• 2,197 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Bolderdash
    Any sub/bonus-disc versions that are unnumbered?

This is kind of an odd question but I am wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of subscriber versions of this (with the bonus disc) that are NOT numbered? The reason I ask is because when this was released, my order got utterly lost en route, and so I contacted Dead.net for a replacement. IIRC, the title was already sold out, and yet I got a replacement with the subscriber bonus disc, which made me happy. I had been so anxious to hear an official version of these shows that by the time the replacement was sent, I had already obtained the digital audio files from what may or may not have been nefarious means.. So I kept my copy sealed. Then, lo and behold, months later my original order shows up at my door, and in one piece too!

But I've been hanging on to that replacement order for years now, and since times are especially tough in my house, I'm considering selling it for whatever the invisible hand of the market decides its worth. However, I can't discover whether or not it is a numbered copy without breaking the shrink wrap. So back to my question - are they any known *unnumbered* copies of this or any other DP entries that shipped with a bonus disc? I've also heard of people collecting the unnumbered / promo copies, which seems weird to me (it's not like promo vinyl where there are sound quality reasons to want a white-label promo).

On a related note, I received another unnumbered copy, this time DP 49, in February, and Dead.net replied to my inquiry in record time and sent out a replacement via FedEx lickity-split. I've also had a few vinyl orders that shipped out FedEx as the default lately. Good on them for (finally) upping their shipping game!

• uncle_tripel

...thanks for passing on the photo's from Jai-Alai from your friend, just looking at them as I load up disc 1 for today's LET IT ROCK n roll show. Sending MANY healing VIBES your way!

PEACE ALL!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

keep'em comin', more '74!
    celebrating 50 years!!

uncle_tripel

• icecrmcnkd

Yes, it was available for $28.98 last Thursday.

9-8-73, -2-23-74, 11-2-69/12-26-69 still available.

• icecrmcnkd

I think that 6-23-74 was just available last week as part of the warehouse finds.

• OpenYourEyes
    Please re-release this one or make it available digitally!

See subject.
    Such a shame that these great releases get locked away or only available to those who can pay super inflated prices on the reseller market!

• Forensicdoceleven
    You are the music while the music lasts......

DEWAJACK check your pm..............................

Rock on,

Doc

• daverock

I often look on Discogs site to see if there are second hand box sets that I am looking for. I can't say I have ever bought a Dead show from them-and those I have looked at don't come cheap. But I have found bargains by other artists-so it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out before.

• dewajack
    Default Avatar

Long time Dead listener. I've purchased Dead shows on and off through the years, but have missed the boat on many great shows officially released in recent years due to life's demands. Last item I purchased was "Get Shown the Light." I was wondering is there anywhere to buy sold out official Dead releases for a reasonable price anywhere? I get on eBay and about pass out when I see the prices listed for individual Dave's Picks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Forensicdoceleven

Well, finally got my stuff, not exactly what I asked for but it'll have to do. Better late than never, I suppose...........

Nothing left to discuss here, let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Doc
    Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

"To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

There's a lot of hookers posting over on the Oakland Coliseum thread. I guess they are "Touch Heads."

user picture

Member for

8 years

In reply to by JimInMD

.. jmMD, if you reread my original post, I was joking around. I actually write in the post that it’s a joke, just kicking around with others & laughing! Just having some fun with some friends.
You are just cyber bullying me because you don’t like me and that’s because ... bla bla bla. I really don’t think your posts directed at me don’t belong on Thr forum, save it for pms . One on one, or do you need a crowd to get off? Lol , give me break, I’m done responding to your childish jabs & Lies. Have a grateful life, I only wish you peace,so, fare thee well stranger behind a computer screen bullying people, But please keep on posting. I enjoy reading your posts concerning the dead & all other music related topics. Take care . 🙏
Now, concerning, Dave’s Picks #35 pick! An excellent Pick/choice by David & the gang(The Grateful Dead TEAM)! 4/20/84. I’m very excited for some 1984 Dead! 84’ hasn’t had much exposure ; past releases, in the dead’s 1984 Dead era/ musical styles! Something new in my book! I’m doing my famous jig dance for new releases, lol, my daughters get a kick out of it, lol ha ha!
But back to Dave’s #35, I posted what it was months ago in my daily posts. I posted clues in every post. Alaska?!= ??/20/?? ; the day being 20th. If you reread my past posts , I’m pretty sure your going to see it right away because the answer has already been told, 4/20/84 ! Right on, I’m digging this pick ; most welcome for my collection of Dave’s Picks/ Grateful Dead!
Have a grateful day everyone, keep Rock’n Rolling!
🙏❤️💀🌹

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Yo! Rockers!!

4/20/84???

Sure, why not? Not exactly my era, but stilll.....

Charlie Miller did a nice remaster of this, listened, good show. Always liked My Brother Esau. Never cared for Day Job, and that ain't no joke.

Might've preferred Providence, but there may have been too many flubs and flaws to release that just yet. But it sure sounded good at the time!!

LOL I'm trying to be more opened minded.

Rock on, rockers!

Doc
Anxious to hear that new Commander release

.. greetings ‘Doc’, always a pleasure to read a post by the ‘Doc’.. I always get a smile on my face when doc comes into town , making my mind jump back to the primo 1971 performances waiting in the wings! Getting ready for a 1971 release! ;) Rock on old friend! Peace be with you! 🙏❤️💀🌹

I wasn't too chuffed when I saw about the next Dave's. I wouldn't buy it if it was a stand alone release, that's for sure. But having said that, I have just listened to the first set of 10/12/84 again, from 30 Trips, and vocals apart, it is superb. So if this new one is anything like that, maybe it wont be so bad after all.

I don't listen to many 80's shows. Hardly any in fact. But I have always quite liked Day Job. I am not so bothered about the lyrics, and the the music is nice and peppy.

user picture

Member for

8 years

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/grateful-dead-graphic-nov…
*** Ahead of the release of the graphic novel Grateful Dead Origins on August 4th, Z2 Comics have shared a hilarious excerpt from the band’s early days — as well as a previously unreleased live performance of “St. Stephen.”
This rendition of “St. Stephen” — a track off 1969’s Aoxomoxoa — is from a live performance at the Fillmore West in San Francisco in August 1968, marking the first West Coast live performance of the song. The concert, recorded to 9-track analog tape, also includes the first known performance of “William Tell Bridge.” The unreleased recording accompanies the graphic novel and is available on vinyl as part of the deluxe edition! *** 💀🌹

Grateful Dead Origins was written by Chris Miskiewicz and illustrated by Noah Van Sciver, and chronicles the band’s early years, specifically their “transformation from a bar band performing as the Warlocks to becoming the creators of their own sound and forefathers for the jam-band culture.”
The excerpt, which you can read below, tells the story of when the band appeared on the Hugh Hefner-hosted television show Playboy After Dark on January 18th, 1969. In typical Dead fashion, the band spikes the coffee with acid shortly before the show. “This is exactly the kind of prank that Neal [Cassady] would have pulled!” Bob Weir tells Ron “Pigpen” McKernan.

...my comrades call me ‘Michel de Nostredame’, usually Latinised as “Nostradamus” lol ha ha ;)
I’m just being a prankster! Keep on truck’n my comrades! ;)

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Ok let’s clarify some things.....I’ve never seen Jim bully a single person on these boards. In fact, he is one of the kindest people here. I’m sure others will stand up for that as well. He’s just calling you out for the lyes that you tell. The reason folks may not like you is not because of “blah, blah, blah”. It’s because your posts are mostly incoherent and often times plagiarized. You lie about insider info you supposedly have. You have proven yourself to be a thief. You consistently try to gouge others on the board for Grateful Dead items that are priced way higher than the original retail cost (If this were EBay then the latter would be ok, but seeing that this is not Ebay, you are consistently in violation of site rules). I’m sure I’ve missed something, but I think you get the point. I mean seriously dude, I guess just keep doing your “famous jig” dance, and spreading emojis....everything should be just fine....

Geez Louise, were you not taught any manners?

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

You are often defending youtself on this, claiming "cyber bully". I think the issue many have in trusting you and being comfortable sharing with you is that you've been the source of several shady incidents on this site. For example you have claimed to be a Grateful Dead insider for quite some time now, and never once provided any legitimate information on a release before it came out. I recall the time you posted information on a Woodstock release 15 minutes after it was published on the lesser known Rhino site. When someone pointed that out, you called them a cyber bully. That's not bullying that's pointing out the information was widely available to all.

You once asked me to burn you a copy of FW1969 Complete. I spent a lot of time trying to convert files from FLAC for you since you don't have a computer and needed it in CD form. When this was taking too long you attempted to speed me along by offering information on last years box set. I admit, you caught my intetest and I did ask earnestly when you could let me know. While this conversation went on in PM, you kept saying 'soon my friend, any day now I will be able to tell you'. My trouble getting the discs to you was that I don't have a FLAC converter and most free versions had some kind of song length limitation or song total limitation, so it was a lengthy task that I spent many hours on which I started well in advance of your "inside info" offer. It was when you grew frustrated with me and PM'd with the subjuct "Where's my CDs??" and accused me of just trying to get information out of you. THAT is manipulative bullying.

We all know what Casey Janes reported happened after you offered up beautifully framed autogtaphed Stanley Mouse prints.

You reported you bought a Dave's Picks 2 a couple of weeks ago and provided a weak excuse why you couldn't tell a record store owner who posts here where you got it.

I recall you made derogatory comments about people with opioid addiction getting free methodone, and when someone questioned your lack of compassion, you claimed your words were misunderstood due to your poor writing skills and english being second language. But when I read your comments to JimInMD, I see perfect command of the english language, as usual.

And then there's this medication business where you say it costs 10K a month that you can't afford, so you sell CDs on the site here to cover the cost, but then talk about buying a $500 Europe 72 set to enjoy for yourself.

There was the time you claimed to receive your Dave's Picks several days before the rest of us (Philadelphia 1973). When you were asked in good conversational faith what the song LENGTH was for Jam and Dark Star, since many of us womdered how that continuous piece of music would be divided up, you avoided the question with one of your typical nonspecific answers like "Jam comes before Dark Star and you are going to be blown away by this primo release".

There is a lot about your behavior that does not add up. How does a legally blind man, which you claim to be even see a phone screen to post a messages?

Your post about Alaska being the next Dave's Picks did not seem like kidding around to me. You seemed to be calling it as the next one.

How many people have sent you real CDs out of pity for your supposed medical condition that you turned around and sold? It's disturbing to hear you claim to get free copies of dead.net CDs from your "inside sources" and then you sell them for personal profit.

You bring a lot of attention to yourself with your fantastic stories, and then play cyber victim when people scratch their heads and disagree. You have proven yourself to be a manipulator of people.

user picture

Member for

8 years

In reply to by Mind-Left-Body

.. everything you wrote is your perspective, which is worng& false sorry to say, it’s not mine! It’s none of my business what people think about me I already know who I am and my actions. No but you never asked me any questions you’re just another one-sided person and then post assumptions with your gang of deadheads. There are three of you who make & think this way. It’s the same 3 to four clowns posting false statements. Because one Lne Person -“ KCJ ridiculous and absurd and twisted and manipulated you completely out of your mind , That’s my opinion ha ha and crack me up man take careLies I love this place. I Always speak & write the truth. I’m always a pm away to answer a question instead of making false allegations and assumptions in your mind ,
Mind. I’m not mad I’m only interested in peace! 🙏❤️💀🌹👍
*** I wrote, “#35 is going to be Alaska”, “Imagine” that!“ “Hell earth would freeze over” !!!that doesn’t sound like a answer to me. 🤔

Thanks for The Good 'Ole GD meets The Honeymooners! I needed a laugh. Funny I would have have thought Jackie Gleason was a 77 fan though. Huh? Go Figure.

Can you imagine if you actually bumped into those two at a show? " I'm F'in freaking out man!"

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

In reply to by deadegad

Fills a nice little hole in the live dead discography. Other than a single track on the SMR box set (12/31 Shakedown St) and of course 10/12 from Augusta on 30 trips, this is it: Here comes 4/20, thanks Dave!

So far this year we got '77, '74, now '84. Nice variety, too. What are we thinking for 36?

user picture

Member for

4 years

Since we just got a Pig show (2/21/71) with the Workingman release, I could see a 78 show for DaP 36. Been awhile since we had one. Maybe 4/16/78?

The bottle was dusty

but the liquor was clean

Shake it

Shake it

Sugaree

~ 7.1.73 ~ 7.5.81 ~

Fire it up Dave L.SD

SPRING SUMMER FALL

1984 FU%KING ROCKS

Add in some filler if there's is Space -> Dear Mr. Fantasy -> The Other One -> Black Peter ~ 7.6.84 ~

Anchorage, Alaska

Ship of Fools ~ 6.20.80 ~

SiriusXM has been serving up the goods back to back to back

If you get confused just listen to the music play

~ 7.27.73 ~

I got no dime

But I got some time

to hear his story

~ 7.8.90 ~

See here how everything

lead up to this day

~ 8.28.82 ~ 12.3.81 ~

~ 9.30.80 ~

Feel Like A Stranger ->
Franklin's Tower

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

There are some great renditions: 2/17/79, 12/27/79, 12/28/80 all have extended Jerry solos.

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by pkb

Anyone have a link to replay ?

Also looking for anyone selling Giants Stadium Box set ? Missed it. I'm most interested in the 1989 shows

1978. I hope for 8.30.78 or 12.30.78

Anything from April 1978 and Uptown has 3 good shows in a row. Plus 2 in May.

I listened to 11.18.78 & 11.20.78 recently both are nice. I am curious to hear or know if any returned reels included December 1978 performances. I am mostly finding audience recordings for that month /era /tour

4 29 84
I am in process of listening to that show

1984 does have a lot of gems, folks. A _lot_.

Thank Dave and pals!!!

4 29 84
I am in process of listening to that show

1984 does have a lot of gems, folks. A _lot_.

Thank Dave and pals!!!

May 29, 2020 - 4:28am#888
Lovemygirl

*RE/ Dave’s Picks #35
...I must admit, I’m already looking forward to the next release in the Dave’s Picks series of 2020 , which is #35...
6/20/80
West High Auditorium, Alaska
Hell is about to 🥶 freeze over in Deadland, imagine!? 😉🙏❤️💀🌹 have a grateful day everyone! Be safe,Be Kind & be grateful! We all have the “Good Ol’ Grateful Dead to help get us tru anything in this lifetime! Ciao’ Bello’s & Bella’s!

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Love the variety; that Giants box is an absolute joy, and a lovely respite from the wonderful shows of the 70s.

Checked my notes for the TTATS show from 1984 . . . turns out I LOVED it! And I have nothing but praise for the September-October shows from 1983. So this fills the hole between those concerts quite nicely.

Signed,
Grateful

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Deadheadbrewer

Member 10/20 being really good. Think 6/21 too, 6/24 was nutz but perhaps sloppy? 6/29 I don’t recall much cept a good Black Pedro, 4/16 is a veggie blur, same with 4/17, though I think it was good? Down on the rail for the spring shows riding the 5:15....yeah, need to look into 84 more....

As to the rest...Perhaps a trial by a jury of peers is in order? Pretty sure there would be a unanimous verdict...or,
Don’t want to be mean about it, but I don’t have one good word to say...

user picture

Member for

7 years

Great cover. A decent year. I cant wait. How's it going guys? The boxer on the stadium roof cant be butterbean because he would crush the stadium below. Or it could be mind left body and caseyjanes boxing for jims honor.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Yo! Rockers!!!

Doc here. As almost everybody here knows, I'm a bit of a 1971 freak. What many may NOT know, is that for the past several years I've been working (intermittantly) on a "1971 project", a loose (and fun) analysis of every 1971 Dead show. If anybody out there saw such shows, or knows somebody who did, and if he/she/they would like to share show recollections from 1971 to be included in said project (and of course given proper credit) ,please pm me ASAP. I'm trying to have it all wrapped up for the big 50th anniversary year.................

Regarding 1984: in the later era, a very good year. I think the Dead underwent a "mini-renaissance" in the 83-85 period. Now seriously, second Augusta was the second life-changing Dead event for me (first was Providence 1974). But in 84, Carrier Dome, SPAC, and Providence were all very good and tons of fun.

Just got the new OSF Commander release, great stuff. Always loved Kirchen's playing, that man can pick!!

Rock on!!!

Doc

user picture

Member for

4 years

Thanks for your research. I knew the Alaska show was posted at some point. In regards to DaP 36, mathematically, it’s roughly a 20-25% chance that it’s a Pig show, so I guess we’ll see.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Now.. I'm curious. I had one of the second sets on tape back in the day, but the sound sucked.. I think it was the second night. I was always partial to the Providence '85 show, my tape was better and it had that nice first set sequence starting with a blazing, (Alabama Getaway) > Angry Jack Straw and had a nice Dire Wolf and She Belongs to Me.

The AJS from Providence '85 is very similar to the even Angrier one from the Carrier Dome in October '84. Blazing..

Yes.. my soft spot is still 68 through 74, but I always loved some of the later era stuff and lately I have been listening to a ton of 80's (and early 90's) GD and it really can scratch an itch. Love it.

(off topic, some of the back and forth banter lately is at least to me somewhat hysterical.. but not in a good way.. can we find a way to just get along? I really could care less what the next release is, let's leave the speculation to Nostradamus. Hope that's ok to say, meant tastefully no hyperbole intended)

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

There goes JimInMD bullying me again. When will this ever stop? He’s disparaged my screen name so many times I’ve lost count.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

DaP 36 is 12-18-73

Dick’s Picks ended at #36, and started at 12-19-73

DaP 36 must be 12-18-73!
The Universe says so.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

High energy show

Kydj encore....love it or not, it is high energy as well

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 6 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

'69-'72 or '78. Or, dare we get a '90s show?

My Onkyo TX-8050 stereo receiver died. Got it in September, 2012. Just stopped putting out an audio signal. I looked it up online and it seems pretty common for that model. Some people were reporting it back in 2013, so I’m lucky that mine lasted almost 8 years.

I have had good luck with Onkyo products prior to this one, going back to the tape decks I had in the 90’s. I really like their 6-disc carousel CD player. I have a separate Onkyo 5.1 surround home theater system with BluRay player connected to my TV that works great. Onkyo products always seemed to give good sound for an affordable price. So, in this case I went looking for a new Onkyo 2-channel stereo receiver but it seemed that everything was out of stock. This also came up a few weeks ago when someone else (AJS?) was looking for new equipment, and it was thought that maybe the factories were shut down for COVID and inventory was depleted.

Anyway, I started looking at other brands, but didn’t want to spend $1k and didn’t want anything that has more than 2 channels (I already have a 5.1 system for video).
So, went with the Cambridge Audio AXR100 stereo receiver. It sounds awesome! Way better than the Onkyo with CD, digital music player, and vinyl.

Right now spinning 11-10-67 Caution on vinyl. Sound quality is real AND spectacular.

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

9/20/70

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

Now we're talking!

..and those recovered reels from the Capitol in November 1970 could make up the next box set.

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

I could easily see this released for the 50th anniversary of American Beauty, there are twelve songs on 9/20/70 from Working man's Dead and American Beauty.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by billy the kid

9/20/70 might just be the best unreleased show from that year where a board tape exists. At least of the remaining shows that I have listened to. Good call, Billy..

It's one of the shows that consistently comes up on these boards year after year after year after year yet somehow has not gotten a Full-Norman.

Ha.. AJS, I would never use your name in vain. I do like those later year Jack Straws.. the Carrier Dome one in particular. It's an Angry Good version. Meant with nothing but respect. I still have to do a second dip into Providence 84 now.

I think I am in the minority, but the 72 versions are not my favorites.. they hadn't simmered in the stew long enough or something, they just hadn't developed their sea legs. I prefer 74 to 72, more jazzy, loose and free flowing. I guess more expressive. Post hiatus it's a different beast altogether though and by the mid to late 80's it had become a force to be reckoned with. Light the fuse and run away good. ..and those angry versions are like run away freight trains. I like Angry Jack Straws.

user picture

Member for

7 years

I have to agree on the jack straws of the later dates. Even the 78' red rocks and on. Now you have me going back from 72' and on to see this theory. Good times

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Yes--I just went through the entire E72 box, and was left wanting on the Jack Straws. For me, that song didn't truly ripen until 1989 or so. Those later-era Jack Straws blow my mind. 12/28/91 and 6/25/91 come to mind . . .

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

No, my perspective is just fine. This is the PM you sent me and response. The only reason I'm reposting is because you said my pespective was off and made it sound like I was making up stories. This is the last I have to say on the matter.

07/07/2019 - 11:36
From
Lovemygirl

What happened to my CDs???
You forgot about that or you just wanted info?!!!

Subject Where’s my CDs ???
07/09/2019 - 17:36
From
Mind-Left-Body

You were not answering my posts. I do not know your address. The dead net PM Inbox only holds 10 messages and you gave me your address a long time ago.

You just posted that you have obtained a copy of the box set, so I assume you don't need them anymore. What a way to ask! You're easily the rudest person I've come across on dead net. You think I spent time trying to get those CDs burn for info LMAO. You don't have the info!!! You told me you would let me know what the box set was several weeks ago at this point. You said it would only be a couple more days. That time has long since passed, so that makes you a liar in my book.

I think the truth of the matter is that you don't have the box set list. You don't have the foggiest idea what it's going to be. And for you to come on here and rudely ask where your CDs are? I'll tell you where they are, they're in my shed on my 80s CD player. I'm using them as a backup when I go out to the shed to smoke. Please don't PM me anymore.

Like Icecrmcnkd I did some research since you said no questions were asked and evaded by you. For DaP 32 you wrote (and this is still posted under entry 1677 October 28th, before anyone else stated they received their copy:

Daves 32 Release 💀🌹
I recieved two copies today. Opened one and powered up my amps nice and warm and pushed play on my personal system. Oh my! pRIMO isn’t even close to explaining this new mix, just gratefuly beautiful , well worth the 41 years of waiting for this release! I’m all ears my Grateful Dead Fans, I’m pretty sure everyone is going to agree the sound of Daves Pick 32 is top-notch my brothers & sisters! Peace be with you all, have a grateful week and an even an equally gratefully where’s Bruce Lenny when you need him ...🤡holoween 2019 🙏❤️😎💀🌹💀🌹

Int he next few entries two people asked you the run time on Jam and Dark Star. Your reply:

*Re/Butch - Daves Pick #32 / Dark Star & & Jam...
.... the ‘Jam’really starts/begins with ‘Trucking’ 🙏😎💀🌹

Question not answered. Butch asked again:

Thats Cool Love My Girl
What's the minutes and seconds for Jam and Dark Star? It's on the CD.

So that was 3 asks on the lenghth of Dark Star. Simple question. Your response came in post #1617 after many had received their copy. The two people asking about the track lenghths of Jam and Dark Star questioned whether you really did get early copies as an "insider". Why wouldn't it come into question? You weree fine announcing to everyone that you had it in hand and listened to it. It was only when you were asked a third time and had no answer that they questioned whether or not you really received early copies. You responded with something incoherent about Halloween and how they must be crazy for asking a simple question. This was it, still up there for all to see, so no I'm not making all of this up.

Mindless Brain Dead & Souless Troll (S)
...when there’s one theirs always another right after another emerging from their beggars tomb under the bridge & why not? It’s halloween, day of the dead and a time when most crazy lunes worshipping the moon & a bit of witches brew...lmfao! Have a grateful evening everyone, peace be with you all, even the crazies lol 🙏😎🌹☠️🎃

P.S. we were friendly at one point. I don't dislike you, you were a nice contact to have before this occurred.
Please just be straight with people. Your enthusiasm in your posts is much appreciated and also your GD knowledge.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

9/20/70 is great, but the night before is also unbelievable...
Has one of my all-time favorite Dark Stars...

I’m not sure if all 4 shows in that run are in the vault, but man - what a perfect box set...

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

The one played at Kansas City 7/1/78 catches fire.

We haven't had a Dave's Picks from late 1967 to April 1969 yet. The ones we have had from 1969 are from the letter half of the year, when they were heading heading towards Working Mans etc. The earlier months of 69 could be seen as the culmination of the psyche era before the country came in. Not that they entirely left the psyche era-but you know what I mean.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-34.html