• 3,418 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    "We left with our minds sufficiently blown and still peaking..."

We're headed back to that peak with the newly returned tapes from Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, 11/6/77. The Grateful Dead's last touring show of 1977 finds them going for broke, taking chances on fan favorites like "Jack Straw," "Friend Of The Devil," and "The Music Never Stopped," carving out righteous grooves on a one-of-kind "Scarlet>Fire" and a tremendous "Truckin'." An ultra high energy show, with a first set that rivals the second? Not unheard of, but definitely rare. Hear for yourself...

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 25 features liner notes by Rob Bleetstein, photos by Bob Minkin, and original art by our 2018 Dave's Picks Artist-In-Residence Tim McDonagh. As always, it has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and it is limited to 18,000 individually numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Get one before they are gone, gone, gone.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Diggey
    Default Avatar

If anyone is looking for this or any of this year's Dave's Picks, shoot me a PM. $25 plus shipping. The bonus disk is an additional $25.

• Kate_C.
    Phish tix in the po'box this p.m.; unlike Lockn where I at least feign roughing it in rolling 4 **** accommodations, I've decided my Outback and bricknmortar lodgings will do just fine on what should be an adventurous run from Hampton to Vegas between 10/19 and Halloween Night in Sin City. I'm only taking one show in Rosemont to facilitate a leisurely slog west, to include a one-night cabin rental in Grand Teton before spending another night in SLC (never visited either!). Near-universal wifi and a mobile workstation have revolutionized my quality of life more than quilted toilet paper, hot water heaters, and Trader Joe's Cookie Butter (though none are indispensable at this point). I've got trail running routes mapped along the way in addition to having identified a couple Y's where I can day pass into lap swimming. Happy.
  • Kate_C.
    ...she's what's yer life's been missing. Caution: the related video library is quite nearly addictive as the ETOH in Billy's 64 oz., genetically attached megathermos.
  • Kate_C.
    Technology fosters a certain audiologic pedantry that discounts the practical difficulties of archival transfers. Still, while a bit of the 2-track blues is understandable, Plangent alchemy has affected significant sonic upgrades to existing sources. Portland 74 is a well-known quantity to most, but the Truckin' Jam is a luminescent passage that defies contempt for even acute familiarity. While my favourite GDTRFBs tend to grind like roughly upshifted semi gears in transition from the preceding track, this strong rendition ascends from NFA with deliberate fluidity; also, Keith's bubbly, assertive, sometimes catalystic play makes many first-set standards remarkable. The daughter of the woman who cleans house for me**, age 10, was so entranced by the PNW outer & small wood boxes - suggesting it would make for good jewelry storage - that I gifted it immediately; heck, I was only going to shelve it for the next 50 years (according to actuarial tables), but it's become the center of focus for child - if only for a short bit - who exhibits more enthusiasm than I'll ever muster after unboxing. Still, it's easily the most aesthetically pleasing musical release from top-to-bottom that I've ever seen. Couple disks heading back, but that's been par for the course since the beginning, and I've never had a problem with speedy replacement. **This really isn't saying much in-and-of-itself: in Appalachia, if you've got something then it's implied that you will try to help others, and the most dignified way to do is offering work that you might otherwise undertake yourself. You'd be surprised the difference even a little makes here at altitude. :)
  • Kate_C.
    Rather wondering when someone was going to mention it; I thought it was just ephemera that bore some metaphysical correlation to page 5 of the accompanying text.
  • Kate_C.
    While it's not surprising that tix to the P&F Headcount Benefit Friday at the Apollo tumbled down several echelons of the firm's socioeconomic caste without claim, I still consider their availability a great fortune. Having never visited, attending any performance at that historically significant venue for the (my) first time would have been cause for a bucketlist deduction, but this was clearly special. Though tired, I returned home to discover that 2018's stellar - and costly - box set run would continue with the wish-list-topping (now that Szell is out) release of BOTT material for Dylan's 14th Bootleg installment. Because the amazon.uk page appears to address a Japanese import edition, I shouldn't imagine that the price quoted for this (purportedly) 6-disc release will be as exorbitant for the conventional Euro & US versions./K https://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Blood-Tracks-Bob-Dylan/dp/B07GVXL5DQ/ref=… Shout out to the old Eleven - I miss you guys! :)
  • Born Cross Eye…
    It was lost in the United States Postal Service system.Much frustration with the delay, now turned to joy. The only date I think I see on the label is in the lower section under the 2nd bar code and above the description, which reads: 01/2018. There is also the 3rd of 4 bar codes on the label in that box.
  • boki
    Default Avatar
    'Cats under the stars' & 'The Wheel' mirror
    At first, thanks to all who have been visited my mirrors, mostly XL 'Cats under the stars' mirror listed in cat shop. The mirror is ready for shipping worldwide, you can find it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/595957100/cats-under-the-stars-mirror-jerr… I'm working currently on another mirror dedicated to Jerry. It's 'The Wheel' mirror, with the lyrics applied on the back side of the mirror. Hasn't been listed yet, but for Jerrys's birthday I listed psychedelic Jerry's hand made as a wall mirror: https://www.etsy.com/listing/632494283/psychedelic-jerry-garcia-hand-de…
  • wilfredtjones
    BCE got it off of Amazon from recently discovered overstock...
  • icecrmcnkd
    Is that a replacement, or was it ‘lost in the mail’?If replacement, does it have a number?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 7 months

"We left with our minds sufficiently blown and still peaking..."

We're headed back to that peak with the newly returned tapes from Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, Binghamton, 11/6/77. The Grateful Dead's last touring show of 1977 finds them going for broke, taking chances on fan favorites like "Jack Straw," "Friend Of The Devil," and "The Music Never Stopped," carving out righteous grooves on a one-of-kind "Scarlet>Fire" and a tremendous "Truckin'." An ultra high energy show, with a first set that rivals the second? Not unheard of, but definitely rare. Hear for yourself...

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 25 features liner notes by Rob Bleetstein, photos by Bob Minkin, and original art by our 2018 Dave's Picks Artist-In-Residence Tim McDonagh. As always, it has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and it is limited to 18,000 individually numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Get one before they are gone, gone, gone.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Nice catch.. One doesn't run across many that have the breadth of musical memory as you. Give My Regards to Broadway and Daisy..?? It's unbelievable you picked that up and amazing Garcia (and the boys) even went there. I guess hats off to them too. The fact that could pull this out of your hat is amazing.. and the obscure nuggets you toss our way from time to time is a real treat as well. Also, David.. you have been leading the charge on Today in GD History for some time. I don't know where you are pulling your show reviews from or if you write them yourself, but they are a treat to read and well done. Thanks for giving us some morning, afternoon and evening shows to sink our brains into. What better way to start the day with a new show of the day. An honorable mention and shoutout goes to fourwinds. Onward folks.. so much time, so little to do. Wait, scratch that.. opposite.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Pilot's report a close encounter with 'UFO' over Arizona. Wonder if they've come looking for that next box announcement.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I read the same story. I just assumed they were making another delivery of missing/returned reels. Ever since we started transmitting Dark Star out into space... they have been delivering these killer missing reels. The aliens really dig The Grateful Dead. Perhaps that's why they are late with the announcement.. the reels were delayed in transit. Now where were we? Summer 1973 Box Set Pre-Order, shipping September 1st. Dave.. time to press record and give us a spritely jig from atop some floating logs. Be sure to avoid any surly sea lions and pesky, carnivorous seagulls while your at it and set up the mic at the windiest place on the bay. It is time.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

That would have to ship on or about June 1st. It would at the very least have to contain June 10,22; July 1(birthday show I was five)and 27 sound check. haha Edit: If you click on the link for Spectrum 87 you better have your safety belt fastened. haha
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Jim wrote: "I read the same story. I just assumed they were making another delivery of missing/returned reels." Good point Jim. Come to think of it, I think Owsley was an alien (thus almost no photos of him, and the few we have of him... total alien. He always seemed to be in an overcoat... in California???. "He" was actually 2 short aliens on each others shoulders). Aliens somehow knew the Dead's potential and sent Owsley down to fund them, build an amazing sound system, and create the active ingredient (LSD) to push the Dead to the edge of awesomeness. And the missing reels? Yup.... in another galaxy currently. "They" have the 11/29/80 Gainesville SBD, but the joke is on them, because the AUD is even better! When they realize this and come for the Gainesville AUD, maybe we can negotiate for all the missing '69-70 shows, and the 9/6/80 SBD (or whatever that amazing summer '80 show is that's missing). This explains why every show has a segment called "Space" - the aliens demanded it. And Bobby's "Daisy Duke" short-shorts/tank top/pink guitar era? Bobby lost a bet with them and that was the result. Jim, you're a genius. That UFO video really is something.... I don't normally latch onto that stuff, but that video really got my attention. Owsley....
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

>>>>>>And Bobby's "Daisy Duke" short-shorts/tank top/pink guitar era? Bobby lost a bet with them and that was the result. Sorry, gonna have to say you're wrong on that point. Bobby just really liked the outfit! After all, he did have the ass for it!
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Just had to give a shout out to one of my favorites, in 3/29/90. We all know this one with Branford. I'll say that Eyes of the World was among the major cornerstones that totally hooked me when Without a Net came out. Then when the 2 Spring 90 boxes were released I lost my shit. What an awesome show and tour. Also saw those UFO stories today. I had been reading a bit on the Fermi paradox yesterday as well; this is somewhat timely along those lines, yes? The Truth Is Out There Sixtus
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I betcha it ain't happenin' now this week....long holiday wknd starting tomorrow, TPTB have gone home. I like others that are nauseatingly tired of releases from 1969-1978, am holding out hope that early next week we will see the news for the alledgedly rumored GREEK BOX SET 1981-1989...we'll seeeeeee....bring it DAVE!! I just HOPE that they wouldn't have the cojones to say the BOX SET is already out for Spring 2018, and that it's that nauseating repetitive "greatest hits live" that has taken up 75% of the dead.net homepage since February...JEEZ, what's next Skeltons in the CLoset - Deluxe Edition?!?! C'mon guys, get off your azz & give us some new music....We've known DP#26 is a 1971 show since first week of January, hell- i'll guess DP#27 is a 1973 show....
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

I am under the impression that there will be ONLY ONE box set issued this year. I maybe wrong or I maybe right. The announcement may come next week with a late May to late July release window, or later this year with a fall (September thru November) release window. My own current interests in the music are from 1968 thru 1985, with '85 being the stretch-of-interest point. At one time 1975 thru that present date up to the last show was object-of-interest. Then I heard 11/10/67, 6/10/73, 2/27/69 and 4/2/72 and my whole perspective changed. Whatever has been selected for release, I'll appreciate.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 8 months

"like others that are nauseatingly tired of releases from 1969-1978" Who are these queasy people? We sure don't hear from them on these boards. 1968-1978 seems to be the most consistently popular era. "alledgedly rumored GREEK BOX SET 1981-1989" Where are these rumors? You have credible links? Also, isn't it odd to call something allegedly rumored? Either its rumored...or its supposedly....rumored? Also, people posting "Oh I would like a Greek Box" aren't rumors. Wishes for releases are just that...wishes. "just HOPE that they wouldn't have the cojones to say the BOX SET is already out for Spring 2018" It's not. Dave said they are working on a great box set this year. Why are you suggesting this? "nauseating repetitive "greatest hits live"" People sure are nauseous in your home. Can't imagine why. "C'mon guys, get off your azz" ? " hell- i'll guess DP#27 is a 1973 show" Awesome!! An ALLEGEDLY RUMORED 1973 SHOW!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

With all the stuff we know is there ..... this year is the 50th Anniversary of Anthem, which (to me) is still the best album the Dead ever made, so what better time to bring it out.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

3/29/90 is a big one. Still catching up on the 3/28 anniversaries (Dicks Picks 30 almost completed, then Dave's Picks 16). The one show that I find most fun to listen to, of the recent anniversary dates is 3/27/88 Hampton from Download Series Volume 5. Jerry, and pretty much everybody in the band performed this show at the highest level of tightness, energy, inspiration and creativity. A jubilant Aiko kicks off the preceedings followed by a grooving Little Red Rooster. As is inherant of many tapes, the sound at the beginning of the show gets dialed in. By the time the get to Stagger Lee, the matrix mix shifts over to the soundboard recording proper, and man, it sounds phat. What follows a most amazing Stagger Lee is an equally as amazing medley run of songs to close out the rest of the set beginning with a rare Thin Man > awesome Cumberland > into an upbeat MAMU > followed by a rare and pristine To Lay Me down > then set closer of a screaming Let it Grow. The second set is where things really take off. Space > So What > Sugar Mag > awesome Scarlet > awsome Fire > one of the greatest versions of Estimated > a rare slower/funkier version for the era of Eyes (perhaps even better than the Spring '90 versions, including the one with Branford) > Drums (with one of the deepest "beam" sequences ever - headphone ear candy, or scare the neighbors) > Space > (and a highly energetic and inspired series of end of second set rockers) GDTRFB > Miracle > Mr Fantasy > SSDD with a great US Blues encore. I'll even go as far to say that 3/27/88 may be my favorite Grateful Dead recording of all time. Quite possibly Jerry's best post-coma playing and singing, that even exceeds his early '70's peak years on many levels. Sure, it's all a matter of opinion and personal taste, but I have yet to find many other shows that excite me the same way 3/27/88 does. 3/31/88 and 4/1/88 come darn close though. If you're not a fan of the MIDI guitars, but are looking for something to truly blow your hair back, 3/27/88 is the way to go. I don't know if the lossless version of this download is still available, but that really does bring out the subtlties and nuances in ways that the 16 bit can't. Absolutely must have show.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 8 months

Speaking only for myself, I passed the threshold of diminishing returns on GD music product as it exists two years ago, I stopped subscribing. And though I bought the Cornell box and 1-22-78, and though I love music on CD, I prefer unhyped GD. I want to pay for streaming access to what's in the vault.
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

The alleged,supposed, widely guessed, 1973 DaP 27. Or '74. Or '68 - '70. And as for the box set - I think I Bolo's clue was statement enough. Box of Pigpen. So get ready to nauseatize! Bacon bacon bacon. I can bring home the bacon (bare-na-nare) fry it up in a pan (bare-na-nare) I'm talking Piiiig-Pennnnn. Hey dude, would you be nauseated if the Grateful Dead only existed from '69 - '78? Would you be like "they're releasing too much stuff". I'm nauseated by all this new music."
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

And there it was, the announcement of a Summer '73 box set, carved into the half-frozen soil in my backyard, and then a deafening whoooossshhh! and an egg-shaped light disappeared into the distance so fast I could hardly believe it was real. When I looked up again, I saw Dave's face in the cloud over my house and his lips were moving and I could just make out "seventy-three" and "three of the hottest shows ever" and "better pre-order now" and "will sell out quickly"... and fffsssstttt! Then I woke up and clicked on dead.net and others reported a UFO sighting as well. I ran to the back and looked out: just frozen weeds in the yard and no message. Above, just clouds. Sounds? Just the cat, agitating for a treat. Well, hell, the nap did me good anyway.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Regarding anniversaries, I gave the officially released March '72 Academy Of Music recordings an attentive listen. I'm guessing that the show that comprises Dave's Picks Vol. 14 3/26/72 came from returned tapes that were improperly stored. Nice tight performance, though the source tapes have many dropouts and other weird audio anomolies. Maybe it was just a reel or two that suffered the affects. I can't recall if this is one that wasn't in circulation in it's entirety prior to it's release. This run of shows at the Academy Of Music '72 seems like it would have made a great box set if it wasn't for the somewhat degraded quality of the tapes. Personally I have no qualms regarding the release of less-than-perfectly stored tapes. So long as they are listenable, the more the merrier. As for the next box set release, sure, '73 would be fine. Something from the primal Dead era would even be better. Could be something from the '80's or '90's, which wouldn't be all that surprising as somebody among tptb seem to think us fans of the later Dead era's are independantly wealthy. They just put out that '89 RFK box, so probably won't be from the '80's anyways. I do hope that Dave and tptb do start offering more '80's, and hit the '90's soon with the Dave's Picks series though. Waaaaaaay overdue, like by several years now.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Lossless Bootleg Bonanza: Grateful Dead – Newcastle, England (05/24/70)grateful dead - 1970-05-24-Newcastle-Under Grateful Dead 5/24/70 Hollywood Festival, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, England Download: FLAC/MP3 https://themidnightcafe.org/2018/03/27/lossless-bootleg-bonanza-gratefu… This is a flac encoded & tagged version of shnid: 06481 gd70-05-24.sbd.hanno.6481.sbeok.flac16 SBD MR>C>D>CD + AUD MR>C>D>CD patches mastered by H.B., 12/01 thanks to Uli for the AUD source (which is also available complete) The AUD supplies the beginning of the show and the middle part of St. Stephen. Both are missing on the SBD –Setlist– 101-d1t01 – intro 102-d1t02 – Casey Jones 103-d1t03 – China Cat Sunflower -> 104-d1t04 – I Know You Rider 105-d1t05 – Hard to Handle 106-d1t06 – Me & My Uncle 107-d1t07 – Cryptical Envelopment -> 108-d1t08 – Drums -> 109-d1t09 – The Other One -> 110-d1t10 – Cryptical Envelopment -> 111-d1t11 – Attics of My Life 112-d1t12 – Good Lovin’ 113-d1t13 – Cold Rain & Snow 114-d2t01 – Dark Star -> 115-d2t02 – St. Stephen -> 116-d2t03 – Not Fade Away -> 117-d2t04 – Turn on Your Lovelight
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

in the meantime how bout someone post a nice big picture of jerry with lightning bolt?
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

thank you Shirdeep! been listening to the Boston Garden '93 run of late and really wanted to see a pic of that.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Okay, it's 111 days before the 50th anniversary of the Anthem of the Sun release - 7/18/68. Looking at the 10-day weather forecast for Vancouver, BC I see that Monday, April 2nd is predicted to be sunny with light winds all day. https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/ca/vancouver/date/2018-04-02 Perfect for a seaside chat, eh?
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

"The Heat Came 'Round & Busted Me For Smiling On A Cloudy Day." Box-set. Seven Shows On Seven Discs. Grateful Dead - January 20, 1968 Municipal Auditorium - Eureka, CA Grateful Dead - January 22, 1968 Eagles Auditorium - Seattle, WA Grateful Dead - February 2, 1968 Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR Grateful Dead - February 3, 1968 Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR Grateful Dead - March 29, 1968 Carousel Ballroom - San Francisco, CA Grateful Dead - March 30, 1968 Carousel Ballroom - San Francisco, CA Grateful Dead - March 31, 1968 Carousel Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

Who draws the crowd and plays so loud,Baby it's the guitar man. Who's gonna steal the show, you know Baby it's the guitar man, He can make you love, he can make you cry He will bring you down, then he'll get you high Somethin' keeps him goin', miles and miles a day To find another place to play. Night after night who treats you right, Baby it's the guitar man Who's on the radio, you go listen To the guitar man Then he comes to town, and you see his face, And you think you might like to take his place Somethin' keeps him driftin' miles and miles away Searchin' for the songs to play. Then you listen to the music and you like to sing along, You want to get the meaning out of each and ev'ry song Then you find yourself a message and some words to call your own And take them home.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I will add to the Anthem hype. My favorite GD studio attempt.. and my favorite psychedelic studio album, although there's a few others I like too. I like Hunters description on his interview of the documentary Anthem to Beauty, "It was a daring record." I'm quite stoked to see what they do for us to celebrate the event. As far as albums go, Anthem = worthy.
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Good man David, this show features a Tighten Up, around 14 minutes into Dark Star (and it's during the SB portion).
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

CAPTURING THE SOUND OF THICK AIR In 1967, during the recording of Anthem of the Sun, the Grateful Dead captured ambient recordings of silence in both the desert and the city. During this time of great studio experimentation, where Jerry Garcia said "mix it for hallucinations", they mixed these ambient recordings into the loosely structured songs of the album. The band burned through engineers and got the plug pulled on them when Bob Weir asked the engineer to record silence to get the illusion of thick air. ​ Hence my studio was born. The spirit of trying the non-traditional route and flexibility is key to our approach. https://www.heavyairstudios.com
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

No nose?How does he sniff out new Box Set announcements? He doesn’t. Because there are no new Box Set announcements.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

that song always makes me think of Jerry, too.
user picture

Member for

13 years 3 months

We all need a little BREAD....Didn't they sing TRUCKIN Ha Ha of course they did!! Truckin' down the highway get outta of my way always in a hurry always in between that's where you can find me Truckin down the highway sittin in the cab of a ten ton machine.... CLASSIC...good ol David Gates
user picture

Member for

8 years

...The Betty Boards are now integral to the ongoing plans for the catalog. "It's not just that we have 80 shows in the vault that we didn't have before," says Lemieux. "It's also 80 of the best shows the Dead ever did. It gives us a little more variety that we can release at a bigger quality.":)
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

I recommend buying Procter and Gamble stock. They make Pepto-Bismol. Lots of nausea forthcoming, apparently.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

Please! Before the world erupts into chaos, and I have to bury it in a secret location only to be dug up and enjoyed by future generations after I'm long gone...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

Facebook's app 'On this day' reminded me today of my first etsy sale ever, 5 years ago!I've been making decorative mirrors since last millenium, 1999. but I'm on etsy since August 2012. It was hippy chick mirror, with long blue hair and peace sign necklace, went to New York. Few days ago I had 66 th. sale (a very special number for me, it's my birthday, 6.6.). I'm a bit obsessed with numbers, so, I'm celebrating these numbers :-) 2 years ago I opened second shop, dedicated to cats. I'm still teenager there, only 17 sales, because of this I created coupon for 50 % lower prices on all of 106 cat related items, no minimum purchase, just type 5YEARS before checking, coupon is valid until April 5th. The shop is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/UniqueCatMirrors?ref=seller-platform-mcnav Another hippy chick mirror was made, alternatively listed as a 'Crazy Cat Lady', and comes with a gratis cat toy made from peacock's feather, covered with hemp rope: https://www.etsy.com/listing/560120793/crazy-cat-lady-decorative-wall-m…
user picture

Member for

8 years

... I would recommend everyone who can afford or to be so lucky enough to try the ‘Bird Nest’ soup. ;)
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Hey Boki, are you still out there, I have a question about the advertisement you took out here on the dead.net message boards. Hey Bolo, there is most certainly not lots of nausea, just one or two sick people.
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Yes, yes and YES. Right On bob t. I scored a nice crispy SBD copy of this a few weeks ago from a high quality Head here and I have to say the upgrade from the aud I had is phenomenal. While the highlight is clearly the Eyes > Happiness, the entire show is awesome IMHO and slaps me silly right in my seventy-sixtus keester every time. In fact you have moved me to put on that first set Scarlet now and take a ride through til the end. Happy Friday Deadfreaks. Sixtus P.S. The Latest 'Sixtus Picks' has been compiled. One might be able to ascertain where my head has been as of late: 1. Dark Star > 1971.10.24 – Detroit, MI 2. The Other One > MLB Jam > 1973.11.20 – Denver, CO 3. Dark Star jam > 1971.11.15 – Austin, TX 4. Playin’ in the Band jam > 1973.11.21 – Denver, CO 5. Not Fade Away > 1971.11.15 – Austin, TX 6. Jam > 1971.11.15 – Austin, TX 7. Goin’ Down the Road > 1971.11.15 – Austin, TX 8. Not Fade Away 1971.11.15 – Austin, TX
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Have had this song on my mind all day today, sans words. I guess my mind is set on 'Reply.' Fav GD versions have got to be 3/24/90 at the Nick and 10/19/73 at the Fairgrounds Arena in Oklahoma City. ..but it all started with this version: What the Dead did with this was other worldly.
product sku