• 7,844 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • PT Barnum

Hey now, gr8 show here, opening Jack Straw high energy and off we go, first set has a Peggy-O and a Loser and ends with a China>Rider. Second set is again where it's at with a monster of a Shakedown estimated>eyes>Drums>Space>Truckin>Black Peter with a Casey Jones encore. check it out

• JimInMD
    I heard from a friend here that today is Harpur College Day

I can only assume it is true. Finished work a little early today, setting the controls for 5/2/1970. A few drops of tincture under the tongue. Hopping on the John Deere. I expect my afternoon will begin by cutting my grass and end destination unknown.

My only wish is that the Hey_Blow nazi's let this post go through unchanged.
    5/1 vs. 5/2. I'm in the 5/2 camp but if you toss in both shows plus the New_Riders from 5/1.. well, lets just throw in 5/6 for a threefor. Trust me, it's going to be alright.

A tip of the glass to what's going on in the world today. I cannot help think of these shows juxtaposed over what's going on in college campuses right now. I refer to my previous statement, chill out a little people, everything's going to be ok. Sit back, listen, enjoy and be.

I love all you guys and girls, the world would be much worse off without us in it.

• Oroborous

What we like and why we like it.
    Used to love how five dudes who all just experienced the same show, sometimes together most of the night, could then have five different opinions in the car afterward lol
    Keep ‘em coming boys!
    I’m rollin on 77 currently.

• uncle_tripel

...those GD aud tape listening days have pasted, however, in the treasure chest can still be found the well-worn AUD cassette tapes with accompanying memories of
    hershey 6/28/85
    rochester 11/7-8/85 [weir and his opening the show by mentioning Rajneesh Bhagwan]
    rochester 7/2/87
    pittsburgh 7/6/87 [welcome our friends the Neville brothers]

and these only see the light of day every 7-8 yrs, & only if, lol, the JONESIN' is OOC,
    which media one prefers to listen to makes no difference as long as
    you all keep on rockin'

• daverock

A bit off piste perhaps, but mention of them reminds me of the great documentary I watched last weekend called "Have You Got It Yet" about....Syd Barrett.

• icecrmcnkd

Unless it’s the audio track of video.
    I’ve recorded video at several shows. They’re on utoob at DeadFloyd69.

Otherwise, with around 4TB of SBDs on HDs, most of which I haven’t listened to yet, there is no reason for me to listen to an AUD recording of GD.

Floyd is a different story because AUDs are mostly what exist.

• Oroborous

I mean I’m not arguing, I totally get it, but hasn’t there ever been a show so ridiculously good that you forget about the tape?
    That you’d regret not hearing?
    Of course, like I said, unless Estimated Prophet yells dumbness next to the mic all night lol Maybe not, there IS a Lot of shows out there!

And that’s so so quality, personally I like a perfectly done aud almost as much, well, I’d take a very well (professionally) done matrix over all, multi track of course ; )

• uncle_tripel

DEADVIKES...I went to that well once too often, the not well audiencetape adventure...yes, those days have pasted

• Oroborous

Just every now and then from time to time…
    Some shows are just so good it’s worth it, unless some Jack ass is screaming dumb shit right next to the mics all night lol

• DeadVikes

Pretty sweet BB, front row center in April 81 and with the future Misses. Prime time Dead in my opinion.

OB, I don't mind an audience recording if it sounds good, just can't take the ones that sound terrible. Spent the first part of my Dead journey listening to a lot of bad tapes, which I am sure you can relate to. Anyway, yes, I am dipping my toes in those May 79 shows per your recommendation. Thanks Man.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by PT Barnum

....for 10/24/72.

Got on a side trip today and hit 2/19/71 (Three From the Vault) and 2/21/71 (WMD50th). I tossed in half of 2/20 for good measure but the other two sounded better. Go figure. It was beautiful here, I spent my day outside getting shit done but with good headphones and quite the little getting shit done outside system. I even have a big ass tube amp for my headphone system. It rocks, lossless wireless and works basically in the whole yard except for a few nooks and crannies where the digital gnomes take over.

A tip of the hat to our resident 71 in chief.

Still delivers Jim. Good idea. One of the best sounding Dave's that has been released to date. Jerry was just on fire for this show. Top five China Rider, maybe even top three for me. I will say, I still can't listen to You Ain't Women Enough. Never really liked this in the mix. What a first set, close with a Playing that just puts me at ease. Great Stella Blue, HCS, Eyes, Sugar Mag, Casey Jones, JBG and We Bid you Good Night. And I believe this was the first Dave's courtesy of ABCD LLC.

Okay, hopefully those shipping notifications will start arriving soon.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I only saw soundboards for the second set (hoping I didn't miss something), so that's what I hit this morning. I had some straight forward work issues to contend with, this was good for the task.

Nice flow they got going during The Other One suite with a nice Philo Stomp squished between the layers. Got to give it to Phil for pushing some of these thematic themes along during this period. Collectively, they raise the bar in pre-hiatus sound. They shine.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Universal Amphitheatre - last show of a nice 3 show run. Got one of those dreamy jazzy Playings.

Looks like 12/16/78 got sort of swept down river.

On the road so not much listening. Solid start to 2023 Dave's with the two '77 Portland shows.

Take care everyone.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by bluecrow

I'm in, but for tomorrow.

Edit: Sorry bluecrow. I did overlook 12/16/78. I bet I can fit that in tomorrow though. My calendar has a little more room than it did a week or so ago. Honestly.. one of the things that kept me busy when this came up was time on the river, so yea.. it got swept down the river. Beautiful fall colors and copious amounts of water have been keeping me busy.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Sorry Bluecrow, I did que up the audience of 12/26/78 last week but got delayed as I am dealing with some emergency home owner stuff this last week. Hoping to continue that show soon and add that 7/1/73 show to the list as well. Thanks.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

But 7/1/73 was a Bolo pick back when…
Don’t think we’ve done 6/29 or 6/30 though so I got those going trying to straighten out the garage now that Winter is here I guess : (

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Oroborous

that's like last century

not that I would have recognized that as a Bolo pick at this point, but guess I'm in good company

that whole Universal Amphitheatre '73 run would make a super nice mini box. of the lesser known shows of late Spring into Summer, still rooting for a Des Moines 5/13/73 release. I do think we'll get some, maybe all of Kezar, RFK, and Watkins, this year.

yep sorta felt like winter driving back today north of Cuba, NM, nice hit of snow for a few miles. Started out the drive pre-dawn with 3/10/81 from the MSG box. Didn't quite click, probably a reflection of the car audio. Transitioned to actual CDs of Dick's Picks #1 from Curtis Hixon. 12/19/73. And damn, as we all know, that is one very fine release. Really cool that Dick went to a show that was completely off the circulation radar at that time. Just one sweet song after another. Exquisite sonic weirdness transitioning out of The Other One into Stella Blue. As others have said, would love to have full show release of both this and the previous night.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Howdy BC.

I recall 7/1 being pretty good, and these other two were awright.
I’d call them average, for 73 that is. (I’d say the bar is pretty high)
The 30th is on Dave’s list so ya know that one will get out.
That’s the problem with 73, there’s still so many killer shows that you almost hate to “waste” a pick on an “average” show, if that makes sense?
2 Danes, 2 or 1 Fla., 2 RFK, Kezar, Stanford, and that’s just off the top of my pointy little head!
Still some good other spring and summers too!
So at the rate their trickling them out, chances are some really good shows are not going to make it!
If he continues for 8 more years, that’s 32+ DaP shows plus say five per box set average, so that’s another 40? Let’s say 80 more shows…taken from thirty years that leaves A LOT of of great shows stuck in the vault?
Why, why would they not capitalize on selling more product? I guess their making plenty as is, and like all things it’s all about money…

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Glad you are keeping the list OB. My memory is not that good to recall all the past picks from the last 2.5 years.

7/1/73 is still good. Not too many low lights in 73, but some are definitely better than others.

12/16/78, pretty good audience recording. Nice Sugaree to open. Always enjoy a Stagger Lee.

Solid second set, Scarlet Fire, nice He's Gone. Good show.

Would love to see more releases OB, not sure they will be tweaking the format, but I think we would welcome it.

Was looking at Dave's #11 today and yes, we have definitely hit this before.

Any of you receive your shipping notifications yet? Still nothing for me.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Yep DV, got a number but it hasn’t really started moving yet.
Daves 11, haven’t spent much time with that one since a nice person here turned me on.
I’ll try and get that in, sometime…still not much Dead and what little I’m hitting has been all box, which I’m loving!

FORMAT: I think they should up Dave’s to 5 a year, keep the other normal stuff, but starting with 73 pick like the 10 best shows from the year, and put a no frills box out. Then 10 for say 84 next year since there’s not that many 74s left which usually get out via DaP etc. Then since only one 75 which you’d think would be used for Allah 50th, you go 85. Then 76, then do we really need 10 more 77s on top of all that get regularly released? So say 87, 2028 78 etc…

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Nice little package on that one!
Wasn’t going deep, but it seemed to sound pretty good too.
Need to hit this again!

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Love the Double Shot OB!
Dave's #11.
Yes, I am a big fan of this release. Sound quality is so good. Not a long show, but it has a lot of high lights. Bird Song, Box of Rain, good to hear it again but it got better in early 73. Love the early 70 versions of Brokedown Palace. Really good Cumberland, He's Gone, Truckin, the Other One!

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Happy Halloween, tricksters!!!

Pick Of The Day: SUNY @ Stony Brook, October 31 1970

We all know that the Fall 1970 shows weren’t officially recorded, yet some recordings do exist. A few are fragments, a few are flawed, and then there’s Stony Brook. Two nights, two shows each night, NRPS opened, beautifully recorded, all very nicely remastered by the talented Mr Miller.

OK yes, a bit short, and they don’t blow us away with the kinds of crazy things they played at the Fillmore in September and the Capitol Theater in November, but this is a very good look at the Dead at the time, and gives us at least a hint, a fleeting glimpse, of their greatness at the time. Plus, you get two versions of Hard To Handle in one night!!!!

This has a casual, unhurried, even conversational feel, more akin to stoner Americana than big jam San Fran. For those with open minds, a very rewarding listening experience!

Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it's about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves…………

Rock on!!

Doc
For me, Halloween is year-round. But my Halloween is the real Halloween - dealing with the real dead……

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

and I will raise you with 10-31-91. Such a wonderful show, with both a Help>Slip>Franklin's and a spacey Let it Grow in the first set but set 2 is the stuff that Halloween is made of. A real good Scarlet into a Fire on the Mountain, good stuff then out comes Gary Duncan and they head off into Spoonful into Dark Star with that Rap from Ken Kesey eulogizing Uncle Bobo into Drums>Space>Dark Star that spills out into The Last Time. In my listening experience, in these later years, if there is a Last Time outta Space, it means this might be the last time you ever hear such wonderful music. Standing on the Moon might be the best version ever and the Not Fade away is real cool. Encore...Werewolves of London what else? enjoy and thanks Doc for your recommendation, it's a good one too.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

I will see your 10/31/91 with a 10/31/69, raise you a 10/31/84, double dog dare ya with a 10/31/85, and triple dog dare ya with a 10/31/71. Take that!!!

Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly..........

Rock on,

Doc
Gambling is a disease of barbarians superficially civilized..........

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by m-skjellyfetti

I’m familiar with that great 91, the magnificent 71, and the fun 85!
Not sure bout the rest, will have to check some of those out…
Duh, obviously familiar with 1980 also…

EDIT: 84 and 70 checked/dug.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

has a chunk of that BCT 10-31-84 in today's selection.
And keep your fingers off my Butterfinger. Happy Halloween!
Cheers
Oro, PM for you please. Thx.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by 1stshow70878

A show that is spread, in part, over Dicks Picks 34 and Daves Picks 12 as bonus tracks. The Lazy Lighthing-Supplication", tacked on to the end of the 3rd cd of Dicks Picks 34 is a highlight.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

A Deadhead is obviously in charge of the commercial break music. Most between-innings tunes feature a snippet of sound from the GOGD.

Baseball and Grateful Dead...as it should be.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by bolo24

Good to hear from you Bolo. Yes, good to hear a little estimated prophet tonight and shakedown and foolish heart last week. I missed most of the game last night as I was at MUATM. Great time. Good to be back.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

That's a straight flush of Halloween shows, love that 85 show, will check out that 69 show today. thanks again for the great recommendations.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by PT Barnum

In honor of the MUATM selection, I was thinking about hitting the other Copenhagen show from 4/14/72.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

King Tut's tomb was opened. 45 years ago the Grateful Dead played one hell of a show. The Jones gang preserved for us on Dave's 12. Check it out if you haven't in a while, or for the first time, only time cold rain>eyes>estimated>TOO played. 4-11-77 is my pick for today.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by PT Barnum

I am playing the November 1977 shows that have been officially released on Dicks and Daves at the moment - and very entertaining they are too. Razor sharp guitar from Jerry-you can almost see sparks coming out of his amp. Does 4/11/77 taper off a bit in the last quarter, though? From Iko Iko on, either me or the show seems to lose steam a bit.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by daverock

Is this thing on?

4/14/72 good show, I think 4/17/72 might be a little better.

I have to admit the long dragged out Pig Pen Good Lovin's don't always do it for me. They seem to drag on way too long.

Hope you are all enjoying #44. I am still waiting on mine as it hasn't left CA yet.

Anyone have a pick out there? WTJ, Jim? Bueller?

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Sorry, been travelling a bit and when home, well the weather here has just been fantastic, sunny and in the upper 70's well into November in the mountains? 11 years ago this week we were without power and under 2 1/2 feet of hurricane snow and ice from Hurricane Sandy. I'll take sunny and 77 over hurricane snow any day of the week.

So how about the orphaned stepchild from the Winterland 73 Box Set, 11/9/73, the warmup Winterland show. It has a rare second set To Lay Me Down (the first one since 9.20.70 Fillmore East), a China>Rider PITB to close out the first set and a sweet Weather Report Suite, Eyes>China Doll in the apex of the second set.

Plus, I have it handy so it's easy for me plug and play.

A mildly famous show that's somehow off the beaten path at the same time.

user picture

Member for

2 years 5 months

11/9/73, what a great show, and what a great box set. Winterland 73 box, is in my top 3 of all box sets released. #1 Fillmore West 1969, #2 Europe 72, and #3 Wintertland 73.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by billy the kiddd

Jim. 11/9/73 sounds great to me. Thanks for the pick.

Enjoy that weather out there. Did you get Dave's #44 yet?

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Not yet.. or I likely wouldn't have picked a 3 1/2 hour show..

Not to worry, it will arrive exactly when it's ready, not a moment early, not a moment late.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Thanks for bringing it up, think I’ll do the whole thing later this week into the weekend.
On my 3rd pass through DaP44, sounds good and Cumberland just started.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Midway through 11.10. I had forgotten just how psychedelic that PITB is. It ranks right up there with any crazy Dark Star from the era.

I finished the first set early in the afternoon and stepped out to run an errand. The China Rider Playing to end the set was just fantastic. Today's show on Satellite Radio was 5.21.74 Seattle with that amazing 47 min PITB. So I fire up the truck just as that 47 min beast started. Two stratospheric PITB's back to back and I was plenty mood enhanced. It's going to take some time to remember how to walk, talk, drive, dress myself and eat without incessant drooling.. but rest assured I will be back to norman before you know it.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Mornin', rockers................

A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid..............

It appears that a hidden treasure has recently leaked out---the Carousel shows from June 8 and 9, 1968. OK, it's fragmented, and incomplete, but it's choice primal Dead. Anybody who needs/wants, you know where to find me...........

One of Bear's fall 1972 recordings is already out----one of the Boston Music Hall shows from September. Excellent quality. So yes, those appear to be in there. Let's all sign the HF petition and get that Fall 72 box put out...........

Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind........

Rock on,

Doc
If love is the treasure, laughter is the key.........

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Funny, when you haven't listened to a show for a while and you go back to it and you think damn, this is so good. We are a lucky bunch to have the riches of so many shows.
Jim, yes, that Playing to end the first set really hits it. The whole show is so strong. Love the HCS, To Lay Me Down is beautiful. Great Big River, Half Step. Is there anything better than a WRS into an Eyes? That first couple of cords of Eyes, melts away the stress. Great finish!
Good reminder Jim.
I think Bolo was at this show?

I may join you on 11/10/73.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

..for 44. In the meantime I am plowing forward with Winterland '73. I didn't give it any thought when I picked 11/9, but these are anniversary shows. Ooops.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

These shows are so good, I need to listen to them more often Jim.

11/10 keeps the mother rolling.

Maybe OB will join back in on these?

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

who knows, maybe even bluecrow will join back in

been in the backcountry a whole lot last month and a 1/2 so dedicated listening at home only a handful of days every 2 weeks. Winterland '73 where "momma hides the cookies" top shelf run and box set. Haven't done a back to back to back run through in maybe forever but like a moth to a flame I'll see what I can hit. Disc 3 from 11/11 was on constant rotation for months one winter for late night drives to and from project area in the canyon country outback. Gonna point out once again another release from a month later that has held that late night position lately - 12/19/73 Tampa DP 1. So freaking good.

take care all. onward!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Lol, I was just going to post only that lol.

Ive had no time for any music lately.
Going through bureaucratic greedy hell.
Kid backed into my car while it was parked.
Simple fender bender…nope, greedy ins fuckers trying to steal a perfectly good car.
And of course, that kooont Murphy, all this at the worst possible time.

But if I get a chance this WE, I’ll try to fire up some of that.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Neighbor did that to me and never paid my $500 deductible.
Didn't know I could have taken him to small claims court.
Dent the size of a basketball on an easy fender to fix still cost $1700!
Insurance is a legalized racket! They "totaled" my wife's car.
We got it all fixed but now have a "salvage" title, would be harder to sell.
"Don't let it bring you down. It's only castles burning" - Neil Young
Cheers
Digging out the Winterland 11-10-73 today.

Edit: On that automotive theme, they busted the biggest nationwide ring leader in the selling of "hot" catalytic converters schemes. Huge fines, jail time, even had to forfeit his pricey cars bought with the ill-gotten gains. YES! Proudfoot should be happy about that one.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Yep 1stshow, that’s what it is, legalized crime!
Totaling a car that’s ten years old, but barely broken in with mileage 43% below national average.
The way I use it, the car would have lasted another ten years at least!
At my age I don’t need to buy a new car just to go to nasty construction sites where it will get dinged etc.
I’m just trying to limp through a couple more years ffs.
The really messed up part of all this is the only reason I’m even still doing this is Health Insurance!
So that’s 2 perfectly good cars, a 3 year old sink, and literally now a 5 year old washing machine in the last 5 months!
Perhaps this why folks are so angry all the time?
Fuck me, at this rate I’ll never get to retire : (

EDIT: they outta let PF and HF in the room alone with a couple of those scumbags! Beat them senseless with aCC.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Insurance (in general) - some times it screws you over and sometimes it saves your butt. Been on both sides of that coin.

One regret over the years was that I hesitated changing companies (across the spectrum - auto, home, health) even when signs pointed to the getting screwed over side of that coin. Cost me a whole lot of money in premiums for substandard coverage.

so 12/19/73 bringing it again in BC world - sometimes you start peeling back an onion you thought you already knew and then you just got to listen to it again and again as each new layer amazes.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Hey Bluecrow,

Good to hear from you, of course everyone is always welcome, the more the merrier.

Sounds like you have an interesting occupation.

Hey OB, sorry to hear about that issue for you, not fun. Hope it all works out.

And 12/19/73 will be added to the list.

Thanks guys, hope you all have a good weekend.

Started snowing here a little bit tonight.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

just being a goofball DV, I mean I was here on POTD from day 1 and it was an island of fun and goodness in a sea of serious trouble, but nowadays don't have as much listening ability or time and obviously not posting all that regular at some times though I check in just about every day if I have cell service. Just returned this fall to the work I was doing pre-covid. has me outdoors. good for the body and mind. had to switch lanes as to work for about 3 years. Will try to get to some of the Winterland '73 run next few days. Had a good "deep forest" listen early this morning on the new Dave's from Autzen. Sweet memories of that weekend. Still remember that jam in Uncle John's - it was like I was surfing a big beautiful wave of music coming from Jerry's guitar, locked in, simply amazing.

take care everyone, enjoy the weekend. and again special good luck to you Oro on the insurance debacle. hopefully it gets resolved cleanly for you

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Positive vibrations Mon!

Gonna sooth the ole battered soul with some of that gooey WL 73 this WE.
Sheeeooott, still have only heard 44 once, so there’s that too.
And yaaassssss BC Dicks 1 has always been top tier in that realm (nice RJ reference btw ; )
Deep Forest listening, sounds amazing. If I ever won the lottery, I think I would build some kind of fantastic deep woods stereo set up: all the gear in a hidden vault below, with a chair and speakers that rise up when you need them, and down to protect them when not in use. Preferably a Meyers system lol.
Press a button or 2 on your phone and the chair and speakers rise into place and pick a show and go!

But good to see ya BC, and I’m in the same boat with no proper listening time. So need to utilize the WE for strong medicine!

Well DV, I am truly worried about the big game mañana. Perhaps I shouldn’t have said go VIKS so much lol, cause their going awright. And now with Jah Shalin out….No Bueno! We are so banged up now. It’s kind of weird that people who spend their lives being in top physical condition (supposedly), that there can be so many injured? I think it’s not just us, but like the hole league? Anywho, hopefully it’s at least a good game, the refs won’t muck it up, and may the team that deserves it wins!
Onward Amigos!
Mucho Garcias!

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Grab 20 or 30 Catalytic Converters and you can finally afford that new car/truck you've always wanted. Get an extra 10 and you can be pimping it with hifi.

Just saying, Proudfoot will happily put you up for a week in the land where the getting' is good.

Back to Winterland 73. I finished the whole run in sequence probably for the first time in a decade or so. Some really creative stuff there. Wowwow Grateful Dead music. Fall 73 is a ok with me.

Hey Rocky.. watch me levitate Garcia (that trick never works)

Best of luck Oro..

I got the RJ reference from you of course : )

A secret deep forest music system sounds great. I was in the "deep forest" of my mind of course, sorta referencing the fact that I think the 44 cover art has that magic forest glade inside Autzen (from what I see). And I was trying to find that space again like it felt at that show. That second set was something else. Opening with that laid back Eyes had me in a complete what is happening moment. Was not aware that had happened in the Spring. And the Crazy Fingers out of the thunder of LLR. And the Uncle Johns with the big wave jam. I was ALWAYS a D>S head. Wheel was super special for me and my girl. Even Jerry's jam out of Miracle is simply another level given what that song normally was at that point. He's flying right into the heart of the sun of Morning Dew.