• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
    Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
    Producer's Note by David Lemieux
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
    Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cheryleula

Thank You!

• Slow Dog Noodle

just noticed this says sold out. Its about time. I don't know what took so long. This is a fantastic box set.

• eyes43

The first two listening days players are mixed up, on the main page for the July 78 box set. Just thought admin might want to fix that! Peace!

• perithecat

marye , could you have a look at my order number if you can 137400000224478
    ordered on nov 27th and still nothing . any help would be appreciated .

• ecce homo
    Default Avatar
    July 1978: The Complete Recordings delivered today

Hi just an bit of info for people who were in a similar position to me: I ordered the Box Set (as part of a larger order) on 9-21-19, and it arrived today, so a little over 3 months later. I had written CS once (on November 26) and received a reply on December 3 from Warner Music Group Customer Service which read, in part:

Due to a complex warehouse move we now have a significant backlog of both customer inquiries and shipments, and as a result we haven’t been able to deliver at the level that we pride ourselves on.
    For those waiting on their orders, while we wish we could give you an exact estimate as to when your order will ship, we are still awaiting the exact order status details that we urgently want to get to you.
    We are putting 100% of our focus and dedication into a solution to this shipping delay, and are currently working with our warehouse partner to send out outstanding orders.
    We wish we had been able to have communicated this to you sooner, but we had relied on assurances from our warehouse partner that they would be able to quickly resolve the backlog of orders, and they haven’t been able to honor this commitment. We must again apologize for this delay in reaching out to you.
    While it is not our place to be making requests of you, we do hope that you will continue to be patient with us, as we work through these issues and work with our current partner to ship out your order as soon as possible.
    We are genuinely sorry for the delay and inconvenience associated with your order, and we thank you for your patience and understanding to date.

HANG IN THERE FELLOW DEADHEADS!!!!!! AS ALWAYS IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT.
    However, I don't see the Box Set currently listed for sale on the Dead's site right now either? My S/N was 091xx of 15000.
    Peace and Happy Hanukkah!

• carlo13

Merry x-mas to you too. Now the july 78 box completely disappeared from the site which makes me nervous. There were still a bunch left too.

• RobbZ

I feel for you, man. I made the mistake of ordering a simple CD (Terrapin Limited--3/15/90) for a Christmas gift some three weeks ago. Alas, it still sits in a "processing" status. Email requests have been answered with the same "robo-response" bullshit. And what makes it even more frustrating is dead.net had absolutely zero problems charging my credit card the day I ordered it...that portion of their logistical process seems to run flawlessly! And by comparison, I ordered other Christmas gifts from the Foo Fighters, Rush, and Pearl Jam websites the same day as my Dead order, and holy shit, like magic, all their merchandise arrived, as ordered, in less than a week.
    This "we're moving our warehouse" excuse has grown pathetic and old...any logistical issues dead.net is having should be transparent to the customer! But allow me to end my complaints with a few suggestions, as I'm the kind of person who won't complain without bringing some solutions to the table....: (1) SHUT DOWN ALL SALES UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO COMPLETE AN ORDER! (2) DO NOT CHARGE THE CUSTOMER UNTIL AFTER A PRODUCT SHIPS!

Merry Christmas All---and Carlo, if you're really Jonesin for those 78 shows, PM me (if it works) I'm sure I have a copy's I could share

• fourwindsblow

It may take a little time be patient.

"Due to a high-volume of email traffic, there will be a delay in response time".

• Kengoesto11

Wish I knew. I was hoping to confirm that the order will be recognized instead of forgotten. So I tried Dr. Rhino and got the same robo-response/apology as regular customer service email. These responses include a reminder that multiple inquiries may further delay an order...so handcuffed, LOL! But I can still play the shamisen and there are far worse things. It's all good.

• carlo13

I also ordered this box 7 weeks ago and still nada. I am waiting patiently because it will eventually ship. I will say it will ship on Dec. 22. What date do you think.

user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

July 1978: The Complete Recordings

What's Inside:

• Five Complete Shows on 12 discs
• 7/1/78 Arrowhead Stadium: Kansas City, MO
• 7/3/78 St. Paul Civic Center Arena: St. Paul, MN
• 7/5/78 Omaha Civic Auditorium: Omaha, NE
• 7/7/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
• 7/8/78 Red Rocks Amphitheatre: Morrison, CO
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope
Intro and show-by-show liner notes by Nicholas Meriwether
Producer's Note by David Lemieux
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000
Release Date: May 13, 2016

Announcing July 1978: The Complete Recordings

We’re pleased to announce JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, five incredible unreleased shows and the first official release from the long-lost tapes, recently returned to the Grateful Dead’s vault. Follow the Dead on a sonic journey through a superb selection of settings, an often epic adventure that finds them winning over Willie and Waylon fans in Kansas City, conjuring charisma in Omaha, and elevating the Red Rocks beyond their already spiritual planes. With five distinct performances painting the masterpiece of 1978, Betty Cantor-Jackson's always-pristine soundboard recordings, and the "hall-of-fame pedigree" of the Dead's first-ever shows at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre, this is one release that far exceeds excellence in music, sound quality, and rarity.

Limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies, JULY 1978: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS includes Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO (7/1/78), St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN (7/3/78), Omaha Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE (7/5/78), and Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison CO (7/7/78 and 7/8/78) - all of the performances in this collection are drawn from the band’s master soundboard recordings, each newly mastered by Jeffrey Norman. The set also features original artwork by esteemed cartoonist Paul Pope (D.C. and Marvel comics) and in-depth liner notes written by Nick Meriwether (Grateful Dead Archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz), as well as a producer’s note from producer David Lemieux.

Due May 13th, we anticipate that this extraordinary box will sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here.

Looking for something a little more byte-sized? The collection will also be available for HD digital download in FLAC and ALAC, exclusively at dead.net, on release day.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Just coming off a palette cleansing time-out as well. Synchronicity strikes again. 1972 is what I returned to. First E72 and then Venetta. Dark Star in Space? Now that's "far out"! Saw Moe at Ziggy's back in 2000, G. To this day it remains one of the most profound musical experiences of my meager forays of heaven' gates. First big jam of the second set, with a head full of cubensis, my buddy turns to me and says, "I'm...writing...a...book!". Classic. Have been scouring for an aud of that show for 16 years now! I'm so confused all I can do is listen to the music play.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Burgers
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

Love those guys! Discovered them by accident when I bought a concert-documentary film called Big Easy Express. Mumford and Sons, Old Crow and the Zeros on a train from Oakland to New Orleans. Concert at every stop and jamming on the train between stops. Bought it for Old Crow and Mumford. Loved it for the Zeros. Highly recommended.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....John Barleycorn Must Die....
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I always liked the album And Furthermore. I like Burgers too, but give the electric live album from the Further Tour a chance.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....grate call on that record Jim. The two Live At Sweetwater releases are impressive as well. I think Bob sits in on a couple of songs....I've always preferred the Tuna over the Airplane, but that's just me....
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Many thanks VGuy. Love the sweetwater ones too. I think they are out as DVD as well.. and yes, that's Bobby doing a great job sitting in on Schoolgirl and Maggies Farm. I listen to a lot more Tuna than airplane, but they are different beasts for sure and who can deny the Airplane was a beast. I like it all. The Starship iterations sometimes elude me though.. (but I love Pete Sears). You guys aren't bad for a crowd that admittedly listens to 97.5% GD and 2.2% JGB! Its only a matter of time before a psychedelic classical conversation breaks out.. who dosed Stravinski, anyway??
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

This is the power of Jorma. I have a show of just Jorma and acoustic guitar from 78? New York. 3 hours and 45 minutes so of course total time of the show was 5 hours. That's a different kind of crowd control
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Bob Marley and the Wailers!!! Live of course - got to get me some Crazy Baldheads > Running Away or even Running Away > Crazy Baldheads - nice sequeways. Black Uhuru (Michael Rose / Puma lineup) is always tasty. Throw in some Beres Hammond, Dennis Brown and the wife is happy. Have a well tuned Pandora with a nice mix of BMW, Lovers, Dancehall, Raga, Marley offspring... Then a little Modest Mouse.
user picture

Member for

13 years

I have the unfortunate luck of being born too late. I only got to see the boys once, 6/25/95, RFK. A show much maligned and rightly so in some ways, but to me, as a 15-year old with my father, (who would not allow me to attend a GD concert without parental guidance as he was at 73 RFK, oh.... to be a time-traveler...,) this show was THAT GD life changing moment. I remember before the show talking to my older step-brother, who had seen MANY shows from the early 80's onward, and he asked me what song I would like hear. I responded 'Ship of Fools,' and he laughed, saying "good luck with that.' I razzed him a bit in the parking lot afterwards, (they had much better seats than me and my dad.) On a side note, my dad and I went to the Fare Thee Well shows together, which was a nice way to say goodbye and close the circle... Anyway, I got heavily into Phish afterwards, and have seen them over 100 times since 96' (Hershey, 8/14/96 was my first.) That band filled the smoking crater that the GD had left for me in a lot of ways, but as I have gotten older, I find myself listening to the Dead more than my 'other' boys. I am getting married in the fall, so this is the first summer that my lady and I are not seeing Phish, and I am bummed that I'm not going back to that magical place that is a Phish concert, (or mini-tour, which is my favorite thing to do in the summer-time.) DMB - I saw them around 20 or so times in the 90s, and I thought they were the damn bee's knees, until the album 'Everyday' and the show I saw at RFK in 2000. Ben Harper opened, (whose first three albums are killer, IMHO.) That show was SO BAD, and the crowd was so obnoxious, that even I, as a 20-year old, said "F'It." I also thought that Dave's music got pretty bad... There are maybe two good songs on 'Everyday', (again, just my opinion.) Then 'Busted Stuff' was so over-produced and terrible, I simply stopped paying attention. I remember liking 'The Lilywhite Sessions,' but I still don't know if I would pop it into my iPOD anytime soon. To this day though, DMB will always remind me of getting to various bases with my first girlfriend, memories I will treasure till the end. Finally, My Morning Jacket has been my favorite band of the recent crop, and they SMOKE! I got the chance to see them at Radio City, among many other places, (including Maryland's own beautiful Merriweather,) and they have always put on a ROCK show for me. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you are interested, I would suggest 'At Dawn' for more of an Alt-Country/Neil Young-ish feel, and 'It Still Moves,' which simply kicks ass. Jim James is so talented. Also, let's not forget about the beauty of The Flaming Lips throughout the 90's and early 00's. I still believe they have more to give... Peace, and if you read all of this, thank you. I have been hanging out with a friend name Jim (Beam) and he tends to make me a little too talkative...
user picture

Member for

13 years

Dylan opening for Dead in 95 was the best I have ever seen Dylan... and I got to see Jerry smile when he came out for the closing 'Train to Cry' & 'Rainy Day Women.' Priceless.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

...for this corner if you please! The weather cleared a bit last night, enough for me to ride the scoot down to Norwich to catch a little NRPS. Go see these guys whenever they play near you, you won't be disappointed- it seems like they're touring everywhere, all the time. On my way back through Hamilton (site of DaP12) Syracuse Symphoria was playing on the village green and must've been balls deep into the 1812 Overture, as all the church bells in town were going ape shit. It sounded like a million car alarms all going off at once. Ya just gotta love songs about dope smuggling (and growing). EV’RY YEAR ALONG ABOUT THIS TIME IT ALL GOES DRY THERE’S NOTHING ROUND FOR LOVE OR MONEY THAT’LL GET YOU HIGH HENRY GOT PISSED OFF AND SAID HE’D RUN TO MEXICO TO SEE IF HE COULD COME BACK HOLDIN’ TWENTY KEYS OF GOLD NOW THE ROAD TO ACAPULCO IS VERY HARD INDEED AND IT ISN’T ANY BETTER IF YOU HAVEN’T ANY WEED HENRY’S DRIVING HARD AND STRAIGHT ON TWISTY MOUNTAIN ROADS THERE’S FIFTY PEOPLE WAITING BACK AT HOME FOR HENRY’S LOAD AND NOW HE’S ROLLIN’ DOWN THE MOUNTAIN GOING FAST, FAST, FAST AND IF HE BLOWS IT THIS ONE’S GONNA BE HIS LAST RUN TO ACAPULCO TO TURN THE GOLDEN KEYS HENRY KEEP THE BRAKES ON FOR THIS CORNER IF YOU PLEASE HENRY GOT TO MEXICO AND TURNED HIS TRUCK AROUND HE’S TALKING TO THE MAN WHO HAS IT GROWING FROM THE GROUND HENRY TASTED, HE GOT WASTED, COULDN’T EVEN SEE HOW HE’S GONNA DRIVE LIKE THAT IS NOT TOO CLEAR TO ME AND NOW HE’S ROLLIN’ DOWN THE MOUNTAIN GOING FAST, FAST, FAST AND IF HE BLOWS IT THIS ONE’S GONNA BE HIS LAST RUN TO ACAPUCO TO TURN THE GOLDEN KEYS HENRY KEEP THE BRAKES ON FOR THIS CORNER IF YOU PLEASE SUNDAY AFTERNOON TIJUANA IS A LOVELY TOWN BULLFIGHT BRINGS THE TOURISTS AND THEIR MONEY FLOWING DOWN THE BORDER GUARDS ARE MUCH TOO BUSY THERE AT FIVE O’ CLOCK HENRY’S TRUCKIN’ RIGHT ON THROUGH, HE HARDLY EVEN STOPPED (REPEAT CHORUS)
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I'm with you on the NRPS. I enjoy their last two albums also, Where I Come From and 17 Pine Avenue. Quite a few Hunter/Nelson songs on these. The songwriting and playing is relevant, the albums quite good. I look at the recent years as somewhat a renaissance for these old time country rockers.. They are still out there delivering the goods and David Nelson is playing like a young god. A good band to see live and you might just catch a dead tune or two... Great call catching the scoot to Norwich.
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Hey bro, I attended RFK '73 with the GD & ABB. The crusher is, we had to get home Sunday to keep our 15-yr-old lives together, so we caught the Dead in the afternoon, the Allmans that Saturday night and had to hitchhike a couple hundred miles home on Sunday and missed the big one. The situation on Saturday was classic for the day -- a lot of LSD making the rounds (we brought our own 4-way blotter) -- and a very long, hot day with inadequate water for maybe 15,000 people? We had no food, no money, just a few spleefs and the blotter. The GD were great all afternoon (many tales told in this space in the past) and then the ABB really blew the roof off the place that night, when it cooled down and we all re-approached humanity (and re-upped on the blotter). We were veterans by that time (I'd seen my first show in fall '72); I was still 3 months shy of my 16th b-day. Looking back, however, it was a bit of a maelstrom and, in those days, the liquid lady was everywhere and large crowds could get a bit freaky. As in, we learned early to hang back from the front because the L-buzz was almost audible and, being kids, the crush of people seemed perilous. Yet we thought nothing of hitchhiking a couple hundred miles in t-shirts and jeans (stuffed with illicits) to catch the Dead. My folks saw my determination and, because I had an affinity for hitchhiking hundreds of miles to go solo backpacking at that time, they figured (I guess) that I could handle myself. Apart from getting hassled occasionally for our long hair (this was smack in the middle of Vietnam), we mostly met with kindness... Sooo... like I never caught Jimi Hendrix in person, although I started listening to him in '69, the deal is, if we had gotten out there any younger -- or, to the point, if you had -- we'd all be much crisper fry-babies than we are anyway. Your dad sounds like a wise man to escort you in '95. Back on June 9, 1973, things were ... different.
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

May I suggest if you see Blue, thank them for the job they do. Blue never knows what the next 5 minutes could bring, yet they do the job to keep us safe.Tell Blue Thank You.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

so incredibly sad and frustrating. Joseph Campbell said the GD are the antidote to the atom bomb. We use that antidote for many things in our daily lives. "Be kind". simple words of wisdom.
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

A while ago I dropped out for a bitChanged my moniker............however I am FloridaBobaloo. In case it matters............ Have a safe weekend y'all.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

welcome back my broto the nutty nutty Deadhead show
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I hope it wasn't something I said :DGood to see you back my brother.. Wise words from a wise man. Whenever something like this happens (which seems to be way, way too often), I always think of the song New Speedway Boogie. This Darkness Got To Give... and it will. Keep the peace y'all and have a great weekend.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Don't forget Mr. Lee Scratch Perry!I'd recommend "Upsetters 14 Dub Blackboard Jungle" and "Sound System Scratch", Dub Plate Mixes 1973-1979. After all, without Lee Scratch Perry's work with a very young Bob Marley, would Bob Marley & the Wailers ever have existed? I don't think so.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

...Shootout At The Fantasy Factory...
user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

For roots reggae, give 10 Ft. Ganja Plant a spin. Whether you find the moniker ridiculous or righteous, the music is guaranteed 100% pure irie. The three instrumental albums in particular.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years

TRAFFIC!! I thought maybe I was the last person who remembered them. LITTLE FEAT! esp. "Waiting for Columbus" -- great cover and great live album. If you have not heard this, check it out! ALLMAN BROS. always. How about ROBERT PALMER, "Sneaking Sally Through the Alley" -- that opening trio of songs, one flows into the next. Can't forget our boys' Bay Area pals, Quicksilver Messenger Service, "Happy Trails" live -- esp. Mona, and Maiden of the Cancer Moon. That guitar!!! Last of all, on another note altogether, LOU REED live, "Rock'n'Roll Animal" esp. that "Intro/Sweet Jane" opener. Whew!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Anyone put together a list of their favorite versions from July 1978 Complete yet?
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

yes. yes. yes. tracks 1, 3, and 5 are very tasty. Intro/Sweet Jane is pure cool.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....well, I think the Cold Rain and BIODTL to open the 7/7 second set is pretty much just exactly perfect. Does that count?
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

Welcome home. So glad you made it back! Oh yead, there was one of us from the NE, maybe, that was encouraging you back say at the first of the year. Cannot remember who it was, I remember he said he had traveled to see you at one point (again if memory serves).
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

Help this hairy-assed hillbilly understand, what does "catch the scooch to Norwich mean?"
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

with my friend Jim Beam. Love it. I decided to partake last night and listen to 7/7/78. Second trip. Very enjoyable. Also last week, I finally cracked open Winterland 73 and enjoyed the 11/11 show, awesome. Hendrixfreak, always love your posts. When you say the liquid lady, I hope that I am taking that right. Always loved her so much!
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

Yes Good Friends All is Well........Funny little thing, I was abducted by some folks from the Midwest and was held captive and made to listen to The Samples 100% of the time. They wanted to call me Tanya?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

It sounds like some kind of STD, doesn't it....? What I was trying to say was: I rode the scooter (ie, motorcycle) to Norwich NY, to see New Riders of the Purple Sage.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

any fans of Fallout From the Phil Zone? I am listening to it for the first time in a long time. Great stuff. I would love another Phil-tered release.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

An STD, yes it does. I am so fortunate to not have caught that one. Hilarious! Guss: Would have loved to have seen the Moe at Ziggy's show. Great venue indeed. Went and saw Phish in Charlotte in 2003. The nights before the concert I was in town and went to Ziggy's. Last time I was there.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I have only heard fall-out once and that was when it first came out. I must consider a furthur review.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

...Love that CD. Its extremely well done. I'm a big fan of Midnight Hour and the version on Phil Zone is stupendous.. the Dancing in the Streets, Viola Lee Blues, Masons Children, Visions of Johana are off the hook. Hell, the whole thing is like a best of album. I got the 'catch the scoot reference'.. but to be safe, I am recommending my sisters keep a watchful out for ya, Bach. I have never gotten an STD at a NRPS show, but I can attest.. the people there are extremely friendly. The last time I saw them a beautiful woman asked me to join them upstairs to catch a little... ended up passing a few back and forth with the band and had a grand old time. The second set was almost exactly perfect. Personal experience tells me you are more likely to catch a good buzz then an STD hanging around this crowd.. but I digress... For the record, whenever I see any of the new incarnations these days, me and my show buddy migrate to the Phil Side (sorry Bobby fans).. in fact, when I met my buddies new gf at a show in the not too distant past I immediately told them I didn't think it would work out, that I thought their relationship was doomed from the start. She had a very disappointed/disturbed look on her face and asked why, to which I responded.. you are sitting on the Bobby Side, Mike's a Phil person its just not gonna work out. :D We all got a good laugh and they are still together. ____________ Add: ..someone must be looking in, as I write this Just Like Tome Thumb's Blues is blaring out of my PC from today's concert on SiriusXM radio. Its from the Boston show on 9/21/91 which can only mean our vacationing New England friend Sixtus just overindulged. Should have stuck to Heineken, Sixtus, stay away from the harder stuff! Addition Add: D. Gans just introduced the second set of 9/21/91 and mentioned Hornsby stays on through drums and introduces what he thinks is some Bach (for our always uses protection from Bach to Bach) and tries to get the band to play Brubeck's So What (Other listening, 3/27/1988 - Hampton). ok.. I'm very bored with work and easily distracted.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Scratch & Tubby's Blackboard Jungle is my fav of that whole mid-seventies lot, save maybe Super Ape.You know, he's 80-years-young! He's in our town 8/12 in a basement bar called the Duck Room (named after Chuck). I have to be in a "Little" mood to really enjoy him - usually I just throw in a Soul Jazz Studio One disc and alz well. Got a row of refreshments going for 7/08/78 - the obligatory insulated bottle of Guinness, a Mojito, made fresh with our kind neighbor's mint and a shot of 23-year Ron Zacapa Solera Gran Reserva. All is well. God, I know this music so well and here it is sounding as fresh as my Mojito tastes! Feliz viernes, y'all.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

But, I suppose they can. I was talking about the tunes they played more than once, like 'Other One', 'Terrapin', 'Estimated', etc. I'm still getting my list together, but here are some: Bertha - 7-1 Other One - 7-8 Mexicali - 7-3 Dancin' - 7-7 NFA - 7-7 Jam sequence - 7-8 Space - toss up I like them all Ship of Fools 7-5 Big River - 7-7 I need to get some more listening closer, but those are the ones I have so far. I would be interested to hear what the community thinks.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I was smitten by the Estimated Prophets > various forms of madness and brilliance (in three of five shows). I have revisited this multiple times and I am going with my first impression, 7/1 (sorry HF). Like anything else in life, sometimes its not how good or bad something is, but whether or not it exceeded or did not meet expectations. This box delivered hard on the Exceeded Expectations side of things. Great discussion concept though, if I think about this more I might revisit it. By the way.. how many miracles do you need to perform before you are canonized? Saint Betty anyone? Or does Saint Cantor-Jackson sound better.
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

..Doing the Juicy Wiggle. You guys crack me up! So glad I got on when the bus came by. Have a great weekend all.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

did not realize View From The Vault was also July 8th. Got to go ahead a fire up the BBS and get moving to get the anniversaries in.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I, too, Jim, and smitten by the Estimated's and should there have been one repetition between 7/07 and 7/08, it may well have been EP. And, yes, Betty needs to receive more than a nod; without her this past week could never have happened. Much, much gratitude Saint BC-J.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I see where you are heading.. as I recall from prior posts, you are a scientist. Your theory, if I understand it correctly is: Bach + Scoot + NRPS + Juicy Wiggle = STD. The formula for that is [(B+S)*NRPS]^JW=STD. The Juicy Wiggle is the catalyst, without it none of this works. Am I on the right track?
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I prefer straight shots of JGB. 7-5-73 has been especially tasty lately. Also recently bought all the Hard Workings Americans CDs/DVD because I got a ticket to see them in August and need to learn the songs. My DMB story: 9-??-2007 they played Piedmont Park in ATL, I went for the opening act, Allman Bros which was great. I was 20-30 ft in front of SBD, plenty of room for people to spread out and dance. By the time ABB stopped playing the place was crammed with teenagers and college kids, so I headed to the back of the meadow where I had been told was a beer tent selling Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (everything else was Bud/Bud Light). Waited in line for at least 20 min only to be informed that the Sierra NV was gone. So I grabbed 2 16-oz Newcastles (not a legitimate substitute) and moved over to the port-o-John line, which was so long that I was half way through my second Newcastle by the time I got to pee. I then got back in the Newcastle line and got 2 more. After all this DMB had been playing for almost 1 hour and finally played a song I recognized from a cassette I had in the 90's. I stayed for the whole show but hung out in the back drinking 16-oz Bud cans (the Newcastle was gone). Overall I wasn't that impressed with DMB, seemed pretty overrated. Recently I saw DMB on Paladia from a recent Download Festival. Again, not very impressed. Lou Reed RnR Animal, yes very nice.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I think I've got a handle on it. They played two BIODTLs. The 7/7 version blows the other one out of the water. Am I doing this right?....
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

??? the eternal question... ...or is it, I am doing this right!
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I really did not come here to do sophisticated math formulas. but I do think it is correct.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

My favorite beer for over 20 years.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/july-1978-the-complete-recordings.html