• 7,844 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • PT Barnum

Hey now, gr8 show here, opening Jack Straw high energy and off we go, first set has a Peggy-O and a Loser and ends with a China>Rider. Second set is again where it's at with a monster of a Shakedown estimated>eyes>Drums>Space>Truckin>Black Peter with a Casey Jones encore. check it out

• JimInMD
    I heard from a friend here that today is Harpur College Day

I can only assume it is true. Finished work a little early today, setting the controls for 5/2/1970. A few drops of tincture under the tongue. Hopping on the John Deere. I expect my afternoon will begin by cutting my grass and end destination unknown.

My only wish is that the Hey_Blow nazi's let this post go through unchanged.
    5/1 vs. 5/2. I'm in the 5/2 camp but if you toss in both shows plus the New_Riders from 5/1.. well, lets just throw in 5/6 for a threefor. Trust me, it's going to be alright.

A tip of the glass to what's going on in the world today. I cannot help think of these shows juxtaposed over what's going on in college campuses right now. I refer to my previous statement, chill out a little people, everything's going to be ok. Sit back, listen, enjoy and be.

I love all you guys and girls, the world would be much worse off without us in it.

• Oroborous

What we like and why we like it.
    Used to love how five dudes who all just experienced the same show, sometimes together most of the night, could then have five different opinions in the car afterward lol
    Keep ‘em coming boys!
    I’m rollin on 77 currently.

• uncle_tripel

...those GD aud tape listening days have pasted, however, in the treasure chest can still be found the well-worn AUD cassette tapes with accompanying memories of
    hershey 6/28/85
    rochester 11/7-8/85 [weir and his opening the show by mentioning Rajneesh Bhagwan]
    rochester 7/2/87
    pittsburgh 7/6/87 [welcome our friends the Neville brothers]

and these only see the light of day every 7-8 yrs, & only if, lol, the JONESIN' is OOC,
    which media one prefers to listen to makes no difference as long as
    you all keep on rockin'

• daverock

A bit off piste perhaps, but mention of them reminds me of the great documentary I watched last weekend called "Have You Got It Yet" about....Syd Barrett.

• icecrmcnkd

Unless it’s the audio track of video.
    I’ve recorded video at several shows. They’re on utoob at DeadFloyd69.

Otherwise, with around 4TB of SBDs on HDs, most of which I haven’t listened to yet, there is no reason for me to listen to an AUD recording of GD.

Floyd is a different story because AUDs are mostly what exist.

• Oroborous

I mean I’m not arguing, I totally get it, but hasn’t there ever been a show so ridiculously good that you forget about the tape?
    That you’d regret not hearing?
    Of course, like I said, unless Estimated Prophet yells dumbness next to the mic all night lol Maybe not, there IS a Lot of shows out there!

And that’s so so quality, personally I like a perfectly done aud almost as much, well, I’d take a very well (professionally) done matrix over all, multi track of course ; )

• uncle_tripel

DEADVIKES...I went to that well once too often, the not well audiencetape adventure...yes, those days have pasted

• Oroborous

Just every now and then from time to time…
    Some shows are just so good it’s worth it, unless some Jack ass is screaming dumb shit right next to the mics all night lol

• DeadVikes

Pretty sweet BB, front row center in April 81 and with the future Misses. Prime time Dead in my opinion.

OB, I don't mind an audience recording if it sounds good, just can't take the ones that sound terrible. Spent the first part of my Dead journey listening to a lot of bad tapes, which I am sure you can relate to. Anyway, yes, I am dipping my toes in those May 79 shows per your recommendation. Thanks Man.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Definitely worth a listen all. I made it to drums today. Will finish it up tomorrow.
What a show so far and the sound quality from the new Miller is outstanding.
PT Barnum, that is cool you were at the next night. I will have to check out that show as well. Any good stories about your experience with 9/12/82?
When was the last 82 show released? I am thinking Dick's 32? But my memory isn't what it used to be. 18 years ago? Come on!

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Besides 30 trips, I think it was Road Trips Vol. 4 No. 4, the Spectrum.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Jim, yes, thanks for the reminder on RT 4.4 from the Spectrum, how could I forget that! Love that release. So, 2011, it is time.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Another good show by the boys with Jerry on point and in fine voice. We were quite wasted on some good blotter and I remember really having a blast at this show. It was a rocker and the blotter was a bit speedy so off we went, there were a lot of folks trippin that nite. I do remember that this was the last time that the Dead played Lakeland, it being in Polk county and tptb thought it was a good idea to build a complex to get some of that concert money from rock fans, but they didn't take into effect that back in those days, people took drugs and got high and tried to have a good time at shows. That did not go over well with the repubs and religious right in the town that was labeled "christian" and had crosses along the road when you entered the limits of the city. Very red Polk county was and still is as far as I'm concerned.
There were so many undercover cops there that Bobby made an announcement that the person sitting next to you might not be who you think they are and to be careful. As the show was occurring, the cops went thru the lot with dogs and sniffed out drugs left in folks cars, so when you came back out, they were waiting for you. A real bummer was had by over 200 people who were caught up in their little "sting". The Dead never came back to Lakeland after this show.
It wasn't long after this that there was an Iron Maiden show at the venue where they did the same thing and busted over 500. That may have been the last time rock bands played there as it had gotten a real bad reputation as an uncool venue. The police just waited for a show, swooped down and robbed a bunch of folks, plain and simple.
Like I said, check out the second set, it's a rocker.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by PT Barnum

Been walking the plank!
Finally got that lil Pirates show yesterday.
Sometimes really like those little shows.

9/11/82 Rollin now…sounds good so far (Duprees!)

9/12/82, sounds horrible, scene that is, I’ll have to check out the show?
If I was starting to trip hard and Bobbie came out and said that, things could of potentially gotten very weird, THE FEAR!, and not in a good way, OR! we might have started laughing our arses off? Such was the psychedelic life.

7/6/01: Mr BC! Thanks for the jump start. I seem to very vaguely recall that show. Looked it up and I was definitely there, physically at least lol.
Do you recall what the weather was like? Yeah baby, that’s what I really dug about these early post Dead gigs: they played all the good old shit many of us never got to see/hear! From Viola, the 11, Allah, sheeeooot, all kinds of good stuff! It’s easy to forget that theres been so many years of ridiculous music AFTER the dead!
Good times for sure, bet we were at many of the same shows!
Yeah that 7/6/03 must have been good as I actually bought that show, the rest I got copies.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Oroborous

yeah Oro - I generally loved what i saw and heard, and if i didn't it was likely my own head space at the time. The first show that brought me back to that "show" space, in glorious fashion, was The Other Ones at Fiddlers Green as part of the Further Festival(?), 7/19/98. Streaming a board source on the Archive right now. I think Mystery Box and Rusted Root were on the bill too. The way that set lists and were reinvented and long unplayed gems suddenly were a possibility, largely thanks to Phil early on, made for some really fine music and fun times. So the Other Ones opened it up with Playing > Watchtower > Scarlet > Fire (Mickey Hart style!), Jack A Roe - what's not to like??!! Had totally forgotten the band line up - Mickey, Phil, and Bob, also Hornsby(!!), Kimock(!!), Molo(!!), David Ellis on saxaphone(!!), and Mark Karan on guitar also(!!). FFS - all awesomeness! During Down the Road Again I watched a huge image of Jerry's smiling face appear in the clouds behind the stage and judging by the roar of others in the crowd it wasn't just me. A total blessing by Jerry. Sweet little Love Supreme bit by Hornsby and Ellis afterwards leading into White wheeled Limousine.

edit - so far surfing the net I still can't confirm that Mystery box played that day, but I guess Jorma/Hot Tuna was there! I feel like I saw Mystery Box at some point and I thought this show but I guess not - maybe it was hearing Down the Road Again that triggers that (false) memory.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

1968! 1968! 1968!

Time for a Dave's Pick for this amazing year of primal Dead. Looking for 10/12 and 13 (the obvious choices).

Which other shows do you deem release-worthy for '68?

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by bolo24

10/12 & 13 seem like they have to happen right? As for other dates I'll leave that to the experts here.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Unfortunately I’ve barely tipped me pinky in 68 YET!
It would not be appropriate for a neophyte of this region to do so.
But I LUVE the 7? official shows I have, and the few others I’ve heard recommended by our stalwart crew, probably, particularly by our long lost guru GOGD!
Primal Dead! Bring it!!!

BCROW: I was at those shows you mention. Feelings of hope, like, it’s not the same, probably never be, but it’s alright! Let there be songs…
I worked western half of 96 Futhur Fest from Pittsburgh to the end in Phoenix and Mystery Box was killing it on that tour. So perhaps your thinking of 96? Though I was there in 98 as a civilian. Remember hanging round the Bear at that one. He was selling his jewelry.

9/11/82 and 9/12/82.
Good, but perhaps not great shows?
Enjoyable no matter what hairs ya split.
Good sounding, interesting look at Brent’s evolution, and cool early West LA with still forming lyrics.
Women Are still kinda a newish big deal. A newly restrung Duprees, cool second set sequence on 9/11, don’t recall any mention of Micks Bday? Ah well he’s just a drummer lol ; ) just teasing Mick!
Didn’t hear that Bob PSA about narcs etc?
A couple more notches on the ole lip stick case.

bank all your cards on my memory old buddy, lol.
Yes Mystery Box was on 96, but I don’t remember much about 98 so can’t recall lineup?
But I know Bear was there (probably in 98), don’t think he necessarily had his own booth, but was at ?? somebodies booth and was showing off his stuff, as he usually was the few times I saw him.
Could have easily been one of the 2 Other Ones shows I saw there in 98 & ??…
Not sure I had a “conversation” at all, think I mostly just hung around and lurked.
More interesting and ya don’t wanna be “that” guy etc. I mean I probably wasn’t in the kind of shape to actually articulate principles of sound etc at the time anyway, which is what I would have in a more appropriate setting.
But yeah, that’s already 20+ years since all that, and that was the start of phase two!

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Pick of the day: March 16, 1968 Carousel Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

"New and improved" Miller remaster just hit general circulation. Raw, powerful, remarkable....................

Rock on!!!

Doc
If anyone boos you offstage, that is simply applause from ghosts.......

Doc,
What’s the ID # of that Miller?
I was at etree and losslesslegs last night but didn’t see anything new.
I have 109944.miller and 9388.vernon.
Thanks.

For anyone who collects video, there were two new/upgraded shows.

gd1979-07-01.bma-bhp.dvdf

gd1986-12-28.aud-upg.bhp.bd
The audio is a Miller from 3-8-22.

Haven’t watched either yet.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

gd1968-03-16.carousel ballroom.sbd.156159.latvala.gans.eaton.miller.flac16 - ee299e246484307653afff5db181e16723ec472f

Just checked, currently up at Lossless Legs..............

Rock it!

Doc
We are all primary numbers divisible only by ourselves................

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by bolo24

There's a bit of talk about 1968 on Workingman's Pod episodes 3 and dipping your big toe into 69, Episode 4. In fact.. episode 3 is all about 10/12/68.

Check it out.. rss dot com / podcasts / workingmans-pod

Full disclosure, I sort of make a cameo.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

I actually downloaded 3-16-68 last night but forgot.

And I wasn’t even drinking.

Just transferred it to a microSDXC and am commencing listening.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I just went with the existing Miller on relisten and it sounded pretty good.
Cool little show!
Fully dug.
Thanks Doc!

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Alligator > Caution

wowza - luv that combo every time

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

... /details/gd1968-03-16.156159.sbd.latvala.gans.eaton.miller.flac16 is now up on the archive PLUS you can download FLAC & other lossless versions (for now anyway).

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Anyone have a pick out there for today?

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

I’ve been listening to the new Miller 2/14/88. Great show. Lots of energy!

Perfect. 2/14/88 Oakland. Thanks Adedhed68, I haven't listened to much 1988 lately, so it will a good change of pace. Diving in soon.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

Hit the spot for me. I hope you enjoyed it DeadVikes :-)

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by adedhed68

Hey thanks Adedhed68 for the pick.

Second night of the start of 88. Wow, the memories! Anyway, I wasn't able to locate a new Miller, but I did listen to one from 2009. This one sounded decent. Always love a Franklins in the first set. China Rider, Terrapin, Stella Blue, Mighty Quinn.Enjoyable show. Thanks man, keep them coming.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Funny.. I was in the mood for this song and see it pop up here. I haven't done this show yet, hopefully tomorrow.

I got sucked into 5/18/72 today.. under the radar for E72, man this one was fulfilling and I'm not quite finished. I never noticed just how good the cowboy medley in the first set was. Well, a cowboy blues sammy (El Paso, It Hurts Me Too, You Win Again). Jerry's tone really shines. I can't think of a better way to describe the sound he gets than tonal purity. Such a good show, and the first Dark Star > Morning Dew which is up next. I'm not sure if this is sacred ground, but it comes pretty damned close.

About a month ago, I posted my work-around for crapatcha. Select the "Stay Logged In" option when you sign in. Well, they did away with that shortly after I posted that so now I am crapatcha'ing like a mad man. damn you Dead Net and your silly crapatcha! Damn you all to hell! (said in my best chuck heston accent)

Back to whatever it is you were doing.. sorry for the distraction.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

on some of those "post jerry " shows I saw. dug out the discs for 7/6/03 and 7/10/03. I think I purchased first 4 nights of that Red Rocks run but those are the 2 shows I can find right now. Disc 1 for 7/10 landed in my hands first so in the player it went. now 3rd or 4th go around (sort of the way I listen sometimes). What a gas. Fantastic power entry (as it should be) for Help on the Way opener. Having Joan on vocals for that tour was such a treat. What a great vocalist. I think it energized the rest of the band in a particular way. That 1st set has a ripping Hard to Handle with Joan and Bobby trading verses. Remember thinking how very awesome it was at the time. Great to hear another Down the Road Again from Mickey. Set closes with a Dark Star v.1 with Phil/Joan/Bobby singing lines > jam > Bertha, and it's a totally kick ass Bertha with Bobby and Joan singing. Damn fine stuff.

Also while driving I dug out DaP 20 Boulder 12/9/81. Still haven't gotten to Disc 3. That seems to be a release that doesn't get much love and it certainly didn't from me when it was released. I saw the Rosemont show 12/6. Remember getting a snail mail letter from my friend out in the springs who was at the Boulder show. And he loved it. Yeah there's a big stumble in Jack Straw. And some WTF tape gaps in the SBD, but yeah I can hear why my friend dug that show.

Onward my good friends : )

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

We like it here, we are going to come back. But they never did. The CU Events Center. Good show here Bluecrow despite the weird Jack Straw, and the occasional audience patches through out the release. Whatever it takes to release more 81, I am for. When do we get the next 81?

5/18/72, this was definitely one of the many shows I tried to obtain before I got the box last year. And it is a really good show. I think I will have to get it going today Jim.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

yeah DV, I'm all in for more '79 - '82. lot of hot shows in those early Brent years. Lest I forget, all in for end of the Keith/Donna era, some of those early '79 shows are damn good and for sure they've got to release 2/17/79 someday - that show is killer.

almost finished with 7/10/03 - really fun show. Second set opened with Bobby on acoustic playing Blackbird. As luck would have it I saw the first of 2 GD version at Alpine in '88. That was a spontaneous and super special awesome moment to be treasured, despite the naysayers. wrote about that show, in the context of that run, as guest post for GDHour years ago. So yeah it's fun to go back to some of these other one shows. Jerry was there in spirit for sure big time, and there was a lot of excellent music being played. edit - there are places in 7/10/03 second set that Herring's guitar sounds to me like a soprano sax and I Iove it. Great Franklins end Set II to book end show opener. And Loose Lucy for an encore just kicks it.

yet another edit - forgot to add that several days ago listened to the Warehouse show from the night of the bust 1/31/70, plus material from other nights of the run. There is a note here at dead dot net that the acoustic set for 1/31 was spontaneous and had its origin in equipment issues. I'm wondering if the acoustic/electric shows that began regularly shortly thereafter were already planned or if the fun they had playing acoustic 1/31 led them to reimagine their show structure.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

there's a few, 4-1-80 is good, in fact, most if not all of these April 1st shows are good to great. 4-1-94 is excellent, so is 95, check them out.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Saw her last night, her second show after a long pandemic hiatus. I hadn't seen her for years, and I was blown away that, at age 72, her voice is still as clear and soulful as ever. Maybe better. And she hasn't lost anything on the guitar, either. Band was tight, just a very enjoyable evening. Catch her if she comes to your town - you won't regret it.

Next up: Gov't Mule in June, Tedeschi/Trucks and Los Lobos in August.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by bolo24

Damn, would love to have been there. "Funny thing" was that back ca. 1980 she was "the" concert at my cornfield college. Saw the show but had no clue who she was and nowhere near the appreciation I would have had a few years later. I think she had Pinetop Perkins playing with her - not on tour with her but in the area. I would def want to take the John Deere to see that show again. A favorite Jerry Band tape BITD was her playing with Jerry back in 1987.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

If that was at the Greek in Berkeley, I was there. I believe they did "Think" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" together (?). At one point they were trading licks, until Jerry went off and she did the "I'm not worthy" bow. Fun time.

yeah - that's the show! lucky you! had a killer audience tape. been a good very long while since i listened but memory is that Think was absolutely crackling.

user picture

Member for

2 years 5 months

I was there, fun show. We were up on the Eel River the day before, to see Garcia Acoustic & Elctric bands, what a cool scene that was!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by billy the kiddd

I saw her play on a couple of songs with The Other Ones 8-25-00 Shoreline.
Had great seats right in front of Hornsby.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Every year on this day we like to give a big round of THANKS! to our Den mother and logistical nightmare nurse, Marye!
So from all us fools to you, THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

Bluecrow: I’d love for them to do something with 1/20 & 1/10/79! Make a good Dave’s with all of one and part of the other (of course I’m extremely biased) and supposedly there’s no tapes in the vault? Maybe someday they’ll show up : (
And I fully agree about 2/17/79. I know Billy the Kids been lobbying for this and a Brent’s first combo for some time. Think that would be a neat release, call it “new ones coming as the old ones go”
Alpine 88? Interesting thoughts. We didn’t go that year because it was such a shit show in 87. So when we heard at Buckeye about the Bird etc we were obviously bummed. But everyone we talked to said it was too damn hot, the scene was too crazy, and the Bird was cool to see, but not mind blowing? Always interesting on folks take on these things.
Glad you had a enjoyable time! That was a weird summer for me: broke my ankle a week before tour. Buckeye, which I now think was a pretty good show, was ruff being on crutches and still hurting pretty good in spite of all the analgesics lol. Pittsburgh I don’t recall the show much except we sat up in the back outta the way which was good for the foot. Also remember Gentlemen Start Your Engines and thought it was interesting. Cool scene there too that day.
Toga I had to sell my ticket as I needed to go to the hospital for tests (long story). Still bums me out about that whole situation. Crotchfester was good for the times and a crazy scene, oh, and that fun Green Onions!
Oxford was awesome, all the way around! Decent, sort of under the radar tour.
81Boulder: it’s not that I don’t like this show, it’s that there are many other ones from this tour I think are better!
Dane, Rosemount, and especially Indianapolis are all great shows! So another case of Dave going to the right city and street, but the wrong house, imho anyway…

BONNIE RAITT: alas, don’t recall ever getting to see her. Another force of nature that came outta nowhere and left a smoking crater. The only gal living at the House of Bluelights (our good buddy BOO469’s gal at the time) was a huge Bonnie fan and turned me on. Think it was that first album that just blew my teenage brain away! Man I miss that. It still happens occasionally, but not like back then when people would regularly turn you on to stuff that would fry circuits for life!

4/1/80: not only our pick of the day but the 42nd anniversary of our good buddy, and fashion guru, Dennis here at deadnets first show! Happy happy joy joy to big D!

For extra credit check out the 4/1/91 show ole Conekid turned us onto awhile back if you haven’t done so!

Speaking of 91, after I hit that decent 2/14/88 show I’ve been rehashing the Richfield fall 91 shows at work and all except one of the MSG shows. Definitely a nice box worth of shows on that tour (I’m including the excellent Oakland shows)
I’ve been working in yet another fortified bunker up in the Gulch with no phone signal and they didn’t pay their cable bill (lol, 3 houses in a row now?) so no interwebs!!! The HORROR!
There’s a whole big section of this place that was added illegally (over the allotted 10,000 square feet limit) there a full Theatre, a huge game room, and an exercise area with both hot and dry saunas etc. Funny thing was the original owner who did this got busted and had to remove it all and cement the entry closed! . Of course eventually they were able to sneak it all back in, but I’m curious how that works when you sell the place?
So I’ve had to DL shows before I get there, thereby perhaps falling a little behind here, but I’ve been blowing through 2 shows a day, though mostly background listening. I do find that certain really good or really bad parts seem to catch my attention listening that way?
Definitely ready for some more 82 this week, maybe try a 92, and perhaps Doc can turn us onto some more Primal?

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

To Marye...Here, Here!

Bolo: I'll be seeing Bonnie Raitt "with special guest, Mavis Staples" in September.
Bonnie has an heir apparent, and her name is Susan Tedeschi.

My ole departed buddy Keeko used to say “if ignorance was bliss, I must be the happiest man on earth”
Har, har. But who is really the fool, and who the wise man!
Which someway is ment to say I enjoyed todays choice of fools, yuk, yuk.
Pretty fun first show Dennis! And a Shakedown encore to boot!
So, which band member played the best other instrument?
One of the drummers was ok, Bob on the organ was decent, buuuuttttt….

Then a rehash of the fine second set from 9/16/91 MSG. Yeah Jer bear botches the beginning to Saint, but overall solid with some great peaks and a super set list! Was the CAT and Attics the greatest, no but for the times I would of shat myself to see a show like this.
Washing it all down with disc 2 from Vault II 68, top shelf New Potato, and a 2020 Anchor Xmass.
Cheers amigos!

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Enjoyable show. I had to try out a couple different sources. And always love a Shakedown Encore. Would love to hear an upgraded version some day.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Pretty sure Bill said in his book these shows were a par-tay. Lord knows we need more of those... :-) Be safe all :-) and par-tay har-tay :-)

p.s. stairs

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Hey, rockers!!!

Pick of the day: Cincinnati April 3 1970

How and why did the Dead land in Cincinnati on April 3, 1970? Rockers, let’s not ask why, let’s just enjoy…..

A very nice and somewhat unknown/underrated/certainly underappreciated Spring 1970 show, and a great example of the short lived Electric set 1/Acoustic set/Electric set 2 format. Psychedelic folkies, folk chemists, spinners of sweet magical tuneage…………..

Enough grease to keep writers from Colorado happy. Classic covers. Sweet acoustic, with the first Candyman. Black Peter from the dark recesses of the heart. “Short” but crunchy second set, kicking off with a fiery Not Fade Away. Love that position, wish they had carried that set opener forward into 71 and 72! Cosmic Charlie. Lovelight. And yes folks, we bid you goodnight, sweet dreams….

Give your ears a workout, you won’t regret it………………

Doc
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up…….

Starting off my Sunday.
Been a while since I last listened to Hooteroll?. Seemed like a good choice for today.

I had pretty good success with the Spring 90 tour. Listened to every show on or close to the anniversary. On weeknights if time was limited I wouldn’t listen to the whole first set, but did always listen to the whole second set. And, most importantly, I listened to every Drums/Space. Good stuff there. That must have been an awesome tour to be on.

Time to brew a second cup of coffee. I only brew one cup at a time so that they’re always fresh.
Black and oily Columbian Supremo beans that I roasted 3 weeks ago.
Several years ago Jim and Kayak guy turned me on to roasting beans. Thanks again guys. The best beans are the ones you roasted yourself.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I’ll hit that mañana when I’m back in my cave at work!

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Looking at 9/18/90 MSG for today. It is a Pearson Healy Miller.

Let me know if there is any interest in this one.

Still haven't reached spring here in MN. More snow.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Gotta hit 4/3/70 first. Prolly have time after for 9/18/90.