• 1,069 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    18,000 happy Dead Heads could not be wrong. Deer Creek, my how you deliver.

We're closing the books on DAVE'S PICKS 2021 with not one but two - nearly - complete shows from Noblesville, IN 7/18/90 & 7/19/90. Yes, we've packed it all on four CDs, save for that second night encore which we promise you'll get to hear in the very near future. Sometimes there really is just too much good stuff.

For now, we'll invite you to cozy up with two exceptional back-to-back shows, shows with precision and clarity, shows with more than a lion's share of exploratory jams, and most importantly, shows that were simply a damn good time for all. Highlights from night one include the bookends of a spectacular "Help>Slip!>Franklin's" and an epically intricate "Morning Dew" followed by a classic cover of "The Weight." Night two, is the sleeper hit, with flawless playing from start to finish, the set list inviting you to find new favorites in top-notch renditions of "Foolish Heart" or "Victim Or The Crime," and if that's not one of the finest versions of "Desolation Row" Bobby ever did do! We would be remiss if we didn't mention that these shows were among Brent's last and they are some of his finest of the era at that.

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL. 40: DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER, NOBLESVILLE, IN 7/18 & 19/90 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Oroborous

: )

• Vguy72

• proudfoot

Jim is right

PRIMAL GD, please.

• JimInMD

Agree. We are long overdue for pre-70's GD.

In addition to us.. the tapes are not getting any younger either. Remember that Universal Music Group fire a decade or so ago when all those master tapes went up in flames?

Release some primal dead Lemieux...

• dmcvt

no coincidence, must be synchronicity... had a Viola Lee Blues day yesterday, best up against each other... great examples of early jam, vocals, tempo, you name it. Raw, primal, enough to convince me, this is why we might not see release of much more 60s material, younger generations can't handle it. OK, would accept a 9-10 disc 60s box set sorted by early venues with photos, short history of these early treasures. Start with anything remaining from the Acid Tests. What the heck, River box had warts, we can take a few warts. Never be another '60s DaP. Please release from the vault what you have before we old folks (maybe the best audience and customers), literally become Grateful Deaf or Dead. Road Trips 2.2 complete has two VLB, the bonus disc version at 22:46 opens such a great run of era music... Dead heat with TTATS 1967 Shrine VLB... further research advised.

• JimInMD

Sacred ground. The Mount Rainier of Primal Dead Shows.

• Sixtus_

Indeed, 2/14/68 is the show from which they pull that foray into 'There is Mountain' from the raging Alligator that ends up spliced together on Anthem of the Sun. As we know this full show was a road trips release, which incidentally was recently re-released on CD last year and I picked up a copy just so I had an extra. It's all that good.

Sixtus

• proudfoot

First there is a mountain

• icecrmcnkd

Watched the DVD this past weekend and they say what live shows were used for Anthem.
    I don’t remember what shows they were by this point, so you will have to watch for yourself.

• dmcvt

It's up for scrutiny, Dave's seaside starting with ADD observations, eagles and crows off camera... and no, I don't mind, I love birds too. Baltimore CC is special, my first live Dead, spring 1973 (Wolfman) with photos, since I carried a camera in. Saw Jimi there, Jefferson Airplane too while still in high school. High hopes for this one, all signs point to great sound because of excellent source material and possible top five o.a.t. versions of a couple favorites (NFA). Been avoiding 1977, cause yeah, so much greatness is already out there... right now, no one has posted any comments yet... who's on first? This one should sell out quickly. And here's your missing #40 DC US Blues.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

18,000 happy Dead Heads could not be wrong. Deer Creek, my how you deliver.

We're closing the books on DAVE'S PICKS 2021 with not one but two - nearly - complete shows from Noblesville, IN 7/18/90 & 7/19/90. Yes, we've packed it all on four CDs, save for that second night encore which we promise you'll get to hear in the very near future. Sometimes there really is just too much good stuff.

For now, we'll invite you to cozy up with two exceptional back-to-back shows, shows with precision and clarity, shows with more than a lion's share of exploratory jams, and most importantly, shows that were simply a damn good time for all. Highlights from night one include the bookends of a spectacular "Help>Slip!>Franklin's" and an epically intricate "Morning Dew" followed by a classic cover of "The Weight." Night two, is the sleeper hit, with flawless playing from start to finish, the set list inviting you to find new favorites in top-notch renditions of "Foolish Heart" or "Victim Or The Crime," and if that's not one of the finest versions of "Desolation Row" Bobby ever did do! We would be remiss if we didn't mention that these shows were among Brent's last and they are some of his finest of the era at that.

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL. 40: DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER, NOBLESVILLE, IN 7/18 & 19/90 was recorded by Dan Healy and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

On the back of my car I have a bunch of stickers (my eccentricity)

One oval "GD"
One "Evergreen" in psychedelic lettering and shape of Washington state
Others...Among them are three DB variations on the Alladin Sane theme

....also, isn't today the anniversary of Lemmy's passing on? Might have been yesterday, but I know I'm close. Did Madden and Kilminster move on on the same date?
Quick Google search confirms. Lemmy and Madden both passed on 12.28.
Boooo on 12.28.
Phish also musical costumed Bowie's Ziggy Stardust on Halloween a few years ago. Funny that. They also have a phan phavorite song called David Bowie.
I have stickers on the back of my car too. Sometimes I get honked at!
Music is indeed, the bestest. As is serendipity.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

I love Phish, and have for 25 years at least. It is kind of weird talking about them on this site. It's kind of like being at an AA meeting and talking NA. People give you the skunk eye sometimes. I've seen them 63 times going back to 1997, and I say it's ok to love the Dead and Phish. But of course, you don't HAVE to. It's your choice!!
Want to take an opportunity to thank everyone on this site for your insight, knowledge, jokes and arguments(at least the ones that are conducted with a spirit of fair mindedness).
And to wish all a safe, Happy New Year!!

Bring on 2022-this is where 1977 & 1974 await us, plus at least 2(3,4,5??) more.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

I would say yes to liking and seeing the good in as many bands and types of music as possible. Phish have passed me by, but that obviously doesn't discredit them in the slightest - and good for you seeing them 63 times.

I know I am always recommending non Dead cds on here - but the one that is keeping me awake at night this Christmas is the "I Think I'm Going Weird" box - 5cds of British psych from 1966-1968. I've got loads of compilations like this, from this timespan - but this might just be the best. Excellent sound quality and some really weird and wonderful records. And I have still only played the 1st cd - maybe go one a week to let it all seep in to my brain.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

GD dominates my music listening

Phish appears on occasion

I have Hampton Comes Alive and A Live One

Plus at least one on cassette

Phish is fine

Attended: 1991 Seattle in tiny venue, 1992 Seattle in tiny venue, 1993 Bellingham WA at Mount Baker Theatreer,
1994 Olympia WA

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Caught Phish 98 and 99 at The Gorge, loved them ever since. Although they had some rough years, they are really, really good again. Ironically, my daughter decided to attend UVM, 3K miles from home :( But....Burlington is AH-MAZING. And what little I've seen of VT is also spectacular. Made a pligrbmige to Nectar's when we dropped her off in August, also a super cool place if you are out that way be sure to stop in.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by itsburnsy

....I saw the Dead exactly 60 times since 1986. I've seen Phish 49 times since 1994 (does the free show tomorrow count as 50? I say yes).
AA vs NA. I love it.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Vguy72

The Phish universe is one for me to explore more in-depthly.

I gotta try to find that show on cassette, if it survived the move to my current abode in Feb '16

Thank you for the nudge, Vguy

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

The Good Ol' Grateful Podcast " Infrared Roses" has an interesting cast this week about drums and space, how it evolved, and the introduction of midi in the late 80's and early 90's.

Love it

Infrared Roses
Dig it

Youtube love it

I found the 96 Phish show that I used to have on cassette

Youtube makes a lot of old stuff available again

Such as McDonald and Giles

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by proudfoot

....what date is that '96 Phish show you speak of?
Edit. Just saw on the news about massive wildfires in the Denver area fanned by 100 wind gusts (!!). I know some regulars here live there. Be safe out there.
Oh. And no snow here. Darn.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Vguy72

My wife was pregs with twins

Didnt attend show but shoulda

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by proudfoot

So...late December '92 I was driving for a band...plan was I was to drive from Los Angeles to Mateel CA (south of Eureka)...I picked the band up at the Eureka Airport and drove 'em back down to Mateel...the next day (and this is why I hate booking agencies sometimes) we drove back down to Santa Cruz for a Catalyst show, then the next morning I dropped everyone off at the San Jose Airport so they could fly to Portland for the next gig...sheesh...so after dropping them we (Drum Tech & I) started to head up in the van to Portland on I-5...It starts snowing around Red Bluff...as we hit the Shasta area the snow is coming down like crazy...traffic was stopped and forced to get off of the Interstate at small town called Dunsmuir...only vehicles with chains were to be allowed to continue...we find an auto parts shop with about ten minutes to spare before they close and get the chains...we go back to the van and after a few attempts at putting the chains on, we realize they are the wrong size and the shop is closed and we're stuck till at least the next day...we find a motel with a room still available and figure we'll spend the night and still make it to Portland for the New Year's Eve show...we go to get some breakfast at this little cafe and realize the power is out...our motel had a generator back up so we had no idea of this...we get a cold breakfast and then find out I-5 is closed and may be closed all day...the drum tech gets on a pay phone (!!!) and leaves a message for the road manager at the hotel we were headed for...we then proceeded to get some food at a small market and a 12 pack...to make a long story a bit shorter we were stuck there until New Year's Day...Happy Anniversary to me...

user picture

Member for

2 years 5 months

Nappy, I've seen some great players in the Catalyst, Gatemouth Brown, James Cotton, Albert Collins,Luther Tucker and Kim Wilson. I used to go trout fishing in the Sacramento River back in the 1960s around the town of Dunsmuir, it's a real nice place.

....I also spent a new years driving.
Long story long, I lived in Elko, NV for three years starting on Thanksgiving 1995. Jerry passed recently, was going through a divorce (Too young), and wanted a change, and had a job opportunity.
Brought who I thought was a friend with me. He was dating the sister of my ex.
Was a good escape at the time, then I trusted this dude with the keys to my truck one day, because he was driving to town for a job opportunity. I might have been snowblinded because he had cocaine connections.
He said, "I'll leave the keys to your truck under the mat because you have a spare set. It will be in in the parking lot of the Red Lion."
Cool I said. Then I woke up that day and found some of my stuff missing. Roommate drove me to the parking lot where I assumed my truck would be.
Turns out, he stole from me and my roommate and high tailed it in my truck to Texas to apparently sell my ride over the border.
State Farm said there was 30 days before we can write you a check to cover your loss if my vehicle wasn't recovered. On day 28, they called me and said they found my truck just north of El Paso, and that I had to go get it. State Farm paid for all expenses as I flew to Texas to recover it and drive it all the way back to northern Nevada. Radio was gone. And back then, there wasn't streaming shit. 38 hours later, after fighting a hard pull to the left because "my friend" apparently went off roading, I made it back to Elko and traded it in.
I spent New Years 1995 driving my now beat up rig home.
His name is Marc Peters. Fuck that guy. If any of you know an asshole by that name, let me know.
But it wasn't all bad. I met my wife in Elko. 23 year anniversary is coming up in September.
Spinning Portland 5.19.74 from the NW Box now.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

50 years ago today.....

December 31, 1971
Winterland, San Francisco, California

Set 1: Dancin' In The Streets-Mr. Charlie-Brown-Eyed Women-Beat It On Down The Line-You Win Again-Jack Straw-Sugaree-El Paso-Chinatown Shuffle-Tennessee Jed-Mexicali Blues-China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider-Next Time You See Me-Playing In The Band-Loser-One More Saturday Night

Set 2: Truckin'>drums>The Other One>Me And My Uncle>The Other One-jam>Black Peter-Big River-The Same Thing-Ramble On Rose-Sugar Magnolia-Not Fade Away>Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad>Not Fade Away

Encore: Casey Jones

This is deadicated to Scott Wiseman………

Ah, shut the f*ck up for a minute. What happened to the FCC…………..?

For years the Lanum FM was the only commonly circulating copy of this show, until Charlie Miller released his fine FM and SBD remasters in 2018. Both are recommended. And while this may not be a “classic show”, it is, like many Dead New Year’s shows, a “fun show”, and it does have its moments, especially the Dancin’ opener and the fine second set. A great way to end a great year of Grateful Dead music. But was it really the end of 1971………………?

The world in which we were called to exist was an absurd world, and there was no other in which we could take refuge…….

Rock on!!

Doc
That, for me, is the only real legacy: the idea that one has left a lingering trace in people's memories…..

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

I used to play a lot of online poker when Party Poker reigned supreme. Not a gambler by nature, but Texas Hold 'Em was all the rage. There was a guy there who lost all the time, and not so ironically, he named his avatar "ThisIsTheYear". I always think of this guy when it comes to New Year's; this is the year. Maybe to make a resolution and stick to it? Maybe to listen to more '68 Dead? Maybe shit will get back to normal?

I haven't listened to 12/31/71, except for the short Jam and Black Peter that appear on The Closing of Winterland bonus disc. Glad to hear there's a Charlie Miller out there. Will be grabbing that one soon.

Listening to New Potato Caboose on Two From the Vault. Probably my favorite version. We're pretty blessed to have great sounding multi-tracks from this era. I've recently put on Road Trips '68 and 30 Trips '68. I can just imagine attending those shows with a good buzz.

Happy New Year you guys.

Happy New Year MaryE. Thank you for the too-shelf support. You and Dr. Rhino are exceptional folks.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Ran the gauntlet, 1971 almost completed. Will listen to 12/31/71 and follow it up with 12/31/81. The five new year’s shows in December 1981 were my first full run for any New Years Eve. Not sure how I managed to drive out of Oakland in the pre-dawn hours of January 1, 1982 but I sure enough did. Turbo rode shotgun and we did a tour of North Beach, Golden Gate Bridge, Half Moon Bay and dropped him off at the airport mid-morning. Then drove the “Death Star” 73 Pontiac Catalina to Los Altos to meet up with friends to caravan to Ripplewood Cabins in Big Sur. Slept really good that night. I Do Not recommend that kind of activity .
So later today 12/31/71 and follow it up with 12/31/81. Never in my wildest dreams 40 years ago did I think that would I be listening to these two Dead shows on their 40th and 50th anniversaries.
Other New Years attended; 12/31/75 Jerry Garcia & Nicky Hopkins at Keystone Berkeley , 12/31/84, 12/31/86, 12/31/88, 12/31/89, 12/31/90. Can add in 12/29 & 30/77 Winterland.
But my friend of 50 years Jay Kerley went to every New Year’s Eve from December 1977 until the final NYE 1991. Jay was also at Keystone Berkeley December 31, 1975.
The relentless unfolding of time. Will go for a hike on the desert this morning. Live life to the fullest dear readers. Happy New Years.

user picture

Member for

2 years 5 months

I remember watching the Grateful Dead on 12/31/70 on T.V. with my brother, the show was broadcast on KQED channel 9. I wonder if KQED still has a copy of the show? My brother would go to his first New Years Eve show next year,12/31/71, and every New Years show after that. I went to quite a few New Years Eve shows, but eventually I just stayed home and taped them off the radio. My favorite New Years Eve show that I attended was 12/31/77. Happy New year's to everybody here on the forum, I hope everybody has a fantastic, happy and healthy year.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Wow today is the 50th Anniversary of my first Dead show! New Year's Eve 1971 at Winterland. I went with my best friend Dan and his older brother Dave. We were really up close, and Pigpen at one point lurched to the front of the stage offering a bottle of champagne to the crowd, and slapped it into my hand! I still have the bottle, it sits on top of my Dead box set bookcase. I went to every Bay Area Grateful Dead New Year's show after that. It was an incredible ritual, which grew in size, until the last few NYE's I was surrounded on the floor with 20 friends, and at midnight we were drinking champagne that Randy had smuggled in. What fun!

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

To put a twist on the ‘last 5’ that we tend to do(and I quite enjoy), I thought I would put down my first 5(epiphanies that is). So 5 magic moments from 2022:

1-When The Levee Breaks(UK Mix)-Led Zep
2-Snowman(Master 2)-Tintern Abbey
3-Fly Trouble-Hank Williams
4-Morning Dew(4/15/78)
5-Najour-David Ornette Cherry(Thanks Mojo!!)

That’s right, I’ve dedicated my early “1st day”
to music listening. Each of these 5 songs made my ears prick up, and the proverbial “hair stand up” That Dew……Magic!!”

Happy Néw Year to all

Music is the Best!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Your Golden anniversary! The golden road to devotion.
Many happy returns.
Happy New Year to all. Gotta get better, right?
Pulled 12-31-76 last night but fell asleep.
Can't party like I used to.
Cheers

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

In reply to by 1stshow70878

Golden anniversary, I didn't even think of that! We watched the Phish show, then Ticket to New Years video (12/31/87) then pumped it up at New Years with Sugur Mag>Scarlet>Fire from the closing of winterland video. Woo hoo, gotta be a better year than the last one! Best wishes in the new year to all on this forum.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

50 years ago today.....

January 2, 1972
Winterland, San Francisco, California

Set 1: Truckin'-Sugaree-Mr. Charlie-Beat it on Down the Line-Loser-Jack Straw-Chinatown Shuffle-Tennessee Jed-El Paso-You Win Again-Big Railroad Blues-Mexicali Blues-Playing in the Band-Next Time You See Me-Brown Eyed Women-Casey Jones

Set 2: Good Lovin'>China Cat Sunflower>Good Lovin'-Ramble On Rose-Sugar Magnolia-Not Fade Away>Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad>Not Fade Away

Encore: One More Saturday Night

Deadicated to Charlie Knutson, because was there ever in anyone's life span a point free in time, devoid of memory, a night when choice was any more than the sum of all the choices gone before?

OK, calenderically speaking 1972, but very much “of a kind” with the December 1971 shows.

Let’s clear up a couple of things. First, in the first set, there’s no “Leave Your Love At Home” between Chinatown Shuffle and Tennessee Jed. Second, in the second set, there’s no Know You Rider following China Cat, the band definitely goes back into Good Lovin.

Though not quite as intense as December, it does have a decent dose of Pigpen, and the rare, possibly unique Good Lovin’/China Cat Sunflower/Good Lovin’ sequence. Another rarity----in the first set, two consecutive Garcia songs followed by two consecutive Weir songs. The show is generally well played, but opinions of it seem divided. Many absolutely love it, while others find it lacking because there’s no “big jams”. Decide for yourself, there is a Miller remaster and it definitely worth having…..

Questioning the origin of music is like asking why the breeze is soothing, why you shiver in exhilaration when the spray from the waterfall hits you….

Rock on!!

Doc
Music is my therapy and my straitjacket......

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

Picking 5 tracks out of all the music I have listened to so far in 2022 isnt so easy. But these all hit the mark -

Race With The Devil - Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps
Vernal Equinox - Can Live in Brighton 11/19/75
Master Builder - Gong Live at Longlaville 10/27/74
Tell Me What You See In Me - Strawbs
Charles Brown - Sweet Feeling

Paris 10/27/90 never ceases to amaze either - maybe add China Cat-Rider from that one. Or space. Or Stella Blue - that jam leading out of it.

user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

Kudos to our resident Doc for his amazing posts over the last year.

I always looked forward to the "review of the day"- as many have commented, it provided a great spark to revisit so many awesome shows that had slipped off my radar.

I sure hope the good Doc sticks around these parts as well.

Now, what's next? Wouldn't it be awesome if KeithFan would post chapters from his E72 dissertation starting in April?

The standout for sure is GL > China Cat > GL

5 most recent GD
7 7 78
11 3 65
Vintage Dead/Historic Dead
9 7 73 bonus disc
10 17 78

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by proudfoot

McDonald and Giles
Moody Blues To Our CCC
MB Every GBDF
Melvins the Maggot
MOI Freak Out!

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Last five Dead:

4/16/72 (Aarhus is one of my favorite E72 shows)
5/3/72 (yum yum yummy!)
12/31/71 (of course!)
11/14/71 (why not?)
2/13/70 late show (needs no explanation)

Plus little bits of The Doors, Steely Dan, very early Stones, and Commander Cody...................

So you see, it's not always about 1971 all the time................

Rock on rockers!

Doc
Someone who knows only music, understands nothing about it......

....we don't want you to go.
Last Five.
Steely Dan - Aja
Steely Dan - Katy Lied
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
GOGD - AOXOMOXOA
Phish - New Years 2021.
That Phish show was......interesting. They busted out Syd Barrett's Baby Lemonade for the second time. Phirst was 3.11.92. Also busted out Time Turns Elastic for the phirst time in eleven years.
Edit. The Doc doing the Dan. Hell yeah.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Hey there rock and rollers!!

My college roommate, Michael Robinson, introduced us to both Steely Dan and Little Feat. An unusual pairing, for sure...........

Saw LIttle Feat several times before Lowell George died, after that it was never quite the same. Never saw the Dan, to me they seemed to be more of a concept than a band, although they were "the great American weird band". To me, their early studios albums still sound very fresh...........

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow......

Rock on!

Doc
The world that we used to know
People tell me it don't turn no more
The places we used to go
Familiar faces that ain't smiling like before
The time of our time has come and gone
I fear we've been waiting too long

Steely Dan, my second favorite band. Was able to catch them live several times after 1995. First time was actually at Alpine Valley in I believe 1996. Went with my Dead touring buddy and we finally made into the Pavilion. Of course a completely different scene than our last Dead show there in 89. Fagen , Becker and crew put out a great show that night. I remember standing up to dance when they started playing and people looking at us like who the hell are these guys.
Last show was in Minneapolis in 2009.
Alive in America is worth checking out if you like Steely, I believe their only live album.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Yo!! Rockers!!!

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer…..

Dear friends, my work here is done. Mission accomplished. I have carried the torch of 1971 live Dead for a long time, and will continue to do so. But now it will be in the background, lurking, watching, and continuing to listen. In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion. It is normal to give away a little of one's life in order not to lose it all. Perhaps a return to normalcy. Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal…..

I made it through the 50th anniversary year relatively unscathed. This really isn’t the best forum for detailed analyses of every show, but every show did get its due. To all, enjoy the wonderful music that the Dead left us that year………….

I’ve tried to acknowledge everybody I encountered during my long strange trip here. If I left you out, sincere apologies and no offense intended….

I will continue to be a resource for all those interested in the music of the Grateful Dead in 1971. Or any other year. Or any other band, because, after all, no one can live on Grateful Dead alone. Believe me, I’ve tried! No limits, no restrictions, no questions asked. I’m just a pm away. Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present. Your successes and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them.

There is a life and there is a death, and there are beauty and melancholy between. Thinking is learning all over again how to see, directing one's consciousness, making of every image a privileged place.

I look forward to lurker mode. For anybody who needs or wants some light reading material about 1971 Dead shows, you know where to find me…….

Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking toward me, without hurrying…..

Rock on!!!

Doc
This man is freed from servile bands,
Of hope to rise, or fear to fall,
Lord of himself, though not of lands,
And leaving nothing, yet hath all.

A sincere thank you. I have enjoyed your comments and really like where and how you steered us to a closer inspection of all things 1971. Sending positive thoughts your way and wishing you a bright, happy and healthy future.

Love The Dan. Google Donald Fagen Grateful Dead sometime, he has generally good comments about his experiences with the GD. The Dukes of September and the Nightfliers covered Shakedown Street several times.. they took an opposite approach to their music but there is a lot of commonality.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Bravissimo on you. Gonna miss your '71 insights, and the way you shared them. Enjoy your sabbatical. Onward.

In the immortal words of another role model for all humanity, Eric Cartman

Screw you guys.. I'm going home

Now where were we? Either we need a new release or we need to get our torches and pitchforks and storm the vault, who's with me?

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-vol-40.html