• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • protondecay123
    Default Avatar
    To Fully reconstruct the show from 3/24/1990 at the Knick, you would need to buy " Without A Net " for the One More Saturday Night that closed the 1st Set, Postcards of the Hanging to get the Desolation Row that followed Loser in the 1st set, Dozin' at the Knick for Walking Blues in the 1st set and all of the 2nd set, and Spring 1990 (The Other One) to get the other songs from the 1st set. That show got hacked to pieces.
  • eyes43
    Does anyone have any definitive information on what exactly this is? Heres a link to the ebay item, it has sold, so if you click on this link and you are on a computer or phone, you will need to click on the item to see the original listing. Then you can see the photos, and the numbered coin, which instead of havings its own number, it says, "miracle"? Im thinking this might be what they decided to do with promo copies, instead of leaving it blank, or stamping it "promo" like the FW69 boxset. The Dave's Picks series, all have blank promo copies. (Would be very interesting to know how many promos they make for each of these limited edition items!!) Ok, heres the link:http://m.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-Spring-1990-The-Other-One-Box-Set-M… If you have the ebay app, you can also just enter this number in the search box, and it will bring you to the same item. Again, it has already sold, so you will need to click on it, to open the original listing. That item number is: 162549487635 Id really like to know what the miracle means on the numbered coins...it makes sense that it would be a promo, that they sent out to reviewers and whomever else is lucky enough to get all this stuff, we all do everything we can to afford, for free! And instead of stamping promo, or leaving blank, they stamped miracle, as in here is your miracle (free) 1990 spring TOO boxset!!! Must be nice!!! Still, though, would like to know for sure! Thanks.
  • company
    Default Avatar
    I'd check for you but I didn't order this box. Hopefully someone who did will be kind enough to take 5 mins to get you some confirmation so you don't think you're going nuts! beet juice
  • antonjo
    purplekush, I know this is a year after your post, but just for the record, gotta call b/s on your song-length observations: "7 minute Halfstep" ~ yeah, that's short, but so is 12/19/73 (7:29) "8 minute playin's" ~ 8:56 (7/1/78), meanwhile 10:27 (3/14/90), 11:40 (4/3/90) "17 minutes for a Help On The Way>Slipknot>Franklins Tower TOTAL" ~ 14:50 (8/13/75) "8 or 9 minute China-Cat>Rider has no time to even find a groove" ~ 13:17 (3/15/90), 11:09 (3/26/90), 10:24 (4/01/90), 11:05 (9/19/90) No 8 or 9-minute versions I could find on any of my '90 releases. "a 19 minute Scarlet-fire it's over before it starts" ~ really? I guess these are, too? : 19:33 (10/16/77), 18:01 (11/2/77), 18:16 (5/11/78), 19:55 (7/3/78), 18:28 (7/7/78) 3/16/90's Scarlet > Estimated is 22:25. Incidentally, 11/4/77's Other One = 4:25, and 7/5/78's Truckin' = 7:29. They're both pretty hot, though. Morals of the story ~ some older years boast just as short or shorter lengths as '90; not all '90 lengths are as short as you claimed; and most importantly, song lengths alone do not tell the tale on performance heat. I do share your wish for one of the Fall '73 shows with horns!
  • simonrob
    The problem with posting when a release finally sells out is that it inevitably becomes available again a day or two later. Won't make that mistake again. Stranger than fiction.
  • Fogle
    Pulled the trigger just in time this afternoon... Mickey's damn Beam told me, turns out it was the right call. Feels all the more special that it came so close. I'll be returning home to this precious package after nearly 4 months across the pond in a week plus. Perhaps my first post on deadland? I've been reading each and every release comment that you crazies have drummed up for years now. Maybe I'll be back! Nice place to be. Dave, dead.net, all involved in this community, thanks a ton!
  • simonrob
    Finally gone. That will make the folks at Rhino happy. Took a long time for one reason or another. Too soon after the first one? Simultaneous downloads available? 9000 was too many?
  • chr1skol1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! On yesterday I have got my Spring Box (The Other One). Thanks a lot guys that you have bring to us this exciting and beautiful box!
  • fahrenheit451
    Default Avatar
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for this thing to sell out.
  • DaveandDeeds
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I too was frustrated with iTunes metadata, however I believe this is from lazy and inaccurate individuals who load their poorly labeled discs to Gracenote or whatever, and then the options are usually wrong for the rest of us. This all started for me when I decided to import the E72 box. Nightmare!! My advice is, pick the option that "looks" the most accurate, but DO NOT import it as such. Instead, choose NOT to import, fix the mistakes first, then import away. Sorry for a three moth old reply, but we are all in this together. (~}:-
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 11 months

Wow--What an amazing night at the movies. It was a pleasure seeing Pigpen singing at least one song(Mr Charlie). Jerry, Bobby, Phil, Bill, & Keith were all on fire. I may have to pick up the CD just for The Other One. Thank you to everyone who put this together and I hope this gets released for all who missed it to see.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Just got back and it was AWESOME!!! Great to see the guys having so much fun and the playing was phenomenal. Nice to see Jerry looking very spiffy in a tie dye and a nice leather jacket. Great to see Pig knock out Mr. Charlie. And nothing swings like Truckin'.Two PITB and an awesome TOO made for a great night at the movies. Rock on
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Any more details in regard to Spring 90' box ? Any behind the scenes looks into the making of the box ? Seems like no new announcements were made. SiriusXm has the Dave's 11 preview next Wednesday, but it doesn't say what show. Today was also the 25th anniversary of Alpine Valley 89',, portion of that show was featured on Today in GD History. Let the Good Times Roll and the releases keep coming
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 11 months

Looks like there are less than 20 available. Pick this one up now!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Back from MUATM... expected the DaP#11 announcement... oh well.Cool info about 1990 TOO box set. .... had fun yelling out answers at the Dead trivia before the movie started... Worst part: as the Other One was about 5 minutes in, the camera zooms in on Jerry's hands,... and the laptop? they were playing the video from, crashed. Blue screen. Lights up in the theater. 5 minutes til anyone even knew. Thankfully they scrolled back to the drum solo, turned the volume up as requested, and continued with The Other One.... GREAT time with the wife, a few Stella's @ Bonefish Grill beforehand... then had fun @ the movie. Hope everyone else had a great time!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Back from MUATM... expected the DaP#11 announcement... oh well.Cool info about 1990 TOO box set. .... had fun yelling out answers at the Dead trivia before the movie started... Worst part: as the Other One was about 5 minutes in, the camera zooms in on Jerry's hands,... and the laptop? they were playing the video from, crashed. Blue screen. Lights up in the theater. 5 minutes til anyone even knew. Thankfully they scrolled back to the drum solo, turned the volume up as requested, and continued with The Other One.... GREAT time with the wife, a few Stella's @ Bonefish Grill beforehand... then had fun @ the movie. Hope everyone else had a great time!
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

AMAZING. Intensely furious jamming-close up camera work-the Dead at the height of their telepathic powers. Does anyone out there know if other films from 72 tour exist?
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

Loved the Meet Up at the Movies! An outstanding document of the band
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Before the Beat Club show started, they did speak with Bobby & Jeff Norman for a couple of minutes as they sat at the mixing board. Bobby said that during this tour the band was firing on all cylinders and that they were definitely at the top of their game. He said Jerry had fully recovered form his coma and was clean. Then he kind of laughed and said"Well, as clean as he could be". Too funny. Jeff said he takes one song at a time and takes one band member at a time. He said that he has the most fun with Jerry and does him last. Branford was also on and he said the LOVED playing with them. He said "No sound check, no practice, no set list, no nothing. Just come out on stage and let it flow. I was like this is the SHIT"! Everyone in the theatre got a good laugh out of that. Before the movie they were playing Eyes of the World from 3/29/90 while they asked trivia questions. But once again, my wife proved the old adage that is expressed many times here, the wives usually don't "get it". My wife loves the short snappy song like One More Sat. Night, Bertha, BIODTL, etc. But part way through the GREAT TOO jam, she leans over to me and says "Does it ever end"! I laughed out loud at that. Too funny indeed. A great night for sure and I cannot wait for next year's MUAM. I too was hoping for the DaP11 announcement, but no luck.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

My wife did the SAME thing through the jam... she actually was worried going to the movie she'd be bored. But she said "I get bored in movies with plots, but I really enjoyed that"...but it's not just the dead, she doesn't enjoy the noodling from any band... in fact she really doesn't like the Allman's. She does however enjoy the jamming of CRB and the Black Crowes... CRB especially. Anyway... great night out here in Columbia, SC!
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Couple things caught my eye during the Bremen show. When you see the band close up enough to see their fingers on the fretboard AND the looks they exchange, you get a better feel for the 3-4 note signals they send each other to take it up or take it down. The full band seemed to fully enjoy playing both Mr. Charlie (robust and funky) and One More Saturday Night, which is almost too much on the box set due to its incessant appearance on nearly every show (something that doesn't happen to Playing in the Band), but rocked big time last night. In fact, my "insight" is that the longer, spacier Playing in the Band marked the first big, new jam vehicle to emerge as the band left behind Alligator, St. Stephen, etc. So they played it every chance they got, including twice last night, because it's seemingly a path to the future. Keith appears benevolently bored most of the time, but comes alive in the brisker jams. When Jer stops Sugaree and says "someone played the wrong changes" he has his back to Pigpen and is kinda joking with Phil about, obviously, Pigpen. It sounds like a kindly exasperation and it seems to reflect a level of tolerance born of compassion for Pigpen's obvious demise and the realization that Pigpen never made the transition to the band's somewhat newly acquired musical sophistication. Of course, Pigpen essentially was a bluesman and that fancy shit was beyond him and that's not a bad thing. Wish he'd lived to make his solo album.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

You either get the Grateful Dead or you don't. If you don't, stay away and keep the "wow they play song long time" comments to thyself. Interesting juxtaposition: Sunshine Daydream and Beat Club. SD played outdoors, very public, very community. BC played in television studio, a few crew, very intimate; very community 42 years later (THANK GOODNESS). SD is one of the top five shows ever. BC is pure GD fun. More meet-ups, please. I don't need a tote bag or rubber stamps, just more music (and appropriate visuals.) At times, it looked like the GD were playing in Bikini Bottom, with those tie-dye images. That's an appropriate visual.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....so I missed Beat Club. Love reading the comments on it however. As far as the DaP 11 announcement, I think they should not announce it at all. Just make it a surprise in our mailboxes....
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

Just got the following e-mail. Read on.... Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for your recent order from the Dead.net Store. We appreciate your business! You are receiving this message becasue we want to confirm that you are at the same address entered at checkout for your preorder of Dave's Picks Volume 11: Century II Convention Hall, Wichita, KS 11/17/72. If you are at the same address, please disregard this message. If you have moved, please reply to this email with your new address information no later than Friday, July 25. Thank you! Kind regards, Dead.net Store Customer Care Team
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

....I just got the same email. "Oh Toto, there's no place like home." Bring on Wichita. Super-stoked for this one. After all, my name is Vguy"72"....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

So it is official...Wichita Kansas 11/17/72. Congrats all of you Fall of 72 folks. This has been a good couple of days for the '72 devotees.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

Excellent choice.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

Just got the address verification email, it's 11/17/72!
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

Looking forward to seeing the artwork.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Does anyone know (or want to guess) if any vinyl will be pressed for for the "Too" series (or the 3/29 show)? Thank you, Justin
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

On a vinyl release. Wait, can you say 3/29/90 complete for Black Friday RSD?
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Here is about all I will say about this one. If I didn't have a subscription, Dave would really have to sell this one on me. I hope to be surprised and find some interesting new nuggets of gold in this concert, but I am a bit saturated with 1972 right now. Speaking of selling me on something, I have one regret re: DaP purchases and that is #7, 4/24/78. Dave really sold that one hard and it just does not hold up as a top shelf show, in my opinion. I just recently listened again and was again seriously underwhelmed by this show. I didn't pull the trigger on #8 because of that experience and truly regret not picking that one up.
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

Cool Wichita late 72,should be some good jams can't wait. anyone know when it goes on sale?...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 8 months

I agree that 4/24/78 was the weakest DaP so far, but I wouldn't say I regret purchasing it. The Scarlet-Fire is top 10 and the Good Lovin' is my favorite post-Pig. The first set is pretty solid and high energy. Disc three is pretty underwhelming though. I would wait to see if they supplement 11/17/72 with some 11/18 filler. Otherwise it looks pretty short. If that Playin' from 11/18 makes it on there, purchase right away.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

From what I see, about 1/3 of this show has not circulated, so this show is longer than most setlists show. In that 1/3, there's a Bird Song. This was a great era for Bird Song.
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

....just what Dave's Picks needed, a 72 show! Looks good, I'm ready to rock! Last night's movie was awesome! Wish they would release the DVD but you cant have everything I guess. This and the new JGB(which is excellent!) should kill time nicely until Spring 90 TOO arrives! Later folks!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

When was Bird Song never good?
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

A favorite show of mine since around 2002, when I first heard it. Given that some of the more well known shows (Hofheinz!) from this period are not in the Vault, this was a GREAT pick. Especially since the circulating versions (that I know of) have splices and somewhat murky sound - this is going to be a massive sonic upgrade. Have I mentioned (several times) that my VERY favoritist, top, bestist era for the Dead is October-November 72? And we finally have our first release from that period! (Yes, I think it is very different from September - more skronk, more jazzy jamming - I mean, check out the Other One in this Wichita show - perhaps Keith's finest moment in jazz mode... Or, the Box of Rain. Their best song, IMO - but not always enjoyable for me to hear them play live (the vocals can be, uh, problematic on this one). But they NAIL the harmonies on this version.... (and on Brokedown) I am a happy camper.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Gotta admit, this looks great. Hey, at least it's a different MONTH in '72 then has ever been released ;) And it's great to see one of the '72 Box of Rains on a release...to my ear, they're ever so slightly closer to American Beauty than the '73 ones. I've never heard this show, but all the Archive comments are pretty ecstatic, sounds like a really small venue and looking forward to this reportedly standout He's Gone. And as Mustin says, was Bird Song ever not good? Still hoping for a mid-80's release for DP12 (no, Spring '90 is not the same thing). Or a '68. This is likely my last subscription (I'm ready to say I have enough)(with option to buy one-offs) so I really hope it's an under-represented year for the finale. And still have my finger on the trigger for this box...one more big splurge?
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

i don't think they could have picked a show with a worse setlist. the only songs i like are: brown-eyed women china cat sunflower i know you rider he's gone truckin' the other one brokedown palace sugar magnolia this show has too many covers the grateful dead could never pull off. hopefully, there is some quality filler added to this release.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

...man, I missed your uplifting posts...... . want to see a bummer setlist? Try 7/4/87...yuck...
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Remember what determines a great show: It's not necessarily what they play, it's how they play it. Regardless, the set list from 11/17/72 looks terrific, in my opinion. I've heard amazing things about the He's Gone - Truckin - Other One - Brokedown Palace - Sugar Mag.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

i don't know if its that bad. its sort of hot & cold. some great songs. some lousy songs. for the record let me just say two of my favorite releases are from 1972: dick's picks 30 academy of music & sunshine daydream veneta oregon you're right nanno-1974. sometimes its how they play, but sometimes i'd rather hear a song i like even if the band is a little off.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

An 80s installment on top of a 2nd 90 release would've been cause for consternation; however, this is an absolutely fantastic selection which, as Claney recognized, taps a magnificent Fall 72 season that has been understandably overshadowed by the nearly unprecedented, sustained excellence of the overseas Spring tour (i.e., "nearly" because April - June 77 is equally impeccable - though of a different stripe - night-in, night-out). A few notes from The Tome (Taper's Compendium): "a raw and exceptional Grateful Dead performance"; "The M&MU, TN Jed, China>Rider and A&A stand out because of the band's uncharacteristically massive jams"; "This TOO is atypical for its lack of structured theme...[it] is a pure and demented improvisational drift". Wow. And with Englishtown on the re-release horizon from Real Gone. Thank you, David./kate :))
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

"Wait, can you say 3/29/90 complete for Black Friday RSD?" Excellent idea!
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Exactly one month before I first saw the Dead. 12/15/72 Long Beach Arena. To this day one of my favorite concert memories ever. Began a love affair with the Dead that had me catch every show I could within reason. Last show was 12/19/94 Los Angeles Sports Arena. Back in the day we cherished every recorded note we could get our hands on. Now people complain. It's a great time to be alive.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 5 months

Can't wait to compare the 11/17/72 He's Gone to the 9/17/72 Dick's #23 version (my most of the time favorite version) :)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

This is one of those shows where you should pretty much ignore the setlist. It tells you very little about the tight and focused playing within. Songs that I might normally skip (MAMU!) are so kick-ass in this show. I'm getting all worked up. I haven't listened to my copy for a long time, because of the sound quality, and there is so much better sounding stuff now, so... I mean, wow. What an upgrade this will be. Isn't that one of the things we want from a subscription series like this? Great, underrated, little heard, poor sounding show gets upgrade. Hell yeah. Sorry to be so crazy enthused about this one, can't help it. Those of you who haven't heard it, just wait until you do. If you haven't got a subscription, order this one... you will kick yourself later if you don't. If the sound quality is what I expect it to be, this will knock DaP 8 (1980) aside as my favorite of the series, no doubt about that. EDIT - Kate, thanks for sharing those quotes from the review in the TC - I'll have to read that review again. But it's pretty spot on if I recall (well, maybe except for the "raw" part).
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Some of the published setlists for this concert are incomplete. Here's the show: Set 1 The Promised Land Sugaree Me And My Uncle Tennessee Jed Black Throated Wind Bird Song Jack Straw Box Of Rain Don't Ease Me In Beat It On Down The Line Brown Eyed Women Big River China Cat Sunflower -> I Know You Rider Around And Around Casey Jones Set 2 Cumberland Blues El Paso He's Gone Truckin' -> The Other One -> Brokedown Palace -> Sugar Magnolia Uncle John's Band Johnny B. Goode
product sku