send out outstanding orders.
    We wish we had been able to have communicated this to you sooner, but we had relied on assurances from our warehouse partner that they would be able to quickly resolve the backlog of orders, and they haven’t been able to honor this commitment. We must again apologize for this delay in reaching out to you.
    While it is not our place to be making requests of you, we do hope that you will continue to be patient with us, as we work through these issues and work with our current partner to ship out your order as soon as possible.
    We are genuinely sorry for the delay and inconvenience associated with your order, and we thank you for your patience and understanding to date.

HANG IN THERE FELLOW DEADHEADS!!!!!! AS ALWAYS IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT.
    However, I don't see the Box Set currently listed for sale on the Dead's site right now either? My S/N was 091xx of 15000.
    Peace and Happy Hanukkah!

• carlo13

Merry x-mas to you too. Now the july 78 box completely disappeared from the site which makes me nervous. There were still a bunch left too.

• RobbZ

I feel for you, man. I made the mistake of ordering a simple CD (Terrapin Limited--3/15/90) for a Christmas gift some three weeks ago. Alas, it still sits in a "processing" status. Email requests have been answered with the same "robo-response" bullshit. And what makes it even more frustrating is dead.net had absolutely zero problems charging my credit card the day I ordered it...that portion of their logistical process seems to run flawlessly! And by comparison, I ordered other Christmas gifts from the Foo Fighters, Rush, and Pearl Jam websites the same day as my Dead order, and holy shit, like magic, all their merchandise arrived, as ordered, in less than a week.
    This "we're moving our warehouse" excuse has grown pathetic and old...any logistical issues dead.net is having should be transparent to the customer! But allow me to end my complaints with a few suggestions, as I'm the kind of person who won't complain without bringing some solutions to the table....: (1) SHUT DOWN ALL SALES UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO COMPLETE AN ORDER! (2) DO NOT CHARGE THE CUSTOMER UNTIL AFTER A PRODUCT SHIPS!

Merry Christmas All---and Carlo, if you're really Jonesin for those 78 shows, PM me (if it works) I'm sure I have a copy's I could share

• fourwindsblow

It may take a little time be patient.

"Due to a high-volume of email traffic, there will be a delay in response time".

• Kengoesto11

Wish I knew. I was hoping to confirm that the order will be recognized instead of forgotten. So I tried Dr. Rhino and got the same robo-response/apology as regular customer service email. These responses include a reminder that multiple inquiries may further delay an order...so handcuffed, LOL! But I can still play the shamisen and there are far worse things. It's all good.

• carlo13

I also ordered this box 7 weeks ago and still nada. I am waiting patiently because it will eventually ship. I will say it will ship on Dec. 22. What date do you think.

user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

July 1978: The Complete Recordings

What's Inside:

• Five Complete Shows on 12 discs
• 7/1/78 Arrowhead Stadium: Kansas City, MO
• 7/3/78 St. Paul Civic Center Arena: St. Paul, MN
• 7/5/78 Omaha Civic Auditorium: Omaha, NE
• 7/7/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
Producer's Note by David Lemieux
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Is it the Juicy Wiggle factor that threw you off? If I had to pick, it would be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Anchor Steam. For wine, a much tougher decision, but I am a Pinot and Old Vine Zin guy with some vineyard and vintage favorites. No F*cking Merlot. I think we need to collectively develop a hybrid strain of Indica, we should call it Juicy Wiggle, but only if its really, really good (which it will be).
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Listening to 2/15/73, Madison. No stranger to this show.. the DS is outstanding, but I have never been so memorized by the Playin' in the Band. Simply outstanding. oh.. and VGuy stepped into his garage for a little JW Kush.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

By the time I get there, it will all be gone..
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....you might be surprised....
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

Right now it's all I can listen to because at mid nite its 82 and feels like 89 outside.Sunstroke Serenaders I can relate to. It's so damn hot out I wilt going to the mailbox. And I'm a native! But I'm getting old fat and ugly. Too Hot to Handle!
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

:))))))))))))))))))))))
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

The Lou Reed Live album "Take No Prisoners" recorded at the Bottom Line in NYC is well worth a listen. This politically incorrect, hard rocking concert is among my favorite live performances. Warning: If you find Pig's raps offensive you may want to skip this one...Enjoy!
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

The Lou Reed Live album "Take No Prisoners" recorded at the Bottom Line in NYC is well worth a listen. This politically incorrect, hard rocking concert is among my favorite live performances. Warning: If you find Pig's raps offensive you may want to skip this one...Enjoy! Edit! I swear, I only submitted this once...
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

Is BCJ good? Yes, but to get sainthood for placing some mics and working some equalizer buttons and flipping tapes? No. Sainthood? Jerry Garcia. He saved more lives with his music than anyone this century. Name one other person who helped, healed, guided, saved, or downright changed people. It was Jerry all the way. Jerry for Sainthood. I'm behind that all the way to the Pope. Where is the Dave's Picks announcement? After two lackluster pick's, lets hope this one blows us all out of the water and takes us to that magical place that is nirvana for deadheads... are there any nirvana shows left out there? Have they all been released? something that has not been done before, hopefully it will not be a rerelease of a ttats show, or an audience recording. Listened to 7-8-78 yesterday, .........hope the next box is from 69 - 74 or 89 - 91. Would love a 91 box with Bruce, those were the days and one of the last grate runs. Loved 93 too. Hell, loved it all, I've got to get that time machine built before it's too late.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

I am certain there are other nirvana shows out there, waiting for the official treatment. 6/10/73 comes immediately to mind. last evening, 9/2/80, Sailor > Saint on cassette, was a magical moment.
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

Unkle Sam, I can't believe you thought the last two Dave's Picks were lackluster!!! I just got into the Dead fulltime about 3 years ago, so I haven't heard the variety of shows that a lot of people here have. For someone like me, Dave's Picks 17 & 18 are incredible. The jam sequences are fantastic, and from what I understand, unusual for 1976. Playing In The Band has some of the best later 70s piano work Keith Godchaux played, as does Johnny B. Goode and One More Saturday Night. The post Eyes jam is fantastic, the Come A Time, whoa horsey, did they just do that, Space, Spanish Jam, The Wheel - this all sounds like Heaven to someone who hasn't spent too much time with the Dead. Same goes for that '74 show from Fresno - my jaw hit the floor on that Scarlet rendition (top 3 best stand alone performances, if not the best). And the second set jam sequence is up there with the best stuff I've heard from 1974, which I admit is limited, but maybe that's the point (by limited I mean I only have listened extensively to Dave's 13, 30 Trips, and Dick's 12). The backing vocals are superbly mixed! I think you're just bored friend :-) As painful as it may be, take yourself a hiatus from the Dead. After a year, come back and put on Dave's Picks 17. St. Betty!!! Yes, she captured this band expertly. Jerry wouldn't have reached as many as effectively as he did without her. But no need to argue that point, it's an apples and oranges comparison. What you need to do is listen to a Betty two-track show side by side with a Dan Healy two'track show to appreciate her contributions. I say two-track, because that truly demonstrates the mixing ability of the sound guy / sound girl, because all of the levels are set by them at the soundboard at the time of the show. She was able to mix the band perfectly and in great haste night after night on the road, with no wiggle room on the two-track. Betty the Saint!!
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Or "on something." He wrote: "where indeed is the new DaP? I am certain there are other nirvana shows out there, waiting for the official treatment. 6/10/73 comes immediately to mind." Maybe the "something we've never done before" is a four-disc DaP, sporting 6-10-73... The show I effin' missed cuz I had to be back in school on Monday, 43 years ago! Editing in answer to Stolfutz' plea: isn't an announcement more likely later in the month? August release still seems a ways off.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

You are utterly correct about the Soul Jazz Studio One releases, the DUB collections especially. Listening to such DUB music equates to "praying to JAH" wordlessly/effortlessly, ecstatically effectively.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Sideways. Classic. Fallout from Phil. Another classic. Always loved the VOJ. Was lucky enough to catch that one live. Truly the last worthwhile GD moment for me. Beer - Smithwicks. Even better when tasted in the homeland. Alternative listening. moe. Very under appreciated band. I never understood why moe or Max Creek didn't make it big, while DMB and those incompetent lyricists from VT still sell out.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

My "big" system that I listen to music on is my family room surround sound system (Sony with Bose bookshelf speakers). I've had this 5.1 setup in place for about 10 years now. I never bothered to auto-calibrate the system, because I know best how to adjust the speaker levels. The auto-calibration system is basically a microphone that plugs into the mic jack on the front panel of the system, so you just plug it in and place the microphone end of the wire at ear level where you're sitting, and then you hit the auto-calibrate button and it adjusts everything for you....so I learned today. Annnnnnd what a difference. Apparently there's more to distance settings than just volume; this thing has everything so finely tuned that the sound is many times improved. It's like it's somehow hit a similar audio property as the harmonics that you can hit on a guitar, where you hold down on the frets in just the right spot to produce this extraordinarily rich sound. 7/8/78 Wharf Rat => Franklin Tower => Sugar Magnolia was the first selection to ring free on this discovery. What a difference. Auto-calibrate my friends - you won't regret it. 10 years, lol, what a shmoe.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I can't believe you're Floridabobaloo! You need to put that picture of the sunset over the water back up as your avatar (pretty sure that's what it was, maybe even a sailboat in there?)
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Curious what others like. There's a board on this site for that discussion. http://www.dead.net/forum/whats-your-fridge#comment-816516 Keithfan: I have always ignored the auto calibrate feature. Will try it for the DVD/Bluray player which uses 5.1. CDs stay in the realm of stereo. AngryJackstraw: The lyricists from VT can still jam better than most which is why they sell out even with lame lyrics. Other bands with good lyrics but weak jamming ability can also sell out. But, the good ole Grateful Dead had both which put them in a league of their own. Even Trey sounded better at FTW than in Phish (I saw Phish 8 times from 92-98, stopped after 98 because I couldn't get into the newer songs).
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

a perfect example of a good, solid GD show. Pleasant and satisfying. i have had it on disc for a long time. listened today, and very glad i did.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

There are so many excellent craft breweries around ATL that it is hard to narrow it down. I love a bright IPA like Creature Comforts Tropicalia, or Terrapin Hi-5. Sometimes I'm at the other ends of the rainbow, drinking a local porter or a gose. Orpheus, Second Self, Monday Night, and Sweetwater all make some great beers. But my current fave of all is a summer ale homebrew I made a few weeks ago featuring infused fresh ginger root. I got lucky making that one and I immediately made another batch because we (friends & neighbors) plowed through 5 gallons pretty fast. Palate cleansers of the moment include the expanded Van Morrison live, some prehistoric Aerosmith, live Stones on DVDs, Wire (Pink Flag), Darondo, Patti Smith's re-recorded Horses LP, and local legend James Hall. I'm down to about 20% Dead listening at the moment. That won't last!
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

I think this was the pic I used there are 4 in the set from that day. Its on Ft Myers Beach, we had brought our Choc Lab to play in the water and the sunset that day was spectacular as I recall.Wally was a water dog to the max. He loved going to the beach and would play as long as you'd let him. He was out off Sanibel one time and a shark fin came up say 40 feet away which scarred the shit out of me. I grabbed him and put him up on my shoulders and hi tailed it back to shore. Luckily the shark went on along his way............
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I have to admit some times the effervescence of the juicy wiggle makes me see things that maybe are not there. Did I misread catch the scooch for catch the scoot? I do know one thing, a two car garage is always the way to go. Still chewing on Jim's formula. Maybe I will get it soon. The formula, not the std.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

for an intro to the GD CD for my buddy: Introduction> - One From The Vault Help/Slip> - One From The Vault Franklin's - One From The Vault Bertha - Skull and Roses Me And My Uncle - Skull and Roses Uncle John's Band - Workingman's Dead Easy Wind - Workingman's Dead Terrapin Station - 2/26/77 Swing Bird Song - Sunshine Daydream Sugar Magnolia - American Beauty Wharf Rat - Skull and Roses Ripple - American Beauty Brokedown Palace - American Beauty I think it flows nicely, and is intriguing without being overwhelming for a newbie.
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

I think that's a very solid lineup. I wish I would have had such an intro disc. I was told to start with Dicks 17 cause the guy was a 90s fan. I ended up being crazy about 72-73. But a nice selection of studio and live is well thought out. Ripple would have sealed the deal for me actually. The head that told me about 17 thought That would be Something was a Jerry song. Should have sent up a red flag as I knew that was Macca.Oh well, great disc, now I guess you're goin have to think of the bonus disc once the hook is set!
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Nice intro compilation. Your buddy should begin exhibiting initial symptoms of this "disease" we all share sometime during his second listen of H/S/F. Also wise of you to save the heavier jam material for later consumption. Exposure before he's adequately prepared would most likely result in his questioning everything he thought he knew, and he'll end up moving to a dilapidated yurt in northern Mongolia for 3 or 4 years. At least that's what happened to me - I still haven't recovered completely.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

Alright Mr. Bolo. It is my 47th birthday today. Revealing the show that is all contained in Dave 19 would be a magical b-day present. However, would not want you to lose your sweet gig with the Dead on my behalf. Therefore, I ask if you would present me and my Dead brethren with a handful of clues. My guess is Dave will announce the pick Tuesday or Wednesday, so we have plenty of time to make a good show of this. Off to retrieve a Sammie Smith nut brown ale. Have a wonderful weekend kids and don't ever turn of your lovelight! Sam T
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

A friend of mine (really, it's not me!) has a "Sunday Morning" GD CD; a "Driving" GD CD; a "Drinking" GD CD; a "Ganja" GD CD; a "Magic Mushroom" GD CD; a "Celebration" GD CD...quite a few others...and I'm amazed how appropriate for each scenario the CDs are...as if tailor-made for these specialized states of mind.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Yes, agreed, that compilation will be a sweet spike to the brain. If I had heard that mixture first, who knows what kind of bender I would have gone on. As it was, American Beauty and Workingman's Dead in their full glory were enough. But best not to take chances. Hit him with that 1-2-3 punch of primo live H-S-F and there will be no turning back, especially with what follows on your disc. I think you have done it, by jove. Please report back with results.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

It looks like a great intro CD for your friend. It's a great cross section of different eras. I think it's a good idea to stay away from the 60's/big time jams as they could be overwhelming and possibly turn him off to the beauty that is the GD.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

There's so much to choose from, you could make multiple CDs.But you don't want to make him think too much at the beginning but just want to get him sucked into the groove. Thus, I think you need a China Cat > Rider, and NFA > GDTRFB. Once he is hooked on the groove then start expanding his mind.
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Happy birthday two ewe. 1969, eh? Still some lovely shows in the vault from that momentous year!
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

if not Melkweg, then Ark 69. that's my guessssessssssssssss
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

as we sit here waiting to find out what DaP19 is Dead Stark Dark Stark
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I love it when someone gets on here and starts to tell others what "they" should be doing and what "they" should be listening to. We all have opinions and we all have different opinions ie shows, performances and, yes, even recording techniques. Do I think Betty Boards are the best? Yes. But I also like multi track recordings, old sound board recordings, Dan Healy recordings and I have heard some great sounding audience recordings too. Do I think two track is the way to listen to the dead? No. But if it's all I got, I'll take it. I really think you are stretching it to say that Jerry wouldn't have reached as many people without Betty, Betty wasn't there when they reached all those touchheads in 87, nor was she there in 89 - 91, or after. I'll also take a listen to a 69 - 74 show before a 76 -78 show. It's more than apples and oranges, it's black and white. Hands down better pre hiatus. Just my opinion mind you, so take it if you want. Bolo, is that a clue? some awesome trippy primal dead from 69 would be just exactly perfect. Take a year off, that's funny. Might as well stop eating for a year. We are heading up to Cleveland next week, had to be the same week the republican convention is in town, was going to visit the rock and roll hall of fame, but with all the security, protesting, police and with the open carry law in effect in Ohio, gonna be a lot of weapons on the street, so that's out. Don't think we will get anywhere near downtown that week. Guess I will get in some golf instead. I sure hope all will be safe next week, gearing up to be another Chicago 68? I sure hope not.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Yep, that is the sunset photo you had before. Glad you have returned. I'm a Florida ex-pat and I like hearing a voice from south of "The South". Here's hoping you are grooving to the '78 box while we await the next DaP surprise. I'm finally just finishing up 1975 from 30 Trips. This may be the peak for me, but I'm sure I'll enjoy parts of the post-hiatus too.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Thanks for taking the bait. Why did you assume I meant Phish? Other than the fact that they . . . . So selling out makes them good? Milli Vanilli won a Grammy. They must be awesome. Uncle. Keep it up my good man. I am in your corner.
user picture

Member for

10 years

Oooh, I love the guessing game! Okay, can the answer to the clue from bolo24 (if it was a clue) be as easy as 1969? I doubt it, but there is nothing else in that clue (again, if it was a clue). I vote for 1969 as the next pick...I can't wait. Maybe two shows from '69 will comprise Dave's Picks 19? However, I actually hope the pick is from 6/10/73. Ha! Happy Sunday, y'all. I think the announcement will come tomorrow...or Tuesday.
user picture

Member for

10 years

Oh, and happy b-day Sam T.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

They sell out because there are people who think that they are good.How good is a matter of opinion.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

There's some '82 show playing in SiriusXM as I write this.. the Let It Grow simply smokes... When Garcia's in the zone for this tune, you might as well call these guys the Gunpowder Boys.. he's simply on fire. Happy Sunday all.. Edit: Oh, the show was 2/20/82, San Diego.
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

Nanno, My bet was (or is) 6/10/73 as well. Would be the first 4 disc Dave pick or the first 4 disc non DVD release encompassing one show. However, speaking of DVD, there is a good possibility this show, along with 6/9, would sell as a mini box with DVD. The Ark would be the obvious guess; although, could be released in the Fall as a three show box. Each show could fit onto 2 discs, giving us a six disc release. I think all 3 gigs are in the vault, but if only two; maybe a two nite run at the Ark. Momentous event would fit with Noah and the Ark. Now if tragically only one Ark show is in the vault; maybe it would team with a 69' Rose Palace show. (lovely clue) Hopefully, we get an Ark box and get all 3 shows wrapped in all their splendid glory. (whether for 19 or a box down the line) David Duyea would be happy indeed! Peace and love to all my friends! Sam T
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Won't you sing me back home, with the song I used to hearMake my old memories come alive Take me away and turn back the years Release the Ark Box before I die
user picture

Member for

10 years

Good info, Sam T. Regarding the latest "clue" from bolo24: "Happy birthday two ewe." The "two" may indicate two shows, and "ewe" may give reference to Noah and the Arc. Therefore the '69 Arc shows is a great guess.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

The announcement will come on 7-18-16 that DaP 19 is 7-18-76. Never before announced a show on its anniversary, or released consecutive shows (which has been previously stated here).
user picture

Member for

10 years

I think that's b.s. (DaP19 being 7/18/76). They cannot release two consecutive stinkers/yawners (i.e. two shows from '76, consecutive shows at that). Bring on the pre-hiatus sheite!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....but there are several pools here in Vegas. My step-daughter and step grand-daughter are currently visiting us from North Carolina. We hung out at a public pool all afternoon today. On the way back home, I have the Omni 4.3.90 show cranking, My step-daughter knows the Dead, her husband also being a fan and musician. All five of us sang the Throwing Stones->NFA combo all the way. Good times. We actually sang it in harmony!....
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/july-1978-the-complete-recordings.html