• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • protondecay123
    Default Avatar
    To Fully reconstruct the show from 3/24/1990 at the Knick, you would need to buy " Without A Net " for the One More Saturday Night that closed the 1st Set, Postcards of the Hanging to get the Desolation Row that followed Loser in the 1st set, Dozin' at the Knick for Walking Blues in the 1st set and all of the 2nd set, and Spring 1990 (The Other One) to get the other songs from the 1st set. That show got hacked to pieces.
  • eyes43
    Does anyone have any definitive information on what exactly this is? Heres a link to the ebay item, it has sold, so if you click on this link and you are on a computer or phone, you will need to click on the item to see the original listing. Then you can see the photos, and the numbered coin, which instead of havings its own number, it says, "miracle"? Im thinking this might be what they decided to do with promo copies, instead of leaving it blank, or stamping it "promo" like the FW69 boxset. The Dave's Picks series, all have blank promo copies. (Would be very interesting to know how many promos they make for each of these limited edition items!!) Ok, heres the link:http://m.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-Spring-1990-The-Other-One-Box-Set-M… If you have the ebay app, you can also just enter this number in the search box, and it will bring you to the same item. Again, it has already sold, so you will need to click on it, to open the original listing. That item number is: 162549487635 Id really like to know what the miracle means on the numbered coins...it makes sense that it would be a promo, that they sent out to reviewers and whomever else is lucky enough to get all this stuff, we all do everything we can to afford, for free! And instead of stamping promo, or leaving blank, they stamped miracle, as in here is your miracle (free) 1990 spring TOO boxset!!! Must be nice!!! Still, though, would like to know for sure! Thanks.
  • company
    Default Avatar
    I'd check for you but I didn't order this box. Hopefully someone who did will be kind enough to take 5 mins to get you some confirmation so you don't think you're going nuts! beet juice
  • antonjo
    purplekush, I know this is a year after your post, but just for the record, gotta call b/s on your song-length observations: "7 minute Halfstep" ~ yeah, that's short, but so is 12/19/73 (7:29) "8 minute playin's" ~ 8:56 (7/1/78), meanwhile 10:27 (3/14/90), 11:40 (4/3/90) "17 minutes for a Help On The Way>Slipknot>Franklins Tower TOTAL" ~ 14:50 (8/13/75) "8 or 9 minute China-Cat>Rider has no time to even find a groove" ~ 13:17 (3/15/90), 11:09 (3/26/90), 10:24 (4/01/90), 11:05 (9/19/90) No 8 or 9-minute versions I could find on any of my '90 releases. "a 19 minute Scarlet-fire it's over before it starts" ~ really? I guess these are, too? : 19:33 (10/16/77), 18:01 (11/2/77), 18:16 (5/11/78), 19:55 (7/3/78), 18:28 (7/7/78) 3/16/90's Scarlet > Estimated is 22:25. Incidentally, 11/4/77's Other One = 4:25, and 7/5/78's Truckin' = 7:29. They're both pretty hot, though. Morals of the story ~ some older years boast just as short or shorter lengths as '90; not all '90 lengths are as short as you claimed; and most importantly, song lengths alone do not tell the tale on performance heat. I do share your wish for one of the Fall '73 shows with horns!
  • simonrob
    The problem with posting when a release finally sells out is that it inevitably becomes available again a day or two later. Won't make that mistake again. Stranger than fiction.
  • Fogle
    Pulled the trigger just in time this afternoon... Mickey's damn Beam told me, turns out it was the right call. Feels all the more special that it came so close. I'll be returning home to this precious package after nearly 4 months across the pond in a week plus. Perhaps my first post on deadland? I've been reading each and every release comment that you crazies have drummed up for years now. Maybe I'll be back! Nice place to be. Dave, dead.net, all involved in this community, thanks a ton!
  • simonrob
    Finally gone. That will make the folks at Rhino happy. Took a long time for one reason or another. Too soon after the first one? Simultaneous downloads available? 9000 was too many?
  • chr1skol1
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! On yesterday I have got my Spring Box (The Other One). Thanks a lot guys that you have bring to us this exciting and beautiful box!
  • fahrenheit451
    Default Avatar
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for this thing to sell out.
  • DaveandDeeds
    Just wanted to throw this out there, I too was frustrated with iTunes metadata, however I believe this is from lazy and inaccurate individuals who load their poorly labeled discs to Gracenote or whatever, and then the options are usually wrong for the rest of us. This all started for me when I decided to import the E72 box. Nightmare!! My advice is, pick the option that "looks" the most accurate, but DO NOT import it as such. Instead, choose NOT to import, fix the mistakes first, then import away. Sorry for a three moth old reply, but we are all in this together. (~}:-
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Without sounding to gooey and sentimental...Spring 90 is how I'd like to remember 90's Dead. The performances were great, the sound was great, the scene hadn't taken the full turn that it did circa 93-95. This is truly beautiful Dead and I can't wait to hear the shows.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

I don't have a problem with either the 2 track or the 24 track. The 2 track are pretty much direct on the fly as I understand-more of the you are there in real time sound. They sound great to me. The Terrapin Limited was 2 track as well-cranked that up again over the week-end-it is terrific. Joe Gastwirt did the honors on that one. The Without a Net is 24 track and sounds terrific-may be a little less sparkly high end and more "analog" like to my ears-ie-smoother, more of a finished product type of thing. They both have their place. Just like the matrix stuff has its place. Lucky for us-the Dead were fastidious with sound technology over the years which created high quality source material. Some other archival releases from jazz, classical and rock ensembles are not nearly as pleasing upon release many years later because, at least partially, they didn't obsess over sound, technology and in-house control.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

not the horrific train wreck it is rumored to be, but you can hear Jerry's anger/irritation/po'dness in the A&A>LL, Daytripper. speeding things up, cutting off Bobby. I really enjoyed Black Peter. if any of y'all were there, what was it really like? back in the day, my friend had a roommate who went; he reported that the roommate's first comment upon returning was "you didn't miss anything." not really related to spring 90, but anyway...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 10 months

We gotta wait two months for this sonic glory? Hopefully we'll get a couple "Yoda Preview Tracks" to tide us over.
user picture

Member for

10 years 6 months

RE: HarveyDental "Sold Out.." I just bought Terrapin Limited last week of May. I must have got one of the last ones, 44,000-something serial number. But I am still somewhat dismayed that it does not have a COMPLETE "Terrapin Station" with all the parts!

Member for

16 years 10 months

Ed,Actually, the entire Terrapin was only first performed live by Further a few summers ago (and it was pretty thrilling, I must say). The closest the GD came was 3-18-77, where they attempted the Alhambra (Jerry & drummers duel) piece...and not very tightly, though it's still really cool. The Terrapin Ltd show, 3/15, was actually the "weak" night of the three Landovers to many of us. But it cleans up nicely! one of the best sounding releases I know of, hard to believe it's not multi-track. I think we just had poor seats for sound on the night; for first half of first set, at least. Hardly heard a note of Jerry's leads on Sugaree, but the tapes don't lie (still can't compete with Landover '87's or Hampton '88's, though ; ) Terrapin thru to closer is just excellent stuff, and wonderful Althea, Cassidy & Jed in the 1st. Easy to Love You is near impossibly tight, and Walkin' Blues (always preferred Minglewood) is quite good, too. But I still think 3/14 & 3/16 are beefier. Fennario, reprinted vintage tickets may not sell a box. But that stuff really does add love to a package. When I opened the Spring '90 box and saw the Camper's Info guides, it nearly brought a tear to my eye--they were the EXACT ones that circulated for those shows. That's just a nice touch, and I can't imagine it's adding much to the cost. What it adds is richness to re-immersing in a time & place along with the music. To me, it brought a big smile.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

thanks for the feedback. I'll pull the trigger on CWI first chance I get.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

looks like you were at phish in Mansfield a few weeks back. I was there too. Had never seen phish before and didn't know any of there songs. Still thought it was a great show. Was going to golf with some buddies and then we were going to go to the show. It was like a thousand degrees and humid that day. Ended up sitting in a buddies house (who happens to live in Mansfield) watching world cup and drinking beers. Concert was great. Only bummer was it took 2 hours to get out of parking lot in Mansfield when show ended ... that was rough. I listened to phish in early/mid 90's briefly and at the time, thought they were sort of a cheap imitation of the Dead so figured i'd stick with the Dead. I just recently borrowed some CD's from a friend and going to give phish a bigger listen.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 5 months

An a-b comparison between Without a Net HDCD and Spring 1990 box should answer any SQ. questions. The 24 track mixes are full, transparent, with a wide open soundstage.The drums and bass have separation and depth. The Spring 1990 vol.1 material has a bright,digital, sound.Its all there but, it lacks balance and warmth compared to the Without a Net mixes. If Spring 1990 TOO is mixed down well, there will be no comparison.
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Good deal takimoto. I was at Mansfield. Forgot to anticipate the additional holiday week traffic to the Cape. Listened to the match on the way down. Hot as hell. Ive been back on Phish for a couple years now after basically not listening at all since 96. I'm inspired by what I hear. I think the days of comparing them to the Dead should have passed awhile back. They are well into their own now and have been going strong at what they do for years. It would be like still comparing the Rolling Stones to Howlin Wolf or Muddy Waters. They (Phish) Jam and people still follow them around the country. I think the overall comparisons end there. If that was your Phirst show you caught a good one. I thought it was a very tight show and a beautiful night in Mansfield! Peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 6 months

I wonder if the shows on the 1st box set will be released as digital downloads as well?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 6 months

I think that band is called Brownout
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I just wanted to say that I'm really moved by the generosity and positive sentiment, especially to those who I may not have always seen eye to eye with here in light of some of my admittedly controversial posts. That gesture of good vibes means more to me than any boxed set, money or any other materialistic gain. It's truly a noble and honorable circumstance. I'm not soliciting for freebies, handouts, charity and miracles. Claney pretty much hit the nail on the head in regards to several points, even going back to my post from 2012. True, I'm not in a financially set way by any means and true, purchasing a subscription for $100 is a large investment for me. It's also true that a friend helped me out with the first Spring 1990 box, which I was unable to afford during the time of pre-sale up until it sold out. I did however reimburse them eventually. It took a while but I, in good conscience couldn't just accept a freebie, regardless of my personal finances. A very cool person here has offered to order one of these up for me. They don't know me personally, which makes the gesture of generosity even more special. I did decide to take the person up on their offer in good faith that if I'm able to repay him, I would if that he would do that for me, but he also noted that there are no strings attached if I'm unable to. I very much want this great gentleman to be reimbursed for his generosity. A lot of people have said that they would donate to the cause, and I don't have any expectations, but if you do decide to help out, I'll refer this person to you in a private message so he can recoup his costs in a timely manor. In good faith, when I can afford to, I will pay it forward to the best of my ability and within reason. I don't expect anything from anybody, nor will I begrudge anyone who rightfully states that there are more deserving places in which to donate to a charitable cause than a guy on an internet forum over a boxed set of music. It is admittedly awkward for me to be in a "charity case" position in the first place. I realize that I've ruffled some feathers here with some of my posts and I'm not going to make excuses for myself or my frustrations that the releases with the shows in which I desire the most have been priced out of my budget. I can say that there are some truly awesome people here who have been incredibly patient with some of my controversial dialogue. The generosity and random acts of kindness mean far more to me than any materialistic items. In addition to Claney, I would also like to acknowledge MaryE for her voice of reason in her last post regarding charity and her moderator hat. Anyways, because of many circumstances, I'll be on and off here for stretches of time as I'm frequently in places for days without internet access. Finally, and again, if I do receive this box as a result of the amazing generosity here, I will pay it forward. Even if I don't get one of these boxed sets, I'm still moved by the positive sentiment.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

I already sent you a PM last week. Please send me the person's contact information and I will contribute. Glad you did not miss out on the release.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

Fine words, well said. I am glad most posters understood what was and was not happening, and impressed Spacebro took the high road at every turn. A lesson for all of us when 'getting into it' on the interwebs.

Member for

9 years 11 months

I am impressed by the whole thing honestly.In the coitus upped world in which we live, I relish the chance to be in things like this. My paper is on the way 100% complete coolness. What was the quote? "You're a Damn Good Audience"
user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

Dude is the real deal, the miracle ticket kinda person for sure… wish I had his karma, never scored one! every time I see his avatar…. well, he is truly the bother from another planet
user picture

Member for

12 years

.......wow. It's great that people who can help out a fellow head are doing so. And Spacebro's comments about the situation are very moving and well stated. I know that if this was a 73 or 74 box I would be out of my f*****g mind if I couldn't come up with the scratch for it. I'm glad for all the late 80's and early 90's fans whom I can only assume are very happy with this release. It's good that everyone gets to be happy!! I purchased the Brandford show, and may buy others if they are ever released individually (like E72 shows). Just listening to all my Dick's Picks today, and wondering which one fellow heads would nominate for MOST UNDER RATED. I've always thought that #14 was under-appreciated (probably due to the fact it's not a complete show?). Other opinions would be sweet. As always, Peace.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

its a bit sleepy, but then wakes you up in a big way with the terrifying jam on disc 4
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Funny, DP 14 has always been my favorite of them all. I listen to 31 a lot less than I might, but that's because I have the full shows and while I don't normally mind excerpted DPs (12, 18 are perfect), I hate the cutting they did on 31. Which makes it the most underrated for me at any rate.
user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

1) i have no idea how he does it, but brian hahne is seemingly able to conjure out-of-print dead releases out of thin air. before you go paying scalper prices you really ought to talk to brian first. i will also say that the shipping prep he does to protect your investment is better than most (all)retailers 2) re: stuff going out of print, i see that some of the road trips are still available for short money in the dead.net store. -v2.2 is one of the most impactful shows they ever played -v4.1 is glorious 1969 dead (pig!) -v1.3 is the dead quintet at its peak -v3.2 is early keith 71, has a first set dark star, and a career best NFA/GDTR/NFA sandwich -v1.2 is fall 77, the last 70's H>S>F -v1.4 is post-egypt, has the finest stella blue ever, and a mind blowing TOO every one of those deserves regular rotation
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

2nd that emotion about Brian...he is a helluva helper... AND! AJS... you're living in the past... i&i was like thee 1st person to give you MAD PROPS for your generous gesture towards SpaceBro... c'mon man... that shite was months ago... why ya gotta bring the vibe down... live in the now, holmes... ♤

Member for

9 years 11 months

Got ya and PMed ya. Cool avatar too!I love Les Pauls but could never get used to the weight. And that carved top........SG's are more manageable for some reason. The heat is on this way with afternoon deluges!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

Spring 90 Part 2, count me in, i absolutely love it. Without a net has been my go to album for years, although i like any and everything. I do prefer Brent though. It can not be stated enough that these are the 24 track mix. It will sound incredible! I am one of the people who did enjoy the mix for Spring 90 part 1 and i will enjoy the mix for Spring 90 part 2. As another person mentioned, it is the best of the both worlds. Now here is the real question, what could Dave's Picks Vol. 11 possibly be??? I was certain that we would get a Brent show because I felt that it was about that time. Even after hearing the rumors i thought that it may be too soon for Spring 90 part 2. Now we are essentially getting 8 Brent shows. People have mentioned Fall '72, that would be nice. While we have a lot of '72 in general, i can only recall a few Fall '72 shows that have been released. Dicks picks 11, 23 (one i forget about at times but it is solid as Hell through and through), and 36 (outstanding show). There are probably more but thats what i know off the top of my head. I think the Europe '72 releases obviously skew how we think about the quantity of '72 shows released. I honestly have no idea what we might be looking at next. But heres what i do know: 1. First week in August Dave's Picks Vol. 11 ships 2. August 30 my Alabama Crimson Tide take the field against West Virginia here in the ATL 3. September 9 Spring 90 part 2 ships out 4. September 6 two of my three kids have their first soccer games of the Fall season 5. September 7 my Atlanta Falcons take the field against the New Orleans Saints The Dog Days of Summer are counting down and its going to be an outstanding Fall!!! I hope every one is having a great evening and remember, regardless of the era, enjoy the music. Thats what its all about
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

you guys make me blush like a little schoolgirl. (said in my best "deiter" voice from SNL) haha Guys, I just have fun helping out. SO glad to help you guys.... with white whales, or missing Dick's Picks, or whatever... ya'll have been great to chat with via email and I hope if you ever come to SC you let me buy ya'll a beer. I know I'm hitting Ace up for one in SF. :-) In fact, I've helped quite a few folks here... so to those I haven't helped, hey, not all us ebay sellers are bad guys. :-) hahaha seriously though, I may be able to help find some stuff. especially original release dick's picks i happen to have a good bit of right now, at least certain ones... Seriously though you guys, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that. And yeah, it may take me a little time, and a moderate amount of luck.. and actually, honestly, sometimes I have to lay out some significant cash to get your cd's off the hands of some folks who have them.. but I can usually come up with stuff over time. Then again it only took me about 6 weeks to get 4 of the 6 discs you were looking for ChrisGrand... Again though.. seriously, thanks.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I think DP#33 is under-rated because it comes late in the series, and is overlooked (from what I've seen) because it's so damn hard to come by. Really the 30's are the best releases...30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36.... all top notch. 32 is ok, not my favorite. 33 is definitely hot. I'm partial to #25 also, but that's certainly not underrated. I also really like #20.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

I ditto previous comments ... he has helped me score some rare DP's at very nice prices. And, he ships them with TLC so they arrive perfectly. He could ship an egg through regular USPS and it would arrive at your door uncracked :). Plus, a very cool guy!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years

I selectively picked up about 7 E72 disks over last 5 months or so. Point is, if Spring 90 I or II was ever offered a la carte, i would go in and do the same. Hope they do go up for sale individually ... but would think that would only happen if the all box sets don't "sell out". I am guessing that is why E72 is sold individual ... because all box sets didn't originally sell out. Enjoy!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Julie catch a rabbit by his hair Come back steppin' like to walk on air Get back home where you belong And don't you run off no more Don't hang your head, let the two time roll Grass shack nailed to a pine wood floor Ask the time baby I don't know Come back later, gonna let it show I say row Jimmy row, gonna get there, I don't know Seems a common way to go, get out and row, row, row, row, row Here's a half dollar if you dare Double twist when you hit the air Look at Julie down below The levee doin' the do-pas-o I say row Jimmy row, gonna get there, I don't know Seems a common way to go, get out and row, row, row, row, row Broken heart don't feel so bad You ain't got half of what you thought you had Rock you baby to and fro Not too fast and not too slow I say row Jimmy row, gonna get there, I don't know, Seems a common way to go, get out and row, row, row, row, row. That's the way it's been in town, Ever since they tore the jukebox down Two bit piece don't buy no more Not so much as it done before I say row Jimmy row, gonna get there I don't know Seems a common way to go, get out and row, row, row, row, row Can't wait to hear both from the new box. 3-14 and 4-3 ,, Row Jimmy. Both 1st sets have a great variety. This was one of the tunes I was hoping to get more of from the Brent era
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 11 months

Hey, didn't mean to insult anyone with my comment about replica tickets. I know how much something like that can mean to someone who was there.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

Starting to wonder if this Volume will ship before the official announcement. Kind of reminds me of the DP10 Bonus Disc. Isn't it about time for more good news?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Much appreciated my friend!!!!!And back atcha on the coolness. haha thanks for the comments, and thanks for the kudos... and always appreciate the conversation.
user picture

Member for

11 years 9 months

while passions may flare and settle here over this era or that, one thing is for sure, deadheads always have and always will make things happen in wonderfully unconventional ways. @Spacebro: what owlshead said. And......when I first started posting here, I read a very poignant post several years ago from you and the last sentence was about the memory of the death of your father (maybe Blair's Golden Road?). Anybody that can put that much of themselves out there like that is a-ok. That post is the first thing I think of when I see your avatar. Passionate, Well Informed Deadhead. Maybe some Italian in ya? I'm glad things are going your way. :) oh, I get by with a little help from my friends...(don't we all)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

...i.e. DP #33, is simply, an incredible couple of shows. I've posted it before, and most likely will again. I'm partial to 1976 though......don't mind me. A banner year, with flags held high!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....the encore for the final show of the Spring tour, was We Bid You Goodnight. Simply classic.... Didn't make any of the tour....thought about it. Did see the Dominguez Hills shows a month later. I recall them as being pretty damn smokin'.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Fennario, Hey, no offense at all, I just took the opportunity to raise a toast to the extras since you brought them up (and so many others entirely dismiss such "trifles"). If Dick's 33 is underrated, let me sign the petition--one of the best Dick's. I think some of the early ones that were popular upon release have gotten lost in the shuffle: Dick's 3 (5/22/77), Dick's 11 (9/22/72), Dick's 5 (12/26/79). Some of my other favorites that are well celebrated are: Dick's 4 (of course), Dick's 28 (of course), Dick's 26, Dick's 25 (controversial, but I love it). And Dick's 21 (Richmond 11/01/85) always holds a special place, as it was my 2nd show and a cornerstone to my Dead-going career....extremely popular upon release, but rarely mentioned these days. Not a space-jammer, but a wonderful songfest played with great energy. Discs 1 & 4 of Dick's 31 are stellar, too--but I've never heard the complete shows, so just taking the selections at face value. Can I plug Dave's 3 again, too? But then I'd have to plug RT 3.1 as its companion, and then.....well, you know what happens. That's why we keep collecting!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Can we please take the tit for tat bullshit back to your PMs. None of the rest of us care and it's rude and fugly in public. Please? Thanks
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Whoa-oa what I want to knowIs are you kind? Maybe not so much. Looks like quite a few apologies are in order. Who's man enough to start?
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Anyone making physical threats should be banned, although I will miss his curious Trustafarian patois.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

DP 33 is one of my top DPs - and actually, I think I recall polls where it is tops for folks, and it sold out more quickly than othrers (hence, I respectfully disagree that it is underrated). I think it is rated very highly, and rightly so. I seldom see DP22 (1968) in "best DP" polls so I'll put that in as my candidate for most underrated. Very electric, lightning hard-edged. My favorite Good Morning..Schoolgirl. Deep Feedback. Raw (but tight). Funny story about DP33: A couple of years ago, it was sold out, I was quite bummed. Looked all over for a copy that was not equivalent to buying a small kayak. No luck. Then I happened to see it was available at Deadnet, jumped on it. It was shipped to me. Next day, it was sold out again. Who knows what else they'll find in the nooks and crannies of some warehouse? (Remember when they announced "finding" so many copies of the So Many Roads Box that they put it back up for sale for a year or two?)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Bolo, that is a rather interesting new avatar you have there...
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I love your new pic. But I dislike it at the same time. Just kidding, it's all in good fun, I'm sure most will find out at Night at the Movieson the 17th. I'm headed to the beach and will try to keep up and check Thursday night. East coast should know before west coast due to movie times. Daves 11 ,, UJB could be encore ?? Or maybe it was to settle some nerves. Just listened to a few cuts from 3-14, very nice. Since many are requesting downloads from previous sell-outs, I would love to hear/ be able to purchase downloads of the bonus discs Rhino was part of (Starting with Egypt RTC, RT's + others.) For a while I missed out on all normal releases and had to play catch up over the last 3-4 years. Between the time of 2004-2010 I was MIA. I know rhino took over during the half point in that time. So maybe there's a few bonus discs they could make a box or download out of ?? Just a little feedback.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Friend of the Devil was another song on my wish list from late in the Brent era.
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

wow, that's pretty harsh dude, ain't no time to hate. Thanks to bolo for the peace pipe, now let's all smoke it up and get back to the music. Pulled the trigger on the single release of the Branford show, 24 track, whoopie! I once got in a heated argument with a dude on this site, he did not like my opinion and started calling me names and even went as far as insult my family. Guy is not on this site anymore. What's wrong with a little peace, love and happiness? "tour rodents" now that's funny. "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend with my life your right to say it."
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

laughing really hard at your video bit. Well done!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Now I'm gonna say:10,17,19,21,22,24... Ok Maybe not under-rated.... but fwiw, for all the DP series I find people, these are the ones most people DON'T pick.... aside from #17, which I think is just "ok", these are all great shows so I'm not sure why they are overlooked.... if anyone wants one of them let me know. ;-)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 11 months

...except for all the wars. Anyway, pre-ordered 3/29/90 (my 35th B'day show!). Also picked up the Denver '73 RT and DP 22 to keep ALL the keyboarderists happy.
product sku